So to the people that say the playing field has been "evened", i have a question.

Anput.4620

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

@Hesacon.8735 said:I find myself playing slow classes more. Before I would only roam on my daredevil. Now I can get anywhere with more or less the same speed. It lets me play classes to roam that I would not have before.

Weird, now I ONLY play daredevil because its the only spec that can both catch and escape mounts.

Soulbeast Longbow is also decent at it :0, i mean DD is also just decent, the rest is just bad and nothing is good at all lol.

@Anput.4620 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:Strange. I play scourge and i cant find the permaevade button, the 15k+ backstabs out of permastealth, or the 1800 attack range, or the permasustain on my character. Please fix.Classes are good at something. Others at zerging, others excel at roaming. However, if you have issues killing a scourge as a thief or ranger, buddy, I have news for you...

But mounts made those useless, so i heard the field has been evened yet those classes can't suddenly do well in zergs while every slow class can now avoid any fight at will for free. So if roaming is dead and unviable and Zerg is the only thing now then that makes those other classes very bad, yet i hear everyone say things are fair now?

I literally can't roam except if i pick ranger with full zerk with a longbow, then i can be just little under half as effective as before, but my other specs can't do anything. So how do i use my Thieves in the TRUE WVW PLAYSTYLE of spamming AoE vs mobs when i have no aoe :/

@Voltekka.2375 said:Strange. I play scourge and i cant find the permaevade button, the 15k+ backstabs out of permastealth, or the 1800 attack range, or the permasustain on my character. Please fix.Classes are good at something. Others at zerging, others excel at roaming. However, if you have issues killing a scourge as a thief or ranger, buddy, I have news for you...

Maybe not, but you do get most of the benefits of the daredevil elite spec with warclaw.

Your point that classes are good at different things is correct, but there's a lot of issues at the moment with new content granting skills that bleed into another profession's defined strengths with little drawback, making the other profession worth less overall as a result. Mobility and mounts is one example, new sneak gyro and shadow refuge would be another. Or, just granting too much in general, to the exclusion of everything else; PvE chrono comes to mind here.

If the thing you are good at has been gutted/made unplayable you might aswell be good at nothing.

I don't know what game you're playing, but I see daredevil, deadeye and even plenty of core thief builds everywhere I go when roaming. Daredevil especially is practically unkillable and uncatchable. If you're struggling, it isn't the class in this case. Grab a shortbow and l2p, bud.

@AliamRationem.5172 said:

But mounts made those useless, so i heard the field has been evened yet those classes can't suddenly do well in zergs while every slow class can now avoid any fight at will for free. So if roaming is dead and unviable and Zerg is the only thing now then that makes those other classes very bad, yet i hear everyone say things are fair now?

I literally can't roam except if i pick ranger with full zerk with a longbow, then i can be just little under half as effective as before, but my other specs can't do anything. So how do i use my Thieves in the TRUE WVW PLAYSTYLE of spamming AoE vs mobs when i have no aoe :/

Maybe not, but you do get most of the benefits of the daredevil elite spec with warclaw.

Your point that classes are good at different things is correct, but there's a lot of issues at the moment with new content granting skills that bleed into another profession's defined strengths with little drawback, making the other profession worth less overall as a result. Mobility and mounts is one example, new sneak gyro and shadow refuge would be another. Or, just granting too much in general, to the exclusion of everything else; PvE chrono comes to mind here.

If the thing you are good at has been gutted/made unplayable you might aswell be good at nothing.

I don't know what game you're playing, but I see daredevil, deadeye and even plenty of core thief builds everywhere I go when roaming. Daredevil especially is practically unkillable and uncatchable. If you're struggling, it isn't the class in this case. Grab a shortbow and l2p, bud.

That's the problem ... he's not adapting to the game. He's simply concluded mounts are bad and doesn't know a thing about how to interact with them in the game.

The mount mechanics are not the problem for real roamers and it is certainly not stopping ganking (I see more of it now than before). The balance/mechanics problems with it is rather that mounts inflates numerical superiorities in different ways and that is counterproductive in a game mode where content is produced between differently-sized groups of players or groups with large experience gaps that can reserve mounted players.

This comes in various forms, from speed-disparities based on ownership (discouraging players from playing offensively on the map and creating balance issues with home-team advantages on the field; direct anathema to the concept of open world roaming PvP), by having players with superior force more easily chasing down undermanned groups that are retreating or regrouping, or by simply having a superior force keeping dedicated stompers.

Those are real, long-term issues rather than all these people complaining about pushing through 10k hp in a burst meta. I'm not saying the 10k margin with no CC is without balance concerns either. However, the forums seem rather set on that this is to the advantage of tanky less mobile classes but the forums seem rather unaware of how good players are already adapting and utilizing typical roaming, superior-mobility classes together with their mounts to score ganks and better avoid counterplay. It isn't harder to catch "corpse-runners" going back to their tag, as seems to be the complaints or rejoice here.

@Obtena.7952 said:

That's the problem ... he's not adapting to the game. He's simply concluded mounts are bad and doesn't know a thing about how to interact with them in the game.

How does a warrior adapt to this change, or a sword weaver? Please elaborate your dismounting tactics here.

@Anput.4620 said:

How does a warrior adapt to this change, or a sword weaver? Please elaborate your dismounting tactics here.

Everyone's only supposed to play thief or soulbeast duh! or they're not adapting! /s

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

Everyone's only supposed to play thief or soulbeast duh! or they're not adapting! /s

But even those are less than half as sucessful as any roamer was before mounts regardless of profession.

@Justine.6351 said:

@Justine.6351 said:Stupid question but can you not backstab a mounted player riding away for a dismount?

How do i get to the mounted player as any melee class in melee range, is it possible to learn this power? My warrior has had no luck.

Stealth, Precast backstab into a steal.

But you don't understand. This no longer instadowns a player, now it ONLY dismounts them. The other player is actually given an opportunity to fight back! The horrid unfairness of it all! The inequity! The injustice ! ! !

@Gop.8713 said:

@Justine.6351 said:Stupid question but can you not backstab a mounted player riding away for a dismount?

How do i get to the mounted player as any melee class in melee range, is it possible to learn this power? My warrior has had no luck.

But you don't understand. This no longer instadowns a player, now it ONLY dismounts them. The other player is actually given an opportunity to fight back! The horrid unfairness of it all! The inequity! The injustice ! ! !

You do get that the backstab builds are Deadeyes which don't have steals? Also, how do you even reach the mount, please tell me, as any class, not just Thief, which can't even catch it either unless you are in own territory, play a DD with shortbow and shadowstep which means you can keep up for like 3 seconds but have no ini left to actually attack.

It is pure literal garbage right now, i did try to make a DD today and i couldn't keep up with people spamming spacebar, trying to drop choking gas to condi them and keep up with SB5, it didn't work, they easilly outran me, as the fastest build in the game. Any prof should be able to easilly catch and attack a mount or it is pure unbalance.

@Anput.4620 said:You can actually easily outrun someone by just using 1 dodge and waiting for it to recharge since the regen rate is fast. You don't even need to use the other 2 unless you are in real danger. You can let your hp drip lower and then just keep dodging every burst until ooc and regen hp and dodge again. I call this method mc-hammer-mount-cant-touch-this.

@Anput.4620 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

You do get that the backstab builds are Deadeyes which don't have steals? Also, how do you even reach the mount, please tell me, as any class, not just Thief, which can't even catch it either unless you are in own territory, play a DD with shortbow and shadowstep which means you can keep up for like 3 seconds but have no ini left to actually attack.

It is pure literal garbage right now, i did try to make a DD today and i couldn't keep up with people spamming spacebar, trying to drop choking gas to condi them and keep up with SB5, it didn't work, they easilly outran me, as
the fastest build in the game
. Any prof should be able to easilly catch and attack a mount or it is pure unbalance.Trying to condi them with static AoE skills, lol...

I run a scrapper with zero mobility skills (no rocket boots) and if I can get alongside an enemy and if they dont dodge my blowtorch, they will be dismounted. No ifs buts or maybes. Its 100% certain. I dont find it particularly hard to do either in friendly territory at least. Is it how I want it to be? No, I want a dismount skill for sure. But roaming work fine otherwise. If I fail it... I meet them in the next camp over. Or I bring a buddy.

@Anput.4620 said:

If you want to gank ppl or get them off mount to fight them, play a condi sword weaver.

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:

If you want to gank ppl or get them off mount to fight them, play a condi sword weaver.

I feel like if someone would rather run from me as a solo player in the open field they probably would not have been very interesting to fight anyway so no real loss . . .

@Gop.8713 said:

I feel like if someone would rather run from me as a solo player in the open field they probably would not have been very interesting to fight anyway so no real loss . . .

It is not about interesting it is about killing the enemy in an open world PvP match.

@Anput.4620 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

It is not about interesting it is about killing the enemy in an open world PvP match.

If competitive fights are not your goal there are plenty of npcs around . . .

@Anput.4620 said:

@Hesacon.8735 said:I find myself playing slow classes more. Before I would only roam on my daredevil. Now I can get anywhere with more or less the same speed. It lets me play classes to roam that I would not have before.

PvE or PvP roaming?

Both, I hope to find people at camps, so it's natural to go to then. If they're there, I fight them.

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

If competitive fights are not your goal there are plenty of npcs around . . .

Player versus player combat, do i need to grab a dictionary for you too?

@Anput.4620 said:

Maybe they can't or maybe they can ... I don't know. I don't care about dismounting players.

But if they can't, there isn't a problem with that. It's not a problem that every class doesn't have good access to every thing. That's why there are things called teams and people in them doing something called 'teamwork'. You should try it. It's amazing. It's how good players do things.

@Obtena.7952 said:

Maybe they can't ... and there isn't a problem with that. It's not a problem that every class doesn't have good access to every thing. That's why there are things called teams and people in them doing something called 'teamwork'. You should try it. It's amazing. It's how good players do things.

That is a problem because that means it is overpowered and unbalanced. Jeez, how hard is this to understand for you? Even a group of melee characters can't dismount someone. Heck, even ranged can't, only longbow rangers have a chance.

Soloplay should also stay viable, especially in Gw2 which is known for it, there is zero reason not to keep it viable. Do you get what overpowered or unbalanced means? Everyone should be able to knock anyone of the mount, otherwise it is simply overpowered.

The thing is purely overpowered if it provides 90% guaranteed safe passage, don't you get that? Because if you don't then i don't even know anymore, seeing as you are a PvE player from your recent posts you may not understand how balancing works. The ease of escaping far outweighs how hard it is to dismount someone for the average player.

Before mounts every class had a meta build broken in it's own situations, necros are literally the most broken class of PoF, they want their cake and have it too, they complain the most really.

@Anput.4620 said:

Maybe they can't ... and there isn't a problem with that. It's not a problem that every class doesn't have good access to every thing. That's why there are things called teams and people in them doing something called 'teamwork'. You should try it. It's amazing. It's how good players do things.

That is a problem because that means it is overpowered and unbalanced. Jeez, how hard is this to understand for you? Even a group of melee characters can't dismount someone.

Soloplay should also stay viable, especially in Gw2 which is known for it, there is zero reason not to keep it viable. Do you get what overpowered or unbalanced means? Everyone should be able to knock anyone of the mount, otherwise it is simply overpowered.

Bringing the same build to every situation and being effective no matter what has changed is also considered overpowered, you may need to adapt your build to suit the fact there's more people on mounts. All builds have weaknesses and things they're simply not going to be able to kill, I mean, I can't kill a ranger player that's built to cleanse everything with my condi build. That doesn't mean cleanse needs a nerf, it means my build may not be suited for that particular task and I need to try something else if all I'm running into are rangers.

Coming from a guild build that is designed for Zerg vs Zerg fights my build has no defense again a gank build. Mounts allow me to get back to my group to fight the bigger groups. I don't have time to deal with a lonely player.. maybe you can go battle the grub.

@Anput.4620 said:

That is a problem because that means it is overpowered and unbalanced.

No, that's never been the case. There are lots of classes that can't do many things ... that doesn't mean they are underpowered or under balanced at all. The kind of thinking you exhibit doesn't make sense because at the end of the day, you have to make choices for ONE BUILD, so even if a class is good at something, you might not choose to do that thing. In short, you couldn't be more wrong about the abilities classes should have and how that translates into game balance.

Even if Class X was good at dismounting ... that doesn't necessarily lead to the conclusion that the person playing it will make a dismounting build. That's precisely the reason why every class DOESN'T need to have a way to adapt to mounts. If you want to dismount players, make good choices to do so if that's indeed such a huge thing for how you play the game.

What I really think here is that you don't want to work for dismounting players, because you simply don't like mounts. You're one of these players that thinks if we have enough 1000 page threads about it, Anet will nerf them. At least it's entertaining ... my advice is that you better get over yourself here because mounts aren't going anywhere.

@Obtena.7952 said:

No, that's never been the case. There are lots of classes that can't do many things ... that doesn't mean they are underpowered or under balanced at all. The kind of thinking you exhibit doesn't make sense because at the end of the day, you have to make choices for ONE BUILD, so even if a class is good at something, you might not choose to do that thing. In short, you couldn't be more wrong about the abilities classes should have and how that translates into game balance.

Even if Class X was good at dismounting ... that doesn't necessarily lead to the conclusion that the person playing it will make a dismounting build. That's precisely the reason why every class DOESN'T need to have a way to adapt to mounts. If you want to dismount players, make good choices to do so if that's indeed such a huge thing for how you play the game.

What I really think here is that you don't want to work for dismounting players, because you simply don't like mounts. You're one of these players that thinks if we have enough 1000 page threads about it, Anet will nerf them. At least it's entertaining ... my advice is that you better get over yourself here because mounts aren't going anywhere.

There is literally no build capable of easilly dismounting people, longbow soulbeast is the only one that has a decent chance.

You shouldn't have to work to dismount someone, you should have to work to escape, why are you being so backwards? This promotes non-interaction. The mount has no risk and very much all the reward. I was dancing around a warrior trying to cap something for 4 minutes, that is just OP and free.

Just because something is in the game doesn't mean it isn't totally broken, for an open world PvP game the current way/difficulty of dismounting is way too hard, ask any PvP focused gamer in general and they would say this. Escaping should be the thing that takes effort, not engaging. The engager promoted interaction and proceeds with action, passiveness shouldn't be rewarded, in any game like this the attacker has the advantage while the defender has the disadvantage, because that is basic game design and balance, something which you seem to not have heard of.

There is no good open world PvP game where you just get to run around and do whatever you want without any risk at all. The mount in it's current form is a free out of jail ticket which means it is blatantly broken.

@Anput.4620 said:

There is literally no build capable of easilly dismounting people, longbow soulbeast is the only one that has a decent chance.

So what? I didn't say it would be easy. I didn't say it would be this single wonder build either. It seems to me that you underestimate how a single player should interact with a mounted one.

You shouldn't have to work to dismount someone, you should have to work to escape

That's a matter of opinion I guess. From where I sit, Anet thinks otherwise and that's what counts. Better start considering how mounts affect your play, whether you like them or not. The only thing I see in your posts is someone that believes they can impose their own ideas of how the game should work onto the game and if Anet doesn't accept that, apparently they are wrong. You should ask the vast number of other players that try that tactic ... how does it work for them?

Archived