The only reason poeple complain about soulbeast is because it has a chance to dismount them

Anput.4620

@Twilight Tempest.7584 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:Ofc he can if you are afk. He can't dismount and down me, if I am not afk, ever. Because I have 3 dodges, his ability is 2,5 sec channeling, he can't stun or knock me back while mounted. I can't even imagine how can a ranger land all 10 hits from rapid fire on me if I have 3 dodges on my mount and if I am not afk. I can probably press all 3 dodges for 0,2 sec if not faster ;) But hey it is just me... I assume some people may need 10 sec to press a button, which is OK, really, but should we balance the professions, because of super slow reactions?

Do you have anything else to add to the discussion other then "there is no problem, just get gud!"?

Don't take it personally.
. Blindly defend his main to the end and ignore inconvenient truths.

In fact, he legit

I mean you have mesmer portrait,
anyone who plays condi mesmer can't complain

Thanks for the meme! :joy:

Not a meme, i got up from down the other day and immediately had 17 stacks of torment ticking on me for like 5k per tick. Along with chain invuls and evades, clones and mobility you literally have everything.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Anput.4620 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:Ofc he can if you are afk. He can't dismount and down me, if I am not afk, ever. Because I have 3 dodges, his ability is 2,5 sec channeling, he can't stun or knock me back while mounted. I can't even imagine how can a ranger land all 10 hits from rapid fire on me if I have 3 dodges on my mount and if I am not afk. I can probably press all 3 dodges for 0,2 sec if not faster ;) But hey it is just me... I assume some people may need 10 sec to press a button, which is OK, really, but should we balance the professions, because of super slow reactions?

Do you have anything else to add to the discussion other then "there is no problem, just get gud!"?

In fact, he legit

Not a meme, i got up from down the other day and immediately had 17 stacks of torment ticking on me for like 5k per tick. Along with chain invuls and evades, clones and mobility you literally have everything.

So basically one condi-clear would nullify all of it? Would you rather get hit with 5-digit unblockable damage in 2 seconds from 1800+ range that can't be "cleansed" after the fact by pressing one button?

Those numbers seem a bit.. exaggerated anyhow, even for WvW.

Anyway, let's not derail this with the "but mes" meme any further, shall we?

@Anput.4620 said:

In fact, he legit

Not a meme, i got up from down the other day and immediately had 17 stacks of torment ticking on me for like 5k per tick. Along with chain invuls and evades, clones and mobility you literally have everything.Did u go sh*t and when returned found out this 17 stacks?So 10k auto-attacks from 1900 range is better than this 17 stacks? May be its unblockable? May be auto attacks its not everything(braindead 4-2 to kill you through your health and nearly kill your downedstate)? May be because soulbeast can easly oneshot you ? Cleanse sigil remove 3 condis every 9s on swap? Can I have sigil that make me immune to ranged attacks for 3s? That also work on unblockable effects?Also you hate condis because your soulbeast on wvw can use passive/active signet and literally has 8 seconds invulnerability for power damage?

@praqtos.9035 said:

In fact, he legit

Not a meme, i got up from down the other day and immediately had 17 stacks of torment ticking on me for like 5k per tick. Along with chain invuls and evades, clones and mobility you literally have everything.Did u go kitten and when returned found out this 17 stacks?So 10k auto-attacks from 1900 range is better than this 17 stacks? May be its unblockable? May be auto attacks its not everything? May be because soulbeast can easly oneshot you ? Cleanse sigil remove 3 condis every 9s on swap? Can I have sigil that make me immune to ranged attacks for 3s? That also work on unblockable effects?

What exactly are you running to get hit from a 10K auto attack? I'm full glass and the auto attacks from Soulbeasts never crack 5-6k. Are you not wearing armor?

Ever see what a long range auto-attack does to a typical target in WvW that runs a typical amount of toughness? 600-1000 damage. Try it. You'll see, and probably think to yourself "well this is pretty uneventful" "How exactly do they maintain any type of effectiveness in WvW?" You'd be right and that'd be an excellent question.. One that's truthfully hard to answer, except with, "they can't".

So what exactly is this issue with a random stray shot hitting for 10K on someone? Are we to base Soulbeast's damage on the idea that all their targets are either running glass or no armor at all? You could get on a Soulbeast yourself and make an unedited video using long range attacks on people in WvW and you'd be hard pressed to ever find someone it'll ever crack 5K on. Mostly you'll be faced with hits less that 1000. So what exactly is the problem with the long range shot?

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:

In fact, he legit

Not a meme, i got up from down the other day and immediately had 17 stacks of torment ticking on me for like 5k per tick. Along with chain invuls and evades, clones and mobility you literally have everything.Did u go kitten and when returned found out this 17 stacks?So 10k auto-attacks from 1900 range is better than this 17 stacks? May be its unblockable? May be auto attacks its not everything? May be because soulbeast can easly oneshot you ? Cleanse sigil remove 3 condis every 9s on swap? Can I have sigil that make me immune to ranged attacks for 3s? That also work on unblockable effects?

What exactly are you running to get hit from a 10K auto attack? I'm full glass and the auto attacks from Soulbeasts never crack 5-6k. Are you not wearing armor?

Ever see what a long range auto-attack does to a typical target in WvW that runs a typical amount of toughness? 600-1000 damage. Try it. You'll see, and probably think to yourself "well this is pretty uneventful" "How exactly do they maintain any type of effectiveness in WvW?" You'd be right and that'd be an excellent question.. One that's truthfully hard to answer, except with, "they can't".

So what exactly is this issue with a random stray shot hitting for 10K on someone? Are we to base Soulbeast's damage on the idea that all their targets are either running glass or no armor at all? You could get on a Soulbeast yourself and make an
unedited
video using long range attacks on people in WvW and you'd be hard pressed to ever find someone it'll ever crack 5K on. Mostly you'll be faced with hits less that 1000. So what exactly is the problem with the long range shot?
Since thats clearly WvW forum that fits here. Do you need my help to find time stamps when he use lb auto ?;)If in pvp I can get 5-7k crits in wvw thats not a problem at allAlso you hate condis because your soulbeast on wvw can use passive/active signet and literally have 8 seconds invulnerability for power damage?

@Faaris.8013 said:

I didn't say this. I have offered you a logical explanation of why you are wrong or lying (and again wrong). For example, you may be way stronger than me and a better player but you are posting some nonsense info with the idea to say that something is OP. I have simply proven to you why it is not.

@Twilight Tempest.7584 said:

In fact, he legit

"Blindly"? You just can't accept logic, can you? I have mathematically proven why Faaris is wrong yet you use the word "blindly".Sorry but all your posts are a meme, no reasonable player will ever agree with you or take you seriously (not to mention devs) because of the simple reason that you ignore logic. Balances are not based on memes but hard data. The sooner you realize it, the faster you will break free of the ignorant chains.

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:Let's face the facts, shall we: You saw a ranger and you started dodging/jumping before he fires his skill or you have dodged once or you didn't dodge anything because you were in a panic and you spammed your core defensive ability of the warclaw without reason, even before the ranger fire his skills.

EDIT: Some repeats xDEDIT2: Actually I see the other 2 rapid fires which you have absorbed, which means that his whole skill has landed on you 100%, these are 2.5 sec in which you didn't dodge at all. Sorry but 2,5 sec is plenty of time to react. Literally, everything can kill you for 2,5 sec.

We saw 5 people approachhing on warclaws and turned around to run, being outnumbered. After my second jump I got hit, and then I had no chance to do anything else. usually I can shadow step when I get dismounted. In this case, the damage was so high, I got downed immediately. The absorbed shots landed between being downed and taking damage again. As you can clearly see, it was more than one Ranger attacking. I know what I'm doing...

Makes sense!So ranger is op because you were ganged by 5 foes and you decided to run (lets put the note that they were approaching on warclaws which excludes the possibility of a stealth approach, aka you could see them from very far away if you were careful), you mounted and if we assume you started moving to the opposite direction of the enemy you had 3 evades. You were in the enemy range (which means you weren't paying attention if they approach you so close on warclaws) but you decided to use your dodge to increase the gap between you and them, a little faster, instead of just running until they fire their skills. This is a mistake, but let us assume it is a panic mistake and continue with the analysis. You had 3 dodges? Why did you stop using it after the 2nd dodge? How did you had no chance to press the dodge again? I mean you weren't stunned or something because you were on a warclaw, did your kb break or did you freeze and couldn't press the button 3rd time?

P.S the damage was not instant because rapid fire is a chanelling ability of 2.5 sec

Stop the bullshit on the Dodge6k auto attack on range is way to high

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:Let's face the facts, shall we: You saw a ranger and you started dodging/jumping before he fires his skill or you have dodged once or you didn't dodge anything because you were in a panic and you spammed your core defensive ability of the warclaw without reason, even before the ranger fire his skills.

EDIT: Some repeats xDEDIT2: Actually I see the other 2 rapid fires which you have absorbed, which means that his whole skill has landed on you 100%, these are 2.5 sec in which you didn't dodge at all. Sorry but 2,5 sec is plenty of time to react. Literally, everything can kill you for 2,5 sec.

We saw 5 people approachhing on warclaws and turned around to run, being outnumbered. After my second jump I got hit, and then I had no chance to do anything else. usually I can shadow step when I get dismounted. In this case, the damage was so high, I got downed immediately. The absorbed shots landed between being downed and taking damage again. As you can clearly see, it was more than one Ranger attacking. I know what I'm doing...

Makes sense!So ranger is op because you were ganged by 5 foes and you decided to run (lets put the note that they were approaching on warclaws which excludes the possibility of a stealth approach, aka you could see them from very far away if you were careful), you mounted and if we assume you started moving to the opposite direction of the enemy you had 3 evades. You were in the enemy range (which means you weren't paying attention if they approach you so close on warclaws) but you decided to use your dodge to increase the gap between you and them, a little faster, instead of just running until they fire their skills. This is a mistake, but let us assume it is a panic mistake and continue with the analysis. You had 3 dodges? Why did you stop using it after the 2nd dodge? How did you had no chance to press the dodge again? I mean you weren't stunned or something because you were on a warclaw, did your kb break or did you freeze and couldn't press the button 3rd time?

P.S the damage was not instant because rapid fire is a chanelling ability of 2.5 sec

You do know that quickness exists, right?

@steki.1478 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

Even better!With quickness on the enemy ranger, you can dodge ALL of his rapid fire shots with just 2 jumps, not 3.If you time it good he can deal ~40-50% dmg and you dodge the rest with just one jump, which will leave you with 2 more dodges!WOW, insane, isn't it?

P.S In case, the ranger is ALSO with one wolf pack (we can see he isn't but I am giving you free pro advice) - you will have to dodge at least 2 times.

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

Even better!With quickness on the enemy ranger, you can dodge ALL of his rapid fire shots with just 2 jumps, not 3.If you time it good he can deal ~40-50% dmg and you dodge the rest with just one jump, which will leave you with 2 more dodges!WOW, insane, isn't it?

P.S In case, the ranger is ALSO with one wolf pack (we can see he isn't but I am giving you free pro advice) - you will have to dodge at least 2 times.

It takes half second to get dismounted and another half to finish you off. With a ping of 100+ you cant even avoid that unless you have absolutely clear vision of the skill firing off, so it ends up being a game of prediction. Person in the comment above made a prediction and it wasnt a good one, but saying "just dodge lol" isnt a solution to soulbeast being broken.

@steki.1478 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

It takes half second to get dismounted and another half to finish you off. With a ping of 100+ you cant even avoid that unless you have absolutely clear vision of the skill firing off, so it ends up being a game of prediction. Person in the comment above made a prediction and it wasnt a good one, but saying "just dodge lol" isnt a solution to soulbeast being broken.

Fortunately, "just dodge" for the Soulbeast's rapid fire works 100%You can come with whatever absurd argument you want, at the end you, me and everyone else know that dodging works just fine and is easy against rapid fire and the only thing you do is lying yourself. I am constantly dodging rapid fire on my mount. The enemy is constantly dodging my rapid fire.You sound like it is impossible to dodge it. It is ok - keep lying to yourself :)

I'm sorry, but "just dodge" is the stupidest argument I've ever heard. If that is the solution to everything why don't we just make every class have 100k auto attacks. Just dodge them, it isn't broken! I can dodge 3k staff ele autos from 1300 range and I can dodge 8k ranger autos from 1800 range. Looks like both are just as strong in roaming because you can dodge them, right? No balance changes needed.

Not going to go more into it with profession comparisons because we all know that ranger with ranged weapons defeats ranged ele in every conceivable way. There are more professions that have their own broken mechanics in roaming, but that is no excuse for leaving soulbeast as it is. The interaction with pet buffs is ridiculous. How would you ever consider giving buffs that were designed to make weak pets effective to the soulbeast without reducing their effectiveness? It's one of the many PoF mistakes that led to the uncontrollable power creep that we see right now. Almost 2 years later and we still have scourges, revs and firebrands dominating zerg play. With the balance patches barely making more room for other professions to see significant play. Wow, now you can add less than a hand full of scrappers because they got power crept too. So amazing!

This level of power creep should have been reined in a year ago. The balance changes have been too slow and saying that others should take nerfs first is not going to get us anywhere. Everyone would like all the professions except their own to get nerfed first. Ideally there would be a huge balance patch that tried to address everything at the same time, but you shouldn't hold your breath for that.

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

Fortunately, "just dodge" for the Soulbeast's rapid fire works 100%You can come with whatever absurd argument you want, at the end you, me and everyone else know that dodging works just fine and is easy against rapid fire and the only thing you do is lying yourself. I am constantly dodging rapid fire on my mount. The enemy is constantly dodging my rapid fire.You sound like it is impossible to dodge it. It is ok - keep lying to yourself :)

Just because you can dodge it doesnt mean that it's not broken, otherwise every class would have skills that hit for 30k within a second.

@steki.1478 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

Just because you can dodge it doesnt mean that it's not broken, otherwise every class would have skills that hit for 30k within a second.

Please, read what rapid fire does. It is a channeling skill, not 30k dmg within a sec. Also to get 30k dmg for the 2.5 sec you need to cast Sic 'Em (which also have a sound effect) and you have to trait specific skills. Just because I (and many others) can dodge it, means it is dodgeable and if you can't dodge it is a L2P issue, and you can't assume it is inevitable to "eat" this damage.

For example, I can suggest to nerf every single skill because I "refuse" to dodge it. I will come on the forum and post few screens of 30k dmg within 3 sec (in which I don't do anything) and say "Look, what is this shit, nerf it asap". Then someone will say "But it is extremly telegraphed, what did you do, went to the toilet?". And I will respond "Just because you can see and dodge it, doesn't mean I can too, thus it has to be nerfed."

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

Please, read what rapid fire does. It is a channeling skill, not 30k dmg within a sec. Also to get 30k dmg for the 2.5 sec you need to cast Sic 'Em (which also have a sound effect) and you have to trait specific skills. Just because I (and many others) can dodge it, means it is dodgeable and if you can't dodge it is a L2P issue, and you can't assume it is inevitable to "eat" this damage.

For example, I can suggest to nerf every single skill because I "refuse" to dodge it. I will come on the forum and post few screens of 30k dmg within 3 sec (in which I don't do anything) and say "Look, what is this kitten, nerf it asap". Then someone will say "But it is extremly telegraphed, what did you do, went to the toilet?". And I will respond "Just because you can see and dodge it, doesn't mean I can too, thus it has to be nerfed."

It's fair argument though. Lb 4 is CC and you can wreck at least half of someone's HP while they are being knocked back, full HP if it's squishy class.

As you said, you need sick em to produce that damage, it's not about skill being telegraphed (there's plenty of more telegraphed attacks that do less dmg btw) and it's not about being able to dodge. It's about total damage in short amount of time and no risk in doing it. When autos hit for 7k and rapid fire for 25k you can't just dodge everything.

Nobody says that rapid fire needs nerf, it's the interaction with sick em and soulbeast.

@"bOTEB.1573" said:I have offered you a logical explanation of why you are wrong or lying (and again wrong). For example, you may be way stronger than me and a better player but you are posting some nonsense info with the idea to say that something is OP. I have simply proven to you why it is not.

You have mathematically proven that my opinion about the power of Rangers is wrong? How did you do that, and where? Is there an official Anet-approved benchmark that states how much damage per second are considered ok, and the (unedited) numbers in my screenshot are within that range? It's about opinions, feelings, you cannot prove these wrong. If you get shot while mounted from 1800 range and you get downed immediately and are dead within less than 2 seconds, you can find that ok and I can find that overkill. We have seen in the past that Anet adjusted these kind of things, despite some players claiming it's all about "getting gud and dodging".

I can imagine that the devs never intended anyone to get right into downed state after getting hit while mounted. The short stun after getting dismounted is the punishment.

And I highly recommend dropping those accusations that other people here on the forums are liars. You certainly won't convince me to look at things from your point of view with this attitude.

WvW is infested with 'glass' (2x stone signet in power meta) soulbeasts. It must take 2000hrs+ of practice and skill to press sic em and rapid fire to deal 30K+damage in 5sec from 1700 range while still being able to run around. It's like kicking people on wheelchair and saying its a fair fight. Fix this plz!

@Leap Of Faith.8263 said:WvW is infested with 'glass' (2x stone signet in power meta) soulbeasts. It must take 2000hrs+ of practice and skill to press sic em and rapid fire to deal 30K+damage in 5sec from 1700 range while still being able to run around. It's like kicking people on wheelchair and saying its a fair fight. Fix this plz!

Well if you used your fists you could say that because neither of you are using your legs :trollface:

@"Ganathar.4956" said:I'm sorry, but "just dodge" is the stupidest argument I've ever heard.

ShllNLy.jpg

Anywho, I do agree that all of the PoF specs are a little overtuned, I don't see that changing until the next expansion hits and those specializations are the ones that are the most potent. Gotta sell that expansion, after all. Outside of Sic 'Em I don't feel Soulbeast is any more overtuned than the other professions you mentioned at their respective strengths. Do you see any Dragonhunters, Firebrands, Reapers, Druids or Berserkers running around? I sure don't. Maaaaybe Chronomancers.

~ Kovu

Remember when core ranger was like staff ele on wvw? That's right, those dumb stubborn fucks now have a chance of killing you without putting much effort whatsoever.See how staff ele becomes OP in next expansion (nah, ele will probably remain a meme class cuz you know...one can't be overpowered for too long unlike some shoddy pinky class devs play)

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

For example, I can suggest to nerf every single skill because I "refuse" to dodge it. I will come on the forum and post few screens of 30k dmg within 3 sec (in which I don't do anything) and say "Look, what is this kitten, nerf it asap". Then someone will say "But it is extremly telegraphed, what did you do, went to the toilet?". And I will respond "Just because you can see and dodge it, doesn't mean I can too, thus it has to be nerfed."

I only have 12k base health as a guardIf IT wernt a channel skill i shouldnt have wasted BOTH my dodges for a chance to survive

@L A T I O N.8923 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

I only have 12k base health as a guardIf IT wernt a channel skill i shouldnt have wasted BOTH my dodges for a chance to survive

Bro, we are talking about dismounting?Miss the context and the point much?Dg6OUbnVQAA8Zz2.jpg

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

Bro, we are talking about dismounting?Miss the context and the point much?
Dg6OUbnVQAA8Zz2.jpg

Sorry i indeed missed the pointNo reason to be offensive though, Will pretend i didn't hear

Yeah tbh it's still the topic'the only reason ..soulbeast' is because IT has a chance to dismount them'Other classes cant do ITIm mad because of thatNot soulbeast' is able, but to be fair:EVEN IF other classes were made capable there would be 3 options:

1. Other classes get buffed on range, making ranged even stronger
  2. The mount gets nerved, and skills like rapid fire kill people more quickly
  3. A dismount skill's introducéd or another way like a trap, leaving rapid fire to be open for the player

@Faaris.8013 said:

The only reason poeple complain about soulbeast is because it has a chance to dismount them

If that would be so, then answer me why there was so much hate towards rangers (SB) even before mount release?

Thank you, nice discuss, we should have another one in the future.Have a good day.

And there is no hate at all for double pistol Thieves. I dismount people all the time with Unload. The difference is the range, I only have 900...

P/P doesn't regularly get hate because it's a meme build for competitive modes that stops being effective the second your enemy knows the #3 spam is incoming.