Window into Stubbornness

Cirin.7845

@Cirin.7845 said:As I see it now, all the mount did was limit the build and ways to play WvW ever more then it already is.Did it?

All I see is the exact same players on the exact same builds doing the exact same things as before. There is literally no difference in what one meet when roaming. They're just doing it faster because they're riding into battle.

@joneirikb.7506 said:This is why I was surprised that they set the mount speed as high as they did. I had expected it to more similar to a character with Swiftness. That way it would have served as a permanent swiftness, which is already possible in the game. Without messing up the diffferent mobility aspects of the game.

On the other hand, I can't say I'm too sad about being able to catch up to thieves for once.

They already messed up the mobility in this game with the power creep over the life of this game, just go compare how mediocre something like engy having perma-swiftness is now compared to the start of the game, when movement traits were 10%, there was minimal boon duration, movement traits / swiftness were not thrown around like confetti, classes were not given endless leaps, blinks, etc.

@Cirin.7845 said:I just don't wanna see the already reduced amount of play styles and specializations be reduced even more, because of a mount.The mount increased the amount of playstyles. The only thing which is missing but already announced is the "dismount other players" skill to force a fight. There is still some room for them to mess that up, since if the skill allows easy ganking then everything will be even worse than before the mount introduction.

@Cirin.7845 said:That not really the point, since we always had and will have that. It's about roaming and moving around the map. Which is something the mount provides to everyone at equal level.Which is good!

Where before I could chose to gain more mobility, so I could get places faster then other builds/classes and out rotate them.What? No one can mount infight so your argument is pointless. You are trying to justify the cheese your class got by the developers and which is unbalanced in the WvW environment.

@zinkz.7045 said:

@"joneirikb.7506" said:This is why I was surprised that they set the mount speed as high as they did. I had expected it to more similar to a character with Swiftness. That way it would have served as a permanent swiftness, which is already possible in the game. Without messing up the diffferent mobility aspects of the game.

On the other hand, I can't say I'm too sad about being able to catch up to thieves for once.

They already messed up the mobility in this game with the power creep over the life of this game, just go compare how mediocre something like engy having perma-swiftness is now compared to the start of the game, when movement traits were 10%, there was minimal boon duration, movement traits / swiftness were not thrown around like confetti, classes were not given endless leaps, blinks, etc.

I agree, guess my wording should have been "not mess it up further."

I still remember when we had to have multiple people to reach perma swift, and honestly it was one of the best ways to encourage team-work, because everyone, including most random pugs, wanted perma swiftness! (them bags must come faster!), so they at least tried.

@XenesisII.1540 said:

@displayname.8315 said:Oh a mount thread
sigh
was looking for something entertaining..

If you don't want to invest in your favorite MMO that's a shame. Game sales are soo common nowadays.

Used to pay $15/month just to log in to our online games.. Kids these days ?‍
♂️

People probably would invest more in this game if the developers showed they were seriously willing to invest in wvw as much as the players do all these years now.But they don't, we all know how understaffed the wvw section is.What have players gotten?Core wvw guild bonuses dumped back into a HoT guildhall that needs a pve material grind to regain.Multiple maps that don't suite a lot of main wvw players, with their suggestions and opinions ignored for a good amount.Quality of life features like automatic aoe looting tucked behind HoT mastery line which the wvw players had to BEG to even get after pve were given it first.Glider features which made movement more convenient but also forced to change some things like ogrewatch tower and not for the better.Elite specs that have proven to be better than previous specs, worsened balance, and forced metas.Broken stuff ignored for months like ghost thieves that were broken for like 6 months, but hey take one shot at a raid boss and it finally gets the nerf bat.Relinks that have fixed some issues but also didn't, it broke communities, and players continue to break the balance with bandwagons with alliances in advance of the actual system coming in the 23rd century.New mount that does more for anet than wvw, it has it's share of good and bad things that it brings to wvw.There have been some good things like rewards finally offered at a decent rate, albeit still far behind on time to acquire than pve.

Bottom line is, don't expect someone to invest in gw2 if they mainly play wvw and see no love on a regular basis for it.

Well I've definitely got my monies worth paying for 2 xpacs on sale probably $30 total.. a bargain if you ask me. Much better than something like EQ or WoW.

I'd probably still play more often but that has more to do with the players and not the game at all. Even still play on a free account sometimes with a Nike warrior and a theif for the 2 char slots.. both fast enough to stay within a few seconds of the group.

@Cirin.7845 said:I wouldn't mind buying PoF to get access to the Warclaw, or what ever the WvW mount is called, it just seems sad from every perspective, that the only reason I'd do so, > is because I've been forced into it, not because I want some of the other amazing content the expansion surely has to offer.

You mean, like the reason why you bought HoT? Quoting you:

@Cirin.7845 said:The reason I bought HoT was to get access to the daredevil specialization and gliding, because it became a WvW feature, I never did anything with the content after > getting gliding.

So you bought HoT for gliding and Daredevil and ignored the rest of the content, but now you don't feel it's right you should have to buy PoF for any other reason than the content?

Mmmk.

@Cirin.7845 said:To start of with the small things, I'm marked with No Mount Use, which is fine expect not only can I see it, but so can the enemies.

That should be fixed, as I don't see its necessary that other players can see that type of UI marker on an enemy opponent. 'Course you could just buy PoF, but I get it, you won't because reasons.

@Cirin.7845 said:This bring me to the larger things, the way classes differentiate themselves in combat, through player choice. I sacrificed a lot of things in regards to class and build formobility. It's a thing I value highly in my gameplay, and I'm willing to go far to get it. That's my choice and I have to live with the consequences the game see fit. Thischoice allows for me to benefit from that in the environment I am in, but when everyone gets a tool that has so much build in mobility that I can't even keep up with it, > with no downside, it's like spitting in my face.

And mobility still offers advantages, even with the warclaw. The ability to disengage from a fight that's going poorly is something only a few builds have access to. But never mind all that, I'm again going to quote you:

@Cirin.7845 said:I sacrificed a lot of things in regards to class and build for mobility.

So according to you, because of the Warclaw, you would no longer need to sacrifice anything for mobility - you now have the option to add more to your offensive or defensive tool kit. Or in other words, with the Warclaw you now have MORE build options, not LESS.

@Cirin.7845 said:As I see it now, all the mount did was limit the build and ways to play WvW ever more then it already is.

In your opinion, and I disagree with that opinion with my points above.

@Cirin.7845 said:I don't enjoy being forced into a specialization or group scenario because all that's left to do in WvW is running around 50 people following a guy with a marker on hishead.

No one has forced you to do anything. You are not a victim. That doesn't mean you can't dislike the changes, but you are 100% in control of your own choices.

You can choose to not buy PoF and not have the WarclawYou can choose to runt he exact same build as you did before the WarclawYou can choose to play the game the exact same way as you did before the Warclaw

And you can choose to blame all your current dissatisfaction on the introduction of the Warclaw, rather that acknowledging that you are where you are right now because of choices you made.

MMOs change. That is their very nature. If you no longer find WvW enjoyable, then by all means, discontinue playing it. You wouldn't be the first person to leave an MMO because of major changes they disliked, and you well sure won't be the last.

@Cirin.7845 said:

@"ReaverKane.7598" said:IMO, the best solution would be to sell the Warclaw and Gliders in the gemstore...Hear me out, it wouldn't be, tadaa you have the thing that other people have to do this work for. (well not gliders)I'd market it as a 2500 gems item that includes a "non-deluxe" skin for the mount, or for gliders a 1200 gem item with a meh glider skin.Buying it would only unlock that item as if you owned the expansion, every other aspect of the acquisition for the item would be the same. Also, you'd be restricted to using it in WvW only.Otherwise, SUPPORT THE kitten GAME AND BUY THE EXPANSIONS?!!

Not sure how we gat onto the hole thing about acquiring the mount, don't really care how it's done. Supporting the game however, is a personal decision,it's not something I wanna do just because someone tells me I should.

I disagree, i'm sorry... But if you're enjoying the game for going into 7 years, you pretty much "OWE" them some support. It's like street artists, if they make you stop, you owe them a tip.You have been enjoying the fruits of their work so far, and you can't find a reason to pay them for it... There's a word for that.

Arenanet choose this business model, if they wanted me to pay to gain access to the game,

Also, they did want you to pay to access the game, and if you've been playing from the start, you did. But they also want you to pay to keep up to date and in the "cutting edge". The game is buy to play (well except core now).

they could have just done a monthly subscription,There's more options to wanting you to pay besides subscriptions. In fact subscriptions is more "i want all the money" and less "i want you to pay me for my work".when you make choices, you have to live with them.Isn't that funny now? You also made several choices, and now are complaining about it! You chose to only play WvW. You chose to not buy the expansions.Now, live with them, or move on, don't come crying on the forums about YOUR CHOICES!

@Shining One.1635 said:

@"Cirin.7845" said:I just don't wanna see the already reduced amount of play styles and specializations be reduced even more, because of a mount.Why would mounts decrease the amount of play styles? Previously, the majority of roamers only played builds with a lot of mobility. Now, roamers can roam on almost any class. I've seen a lot more roamers on the "slow" classes since the release of mounts.

Indeed, I don't have to waste a skill slot or equipment upgrade for swiftness anymore.

And since I didn't play WVW before last year, I have to ask- were there this many "gliding should be free for everybody" threads when it was added to WVW?

I'm sorry that you guys feel like I'm complaining about the game. You make solid facts, especially about the things I wrote, but I've never said I was leaving Gw2 or WvW. All I did was try and give you a view into how I feel about the introduction of the mount into the only aspect of the game I play.

@Etterwyn.5263 said:

@"Cirin.7845" said:I just don't wanna see the already reduced amount of play styles and specializations be reduced even more, because of a mount.Why would mounts decrease the amount of play styles? Previously, the majority of roamers only played builds with a lot of mobility. Now, roamers can roam on almost any class. I've seen a lot more roamers on the "slow" classes since the release of mounts.

Indeed, I don't have to waste a skill slot or equipment upgrade for swiftness anymore.

And since I didn't play WVW before last year, I have to ask- were there this many "gliding should be free for everybody" threads when it was added to WVW?

Yes. Both here and reddit.

Because apparently ANet should running WvW as a charity instead of selling Xpacs.

@displayname.8315 said:Well I've definitely got my monies worth paying for 2 xpacs on sale probably $30 total.. a bargain if you ask me. Much better than something like EQ or WoW.

I'd probably still play more often but that has more to do with the players and not the game at all. Even still play on a free account sometimes with a Nike warrior and a theif for the 2 char slots.. both fast enough to stay within a few seconds of the group.

Meh some of us didn't wait 2-3 years until it went on sale for $30 total on both, some of us paid $50 for hot and $30 for pof to keep up with the elite spec meta. Most of the value of expansions come from pve. EQ or WoW expansions were usually worth their money, they usually brought a lot of new things to the game, although they didn't need to deal with wvw, wow basically had pve and spvp sections with arena and battlegrounds, the thing you had to ask about those games was whether or not the $9.89-15 a month was worth it.

I use to play every single day for long periods of time before HoT with a couple breaks in between to play other mmos. HoT I played less and usually only if my guild was on to play. PoF I've played in spurts of a couple weeks then taking month(s) long break because of the annoyances of the game creeping back in, I'm down to just playing reset which amounts to 1-2 hrs now to get any enjoyable out of the game and only because I have like 1 friend left on my server still playing wvw now, most of that is spent sitting on the mount waiting for a fight which some of that has been diminished because of the mount.

The many problems of the game and server community issues are preventing me from enjoying the game mode as much as I did the first 3 years. Wvw is my absolute favorite game mode in all of mmos, it's the one and only reason I bought gw2, I highly regret quitting daoc back in the day before even experiencing rvr there but I was still very attached to eq at that time, I most likely won't be playing camelot unchained as I don't think any game is worth a month sub these days. I wish wvw was given more resources over the years, given more respect for it's uniqueness, more development and actively balanced to make the game mode better overall.

If you're still getting your money's worth and still enjoying wvw today, hey more power to you, just some of us think wvw should have been more than the crumbling state it is today.

@Cirin.7845 said:I'm sorry that you guys feel like I'm complaining about the game. You make solid facts, especially about the things I wrote, but I've never said I was leaving Gw2 or WvW. All I did was try and give you a view into how I feel about the introduction of the mount into the only aspect of the game I play.

And honestly, it was one of the first threads to vocalize some positions about the difficulties of implementing the mount without going on a rant.

I actually like the way you presented your concerns.

Some of the tired responses who made assumptions only prove the old addage of was happens when you ‘assume’.

On topic, I am not certain that they would ever consider going back from the mount. There are examples of removing content, but it is few and far between.

I dislike the mount and how it’s changed the overall gameplay.

I like how those that are involved in large scale fights find it has (somewhat) improved their frequency and intensity of fights.

I believe that Because of the increase in Health pool, and swiftness, that we are going to see an increase in builds some would consider toxic.

Hope we continue to see you out there @Cirin.7845

@XenesisII.1540 said:

@displayname.8315 said:Well I've definitely got my monies worth paying for 2 xpacs on sale probably $30 total.. a bargain if you ask me. Much better than something like EQ or WoW.

Meh some of us didn't wait 2-3 years until it went on sale for $30 total on both, some of us paid $50 for hot and $30 for pof to keep up with the elite spec meta. Most of the value of expansions come from pve. EQ or WoW expansions were usually worth their money, they usually brought a lot of new things to the game, although they didn't need to deal with wvw, wow basically had pve and spvp sections with arena and battlegrounds, the thing you had to ask about those games was whether or not the $9.89-15 a month was worth it.

I use to play every single day for long periods of time before HoT with a couple breaks in between to play other mmos. HoT I played less and usually only if my guild was on to play. PoF I've played in spurts of a couple weeks then taking month(s) long break because of the annoyances of the game creeping back in, I'm down to just playing reset which amounts to 1-2 hrs now to get any enjoyable out of the game and only because I have like 1 friend left on my server still playing wvw now, most of that is spent sitting on the mount waiting for a fight which some of that has been diminished because of the mount.

The many problems of the game and server community issues are preventing me from enjoying the game mode as much as I did the first 3 years. Wvw is my absolute favorite game mode in all of mmos, it's the one and only reason I bought gw2, I highly regret quitting daoc back in the day before even experiencing rvr there but I was still very attached to eq at that time, I most likely won't be playing camelot unchained as I don't think any game is worth a month sub these days. I wish wvw was given more resources over the years, given more respect for it's uniqueness, more development and actively balanced to make the game mode better overall.

If you're still getting your money's worth and still enjoying wvw today, hey more power to you, just some of us think wvw should have been more than the crumbling state it is today.

Yeah I didn't need the bonus features at release did just fine without them. Still play core class builds and free accounts just for fun. With no subscription fees it's alvailable whenever I want.

And yeah like I said the poor gameplay of your teammates is what kills it for me. Game is just fine. Not so much crumbling it's about the same. Kinda like a counterstrike game but better cuz it's a MMO.

Archived