Please dont make any story instance achievements for season 5

Some people like them, so I don't want them to go away, but I wish they would make every episode so that you can do the meta achievement with just the open world achievements. Some episodes are like this now, but it seems to be random whether they make you do story achievements or not. Personally I hate restarting the story over and over to get achievements, the open world achievements feel so much more exploratory and immersive.

@Perihen the Thawk.9527 said:Some people like them, so I don't want them to go away, but I wish they would make every episode so that you can do the meta achievement with just the open world achievements. Some episodes are like this now, but it seems to be random whether they make you do story achievements or not. Personally I hate restarting the story over and over to get achievements, the open world achievements feel so much more exploratory and immersive.

I dislike the open world achievements on the other hand and would like to get the meta award only through story content. Open world achievements feel like an endless grind to me where I only do the same events over and over again without any challenge, which is why I barely did the meta on most episodes. If there is one that is interesting for me I can get up and do them or get them through PvP/wvw, so I guess people who don't like story can do the same if they like to get the meta award.

@Magnus Godrik.5841 said:

@sevenDEADLY.5281 said:So you want them to only add things to the game that you personally like and things you don't like shouldn't be in the game at all?

Omg i want this feature as well

Ooh, me too! I can't wait to get to the part where I get to become an amoral mech-piloting mercenary and commit war crimes for fun and profit on a distant planet in the midst of a violent revolution!

Wait, what game are we playing again...?

@Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:These achievements are by far one of the most annoying parts of the game. They usually are some dumb gimmick that requires you to actively ignore the story and fight to control mob AI, avoid fighting/story objectives altogether, or play some mini game where the rules are on a tooltip beside your buffs. There are much better ways to introduce additional content or more challenge to the story missions than this.

I'd actually like if they made difficulty achievements for story missions, like in GW1, with achievements being tied to two or three tiers of difficulty.

@Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:These achievements are by far one of the most annoying parts of the game. They usually are some dumb gimmick that requires you to actively ignore the story and fight to control mob AI, avoid fighting/story objectives altogether, or play some mini game where the rules are on a tooltip beside your buffs. There are much better ways to introduce additional content or more challenge to the story missions than this. Almost all of them are designed with fail conditions that force you to restart multiple times, and all they do is make you wish that you could skip all dialogue and story elements.

I'm gonna go further, and just ask for no story instances.

Bring back classic questing instead, and make everything open world.

I like the ability to be able to go for achievements on my first try if I happen to meet the requirements, but I personally don't even bother reading up on story achievements until after I've completed the story.

Ls2 has a system whereby you can't get achievements on your first play-through, even if you have completed the story on other characters. I think this would be a more reasonable (if not frustrating) request.

For me it's like some have already said: They are optional. I do those I like and ignore those that are too hard to me.

And to the point of what is "challenging": There is no definition possible, simply because what is challenging for one can be easy for another, and vice et versa. That's why in this game generally, it's all about players helping players. Each of us has it easy at whatever activity and can then help those who have it hard at that same activity.

These achievements are by far one of the most enjoyable parts of the game. They usually are extra content that requires you to explore beyond the basic story itself and make you do different things, or play some mini game where the rules are explained in a perfectly reasonable way beside your buffs. There aren't many ways to introduce additional content or more challenge to the story missions than this, and this method works great. Almost all of them are designed with fail conditions that provide additional challenge and isn't some lame freely given reward for doing mindlessly easy content, and all they do is make you feel gratified with yourself once you complete them.

That's how I view the OP if it was telling things from my perspective.

You don't like story achievements? That's fine. Most of them are pretty easy. The only infallibly bad ones are those that are mutually exclusive with each other and force multiple playthroughs upon success. And there was only one of those in Season 4, iirc (and 1 in Season 3; both by the same team, so...). Beyond that, the only issue is when it's done like Season 2's achievements where you must replay the story instances on the same character after beating the chapter - but they don't do that anymore (thank god).

Don't take away content that other people enjoy just because you don't.

IMO, what Season 5 needs is what War Eternal (and some others) lack. That being that there needs to be "buffers" for the meta achievement. War Eternal's meta achievement requires 18 completed achievements and has 18 eligible achievements; most have 3-8 extra achievements on top of the required amount.