[merged] About the Skyscale Timegate...

@Ototo.3214 said:

@"DigiQWill.6378" said:My own two cents on the whole "We have a full-time job and can't play much" argument...

If you
are
working full-time and can only play 1 hour, up to 2 hours, the time-gate should be way, way less punishing. (Jee my fingers are freezing, typing's hard)In fact, if, like were given examples higher up, it takes you 6 hours to do the first collection (which it took me, yes, 6 hours to do), that means that you can do the first collection in a minimum, already of 3 to 6 days. Thus, making the whole point of "Argh the daily reset freaks me over because I can't play enough to finish the collection before the first day's reset!" (which I didn't achieve, either) invalid because you wouldn't be able to without the time gate anyways
because you work

For the bingers like me, the time gate actually is a good thing. It forces you to take a break and do some other stuff. It's annoying yes. Should it be reworked? No. It adds gradual value to something that is "end game" in most cases, especially if you already did do a legendary. They take way more time than a week to complete and you know it.

Tldr: if your argument is to whine about the fact your work schedules make it impossible for you to complete the collection in the set daily reset frame, it is invalid. Simply put, you wouldn't have time to do it otherwise anyway. I quote someone from above:> @CJtheBigBear.9610 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:You're grossly exaggerating how long it takes to do the collections.

For one, it took me six hours to do the entire first day collection without a guide so you can easily do it in a fraction of the time. It really shouldn't take someone more than three hours to do this with a guide.

It took me two hours to do the second day's collection. No guide needed as the hints were very straightforward compared to the previous day's collections.

It took a total of an hour to do the third day's collection and that's counting the next two days of feeding the mount.

It took me 6 to do the first day's with a guide.It took me 5 to do the second's.It took me 2 to do the third's before the time-gated feeding.

Everyone does things at a different pace. Some people did it quick enough to already been on Day 2 of the feeding already. We already knew this.

Again, just because you could do it in a certain time even with the restrictions, it doesn't mean everyone does/can.

If you have only one to two hours to spend on the game, in the end, you still won't be able to do it in the time you have specified, thus making the time-gated achievements actually be more rewarding for you because you won't be forced to wait out a whole day to unlock the new achievement collection since you'll be working. Cutting out on your gaming time, if it happens that you complete the collection right after reset, is also beneficial for you overall for obvious reasons that I won't state because they don't need to be said. (To the one I quoted: I don't mean you work (I have no idea if you work or not, I simply used your numbers to demonstrate my point because I saw similar ones higher up, I didn't read the 17 pages of thread, sorry!)

Tldrr (I don't know how to resume briefly lol) Time gating only punishes bingers. Those who say that because they work they can't complete stuff before the reset occurs, you wouldn't be able to take much advantage out of the collections not being time-gated anyways because you don't have much time to play :frown:

Except imagine spending all those days completing it only to be locked out another 24 hours because you missed the reset right before you finished in the 4th day or whatever. It's honestly pointless. The charged quartz at least doesn't eat all your play time but still makes it take a while to earn.

In which case you can play other game modes to earn some gold before the next day. It's a strategic move from ANet too. And it's only a day, it's frustrating yes, but (without being impolite) it's on [hypothetical] you for not completing it in time in the first place - be it because you were working or something else. Also - try bying the food off the TP as well as the grow lamp ^^ You can easily make that amount of gold if you do some minor Pvp (dying on the last first round in PvP tournament earns you 5 gold - a Skyscale food!).

@DreamySkullz.8203 said:It's not that I don't appreciate going through harder loops to get an item that's worth it; the collection itself is fine. I don't even mind the time gates for like an hour or so. Something to make people slow down. But a whole day feels like over kill. Especially for those of us who have full time jobs and irl commitments. There's nothing wrong with appealing to a casual crowd, which is why so many people love GW2.

No one is saying they don't want to work for their items. It DOES feel like an accomplishment when you work hard for something and get it. The only thing I feel needs to be nerfed is the time gating, to perhaps a few hours at most if it's a mechanic that must stay.

I'm just hoping when it's over we'll get something worth while.

This. 100% Agree with this. I don't want them to get rid of the fun aspect of this, I am genuinely enjoying the time I get to spend with my skyscale. Don't get rid of the timegate completely, but keep it within the game's own day/night cycle, to keep the immersion.

One thing we can all agree on is the penalty of finishing the collection 5 minutes late and having to wait another 24 hours. That is inexcusable.

@DigiQWill.6378 said:

@DigiQWill.6378 said:My own two cents on the whole "We have a full-time job and can't play much" argument...

If you
are
working full-time and can only play 1 hour, up to 2 hours, the time-gate should be way, way less punishing. (Jee my fingers are freezing, typing's hard)In fact, if, like were given examples higher up, it takes you 6 hours to do the first collection (which it took me, yes, 6 hours to do), that means that you can do the first collection in a minimum, already of 3 to 6 days. Thus, making the whole point of "Argh the daily reset freaks me over because I can't play enough to finish the collection before the first day's reset!" (which I didn't achieve, either) invalid because you wouldn't be able to without the time gate anyways
because you work

For the bingers like me, the time gate actually is a good thing. It forces you to take a break and do some other stuff. It's annoying yes. Should it be reworked? No. It adds gradual value to something that is "end game" in most cases, especially if you already did do a legendary. They take way more time than a week to complete and you know it.

Tldr: if your argument is to whine about the fact your work schedules make it impossible for you to complete the collection in the set daily reset frame, it is invalid. Simply put, you wouldn't have time to do it otherwise anyway. I quote someone from above:> @CJtheBigBear.9610 said:

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:You're grossly exaggerating how long it takes to do the collections.

For one, it took me six hours to do the entire first day collection without a guide so you can easily do it in a fraction of the time. It really shouldn't take someone more than three hours to do this with a guide.

It took me two hours to do the second day's collection. No guide needed as the hints were very straightforward compared to the previous day's collections.

It took a total of an hour to do the third day's collection and that's counting the next two days of feeding the mount.

It took me 6 to do the first day's with a guide.It took me 5 to do the second's.It took me 2 to do the third's before the time-gated feeding.

Everyone does things at a different pace. Some people did it quick enough to already been on Day 2 of the feeding already. We already knew this.

Again, just because you could do it in a certain time even with the restrictions, it doesn't mean everyone does/can.

If you have only one to two hours to spend on the game, in the end, you still won't be able to do it in the time you have specified, thus making the time-gated achievements actually be more rewarding for you because you won't be forced to wait out a whole day to unlock the new achievement collection since you'll be working. Cutting out on your gaming time, if it happens that you complete the collection right after reset, is also beneficial for you overall for obvious reasons that I won't state because they don't need to be said. (To the one I quoted: I don't mean you work (I have no idea if you work or not, I simply used your numbers to demonstrate my point because I saw similar ones higher up, I didn't read the 17 pages of thread, sorry!)

Tldrr (I don't know how to resume briefly lol) Time gating only punishes bingers. Those who say that because they work they can't complete stuff before the reset occurs, you wouldn't be able to take much advantage out of the collections not being time-gated anyways because you don't have much time to play :frown:

Except imagine spending all those days completing it only to be locked out another 24 hours because you missed the reset right before you finished in the 4th day or whatever. It's honestly pointless. The charged quartz at least doesn't eat all your play time but still makes it take a while to earn.

In which case you can play other game modes to earn some gold before the next day. It's a strategic move from ANet too. And it's only a day, it's frustrating yes, but (without being impolite) it's on [hypothetical] you for not completing it in time in the first place - be it because you were working or something else. Also - try bying the food off the TP as well as the grow lamp ^^ You can easily make that amount of gold if you do some minor Pvp (dying on the last first round in PvP tournament earns you 5 gold - a Skyscale food!).

I was slow to edit my last post so please refer to that.Also, I already have gold and already have charged quartz cause I saved it from wintersday. I am not complaining about the food time gate

And to blatantly say "it's on you" for not completing the bloated 6 to 8 hour collection in the 2 hours you have before reset when you get home is quite rude. The only reset I missed was the first one, because I was unaware I should be speeding through the story and I intentionally turned off all chats to avoid spoilers. But I certainly had to spend way too many hours after reset working on just that collection before going to sleep late, just so I wouldn't be locked out the next day when I got home.

@CJtheBigBear.9610 said:

Sorry to cut your thread, woulda been a bit bulky to quote it all here lol. No worries though, I understand that 21 pages can be a lot to take in ^^

The main problem though, is that this isn't just about the 4 daily resets anymore. When info about Collection 3 dropped, it became a whole new beast. Not sure if you've heard about it or not, so here's a summary; the time-gating in Collection 3 on its own will take you a minimum of 4 days if you have the materials on hand or the gold to drop on them, but a maximum of about 22 if you make a Charged Quartz Crystal every day for those 22 days.

That on it's own is a biiiiit steep in some people's opinion already, but then you add the issue of work and timing, and it can extend that even longer. Now, granted, once you complete the rest of the Collections, all that's really left to do is craft the daily CQC, and/or feed 3 of the 12 required food to the Skyscale, and that doesn't take much time. But when you account for people who can't afford to log on every-day, and people who's schedules are
very
badly timed with the daily reset, those 22 could easily become multiple months.

And again, we still don't know what any of Collections 4 and 5 entail, so for all we know, there could be even more nested time-gates, which would jack that number up even higher.

All's good on the cutting my post XD I do understand your point, I truly do. It also annoys me to have to wait when I could already be flying all over the maps (I did know for the food and all, was prepared before reset to do it because I had tons of gold in spare). I also agree that the time gate in the food factor, while we can just make our Skyscale hatchling get fat with treats, is kind of weird. What I don't agree with is those who are asking for change on obviously thought on reasons (encouraging different game modes to be played to earn the gold [i did find it surprising they said we could buy the food off the TP actually] and taking breaks are a few of them). It is annoying, yes. It isn't game-breaking in any ways too, Imo. I took the example of legendary crafting above: if you miss one reset, then you get delayed a whole lot for most of your materials. Yet no one ever cried about that, at least not recently. I don't see nuch of the difference is all ><

@Ototo.3214 said:

@DigiQWill.6378 said:My own two cents on the whole "We have a full-time job and can't play much" argument...

If you
are
because you work

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:You're grossly exaggerating how long it takes to do the collections.

I was slow to edit my last post so please refer to that.Also, I already have gold and already have charged quartz cause I saved it from wintersday. I am not complaining about the food time gate

And to blatantly say "it's on you" for not completing the bloated 6 to 8 hour collection in the 2 hours you have before reset when you get home is quite rude. The only reset I missed was the first one, because I was unaware I should be speeding through the story and I intentionally turned off all chats to avoid spoilers. But I certainly had to spend way too many hours after reset working on just that collection before going to sleep late, just so I wouldn't be locked out the next day when I got home.

I'm sorry for being rude. I don't know how to exactly word my thoughts to remain polite since English isn't my first laguage.It is annoying yes, but refer to my just sent response to CJ. It may be annoying, frustrating, but the reward at the end is a rather good mount, one that even the griffon or gliding can really be compared to. That's at least my opinion, you may have a different one ^^

@Kaliwenda.3428 said:Quick question on the collection and the daily reset: If I don't get a specific collection done before reset, do I keep the progress I've already made? I don't have to re-do the whole thing over again the next day, do I?

No, you keep your progress. The only thing the reset does is check to make sure you have the previous collection 100% done. If you do, it unlocks the next step. If you don't, you wait until the next daily reset [implying you finished sometime after the reset.]

you do not see the difference between legendary weapons that are meant to be totally optional and a bog standard mount that they will be selling skins for very soon.this mount wont have any extra dye,slots.just one,like all the other mounts

@CJtheBigBear.9610 said:

@Kaliwenda.3428 said:Quick question on the collection and the daily reset: If I don't get a specific collection done before reset, do I keep the progress I've already made? I don't have to re-do the whole thing over again the next day, do I?

No, you keep your progress. The only thing the reset does is check to make sure you have the previous collection 100% done. If you do, it unlocks the next step. If you don't, you wait until the next daily reset [implying you finished sometime after the reset.]

Thanks, I feel better about starting it then.

@eldrin.6471 said:you do not see the difference between legendary weapons that are meant to be totally optional and a bog standard mount that they will be selling skins for very soon.

it does everything that every other mount does AND MORE. it doesnt do it quite as well as each other one, but it does them all without switching which means even if you get attacked by random mobs and have to switch, YOU DONT NEED TO, and can continue on. also it's just fancier and this is fashion wars 2. this is like Aurenes Legacy to us. save this race and itll save us

@Aetheldrake.6395 said:

@eldrin.6471 said:you do not see the difference between legendary weapons that are meant to be totally optional and a bog standard mount that they will be selling skins for very soon.

it does everything that every other mount does AND MORE. it doesnt do it quite as well as each other one, but it does them all without switching which means even if you get attacked by random mobs and have to switch, YOU DONT NEED TO, and can continue on. also it's just fancier and this is fashion wars 2. this is like Aurenes Legacy to us. save this race and itll save us

so will this gift from Aurene have more than one dye slot or just the one like any other bog standard mount we need buy skins for

@eldrin.6471 said:

so will this gift from Aurene have more than one dye slot or just the one like any other bog standard mount we need buy skins for

Such pessimism, my dude... But really, the mount is meant to completely remove the need for Gliding to the non-HoT-only-PoF players. Its niche is very much so a way, way, way better gliding method, as well as small-scale precision jumps that require you to turn mid air or very high ascensions of walls.

HOLY I JUST GOT THE SECOND COLLECTION'S WHOLE PURPOSE aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Ok, that aside, the mount is rather good because it's like... all the mounts and gliding in one mount. It's a-wow-sing!

@LucianDK.8615 said:The grow lamp have steadilly been rising in price all day, definitely not exploding. You had plenty of time from this morning.

Did you check gw2tp? prices jumped from 9g to 75g in like 1,5 hour. Supply dropped from 360 to 50. It's not that people bought fast that it ran out, no. Somebody monopolized it. This is what happens if you introduce designs like this. And I believe it won't go down for the next 20 days or so, because as of now the supply is 178 and that is not going to accommodate the demand.

@DigiQWill.6378 said:It is annoying, yes. It isn't game-breaking in any ways too, Imo. I took the example of legendary crafting above: if you miss one reset, then you get delayed a whole lot for most of your materials. Yet no one ever cried about that, at least not recently. I don't see nuch of the difference is all ><

I personally don't mind time-gating as a function myself. I've done ascended crafting, back-piece farming, and did a bunch of time-gated stuff solo for my guild's guild hall. Time-gating existing isn't the issue people are taking though. It mainly boils down to two things.

1.) The Skyscale, while still really cool, isn't really that comparable to legendary gear. Legendary gear is the be-all-end-all of gear in GW2. It's got the highest stats, while also giving you special effects for unsheathing, wielding, and using the weapon, as well as footfalls. It's a prestige item that only people who have the time and mettle do, and it's been that way since their introduction in the base game.

The Skyscale on the other hand, while again, is very cool, is simply an odd hybrid of the Griffon's flight ability, and the Springer's height gaining ability. While it can do both of those things at the same time, in terms of its separate abilities, it can be outclassed easily by the Griffon and Springer, as long as you have a spot to switch between them, which is hardly ever that difficult. While it does serve a purpose, it's not exactly an upgrade, it's a side-grade, meaning that its downsides make it useful only some of the time.

While not bad, it's definitely not better, so people don't understand why a side-grade and the best possible thing you can get are stuck behind similar methods of gating.

and 2.) This was completely out of left field. The last time they released a mount alongside a Living World episode, it was the Roller Beetle, and that simply required you do just a few collections and you could have it in whatever time you had/wanted it to, whether that was 1 day, or 1 month. People had the option to do either.

Before the launch day of S4E6, we were given zero information about how we were supposed to unlock the Skyscale, but also not given any information that would make us expect that it would be any different from the Beetle's release. Cue people getting a bit upset that they didn't have the ability to manage their time better [some people took a couple days off work so they could do the Skyscale like the Beetle and have time to play with it before going back in].

And then pile on the fact that nobody could have even known about Collection 3's 4 to 22+ day nested time-gate until they'd already sunk in multiple hours doing Collections 1 and 2, and the fact that no one knows if Collections 4 and 5 will do the same, and I hope you can see why some people might be a bit bothered by the lack of transparency there.

Side-note: I do want to thank you for being calm and kind, and willing to try and understand where people's criticisms are coming from, even if English isn't your first language.

It's a great change of pace from being called lazy or impatient and then being ignored.

@"DigiQWill.6378" said:My own two cents on the whole "We have a full-time job and can't play much" argument...

If you are working full-time and can only play 1 hour, up to 2 hours, the time-gate should be way, way less punishing. (Jee my fingers are freezing, typing's hard)In fact, if, like were given examples higher up, it takes you 6 hours to do the first collection (which it took me, yes, 6 hours to do), that means that you can do the first collection in a minimum, already of 3 to 6 days. Thus, making the whole point of "Argh the daily reset freaks me over because I can't play enough to finish the collection before the first day's reset!" (which I didn't achieve, either) invalid because you wouldn't be able to without the time gate anyways because you work.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:You're grossly exaggerating how long it takes to do the collections.

The people that I know, who can play only in small time increments during the work week, can potentially set aside a much larger chunk of time for the game on the weekend. Being unable to make up for not making progress during the week can be a significant hit to a player in this sort of situation.

• ArenaNet Staff

Hi everyone,

The message below is addressed at current and future participants to this discussion.

The discussion remained mostly civil so far and I want to thank all of you who contributed respectfully. All of you are passionate about the game and we're reading your posts. There are however tensions in this thread and I want to remind everyone here, whether you agree with a point being raised or not, that we ask all forum contributors to be respectful and constructive. No ad-hominem arguments will be accepted and, if you see a post like this, simply report it, the moderation team will action them (in passing, this is a friendly reminder about the rules that your can find here). You can talk about various aspects of the game, how you feel about them, and generally share your feedback but the discussion here has to remain courteous.

Thanks a lot for your understanding!

@LucianDK.8615 said:I dont see the same level of complaints for the griffon, even if 250g and joining events appearently is out of reach for many casuals.I think the first major stumbling block for many is the 4 djiins fight in Vabbi.

Spending / making 250g is not as boring as having to sit and wait to be able to feed the dragon pet again.Not to mention you spend around 150g anyways for this collection (or you craft items that you could have sold for about 100-150g).

With skyscale you still have to spend almost as much gold as the griffon (or a comparable amount), but you are also doing a huge time-gated collection.

@Aetheldrake.6395 said:

Eh... gonna have to disagree with that statement. The Skyscale doesn't have the evasion or speed of the Raptor or Jackal, the Skimmer is still the only option for getting across large water bodies, and the Beetle is outclassed by none in it's sheer speed on the ground.

The only two mounts that are comparable are the Springer and Griffon, since it's essentially a hybrid of the two. And while it does have its specific uses, I'd personally say that those uses aren't that drastic enough to explain why it requires so much time to get, since it's outclassed in its two own core abilities by it's comparable brothers.

@CJtheBigBear.9610 said:

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:Maybe your dragon doesn't want to/can't physically eat 12 meals in one day? Maybe you need to earn its trust over time? Forcing it to eat 12 times when it clearly doesn't want to just seems cruel

That doesn't really make sense when you can feed it all 14 harvested treats without a gate. :confused:

Well, treats aren't meals. But yeah, I agree that it is a bit of a stretch. They could have alternatively made it so that you have to re-enter the instance for every meal delivered, as a simulation of time passed, instead of making it time-gated.

@ZDragon.3046 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:The fact is that most of the complaints don't make sense, so you can repeat them 2 or 3 or even 4 hundred times ... that doesn't make them more sensible.

having to rush content is definitely one of those nonsensical complaints.

What if your ideals dont make sense and you are the one who is wrong here? Can we consider this a possibility?

This isn't about me being wrong or right ... or you or other players. It's about understanding why Anet uses time gating. No one here complaining has ONCE attempted to think of why it's being used. It's just assumed that it 'does nothing'. Go back to the drawing board. Clearly, it's doing something, otherwise people wouldn't be here.

Ok now we are getting some where Ding Ding!

THATS THE ISSUE!

WE CANT TELL YOU WHY ITS BEING USED BECAUSE IT SHOULDNT HAVE BEEN. THERE WAS NO GOOD REASON THAT WE CAN SEE FOR IT.

That doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Players not being able to understand Anet's motives is NOT a compelling reason for Anet to repeal time gated content.

Just some more thoughts ...

See here is the problem ... WHATEVER the reason is (we don't need to know it), you have to believe there is one, because it's more work for Anet to use time gating. If they didn't have a reason, why would time gate something if it's more work for them? I don't think they would, and it's pretty clear they use that approach sparingly. Therefore, ANY discussion you want to have about time gating that is based on the premise there is NO reason to use it is faulty, right out of the gate. It's not even worth engaging anyone in a discussion that believes there is NO reason to use time gating.

For fun ... HOW any anti-time gate posters do you think are using this platform to make their case? It's LOTS ... and they are all wrong.

ok cool you actually made a realistic rebuttal this time.I agree that the use of daily time gates is rare among anet , usually its locked to progress for specific things like legendary weapons, some ascended gear or currency used to buy or make such things.

In this case its a mount, even if there is a reason (of which we cannot understand) for it it does not mean that players are not allowed to be upset about it when its not the standard for unlocking mounts based on every other mount in the past even the hidden one (griffon). From our stand point a mount marketed as the one of the 3 or 4 main features of a new update or living world patch is generally obtainable fairly quickly. This has been the standard for pretty much every mount they have released for PoF and after PoF up till now. ITS WHAT PLAYERS ARE USE TO!

What ever the reason is, players do have a right to feel they have been wronged here because the mount was not marketed as a ascended or legendary item to obtain, it was marketed and teased in our faces with the idea of "Get yours today."

You certainly cannot tell people that they are wrong for feeling bamboozled when pretty much thats what anet did here even if that was not their true intention. IF they repeal the time gate is not up to us but we certainly should give feed back so that anet knows "dont do this without warning" and "dont do this when its not been the standard" because it generated nothing but mostly negative feedback on multiple platforms. Even if you dont agree with the majority for good reason you are sadly part of the minority here don't expect people to instantly agree with you even more so if you are just going "You are wrong, you should wait, it does not bother me so it should not bother you."

As i said before also I think many of us would shut up rather quickly if anet made a statement about their reasoning behind it but they are leaving us in the dark here. If anet chooses to stand firm with their choice we cant do anything about it but we at the very least would like to know why this is being done for a mount. Anything like "to keep people playing, or to keep a map populated" will certainly gain negative views from the communities majority. There are other methods of achieving those task.

Heck, i wouldn't mind if there was a time gate just not one that spans this drastically for a mount they could have locked it to in game days which are a few hours apart each. Ideally even if some one played hard it would still take a few days to do. Also we have to absolutely acknowledge the double time gate and for some people who dont have mats triple time gate thats built into this collection (what could be multiple times base on future collections) .

We do think anet made a bad choice here simply put even if we don't understand it we do understand that there were better options they could have taken. For the way this mount was teased around.

Hey, feel what you want .. but that's NOT a reason to compel Anet to not use time gates. People feel it's wrong? There are too many? Sounds like EVERY time Anet uses time gates. I have yet to see a place where time gates were used and people disliked it. Dislike is not a reason for Anet to rethink this.

As customers who play / use their service (the game gw2) it actually really is.Like i said we can force them to do it but we can certainly give feed back and you dont upset your customers intentionally

No it really isn't because Anet can't implement everything in a way that everyone likes. They know some ways they do things will upset people ... that shouldn't stop them from doing it. That kind of thinking is completely unreasonable.

I agree but they should ideally try to please the majority and not each and very small minorityIn this case obviously there is a majority who is not happy with the way this was implemented and you cant deny the feedback here even if you dont think any person does not have the right answer the majority of people here and on other social media platforms are responding negatively.

You don't know how many people are unhappy about it and you don't know if it's the majority. Unhappy people complain ... happy people do not. It's always biased to unhappy posts.

Im looking at the comments here, twitter post, and reddit post + what i see being said within game map chat. Assuming that of all 4 places im looking and im seeing a 75 /25 split of negative to positive percentage wise who are you to tell me i dont know and cant know how many people are unhappy. IM LITERALLY LOOKING AT IT.While i will admit what i see cannot account for every single player i can assume with good reason behind it based on what i am seeing that the majoity of players are responding negatively to it even the ones who are not posting here, twitter, reddit, and in game. Stop being bluntly ignorant to the topic and pretending you dont see the negative feedback it just because you take no issue with the situation yourself.

And if you are a happy person why are you here?A happy person wont care if it changes right?

As I said once before to someone else dealing with the same person you might as well let them be because there is only so much you can do.

What I had to do is look at the common sense they refused to absorb through out these pages, that’s something that is best left alone at that point. I’m telling you, it’s going to be a never ending cycle if not.

Cause I feel the same as you, if people claim they do not care why are they so against the removal or change(improvement) of a timegate that adds nothing [positive] to begin with, wouldn’t even effect them. Things such as giving a purpose to keep playing is not a good one(which has been broken down so many ways).

@"Stephane Lo Presti.7258" said:Hi everyone,

The message below is addressed at current and future participants to this discussion.

The discussion remained mostly civil so far and I want to thank all of you who contributed respectfully. All of you are passionate about the game and we're reading your posts. There are however tensions in this thread and I want to remind everyone here, whether you agree with a point being raised or not, that we ask all forum contributors to be respectful and constructive. No ad-hominem arguments will be accepted and, if you see a post like this, simply report it, the moderation team will action them (in passing, this is a friendly reminder about the rules that your can find here). You can talk about various aspects of the game, how you feel about them, and generally share your feedback but the discussion here has to remain courteous.

Thanks a lot for your understanding!

Hey again, Stephane. Thank you for keeping up communication with us and hearing our concerns, hope to hear more soon. :smile:

@Ashantara.8731 said:

Well, treats aren't meals. But yeah, I agree that it is a bit of a stretch. They could have alternatively made it so that you have to re-enter the instance for every meal delivered, as a simulation of time passed, instead of making it time-gated.

True, but the model your character holds is the exact same between both meals and the treats, so it's hard to tell. :joy: