Your DPS is Trash

@"zionophir.6845" said:

yeah, you show a video of 5 players and seeing a warrior that has a banner and conclude that everyone does the same..

what a comedian you are. go apply in a comedy bar..

No, I do not. I am very well aware that countless people in Guild Wars 2 play their characters in a suboptimal way. However one thing I do believe is this: People throwing shade on meta builds while propping up their own creations with nothing but personal experience achieve a remarkable feat of preposterous logic. Even more impressive when they dismiss tools like arcdps because "with the max damage gear, skills and traits you know you are doing max damage". I venture to guess someone like that hasn't even been to the training golem, as the requirement to believing the above statement has to be the ignorance of one's own level of performance as well as the performance ceiling. They cannot come to a correct conclusion since they choose to ponder on a fraction of the relevant information. How can someone like that hope to objectively contribute to a discussion? Perhaps by stating the obvious? After all, a token gesture is better than no gesture at all.I have to congratulate you for your ingenuity. Anybody could have answered my question regarding their raid experience but you have gone ahead and made a judgement of my character instead. In that, I hope that I have entertained you as well as your first few posts in this thread have entertained me.

@Mordayn.6198 said:So i really liked @HnRkLnXqZ.1870 idea about being able to select your dps be hidden from Arc. I wonder if that's something that can be done on the Arcdps side or if it's something that anet would have to implement. Based on the Website info.

how does it workarcdps hooks client network data before it is overwritten (among other helper functions), making it not user agreement friendly.however, in the feb 2017 ama, arenanet has granted 3rd party tools permission to collect and display combat stats via means previously not allowed.these are runtime modifications only, no changes are made to files on disk.

It's nothing arc can do until arena.net releases an api for dps meters. Arc doesn't use a server to share data like bgdm did so there is no way arc knows who wants to share his stuff. Api would solve the problem but that would take dev ressources which they don't want to spend. This would also make it much easier to write a dmg meter and have some competition to arc. Not everyone wants to reverse engineer.

@BRNBRITO.9624 said:Never seen toxicity towards low dps on raids/fractals unless they were SEVERELY underperforming, and i mean consistently doing minstrel druid levels of dps while also having terrible positioning AND messing up mechanics, been in many runs with terrible boon uptime as well (like <50% quickness <20% alacrity) and almost never see supports get called out as well cause most of the time people just wanna get it done with.

Every now and then someone will ask 'hey why are boon uptimes/your dps so low' and they'll just reply with 'i play however i want with my build, i've done this encounter many times so i know what im doing and im not downing so its not my fault etcetc...'.

I still often see chronos who will wait 3 clones to do CS rotation, cast like 1 well per minute and still do 1k dps, like... how?

Kill speed is not the only thing that dictates skill but it surely is one of the factors for me at least, high dps means you can skip A LOT of mechanics on pretty much all encounters, thus, reducing pressure on everybody.Thing is most people not only do low damage/bad support but also have really low awareness of what's going on and/or slow reaction time, or think they're contributing a lot with their own builds when actually they're not.If you're aware of your/other people mechanics, react fast to everything and adapt on the fly, and still keep top-tier dps under pressure/not optimal situations then i'm sure you must have at least some skill.

yh the thing is, people that come and bitch/whine here about toxicity and saying people are mean cause their low dps ALWAYS forget to tell the true story, they don't bother telling they fucked up and caused a wipe, they don't bother to tell they actually joined an exp group and faked their li/kp (which happens often). in 1.7k LI the only times I saw people being mean towards low dps is when they're literally below half the normal dps the rest is doing, but when you point that out they all ignore it and keep refusing to accept the fact actual raiders aren't toxic but just fed up with this type of players that doesn't want to put in the effort and basically wants to get a free carry wo paying for it.

And just look at this thread all the people that are against arcDPS are people that didn't do cm's or raids more than once or twice and then gave up.

Actually that's not true. I run Arc myself and do decent DPS because i use it to tune my rotations. It's made me a better player for sure. The issue isn't the tool itself, it's how a subset of the player base use it to be toxic. You may not have seen it before but in pugs there are toxic players that will trash talk players for getting even 2k - 5k less dps than similar dps players. Some groups will even instant kick lowest DPS players on a single pull and don't even investigate why they were low. I think an option to hide dps from other users is a good idea. It allows people to do what they've already been doing to optimize their dps but also gives players that don't want to deal with toxic players a way to opt out. The point is really finding a way to mitigate toxic behaviors the tool is being used to promote. The Arc website says as the first part of the how to use it "don't be a kitten". If more people did that we wouldn't even be discussing this.

BTW, 2 sets of legendary gear made and at least 5 raid full achievements and CMs completed.

The main point is that Arc is a tool being used by some but not all players to promote toxic behaviors which is bad for the game mode. We're already struggling to maintain raiders and the pug scene is dwindling. A lot of first time new raiders have bad experiences due to this kind of stuff and don't stick with the game mode because of it.

@Mordayn.6198 said:Actually that's not true. I run Arc myself and do decent DPS because i use it to tune my rotations. It's made me a better player for sure. The issue isn't the tool itself, it's how a subset of the player base use it to be toxic. You may not have seen it before but in pugs there are toxic players that will trash talk players for getting even 2k - 5k less dps than similar dps players. Some groups will even instant kick lowest DPS players on a single pull and don't even investigate why they were low.

It happens. Just ignore them and go in others groups.

I think an option to hide dps from other users is a good idea. It allows people to do what they've already been doing to optimize their dps but also gives players that don't want to deal with toxic players a way to opt out. The point is really finding a way to mitigate toxic behaviors the tool is being used to promote. The Arc website says as the first part of the how to use it "don't be a kitten". If more people did that we wouldn't even be discussing this.

I will requote myself :

@Carcharoth Lucian.1378 said:

@HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:As far as I understood the dps meters functionality, it collects data of players which are already accessible. Can we have a privacy checkbox in our options?

Something likeO Allow other players to read out your combat log. (or what ever the meter uses)

The meter will not be touched, but the players can decide if they want to participate in the madness or not. And if you are monitoring your groups dps and do not get data of a single participant, you can ask them politely to check the box.

Man, that's actually a great idea. I wonder how hard it would be for them to implement something like that. That would allow you to be able to still see your own dps but other players wouldn't if you choose not to have it visible, letting the tool exist for what it's meant for but being able to take the part that facilitates toxic behavior away if you chose to.

To be fair, if you hide it in exp party, you would just kick almost instantly because it would mean that you have something to hide like a very bad dps as dps class... even if it's not the case.. so the toxic behavior would be worse than now.

@Mordayn.6198 said:BTW, 2 sets of legendary gear made and at least 5 raid full achievements and CMs completed.

The main point is that Arc is a tool being used by some but not all players to promote toxic behaviors which is bad for the game mode. We're already struggling to maintain raiders and the pug scene is dwindling. A lot of first time new raiders have bad experiences due to this kind of stuff and don't stick with the game mode because of it.

Arcdps doesn't promote toxic behaviors. This problem exist since dungeons speedclears : it is a people issue. I don't think you want to return to the time where ppl kick someone based on AP or just class used...These problems will always be here, at least for "difficult content".

@zionophir.6845 said:

@neven.3785 said:In the past it was possible with one of the common DPS meters used. Also range check that told.you how many enemies are nearby. I left a guild I was a long time member of because they started interrogating members over specific slotted gear pieces or a minor trait choice. I wasn't the target but I'm of firm opinion that it was not how to run a guild especially since it violated terms of service. Other ways to git gud without such tools.

There is a reason those tools where banned and Arc was not. Not sure how that's relevant now.

@zionophir.6845 said:so does arcdps dictate your "Rotation"?

of course you don't just 1111111 the Violet Boss Right? assuming that you've played a single class for how many, 7 years, you don't just 111111 right? there are 9 other skills, right?

and you can even not copy a build using a website and discover by yourselves that there are higher damage build customizations other than the meta builds in the website..

i can just bring a warrior without banners and still damage is still high... its called "traits for weapon/skill cooldown reduction.."

right?

I'm not quite sure what your point here is.Arc doesn't dictate rotations, it simply let's you check if you or others are performing them up to standard and assists in the creation of them by providing feedback.

Plenty of skills reduce DPS due to cast times or aftercasts. It's not just not pressing 1. Additionally a lot of DPS builds utilize combos/burst windows, aka creating damage modifiers and then using as many of the highest damage skills available as possible in them.If you don't know the rotation, there is plenty you can do wrong.

The builds and rotations that are on those sites are there because they are the highest DPS achievable to current knowledge.If you came up with something higher, feel free to let the rest of us know.

Bringing Banners is a DPS sacrifice Warriors make to increase Squad DPS, which is all that matters.So yes, not taking Banners should not only result in "still" high personal DPS, but higher.Personal DPS isn't strictly what you take a Banner Warrior for though.

Again, not sure what the point is you are trying to make.

k.

assuming that you bring the Strength and Discipline banners

4 attributes gets to +100..

ok

compare that to berserker stance, which when used will make your adren full (try to know if how many times) and balanced stance (coz if you got CCed by the boss equals no damage). and traits that lengthen the stances (so more fast adrenaline recharge). Berserker Stance will make any conditions on you useless too. (Blind, Weakness, anything that can kitten or prevent damage)

now go to the weapons = reduced recharge means weapon skill is almost being used everytime, yes? make your main weapons (GS/whatever) have reduced recharge

and tactics - 3 - 3 -3

and since your weapon is GS and you slotted the GS cooldown reduction, you have access to Might Makes Right?

Right?

so now compare Berserker Stance + Balanced Stance (on a stance duration increase) versus Str and Disc Banners

and yeah, if the boss is condi heavy inflicting damage gimping/prevention, +400 on the attributes, even when it's shared, is almost incomparable/useless coz your constant uninterrupted damage became 0 with the Bosses condis..

You genuinely have no idea what the role of the Banner Warrior is.

4000 Squad wide Attributes with Banners + 500 from EA, in part needed to crit cap all your DPS's, as well as the CC from Mace/Mace is the main reason to bring pBS to Raids.

If you get constantly CC'ed or are afflicted with Weakness for a substantial amount of time, I a) am not sure what boss that is supposed to be and b) your supports suck.

In terms of Squad DPS and Utility, yes, your suggested build pales in comparison.Making a build that has higher personal DPS as a Banner Warrior is a no brainer, since Banner Warrior isn't strictly a DPS...

k.

you're talking about raids.

im talking about fractals/dungeons.

big difference.

I don't think you know what you are talking about.In Fractals your group even more so relies on you as Warrior to play Mace/Mace as primary CC together with the Renegade, with Axe/Axe being superior for DPS.You won't use that GS unless you know there won't be any Breakbars in the upcoming encounters.For Stab and condi cleanse, again, run a supFB. Together with the Rev being able to swap to Jalis, you will have more Stab than you'll ever need, freeing you to take Banners, which still are a valuable stat increase in 5 man content.

@zionophir.6845 said:and pugging/joining on the fly in raids is fake news. raid guilds sell them.

The fact that there are some raid sellers doesn't mean people aren't pugging Raids, what's your point?

@zionophir.6845 said:and if raid guilds say you must bring banner, you have no choice..

while banner on 5 people is almost negligible.. if all of you have skills that do not kitten your damage, IN ANY WAY...

It's less negligible than everything else you could bring.If you are neither bringing Banners nor Mace/Mace, then there is little reason to bring a pWarrior.

the max damage that i inflict to a Gold Champion boss with GS skill 2 alone, with all the skill boosters (no item booster) like might and vulnerability maxed is 30,000++

so you now know why i am advocating traiting Weapon Cooldown Reduction..

And Axe 5 can do over 100k damage.Not sure what that has to do with anything though...

Considering Hundred Blades has a cast time of 3.5 seconds without quickness and you are doing 30k damage with it, then congratulations, you are contributing less than 9k DPS.

@zionophir.6845 said:in a fractals party, if you spec your character to do 30,000 damage just using 1 skill and self-sustaining, and the other 4 do the same, sharing might and constant @ 25, resistance, stab, inflicting vulnerability, etc.. what do you think will happen?

i asked an oracle about this and she said, "Done in 5 minutes.." she speaks metaphors..

anyway, this is different from rAIDS, where damage is scaled coz you're so many there..

Again, not how DPS works.Your party of 5 would do less DPS at peak times than 1 1/2 DPS of a META group.

There is this program I can highly recommend called ArcDPS, which can greatly help you check your actual performance in terms of DPS, assisting you in improving as player.

For the larger debate going on about how prevalent toxicity is, whether dps meters are good, etc. I just want to say, this all comes down to the same fundamental issue which has been present for years. The number one thing you can do to improve your gw2 experience is grouping up with similarly minded players. Some players just want to clear content, and some are striving for something harder (low manning, speed clearing, world records etc). When your pugging, it is absolutely essential that you join groups that match your own expectations, this means reading the lfg, understanding the terminology, and joining based on whether or not you fit the description. Additionally, it is absolutely essential to post accurate descriptive LFGs, including descriptors like 'chill t4s need chrono' or 'cms + t4s, need Experienced dps' helps everyone coordinate this.

If casual players only played with casual players, none of them would be afraid of hardcore players criticizing their dps based on a dps meter, because it just wouldn't happen. Additionally, if only hardcore players play with hardcore players, they will never get frustrated by teammates who don't meet their expectations.

And finally ultimately. Everyone should try to network. If you like your teammates, add them to your friends list, invite them to your guild, play with them again. Grouping up with similarly minded players is the number one thing you can do to avoid all these issues. Gw2 is a completely different game once you stop treating it as a single player game with some other players, and treat it as the massive multiplayer experience it is designed to be.

@Asum.4960 said:

@neven.3785 said:In the past it was possible with one of the common DPS meters used. Also range check that told.you how many enemies are nearby. I left a guild I was a long time member of because they started interrogating members over specific slotted gear pieces or a minor trait choice. I wasn't the target but I'm of firm opinion that it was not how to run a guild especially since it violated terms of service. Other ways to git gud without such tools.

There is a reason those tools where banned and Arc was not. Not sure how that's relevant now.

of course you don't just 1111111 the Violet Boss Right? assuming that you've played a single class for how many, 7 years, you don't just 111111 right? there are 9 other skills, right?

and you can even not copy a build using a website and discover by yourselves that there are higher damage build customizations other than the meta builds in the website..

i can just bring a warrior without banners and still damage is still high... its called "traits for weapon/skill cooldown reduction.."

right?

I'm not quite sure what your point here is.Arc doesn't dictate rotations, it simply let's you check if you or others are performing them up to standard and assists in the creation of them by providing feedback.

Plenty of skills reduce DPS due to cast times or aftercasts. It's not just not pressing 1. Additionally a lot of DPS builds utilize combos/burst windows, aka creating damage modifiers and then using as many of the highest damage skills available as possible in them.If you don't know the rotation, there is plenty you can do wrong.

The builds and rotations that are on those sites are there because they are the highest DPS achievable to current knowledge.If you came up with something higher, feel free to let the rest of us know.

Bringing Banners is a DPS sacrifice Warriors make to increase Squad DPS, which is all that matters.So yes, not taking Banners should not only result in "still" high personal DPS, but higher.Personal DPS isn't strictly what you take a Banner Warrior for though.

k.

ok

compare that to berserker stance, which when used will make your adren full (try to know if how many times) and balanced stance (coz if you got CCed by the boss equals no damage). and traits that lengthen the stances (so more fast adrenaline recharge). Berserker Stance will make any conditions on you useless too. (Blind, Weakness, anything that can kitten or prevent damage)

now go to the weapons = reduced recharge means weapon skill is almost being used everytime, yes? make your main weapons (GS/whatever) have reduced recharge

and tactics - 3 - 3 -3

and since your weapon is GS and you slotted the GS cooldown reduction, you have access to Might Makes Right?

Right?

so now compare Berserker Stance + Balanced Stance (on a stance duration increase) versus Str and Disc Banners

and yeah, if the boss is condi heavy inflicting damage gimping/prevention, +400 on the attributes, even when it's shared, is almost incomparable/useless coz your constant uninterrupted damage became 0 with the Bosses condis..

4000 Squad wide Attributes with Banners + 500 from EA, in part needed to crit cap all your DPS's, as well as the CC from Mace/Mace is the main reason to bring pBS to Raids.

If you get constantly CC'ed or are afflicted with Weakness for a substantial amount of time, I a) am not sure what boss that is supposed to be and b) your supports suck.

In terms of Squad DPS and Utility, yes, your suggested build pales in comparison.Making a build that has higher personal DPS as a Banner Warrior is a no brainer, since Banner Warrior isn't strictly a DPS...

k.

big difference.

I don't think you know what you are talking about.In Fractals your group even more so relies on you as Warrior to play Mace/Mace as primary CC together with the Renegade, with Axe/Axe being superior for DPS.You won't use that GS unless you know there won't be any Breakbars in the upcoming encounters.For Stab and condi cleanse, again, run a supFB. Together with the Rev being able to swap to Jalis, you will have more Stab than you'll ever need, freeing you to take Banners, which still are a valuable stat increase in 5 man content.

@zionophir.6845 said:and pugging/joining on the fly in raids is fake news. raid guilds sell them.

The fact that there are some raid sellers doesn't mean people aren't pugging Raids, what's your point?

@zionophir.6845 said:and if raid guilds say you must bring banner, you have no choice..

while banner on 5 people is almost negligible.. if all of you have skills that do not kitten your damage, IN ANY WAY...

It's less negligible than everything else you could bring.If you are neither bringing Banners nor Mace/Mace, then there is little reason to bring a pWarrior.

the max damage that i inflict to a Gold Champion boss with GS skill 2 alone, with all the skill boosters (no item booster) like might and vulnerability maxed is 30,000++

And Axe 5 can do over 100k damage.Not sure what that has to do with anything though...

Considering Hundred Blades has a cast time of 3.5 seconds without quickness and you are doing 30k damage with it, then congratulations, you are contributing less than 9k DPS.

@zionophir.6845 said:in a fractals party, if you spec your character to do 30,000 damage just using 1 skill and self-sustaining, and the other 4 do the same, sharing might and constant @ 25, resistance, stab, inflicting vulnerability, etc.. what do you think will happen?

i asked an oracle about this and she said, "Done in 5 minutes.." she speaks metaphors..

anyway, this is different from rAIDS, where damage is scaled coz you're so many there..

Again, not how DPS works.Your party of 5 would do less DPS at peak times than 1 1/2 DPS of a META group.

There is this program I can highly recommend called ArcDPS, which can greatly help you check your actual performance in terms of DPS, assisting you in improving as player.

This.

The question though is: is it really worth arguing with someone who does not even understand how damage is displayed in this game? I mean that's even below understanding game mechanics. Just let him be Asum. Some people are to far out to reach.

@Cyninja.2954 said:This.

The question though is: is it really worth arguing with someone who does not even understand how damage is displayed in this game? I mean that's even below understanding game mechanics. Just let him be Asum. Some people are to far out to reach.

Agreed. It seems he just ignore what we say and don't want to understand how dps works.

Its because of the core design of this game, the developers believe disabling your character is the best way to slow your dps rotation on boss encounters. Then you have folks that do not take that into consideration and blow their top about your personal dps. Dps meters are a nice tool to make personal improvements, but it can also be abused by players.

I think I'll always be for DPS meters because if they were removed now we would go back to more class bias and actively asking you to ping properly stats on gear, just like before when the Dungeon meta was around.

It's a community problem for the toxicity, if you get a bad roll with a specific group, block them, move on. If you start running into more than your fair share of groups telling you to stop underperforming, it might very well be a 'you' issue. You are hard pressed to find 10 or more random strangers in a day telling you that you are doing low damage unless you are actually doing low damage.

@HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:As far as I understood the dps meters functionality, it collects data of players which are already accessible. Can we have a privacy checkbox in our options?

Something likeO Allow other players to read out your combat log. (or what ever the meter uses)

The meter will not be touched, but the players can decide if they want to participate in the madness or not. And if you are monitoring your groups dps and do not get data of a single participant, you can ask them politely to check the box.

Wouldnt change nothing. If that was the case, people would just kick every1 who wouldnt have it checked. In the end more time loss for all.

@Moona.6327 said:Its because of the core design of this game, the developers believe disabling your character is the best way to slow your dps rotation on boss encounters. Then you have folks that do not take that into consideration and blow their top about your personal dps. Dps meters are a nice tool to make personal improvements, but it can also be abused by players.

We talked about this in the other thread, your group did the Cairn mechanic wrong. The proper way for a new group to approach it is to have a kiter to tank all the knock down shards. There is no boss that constantly spam cc unless you did something incredibly wrong which is happened to your group.

Might I be frank, at least from a fractal perspective?

Last time I did fractals if I recall it takes a run a level in order to progress through them. So the factor there is that as you repeat in a day, a week, so forth, you get AR as well as familiarity with the groups you go with.

So my question is, largely this:

Is there really an issue with people doing T4s after 70+ runs in fractals easily and not finding out they need certain gear comps?

Maybe the growth in difficulty isn't there from the lower Tiers. Just a few thoughts.

there are group of people who are genuinely there to help or accept how other players play, there are also a group of people enjoy insulting others .. you might want to check if it is really your dps that is really bad then you can work on improving it or otherwise play support role instead. imo this game isn't hard at all, if you have spend enough time researching the role and profession and what to do etc, you can only improve as time goes, there are these group of people who will continue to make it difficult for you doesn't matter what, anet can not do much about it. if it is raid or fractal, join a raid/fractal guild to play if you cant thicken your skin. because I am sure you can find a good guild that can take you in and learn together. when I lead in raid, I kick those toxic player out. as soon as I see he pick on someone, he is out.

@Warscythes.9307 said:

@Mysticjedi.6053 said:DPS meters are good for groups who want to clear content fast because they either;A. Think speed equals skillB. Have a limited okay window and want to go through materials they have already done for the joy of it, without teaching it

Typically I look for semi exp groups when I have plenty of time and don't care as I do not expect them to use DPS meters. I like for exp. groups when I am in a rush and expect my DOS to be monitored.

If you are concerned about not hitting benchmarks play Druid, Healbrand, or Chrono. Their dogs sucks, but that isn't why they brought. Just keep everyone else alive and boon'd up and life is good.

Or my favorite, a condi minion reaper who specializes in breakbar-breaking, boon-stripping, and being alive long enough to rally (or even revive) other teammates. He has miserable DPS (except in end-case situations where he switches to greatsword.) But, interrupting Ensolyss in his big windup is SUCH a great feeling that I really don't care what others think about my DPS. Or, my all-time favorite: killing Firestorm while downed and all of the other four players are defeated. But, that only happened once. Interrupting Ensolyss happens more frequently.

See the issue here is that you can play a power reaper, do exactly the same thing and do double the dps. In fact a power reaper would actually be better at breakbars because you don't actually need to use executioner's scythe for damage, you can just save it for cc bars. The only advantage I would see is epi and range damage but considering you are saying that you are doing miserable damage, I don't think that's helping much here. I think not understanding how some builds and skills work is the issue here. Plenty of classes can instant break cc bars, that is not good enough because you need to do damage and break bars, that's what the role is called no? A dps. If you want to play off meta builds like condi reaper then be my guest, but understanding the limitations of classes and builds is incredibly important to understanding the game.

I only occasionally use the scythe for cc. I have five cc on my main skill bar, and either two or three boon-strips (depending on the instabilities and bosses).

@Daddicus.6128 said:

@Mysticjedi.6053 said:DPS meters are good for groups who want to clear content fast because they either;A. Think speed equals skillB. Have a limited okay window and want to go through materials they have already done for the joy of it, without teaching it

Typically I look for semi exp groups when I have plenty of time and don't care as I do not expect them to use DPS meters. I like for exp. groups when I am in a rush and expect my DOS to be monitored.

If you are concerned about not hitting benchmarks play Druid, Healbrand, or Chrono. Their dogs sucks, but that isn't why they brought. Just keep everyone else alive and boon'd up and life is good.

Or my favorite, a condi minion reaper who specializes in breakbar-breaking, boon-stripping, and being alive long enough to rally (or even revive) other teammates. He has miserable DPS (except in end-case situations where he switches to greatsword.) But, interrupting Ensolyss in his big windup is SUCH a great feeling that I really don't care what others think about my DPS. Or, my all-time favorite: killing Firestorm while downed and all of the other four players are defeated. But, that only happened once. Interrupting Ensolyss happens more frequently.

See the issue here is that you can play a power reaper, do exactly the same thing and do double the dps. In fact a power reaper would actually be better at breakbars because you don't actually need to use executioner's scythe for damage, you can just save it for cc bars. The only advantage I would see is epi and range damage but considering you are saying that you are doing miserable damage, I don't think that's helping much here. I think not understanding how some builds and skills work is the issue here. Plenty of classes can instant break cc bars, that is not good enough because you need to do damage and break bars, that's what the role is called no? A dps. If you want to play off meta builds like condi reaper then be my guest, but understanding the limitations of classes and builds is incredibly important to understanding the game.

I only occasionally use the scythe for cc. I have five cc on my main skill bar, and either two or three boon-strips (depending on the instabilities and bosses).

Right, however if you are playing a condi reaper, you absolutely have to use scythe 5 to put down the ice field and spin on it for the majority of your damage. A power reaper doesn't need to do that. You just need to shroud 4 and auto until soul barb is up and you can hop out. That is why power reaper is better at break bars because a huge part of your damage is not locked behind one of your cc skills.

Proper condi reaper setup would be gs + scepter/dagger, BIP, epi, shadow fiend, golem/plague. A typical power reaper setup is gs + axe/warhorn, well of suffering, signet of spite, shadow fiend, golem. Power reaper actually has 1 more breakbar skill due to using warhorn and condi reaper losing plague for golem is a huge damage decrease. Condi reaper has strip on scepter 3 while power reaper has axe 3. This again actually makes power reaper better at stripping in general as well because condi reaper has to use scepter 3 for damage while power reaper never uses axe 3 unless is for stripping. Yes one skill strips 2 and one strip 3, but that almost never matters not to mention axe 3 is aoe. If you want to talk about skills like corrupt boon, power reaper can just swap out shadow fiend for it too.

This is why power reaper is just better in pretty much every way. Your greatest advantage comes from epi and range damage. However it is incredibly difficult to leverage those advantages as power reaper can just pull with spectral grasp and nuke everything down before you can press the epi button, range damage is incredibly niche as well due to stacking and how well power reaper survives thanks to soul eater. You are giving up way too much for very little gain.

Now again I would like to say once again that yes condi reaper is playable, but it is a mediocre build at the very best and incredibly bad at the very worst due to the strict rotation and general difficulty in manipulating the combo field. Even if you can do it perfectly, is still not going to catch up to power reaper especially in fractals.

@Sykper.6583 said:Might I be frank, at least from a fractal perspective?

Last time I did fractals if I recall it takes a run a level in order to progress through them. So the factor there is that as you repeat in a day, a week, so forth, you get AR as well as familiarity with the groups you go with.

So my question is, largely this:

Is there really an issue with people doing T4s after 70+ runs in fractals easily and not finding out they need certain gear comps?

Maybe the growth in difficulty isn't there from the lower Tiers. Just a few thoughts.

well skyper, with t4.. as for myself I don't care who and what it is in the group.. depending on the map, if we can have good buff such as quickness, fury, might and regen. it helps with smoother run. there shouldn't be a limit or restriction on which profession and what build to take but at least theres some balance of team to pull off a good team work in a non messy way. CM in particular, it has more mechanic to deal with hence people go with the Meta but of course if you have a guild mates to go with, theres always nice to have variety of profession mix for a non-meta balance.as your question for is it really an issue for people not finding their certain gear comps.. yes and no.. but largely the general pug is yes as Meta always win in a pug situation.

@"Mordayn.6198" said:Actually that's not true. I run Arc myself and do decent DPS because i use it to tune my rotations. It's made me a better player for sure. The issue isn't the tool itself, it's how a subset of the player base use it to be toxic. You may not have seen it before but in pugs there are toxic players that will trash talk players for getting even 2k - 5k less dps than similar dps players. Some groups will even instant kick lowest DPS players on a single pull and don't even investigate why they were low. I think an option to hide dps from other users is a good idea. It allows people to do what they've already been doing to optimize their dps but also gives players that don't want to deal with toxic players a way to opt out. The point is really finding a way to mitigate toxic behaviors the tool is being used to promote. The Arc website says as the first part of the how to use it "don't be a kitten". If more people did that we wouldn't even be discussing this.

BTW, 2 sets of legendary gear made and at least 5 raid full achievements and CMs completed.

I mean 2k is okay, but if you near 5k less you're basically 15-30% less on most bosses. If you take dhuum for example you're nearing 33-50% less. So yes ~2k loss/diff can be cause of mechanics but on vast majority of the bosses being 5k+ below other dps means you're pulling them down.

Idek if image shows, but was a 250li+ kc i ran on sunday as power BS, the lowest dps was 5k below me, but in reality ALL should've been 2-8k above me. so yeh if we wiped it was 100% the fault of the dps players not being able to properly play their class on a golem boss where you don't get cucked with random mechanics.https://prnt.sc/o91ycc

@Asum.4960 said:

right?

k.

ok

and tactics - 3 - 3 -3

Right?

k.

big difference.

nice sarcasm on the axe but 30,000+ skill 2 GS with the boosts means the multiplying it by 5, what is the product? and that product can reflect what? the length that the boss will be killed?

we didn't even use the 4 weapon skills..

scan the Profession section of the forums and see what is the MAXIMUM damage can A CLASS possibly inflict...

so, ye?

@Cyninja.2954 said:

right?

k.

ok

and tactics - 3 - 3 -3

Right?

k.

big difference.

This.

yeah, coz you only base it on numbers right? (thus you use this so called crappy arc dps and it only shows you numbers). you don't even consider how the boss attacks you and how that boss lessens/mitigates your damage..

yeah, and im pretty sure youll say "i played in GW2 beta so all i say is true.."

and ill just lel at you..

@Katary.7096 said:

@"zionophir.6845" said:

yeah, you show a video of 5 players and seeing a warrior that has a banner and conclude that everyone does the same..

what a comedian you are. go apply in a comedy bar..

No, I do not. I am very well aware that countless people in Guild Wars 2 play their characters in a suboptimal way. However one thing I do believe is this: People throwing shade on meta builds while propping up their own creations with nothing but personal experience achieve a remarkable feat of preposterous logic. Even more impressive when they dismiss tools like arcdps because "with the max damage gear, skills and traits you know you are doing max damage". I venture to guess someone like that hasn't even been to the training golem, as the requirement to believing the above statement has to be the ignorance of one's own level of performance as well as the performance ceiling. They cannot come to a correct conclusion since they choose to ponder on a fraction of the relevant information. How can someone like that hope to objectively contribute to a discussion? Perhaps by stating the obvious? After all, a token gesture is better than no gesture at all.I have to congratulate you for your ingenuity. Anybody could have answered my question regarding their raid experience but you have gone ahead and made a judgement of my character instead. In that, I hope that I have entertained you as well as your first few posts in this thread have entertained me.

it doesnt change the fact that YOU SHOWED 1 VIDEO AND ASSUMED THAT EVERYBODY DOES THE SAME..

how many players are here? what is the probability that a PUG will exactly Look and intrinsically has high dps just like the ONE VIDEO THAT YOU SHOWED?

@Asum.4960 said:

right?

k.

ok

and tactics - 3 - 3 -3

Right?

k.

big difference.

last hit skill 2, on a copper Veteran mob, in WvWvW in 9 might

yfvAivM.jpg

SCALE THAT TO A GOLD BOSS WITH 4 PLAYERS 25 MIGHT MAX VULNERABILITY..

so what's the moral lesson? don't assume that someone is always inventing stuff up..

right, asum[e]?

and arcdps will make you a pro player? it's akin to cheats that make a noob feel supremely pro..

sadly, just a feeling..

you're a comedian man. go apply in some comedy bar..