Your DPS is Trash

@zionophir.6845 said:

@neven.3785 said:In the past it was possible with one of the common DPS meters used. Also range check that told.you how many enemies are nearby. I left a guild I was a long time member of because they started interrogating members over specific slotted gear pieces or a minor trait choice. I wasn't the target but I'm of firm opinion that it was not how to run a guild especially since it violated terms of service. Other ways to git gud without such tools.

There is a reason those tools where banned and Arc was not. Not sure how that's relevant now.

@zionophir.6845 said:so does arcdps dictate your "Rotation"?

of course you don't just 1111111 the Violet Boss Right? assuming that you've played a single class for how many, 7 years, you don't just 111111 right? there are 9 other skills, right?

and you can even not copy a build using a website and discover by yourselves that there are higher damage build customizations other than the meta builds in the website..

i can just bring a warrior without banners and still damage is still high... its called "traits for weapon/skill cooldown reduction.."

right?

I'm not quite sure what your point here is.Arc doesn't dictate rotations, it simply let's you check if you or others are performing them up to standard and assists in the creation of them by providing feedback.

Plenty of skills reduce DPS due to cast times or aftercasts. It's not just not pressing 1. Additionally a lot of DPS builds utilize combos/burst windows, aka creating damage modifiers and then using as many of the highest damage skills available as possible in them.If you don't know the rotation, there is plenty you can do wrong.

The builds and rotations that are on those sites are there because they are the highest DPS achievable to current knowledge.If you came up with something higher, feel free to let the rest of us know.

Bringing Banners is a DPS sacrifice Warriors make to increase Squad DPS, which is all that matters.So yes, not taking Banners should not only result in "still" high personal DPS, but higher.Personal DPS isn't strictly what you take a Banner Warrior for though.

Again, not sure what the point is you are trying to make.

k.

assuming that you bring the Strength and Discipline banners

4 attributes gets to +100..

ok

compare that to berserker stance, which when used will make your adren full (try to know if how many times) and balanced stance (coz if you got CCed by the boss equals no damage). and traits that lengthen the stances (so more fast adrenaline recharge). Berserker Stance will make any conditions on you useless too. (Blind, Weakness, anything that can kitten or prevent damage)

now go to the weapons = reduced recharge means weapon skill is almost being used everytime, yes? make your main weapons (GS/whatever) have reduced recharge

and tactics - 3 - 3 -3

and since your weapon is GS and you slotted the GS cooldown reduction, you have access to Might Makes Right?

Right?

so now compare Berserker Stance + Balanced Stance (on a stance duration increase) versus Str and Disc Banners

and yeah, if the boss is condi heavy inflicting damage gimping/prevention, +400 on the attributes, even when it's shared, is almost incomparable/useless coz your constant uninterrupted damage became 0 with the Bosses condis..

You genuinely have no idea what the role of the Banner Warrior is.

4000 Squad wide Attributes with Banners + 500 from EA, in part needed to crit cap all your DPS's, as well as the CC from Mace/Mace is the main reason to bring pBS to Raids.

If you get constantly CC'ed or are afflicted with Weakness for a substantial amount of time, I a) am not sure what boss that is supposed to be and b) your supports suck.

In terms of Squad DPS and Utility, yes, your suggested build pales in comparison.Making a build that has higher personal DPS as a Banner Warrior is a no brainer, since Banner Warrior isn't strictly a DPS...

k.

you're talking about raids.

im talking about fractals/dungeons.

big difference.

I don't think you know what you are talking about.In Fractals your group even more so relies on you as Warrior to play Mace/Mace as primary CC together with the Renegade, with Axe/Axe being superior for DPS.You won't use that GS unless you know there won't be any Breakbars in the upcoming encounters.For Stab and condi cleanse, again, run a supFB. Together with the Rev being able to swap to Jalis, you will have more Stab than you'll ever need, freeing you to take Banners, which still are a valuable stat increase in 5 man content.

@zionophir.6845 said:and pugging/joining on the fly in raids is fake news. raid guilds sell them.

The fact that there are some raid sellers doesn't mean people aren't pugging Raids, what's your point?

@zionophir.6845 said:and if raid guilds say you must bring banner, you have no choice..

while banner on 5 people is almost negligible.. if all of you have skills that do not kitten your damage, IN ANY WAY...

It's less negligible than everything else you could bring.If you are neither bringing Banners nor Mace/Mace, then there is little reason to bring a pWarrior.

the max damage that i inflict to a Gold Champion boss with GS skill 2 alone, with all the skill boosters (no item booster) like might and vulnerability maxed is 30,000++

so you now know why i am advocating traiting Weapon Cooldown Reduction..

And Axe 5 can do over 100k damage.Not sure what that has to do with anything though...

Considering Hundred Blades has a cast time of 3.5 seconds without quickness and you are doing 30k damage with it, then congratulations, you are contributing less than 9k DPS.

@zionophir.6845 said:in a fractals party, if you spec your character to do 30,000 damage just using 1 skill and self-sustaining, and the other 4 do the same, sharing might and constant @ 25, resistance, stab, inflicting vulnerability, etc.. what do you think will happen?

i asked an oracle about this and she said, "Done in 5 minutes.." she speaks metaphors..

anyway, this is different from rAIDS, where damage is scaled coz you're so many there..

Again, not how DPS works.Your party of 5 would do less DPS at peak times than 1 1/2 DPS of a META group.

There is this program I can highly recommend called ArcDPS, which can greatly help you check your actual performance in terms of DPS, assisting you in improving as player.

last hit skill 2, on a copper Veteran mob, in WvWvW in 9 might

yfvAivM.jpg

SCALE THAT TO A GOLD BOSS WITH 4 PLAYERS 25 MIGHT MAX VULNERABILITY..

so what's the moral lesson? don't assume that someone is always inventing stuff up..

right, as
um[e]?

and arcdps will make you a pro player? it's akin to cheats that makes a noob feel supremely pro.. sadly, just a feeling..

you're a comedian man. go apply in some comedy bar..

ahahAnd it's still bad^^ (and it will still be bad with 25 mights and vulne^^)Thanks you for the laughter :)

But you know, you're right : we are all noobs and you are the only one here that is good :)

yeah. it's bad yeah?

k.

your sarcastic last sentence felt that you bluffed and still cried inside..

what is 25 - 9 again?

and what is vulnerability?

and can the damage still go up?

WITHOUT BANNERS?

of course..

You do realize, you are not doing any of your arguments any favors right and pretty much any player who has a basic understanding of this game is laughing at you?

You do not understand the difference between single big hits and damage per second (I love when people bring up Warrior Greatsword 2. The skill has always been one of those skills which scales up the damage number done, while always having been a mediocre damage skill. Unfortunately not so smart players usually do not understand what that big number at the end means and how it translates into damage per second. It has been THE ONE defining example of people nut understanding game mechanics and the irony that you brought it up is great).

You do not understand the difference between group damage and solo damage. The entire meta setup for over 4 years has always been designed with 1 thought in mind: which skills bring the overall most damage (or use and utility) to the group. It is this sole approach which makes chronos, druids, firebrands and renegades bring quickness, fury, might and alacrity over pure damage. It's the reason why warriors bring banners and offhand maces (for cc) instead of personal damage skills. It's why a thief might bring Basiliks Venom over Thiefs Guild as elite.

You are the prime example of why arcdps is needed. So players who think they are way smarter and experienced than they are can use arcdps to actually improve. In your case a short trip to the damage golem would be sufficient though.

i showed you a 15k damage GS on a Vet solo with only 9 might and no vuln on that target and you raise the DPS card and "it's not about the maxed damage.."

GS 2 is part of DPS calculation am i brite? and with weapon reduction and might per crit hits GS2, what happens to DPS?

Greatsword 2 is a 3.5 second attack (
).

Warrior benchmarks at around 32.5k as damage dealer. Your Greatsword 2 would have to do 113,750 damage in those 3.5 seconds (3.5x 32.5k). That 15k single hit is useless information. A top performing warrior does twice that damage PER SECOND.

K, show me 113,750 and you and your gang wins this thread. hit a veteran guard, in wvwvw. no banners. GS 2 only..

you have 1 day to do that..

You do realize that we are talking about raid builds in PvE right. This is with the assumption that you will have max boons, vul and some other raid utilities. Of course nobody should use max dps build in wvw, do you know what forum you are on?

k.

B) B) B).V.. ..I..

Now I just kind of feel bad. I hope you think about this moment and reflect once you get out of school.

I don't prove myself to you. there are persons laughing at you atm (and even those people who are in remote mode)..

I don't think if you realize but there are different people with different age groups on the internet. I am currently way past the age of being bothered by a child's lies and tantrum. If you are not one, then I have to say drawing middle finger with emojis would have to be very terrible arguments indeed.

This is my last post and I hope you can look back to this conversation and reflect where it went wrong.

@Warscythes.9307 said:

@neven.3785 said:In the past it was possible with one of the common DPS meters used. Also range check that told.you how many enemies are nearby. I left a guild I was a long time member of because they started interrogating members over specific slotted gear pieces or a minor trait choice. I wasn't the target but I'm of firm opinion that it was not how to run a guild especially since it violated terms of service. Other ways to git gud without such tools.

There is a reason those tools where banned and Arc was not. Not sure how that's relevant now.

of course you don't just 1111111 the Violet Boss Right? assuming that you've played a single class for how many, 7 years, you don't just 111111 right? there are 9 other skills, right?

and you can even not copy a build using a website and discover by yourselves that there are higher damage build customizations other than the meta builds in the website..

i can just bring a warrior without banners and still damage is still high... its called "traits for weapon/skill cooldown reduction.."

right?

I'm not quite sure what your point here is.Arc doesn't dictate rotations, it simply let's you check if you or others are performing them up to standard and assists in the creation of them by providing feedback.

Plenty of skills reduce DPS due to cast times or aftercasts. It's not just not pressing 1. Additionally a lot of DPS builds utilize combos/burst windows, aka creating damage modifiers and then using as many of the highest damage skills available as possible in them.If you don't know the rotation, there is plenty you can do wrong.

The builds and rotations that are on those sites are there because they are the highest DPS achievable to current knowledge.If you came up with something higher, feel free to let the rest of us know.

Bringing Banners is a DPS sacrifice Warriors make to increase Squad DPS, which is all that matters.So yes, not taking Banners should not only result in "still" high personal DPS, but higher.Personal DPS isn't strictly what you take a Banner Warrior for though.

k.

ok

compare that to berserker stance, which when used will make your adren full (try to know if how many times) and balanced stance (coz if you got CCed by the boss equals no damage). and traits that lengthen the stances (so more fast adrenaline recharge). Berserker Stance will make any conditions on you useless too. (Blind, Weakness, anything that can kitten or prevent damage)

now go to the weapons = reduced recharge means weapon skill is almost being used everytime, yes? make your main weapons (GS/whatever) have reduced recharge

and tactics - 3 - 3 -3

and since your weapon is GS and you slotted the GS cooldown reduction, you have access to Might Makes Right?

Right?

so now compare Berserker Stance + Balanced Stance (on a stance duration increase) versus Str and Disc Banners

and yeah, if the boss is condi heavy inflicting damage gimping/prevention, +400 on the attributes, even when it's shared, is almost incomparable/useless coz your constant uninterrupted damage became 0 with the Bosses condis..

4000 Squad wide Attributes with Banners + 500 from EA, in part needed to crit cap all your DPS's, as well as the CC from Mace/Mace is the main reason to bring pBS to Raids.

If you get constantly CC'ed or are afflicted with Weakness for a substantial amount of time, I a) am not sure what boss that is supposed to be and b) your supports suck.

In terms of Squad DPS and Utility, yes, your suggested build pales in comparison.Making a build that has higher personal DPS as a Banner Warrior is a no brainer, since Banner Warrior isn't strictly a DPS...

k.

big difference.

I don't think you know what you are talking about.In Fractals your group even more so relies on you as Warrior to play Mace/Mace as primary CC together with the Renegade, with Axe/Axe being superior for DPS.You won't use that GS unless you know there won't be any Breakbars in the upcoming encounters.For Stab and condi cleanse, again, run a supFB. Together with the Rev being able to swap to Jalis, you will have more Stab than you'll ever need, freeing you to take Banners, which still are a valuable stat increase in 5 man content.

@zionophir.6845 said:and pugging/joining on the fly in raids is fake news. raid guilds sell them.

The fact that there are some raid sellers doesn't mean people aren't pugging Raids, what's your point?

@zionophir.6845 said:and if raid guilds say you must bring banner, you have no choice..

while banner on 5 people is almost negligible.. if all of you have skills that do not kitten your damage, IN ANY WAY...

It's less negligible than everything else you could bring.If you are neither bringing Banners nor Mace/Mace, then there is little reason to bring a pWarrior.

the max damage that i inflict to a Gold Champion boss with GS skill 2 alone, with all the skill boosters (no item booster) like might and vulnerability maxed is 30,000++

And Axe 5 can do over 100k damage.Not sure what that has to do with anything though...

Considering Hundred Blades has a cast time of 3.5 seconds without quickness and you are doing 30k damage with it, then congratulations, you are contributing less than 9k DPS.

@zionophir.6845 said:in a fractals party, if you spec your character to do 30,000 damage just using 1 skill and self-sustaining, and the other 4 do the same, sharing might and constant @ 25, resistance, stab, inflicting vulnerability, etc.. what do you think will happen?

i asked an oracle about this and she said, "Done in 5 minutes.." she speaks metaphors..

anyway, this is different from rAIDS, where damage is scaled coz you're so many there..

Again, not how DPS works.Your party of 5 would do less DPS at peak times than 1 1/2 DPS of a META group.

There is this program I can highly recommend called ArcDPS, which can greatly help you check your actual performance in terms of DPS, assisting you in improving as player.

yfvAivM.jpg

so what's the moral lesson? don't assume that someone is always inventing stuff up..

right, as
um[e]?

and arcdps will make you a pro player? it's akin to cheats that makes a noob feel supremely pro.. sadly, just a feeling..

ahahAnd it's still bad^^ (and it will still be bad with 25 mights and vulne^^)Thanks you for the laughter :)

But you know, you're right : we are all noobs and you are the only one here that is good :)

yeah. it's bad yeah?

k.

what is 25 - 9 again?

WITHOUT BANNERS?

of course..

You do realize, you are not doing any of your arguments any favors right and pretty much any player who has a basic understanding of this game is laughing at you?

You do not understand the difference between single big hits and damage per second (I love when people bring up Warrior Greatsword 2. The skill has always been one of those skills which scales up the damage number done, while always having been a mediocre damage skill. Unfortunately not so smart players usually do not understand what that big number at the end means and how it translates into damage per second. It has been THE ONE defining example of people nut understanding game mechanics and the irony that you brought it up is great).

You do not understand the difference between group damage and solo damage. The entire meta setup for over 4 years has always been designed with 1 thought in mind: which skills bring the overall most damage (or use and utility) to the group. It is this sole approach which makes chronos, druids, firebrands and renegades bring quickness, fury, might and alacrity over pure damage. It's the reason why warriors bring banners and offhand maces (for cc) instead of personal damage skills. It's why a thief might bring Basiliks Venom over Thiefs Guild as elite.

You are the prime example of why arcdps is needed. So players who think they are way smarter and experienced than they are can use arcdps to actually improve. In your case a short trip to the damage golem would be sufficient though.

i showed you a 15k damage GS on a Vet solo with only 9 might and no vuln on that target and you raise the DPS card and "it's not about the maxed damage.."

GS 2 is part of DPS calculation am i brite? and with weapon reduction and might per crit hits GS2, what happens to DPS?

).

Warrior benchmarks at around 32.5k as damage dealer. Your Greatsword 2 would have to do 113,750 damage in those 3.5 seconds (3.5x 32.5k). That 15k single hit is useless information. A top performing warrior does twice that damage PER SECOND.

K, show me 113,750 and you and your gang wins this thread. hit a veteran guard, in wvwvw. no banners. GS 2 only..

you have 1 day to do that..

You do realize that we are talking about raid builds in PvE right. This is with the assumption that you will have max boons, vul and some other raid utilities. Of course nobody should use max dps build in wvw, do you know what forum you are on?

k.

B) B) B).V.. ..I..

Now I just kind of feel bad. I hope you think about this moment and reflect once you get out of school.

I don't prove myself to you. there are persons laughing at you atm (and even those people who are in remote mode)..

I don't think if you realize but there are different people with different age groups on the internet. I am currently way past the age of being bothered by a child's lies and tantrum. If you are not one, then I have to say drawing middle finger with emojis would have to be very terrible arguments indeed.

This is my last post and I hope you can look back to this conversation and reflect where it went wrong.

its not the middle finger. it's the roman numeral #6, surrounded by 34..

what went wrong? the usual: 1 vs many gang people.

it's one guy who doesn't use a third party app and many guys/(?) who uses a third party app..

and that's not rare. happens errday..

you're all about the numbers, indeed.

proven again. QED.

@zionophir.6845 said:

right?

k.

ok

and tactics - 3 - 3 -3

Right?

k.

big difference.

yfvAivM.jpg

right, as
um[e]?

yeah. it's bad yeah?

k.

what is 25 - 9 again?

WITHOUT BANNERS?

of course..

).

K, show me 113,750 and you and your gang wins this thread. hit a veteran guard, in wvwvw. no banners.

Watch that video. He breaks 100k damage displayed consistently with attacks which do not take 3.5 seconds.

I want you to DEmonstrate that to ME, since you're claiming 100k > 15k...

a screen shot can do.

DEADLINE: JUNE 2 8AMest

5 Minutes on the damage golem, not worth more of my time after setting up my warrior, Here:https://imgur.com/kYpo1GM66.3k Greatsword 2 combo (as I said, it's a mediocre dps skill)Given this number, the dps was around 19k for this 1 attack.

and here, your actual top damage skill under the exact same setup with just as much preparation (aka non at all):https://imgur.com/viAYgDE92.9k Axe 5 comboGiven this number, the dps was around 26.5k.

I specifically did not get any auto attacks in before to not alter the result. Both attacks have a 3.5 second duration.

EDIT: also no food buff used, but should not matter since both results were done under similar conditions.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

right?

k.

ok

and tactics - 3 - 3 -3

Right?

k.

big difference.

yfvAivM.jpg

right, as
um[e]?

yeah. it's bad yeah?

k.

what is 25 - 9 again?

WITHOUT BANNERS?

of course..

).

K, show me 113,750 and you and your gang wins this thread. hit a veteran guard, in wvwvw. no banners.

Watch that video. He breaks 100k damage displayed consistently with attacks which do not take 3.5 seconds.

a screen shot can do.

5 Minutes on the damage golem, not worth more of my time after setting up my warrior, Here:
66.3k Greatsword 2 combo (as I said, it's a mediocre dps skill)Given this number, the dps was around 19k for this 1 attack.

and here, your actual top damage skill under the exact same setup with just as much preparation (aka non at all):
92.9k Axe 5 comboGiven this number, the dps was around 26.5k.

I specifically did not get any auto attacks in before to not alter the result. Both attacks have a 3.5 second duration.

kill a veteran in wvwvw -> veteran guard camp = skill 2 GS (expose your boons and condis). last damage. must be hitting only the guard.

@zionophir.6845 said:

right?

k.

ok

and tactics - 3 - 3 -3

Right?

k.

big difference.

yfvAivM.jpg

right, as
um[e]?

yeah. it's bad yeah?

k.

what is 25 - 9 again?

WITHOUT BANNERS?

of course..

).

a screen shot can do.

5 Minutes on the damage golem, not worth more of my time after setting up my warrior, Here:
66.3k Greatsword 2 combo (as I said, it's a mediocre dps skill)Given this number, the dps was around 19k for this 1 attack.

and here, your actual top damage skill under the exact same setup with just as much preparation (aka non at all):

kill a veteran in wvwvw -> veteran guard camp = skill 2 GS (expose your boons and condis). last damage. must be hitting only the guard.

Right, go troll somewhere else.

@zionophir.6845 said:

right?

k.

ok

and tactics - 3 - 3 -3

Right?

k.

big difference.

yfvAivM.jpg

right, as
um[e]?

yeah. it's bad yeah?

k.

what is 25 - 9 again?

WITHOUT BANNERS?

of course..

).

a screen shot can do.

25 might with banners (berserker) and others. (golem stacked with some 25 vuln) [ETC]

and you're alone..

and that golem is not even a proper PvE/ PvP zone.

https://imgur.com/kYpo1GM

of course.

this was funny.

roll that in WvWvW. try it..

and show me throwing yourself in the middle of the zerg and auto-downing/or instakilling 5 people.

i want that same warrior that you shown..

this time i need a video.

@zionophir.6845 said:yeah, what just came out of this discussion with you is you assumed that a warrior's total DPS is only from Greatsword skill2.

Again you don't understand what the words DPS mean, now I'll try to break it for you for one final time.Your picture shows Damage, 15k damage in your highest attack.The benchmark for the Warrior is 33k AVERAGE damage after the golem dies.Now let's explain what AVERAGE means, it's just basic statistics. When you average damage you take multiple instances of damage (your 15k is only ONE of these), sum them, then divide them by the amount of time it took to kill the target. This gives you the average damage you did over that period of time, otherwise known as damage per second.If that confused you, have an example: if I did 330k damage over 10 seconds, my DPS is 33k. You did 15k with your highest damage attack, meaning even if you could only do that attack every second you'd get 15x10=150k total damage, which is still lower than the 330k total damage of the benchmark. You can't do that though because GS2 has a 3.5 second cast time, but let's keep it to primary school level math and not too complex.

And people say you don't learn new things on gaming forums.

Now, I asked you to go to the training area, fight the golem, and show us a picture of the damage per second. It's something anyone can do, it's not rocket science, so I'm not sure why you hesitate so much to just go do that and instead you throw insults at people who try to be polite.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@zionophir.6845 said:yeah, what just came out of this discussion with you is you assumed that a warrior's total DPS is only from Greatsword skill2.

Again you don't understand what the words DPS mean, now I'll try to break it for you for one final time.Your picture shows Damage, 15k damage in your highest attack.The benchmark for the Warrior is 33k AVERAGE damage after the golem dies.Now let's explain what AVERAGE means, it's just basic statistics. When you average damage you take multiple instances of damage (your 15k is only ONE of these), sum them, then divide them by the amount of time it took to kill the target. This gives you the average damage you did over that period of time, otherwise known as damage per second.If that confused you, have an example: if I did 330k damage over 10 seconds, my DPS is 33k. You did 15k with your highest damage attack, meaning even if you could only do that attack every second you'd get 15x10=150k total damage, which is still lower than the 330k total damage of the benchmark. You can't do that though because GS2 has a 3.5 second cast time, but let's keep it to primary school level math and not too complex.

And people say you don't learn new things on gaming forums.

Now, I asked you to go to the training area, fight the golem, and show us a picture of the damage per second. It's something anyone can do, it's not rocket science, so I'm not sure why you hesitate so much to just go do that and instead you throw insults at people who try to be polite.

yeah WHAT WAS THAT GOLEM? STANDING LIKE IT IS. IT IS NOT FIGHTING YOU.

TRY TO FUCKING FIGHT A GOLD CHAMP SOLO.

WHAT HAPPENS when a Gold Champ fights you and you are being damaged, you heal, you dodge AKA no damage..

@zionophir.6845 said:yeah WHAT WAS THAT GOLEM? STANDING LIKE IT IS. IT IS NOT FIGHTING YOU.

TRY TO kitten FIGHT A GOLD CHAMP SOLO.

WHAT HAPPENS when a Gold Champ fights you and you are being damaged, you heal, you dodge AKA no damage..

Who cares? The benchmark is on that golem and you claim you do great damage. Go prove it instead of throwing a tantrum.Also, gold champs? Really? I just killed the Green Guardian before Vale Guardian solo, that actually takes some skill, WVW champions are for toddlers.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@zionophir.6845 said:yeah WHAT WAS THAT GOLEM? STANDING LIKE IT IS. IT IS NOT FIGHTING YOU.

Who cares? The benchmark is on that golem and you claim you do great damage. Go prove it instead of throwing a tantrum.Also, gold champs? Really? I just killed the Green Guardian before Vale Guardian solo, that actually takes some skill, WVW champions are for toddlers.

back it up..

i know that you know that overgrown grub can be soloable..

@zionophir.6845 said:

back it up..

After you. Show us your actual dps first.

It's ironic that you ask someone to back something up even though you haven't backed ANYTHING you'ever posted in this thread.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

back it up..

After you. Show us your actual dps first.

you are claiming that you are pro in mathematics right? derive the components from that 15k skill 2 gs on a Vet in WvWvW (vet guard) without food and no vuln applied/9 might.

and from there calculate my DPS. you can even use arcdps for that (just remote it [this is much easier i think]).

@zionophir.6845 said:

right?

k.

ok

and tactics - 3 - 3 -3

Right?

k.

big difference.

yfvAivM.jpg

right, as
um[e]?

yeah. it's bad yeah?

k.

what is 25 - 9 again?

WITHOUT BANNERS?

of course..

).

a screen shot can do.

25 might with banners (berserker) and others. (golem stacked with some 25 vuln) [ETC]

and you're alone..

of course.

this was funny.

and show me throwing yourself in the middle of the zerg and auto-downing/or instakilling 5 people.

Small reminder, this thread is called: Your DPS is Trash

The thread is in the: Fractals, Dungeons, and Raids

The major points brought up were arcdps and how it affects pve.

If you want to argue WvW, you are in the wrong forum, in the wrong topic talking about the wrong addon.

@zionophir.6845 said:you are claiming that you are pro in mathematics right? derive the components from that 15k skill 2 gs on a Vet in WvWvW (vet guard) without food and no vuln applied/9 might.

and from there calculate my DPS. you can even use arcdps for that (just remote it [this is much easier i think]).

15k is from a single skill that doesn't show how much damage the rest of your skills do. So go and actually count it it's not really hard to do. Start to back up your claims.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

right?

k.

ok

and tactics - 3 - 3 -3

Right?

k.

big difference.

yfvAivM.jpg

right, as
um[e]?

yeah. it's bad yeah?

k.

what is 25 - 9 again?

WITHOUT BANNERS?

of course..

).

a screen shot can do.

and you're alone..

of course.

this was funny.

Small reminder, this thread is called:
Your DPS is Trash

The thread is in the:
Fractals, Dungeons, and Raids

The major points brought up were
arcdps and how it affects pve

If you want to argue WvW, you are in the wrong forum, in the wrong topic talking about the wrong addon.

well you prove your dps via hitting a non fighting legendary.

there are Gold Champs in towers/keeps , three champs even in EBG.

@zionophir.6845 said:

right?

k.

ok

and tactics - 3 - 3 -3

Right?

k.

big difference.

yfvAivM.jpg

right, as
um[e]?

yeah. it's bad yeah?

k.

what is 25 - 9 again?

WITHOUT BANNERS?

of course..

).

a screen shot can do.

and you're alone..

of course.

this was funny.

Small reminder, this thread is called:
Your DPS is Trash

The thread is in the:
Fractals, Dungeons, and Raids

The major points brought up were
arcdps and how it affects pve

well you prove your dps via hitting a non fighting legendary.

there are Gold Champs in towers/keeps , three champs even in EBG.

I prove my dps every week while full clearing wing 1-7 for pve. I don't care about my dps when I WvW because other factors are more important there. I am smart enough to understand that nothing in WvW has remotely any significance to PvE, especially since damage coeeficients in WvW are sometimes different. To even want to argue damage in PvE based on WvW damage numbers is beyond ridiculous.

You on the other hand have been derailing this thread with unconstructive dribble for the last few pages.

@zionophir.6845 said:

right?

k.

ok

and tactics - 3 - 3 -3

Right?

k.

big difference.

nice sarcasm on the axe but 30,000+ skill 2 GS with the boosts means the multiplying it by 5, what is the product? and that product can reflect what? the length that the boss will be killed?

we didn't even use the 4 weapon skills..

scan the Profession section of the forums and see what is the MAXIMUM damage can A CLASS possibly inflict...

so, ye?

That wasn't sarcasm. Whirling Axe easily breaks 100k total damage under all damage modifiers (which doesn't change the fact that the numbers popping up on your screen are irrelevant when it comes to actual DPS).

I did multiply your suggested build by 5, which results in the same DPS as 1 1/2 DPS do while you Hundred Blades, with your DPS dipping significantly afterwards, meaning 5 people running your build will do less DPS than a single person on a Meta Build.

Maybe you should just get Arc and see for yourself. This is exactly why we need such tools like DPS Meters.People like you joining groups bragging about how much damage they do while having no clue how the game works or how to play their characters, actually performing terribly, while then being toxic and getting defensive and hostile when called out on their ignorance.

@zionophir.6845 said:

right?

k.

ok

and tactics - 3 - 3 -3

Right?

k.

big difference.

yfvAivM.jpg

right, as
um[e]?

and arcdps will make you a pro player? it's akin to cheats that make a noob feel supremely pro..

sadly, just a feeling..

Now using Arc is like cheating? You are hilarious man.

Thank you for being a prime example of who is actually the toxic part of the community when it comes to casuals or raiders.You have a lot of people here as resource who are dying to educate you, but you can't help but get defensive and hostile, trying to defend your ignorance to the death.

I hope you'll learn someday, I wish you the best.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@zionophir.6845 said:you are claiming that you are pro in mathematics right? derive the components from that 15k skill 2 gs on a Vet in WvWvW (vet guard) without food and no vuln applied/9 might.

15k is from a single skill that doesn't show how much damage the rest of your skills do. So go and actually count it it's not really hard to do. Start to back up your claims.

15k skill 2 on a vet ~ 9 might. i have berserker stance (no condi/adren++), heal sig (+resistance). i don't equip the adrenaline gain when hit trait. might makes right, all zerks, when i hit crit, i gain might (GS cooldown reduction) (trait/sigil). rune of the eagle, balanced stance (traited/stance length++) stun breakers (endure pain/balanced stance[traits]+skills]..

now do your wonders and ESTIMATE my DPS with ALL THAT FACTORS.

@zionophir.6845 said:

15k skill 2 on a vet ~ 9 might. i have berserker stance (no condi/adren++), heal sig (+resistance). i don't equip the adrenaline gain when hit trait. might makes right, all zerks, when i hit crit, i gain might (trait/sigil). rune of the eagle, balanced stance (traited/stance length++) stun breakers (endure pain/balanced stance[traits]+skills]..

now do your wonder and ESTIMATE my DPS with ALL THAT FACTORS.

Those aren't the factors. I still don't know how much damage your GS 1 does. I still don't know your critical chance to calculate how many hits will be normal hits instead of critical hits. I still don't know if you can maintain those 9 stacks of might. The only person that can show us the dps is you, you have the tools and the ability to do so. Now only reason you aren't doing it is because you are scared of the results.

Back up your claims.

@Asum.4960 said:

right?

k.

ok

and tactics - 3 - 3 -3

Right?

k.

big difference.

nice sarcasm on the axe but 30,000+ skill 2 GS with the boosts means the multiplying it by 5, what is the product? and that product can reflect what? the length that the boss will be killed?

we didn't even use the 4 weapon skills..

scan the Profession section of the forums and see what is the MAXIMUM damage can A CLASS possibly inflict...

so, ye?

That wasn't sarcasm. Whirling Axe easily breaks 100k total damage under all damage modifiers (which doesn't change the fact that the numbers popping up on your screen are irrelevant when it comes to actual DPS).

I did multiply your suggested build by 5, which results in the same DPS as 1 1/2 DPS do while you Hundred Blades, with your DPS dipping significantly afterwards, meaning 5 people running your build will do less DPS than a single person on a Meta Build.

Maybe you should just get Arc and see for yourself. This is exactly why we need such tools like DPS Meters.People like you joining groups bragging about how much damage they do while having no clue how the game works or how to play their characters, actually performing terribly, while then being toxic and getting defensive and hostile when called out on their ignorance.

right?

k.

ok

and tactics - 3 - 3 -3

Right?

k.

big difference.

yfvAivM.jpg

right, as
um[e]?

and arcdps will make you a pro player? it's akin to cheats that make a noob feel supremely pro..

sadly, just a feeling..

Now using Arc is like cheating? You are hilarious man.

Thank you for being a prime example of who is actually the toxic part of the community when it comes to casuals or raiders.You have a lot of people here as resource who are dying to educate you, but you can't help but get defensive and hostile, trying to defend your ignorance to the death.

I hope you'll learn someday, I wish you the best.

now you're calling me TOXIC? wat the hell is that rhetoric. comedy rhetoric perhaps.

read my stance on arcdps. and what do i do sometimes in PvE? pugging.

do i use arcdps? no and never. and you are calling me TOXIC?

the hell this is why RAIDS cannot be pugged because of you. you sell them and you force them to use arcdps.

and YOU ARE CALLING ME TOXIC?

did my Toxicity overwrote your Toxicity?

@zionophir.6845 said:

15k skill 2 on a vet ~ 9 might. i have berserker stance (no condi/adren++), heal sig (+resistance). i don't equip the adrenaline gain when hit trait. might makes right, all zerks, when i hit crit, i gain might (trait/sigil). rune of the eagle, balanced stance (traited/stance length++) stun breakers (endure pain/balanced stance[traits]+skills]..

now do your wonder and ESTIMATE my DPS with ALL THAT FACTORS.

Dps stands for damage per second and is often measured in damage Y over time index T.

A single hit from a skill which goes on cooldown (and thus is not available again) and without knowledge of the remaining rotation used and how well it is executed as well as setup of the character is literally impossible by definition.

But sure, given all the information provided your dps for the first 11.5 seconds is as follows:0-3.5 seconds: 4.28k3.5-7 seconds: 2.14k (since Greatsword 2 is on cooldown and you did not specify which skills you use)8-11.5 seconds: 2.6k

@"zionophir.6845" said:now you're calling me TOXIC? wat the hell is that rhetoric. comedy rhetoric perhaps.

read my stance on arcdps. and what do i do sometimes in PvE? pugging.

do i use arcdps? no and never. and you are calling me TOXIC?

the hell this is why RAIDS cannot be pugged because of you. you sell them and you force them to use arcdps.

and YOU ARE CALLING ME TOXIC?

did my Toxicity overwrote your Toxicity?

I mean, you are proving my point with these baseless accusations.

Using or not using ArcDPS has nothing to do with being toxic, it's just a tool.Raids can be pugged perfectly fine and I have done so plenty myself. I also never kept anyone else from pugging, nor have I ever kicked someone from Raids.I have never sold a Raid clear, and never forced anyone to use ArcDPS.

Anything else?

You are being incredibly defensive and hostile, while multiple veteran players who clearly know more about the game than you are trying to educate you with supreme patience.If you weren't so hell bent on having an enemy in those "evil toxic Raiders and their DPS Meters", you could actually learn a thing, improve and have fun doing that content yourself, instead of attacking those trying to help you.People with your attitude do more damage to this game and it's community than Raids, raiders or DPS Meter's ever could.

@HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

@Carcharoth Lucian.1378 said:Well information collected by arcdps is not private in the first place, so there is no point to hide it.

But if you don't want ppl to look at your dps, don't join the more demanding parties in fractals and raids. Like others said there are plenty of chill parties in fractals for example.

It is definitely not my data, you are correct about that, it is 100% property of ANet. The question is, was it really necessary to spread the data out, readable for everyone else?

I avoid Raids, Fractals and sadly even Dungeons nowadays. I do not want to discuss my performance with other people in places where peak performance is not required. We had this topic on the boards plenty of times as well. I cannot force anyone to not use the tool, so I skip the content that attracts players who use the tool. I do guild-runs, when they ask for help. But no pug-runs..@Mordayn.6198 said:So i really liked @HnRkLnXqZ.1870 idea about being able to select your dps be hidden from Arc. I wonder if that's something that can be done on the Arcdps side or if it's something that anet would have to implement. Based on the Website info.

how does it work
arcdps hooks client network data before it is overwritten (among other helper functions), making it not user agreement friendly.however, in the feb 2017 ama, arenanet has granted 3rd party tools permission to collect and display combat stats via means previously not allowed.these are runtime modifications only, no changes are made to files on disk.

To add some sources (and maybe come back to the main subject) :By Chris Cleary (GM Shazbot) :https://twitter.com/Shazbawt/status/905910888573673473https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/66m13h/anet_this_really_should_be_part_of_the_game/dgjwapj/ (his reddit account was deleted since)