The only reason poeple complain about soulbeast is because it has a chance to dismount them

Anput.4620

@SoV.5139 said:Lots of overlap in the folks who complain about rangers burst DPS now, but defended DE hand over fist in the past. Shouldnt have lobbied to get rid of the bunker META so hard that we ended up in a smurf/gimmick/meme/munchkin META.

really? i dont recall many people defending DE, felt pretty lonely at that, yet i dont complain about ranger here. DE is still stronger. but i see quite some rangers here that did complain about deadeye and now try their hardest to deal with the complains. i only wish if they do change something about ranger, that they do not provide some cheap bandaids like they did with DE. from a powerlevel sic em rangers are not too strong, yet if their playstyle is deemed an issue, one needs to provide changes that improve gameplay as and against it, could actually result in an overall buff to ranger.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@bigo.9037 said:

@SoV.5139 said:Lots of overlap in the folks who complain about rangers burst DPS now, but defended DE hand over fist in the past. Shouldnt have lobbied to get rid of the bunker META so hard that we ended up in a smurf/gimmick/meme/munchkin META.

No, the first step is to get rid of the bunker meta. Then once bunker is out of flavor, we will have period of glass, then everyone will resort to bruiser builds instead of glass, and then we will have more balanced game play. Pure dps builds today are a symptom of heavy tank/healers like FB and endless sustain builds like scrapper etc.

The first ERROR was to get rid of the bunker META. People complain alot more about being bursted down before they can see their opponent than they ever did when fights actually lasted a while and cooldown management was actually a skill needed to play GW2 in any PVP mode.

@MUDse.7623 said:

really? i dont recall many people defending DE, felt pretty lonely at that, yet i dont complain about ranger here. DE is still stronger. but i see quite some rangers here that did complain about deadeye and now try their hardest to deal with the complains. i only wish if they do change something about ranger, that they do not provide some cheap bandaids like they did with DE. from a powerlevel sic em rangers are not too strong, yet if their playstyle is deemed an issue, one needs to provide changes that improve gameplay as and against it, could actually result in an overall buff to ranger.

All kinds of people were defending DE hand over fist, even after the one shot no downstate trololol week that happened shortly after its buff. As for glass sic-em soulbeast, I win as many times as I lose to them. It definitely is a gimmicky meme build which many play as a one trick pony and when that trick doesnt work they die just as quickly as those they burst down.

My biggest gripe about Soulbeast is Dolyak stance being additive instead of multiplicative unlike every other damage reduction modifier. Combine that with Soulbeasts high protection uptime, that's 9s (when traited, 6s when not) of 66% straight damage reduction when it should be ~44% for nearly 1/3 of its CD.

@SoV.5139 said:

No, the first step is to get rid of the bunker meta. Then once bunker is out of flavor, we will have period of glass, then everyone will resort to bruiser builds instead of glass, and then we will have more balanced game play. Pure dps builds today are a symptom of heavy tank/healers like FB and endless sustain builds like scrapper etc.

The first ERROR was to get rid of the bunker META. People complain alot more about being bursted down before they can see their opponent than they ever did when fights actually lasted a while and cooldown management was actually a skill needed to play GW2 in any PVP mode.

Do you remember what it was like? Were you really there? Cus the bunker meta was literally just who got to the point first. Class stacking was a thing. Chronomancers were king, could never die. It was one of the reasons spvp "esports" failed so hard right at launch, because nobody wanted to take a game like that seriously.

It wasn't about cooldown management. You just lived forever regardless of what happened.

@bigo.9037 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

Do you remember what it was like? Were you really there? Cus the bunker meta was literally just who got to the point first. Class stacking was a thing. Chronomancers were king, could never die. It was one of the reasons spvp "esports" failed so hard right at launch, because nobody wanted to take a game like that seriously.

It wasn't about cooldown management. You just lived forever regardless of what happened.

Esports failed cause the game's PvP wasnt interesting to watch. No one really knew what the actual heck was going on outside those who actually played the game, not to mention conquest is not a fun mode to actually watch.

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

Esports failed cause the game's PvP wasnt interesting to watch. No one really knew what the actual heck was going on outside those who actually played the game, not to mention conquest is not a fun mode to actually watch.

There was nothing fun about watching a match hit its end timer with minimal points scored. (Bunker meta).

@Widmo.3186 said:

The only reason poeple complain about soulbeast is because it has a chance to dismount them

If that would be so, then answer me why there was so much hate towards rangers (SB) even before mount release?

Thank you, nice discuss, we should have another one in the future.Have a good day.

And there is no hate at all for double pistol Thieves. I dismount people all the time with Unload. The difference is the range, I only have 900...

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

There was nothing fun about watching a match hit its end timer with minimal points scored. (Bunker meta).

There were bunker buster builds in that META too. While I am aware that there were folks who try to revise history and claim they didnt exist, that doesnt negate the fact that they did exist, but required some skill to bust bunkers with.

Its likely far easier to defeat on the forums what cant be immediately defeated in game however.

When eSports failed, alot of the champion level players from previous eras moved on. They made videos indicating their reasons for doing so, so there is no revisionist history applicable here.

@bigo.9037 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

There were bunker buster builds in that META too. I played two of them. From the posts I am seeing from people who hated that era, I am gathering that folks love a one dimensional META, just not that particular one dimensional META. I will take that era over this era any time however. It did require more skill, and the gimmick/meme builds were easily countered (more easily than they are countered today with all the OP ADC)

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

Dont think there is anything fun about watching the burst meta either lol.

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

Dont think there is anything fun about watching the burst meta either lol.

Probably not but atleast something happens in the burst meta.

@Faaris.8013 said:

@"Widmo.3186" said:

If that would be so, then answer me why there was so much hate towards rangers (SB) even before mount release?

Thank you, nice discuss, we should have another one in the future.Have a good day.

And there is no hate at all for double pistol Thieves. I dismount people all the time with Unload. The difference is the range, I only have 900...

Oh there is another difference: When I dismount someone, they have a chance to get out of the stun and fight back. That's not the case with Ranger, you are just downed instantly:

UnFLQk7.png

@Faaris.8013 said:

@"Widmo.3186" said:

Oh there is another difference: When I dismount someone, they have a chance to get out of the stun and fight back. That's not the case with Ranger, you are just downed instantly:

UnFLQk7.png

Not a single evasion, even so you have 3. Were you afk just to take the screen ?

@Faaris.8013 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:Not a single evasion, even so you have 3. Were you afk just to take the screen ?

I expected this to come as reply...

I jumped away with my warclaw twice before they hit me.

The way you respond sounds like you are telling me that you evaded it with 2 jumps, no?Rapid fire needs 2,5 sec to fire everything (10 shots)Dodge/jump is 0,75 sec exactlyIf you have jumped/dodged 2 times, this is 1,5 sec evasion, which means that his rapid fire should have landed at most 3-4 hits but I see his rapid fire landed 8 hits.Let's face the facts, shall we: You saw a ranger and you started dodging/jumping before he fires his skill or you have dodged once or you didn't dodge anything because you were in a panic and you spammed your core defensive ability of the warclaw without reason, even before the ranger fire his skills.

EDIT: Some repeats xDEDIT2: Actually I see the other 2 rapid fires which you have absorbed, which means that his whole skill has landed on you 100%, these are 2.5 sec in which you didn't dodge at all. Sorry but 2,5 sec is plenty of time to react. Literally, everything can kill you for 2,5 sec.

@"bOTEB.1573" said:Let's face the facts, shall we: You saw a ranger and you started dodging/jumping before he fires his skill or you have dodged once or you didn't dodge anything because you were in a panic and you spammed your core defensive ability of the warclaw without reason, even before the ranger fire his skills.

EDIT: Some repeats xDEDIT2: Actually I see the other 2 rapid fires which you have absorbed, which means that his whole skill has landed on you 100%, these are 2.5 sec in which you didn't dodge at all. Sorry but 2,5 sec is plenty of time to react. Literally, everything can kill you for 2,5 sec.

We saw 5 people approachhing on warclaws and turned around to run, being outnumbered. After my second jump I got hit, and then I had no chance to do anything else. usually I can shadow step when I get dismounted. In this case, the damage was so high, I got downed immediately. The absorbed shots landed between being downed and taking damage again. As you can clearly see, it was more than one Ranger attacking. I'm pretty sure it was not the same Platinum Legend that hit me afterwards because the whole meetup lasted only 2 seconds. Anyway, I was already downed when the second barrage hit me.

I know what I'm doing...

@Faaris.8013 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:Let's face the facts, shall we: You saw a ranger and you started dodging/jumping before he fires his skill or you have dodged once or you didn't dodge anything because you were in a panic and you spammed your core defensive ability of the warclaw without reason, even before the ranger fire his skills.

We saw 5 people approachhing on warclaws and turned around to run, being outnumbered. After my second jump I got hit, and then I had no chance to do anything else. usually I can shadow step when I get dismounted. In this case, the damage was so high, I got downed immediately. The absorbed shots landed between being downed and taking damage again. As you can clearly see, it was more than one Ranger attacking. I know what I'm doing...

Makes sense!So ranger is op because you were ganged by 5 foes and you decided to run (lets put the note that they were approaching on warclaws which excludes the possibility of a stealth approach, aka you could see them from very far away if you were careful), you mounted and if we assume you started moving to the opposite direction of the enemy you had 3 evades. You were in the enemy range (which means you weren't paying attention if they approach you so close on warclaws) but you decided to use your dodge to increase the gap between you and them, a little faster, instead of just running until they fire their skills. This is a mistake, but let us assume it is a panic mistake and continue with the analysis. You had 3 dodges? Why did you stop using it after the 2nd dodge? How did you had no chance to press the dodge again? I mean you weren't stunned or something because you were on a warclaw, did your kb break or did you freeze and couldn't press the button 3rd time?

P.S the damage was not instant because rapid fire is a chanelling ability of 2.5 sec

@Faaris.8013 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:So ranger is op because you were ganged by 5 foes

Ranger range and damage are overpowered because he can dismount + down you from 1800 range.

Ofc he can if you are afk. He can't dismount and down me, if I am not afk, ever. Because I have 3 dodges, his ability is 2,5 sec channeling, he can't stun or knock me back while mounted. I can't even imagine how can a ranger land all 10 hits from rapid fire on me if I have 3 dodges on my mount and if I am not afk. I can probably press all 3 dodges for 0,2 sec if not faster ;) But hey it is just me... I assume some people may need 10 sec to press a button, which is OK, really, but should we balance the professions, because of super slow reactions?

@"bOTEB.1573" said:Ofc he can if you are afk. He can't dismount and down me, if I am not afk, ever. Because I have 3 dodges, his ability is 2,5 sec channeling, he can't stun or knock me back while mounted. I can't even imagine how can a ranger land all 10 hits from rapid fire on me if I have 3 dodges on my mount and if I am not afk. I can probably press all 3 dodges for 0,2 sec if not faster ;) But hey it is just me... I assume some people may need 10 sec to press a button, which is OK, really, but should we balance the professions, because of super slow reactions?

Do you have anything else to add to the discussion other then "there is no problem, just get gud!"?

@Faaris.8013 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:So ranger is op because you were ganged by 5 foes

Ranger range and damage are overpowered because he can dismount + down you from 1800 range.

Point proven thread solved.

Other classes can do this damage except not from great range which means they can't dismount.

@Faaris.8013 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:Ofc he can if you are afk. He can't dismount and down me, if I am not afk, ever. Because I have 3 dodges, his ability is 2,5 sec channeling, he can't stun or knock me back while mounted. I can't even imagine how can a ranger land all 10 hits from rapid fire on me if I have 3 dodges on my mount and if I am not afk. I can probably press all 3 dodges for 0,2 sec if not faster ;) But hey it is just me... I assume some people may need 10 sec to press a button, which is OK, really, but should we balance the professions, because of super slow reactions?

Do you have anything else to add to the discussion other then "there is no problem, just get gud!"?

Don't take it personally. It's what he does. Blindly defend his main to the end and ignore inconvenient truths.

In fact, he legit wants Sic 'Em buffed.

@Twilight Tempest.7584 said:

Don't take it personally.
. Blindly defend his main to the end and ignore inconvenient truths.

In fact, he legit

I mean you have mesmer portrait, anyone who plays condi mesmer can't complain.

@Anput.4620 said:

Don't take it personally.
. Blindly defend his main to the end and ignore inconvenient truths.

In fact, he legit

I mean you have mesmer portrait,
anyone who plays condi mesmer can't complain

Thanks for the meme! :joy: