gw1 memory

Tekneeq.4302

not sure if this is a good spot on forum for this but if any1 has any favorite memories of gw1 id like to hear them,, i remember when i was a kid.. i bought runes of magic.. but for some reason the game didnt work on my pc.. so i had to return it.. instead i exchanged it for guild wars 1.. i remember signing in and hoping that i ended up with the game i wanted.. i logged in and saw 20 necros headbanging in the starting area,, thats the moment i knew i had chose the right game lmaoooo

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:Monk strike due to how they were being treated. I think it specifically centered around Thunderhead Keep.

Edit: Found a video of it

i remember that. they went to strike coz Tombs was all IWAY groups.. no one wants a Monk..

the ones with monks were GvG guilds who were doing fairly in GvG and they do some Tombs and get trashed by even an amateur IWAY group.

Necros were more sought after than Monks.. or should i say, monks had no use..

see this is why i posted this.. because when i did play years ago.. i didnt play it that heavy.. and really wanted to see and hear from people who did play it a lot.. my first toon was a monk/warrior.. i did fairly well when i pvped.. but seeing this really made me laugh,, i wish i had played it more as a kid.. no attention span to play it a lot

My account was hacked (after gw2 release) and when i logged back into gw1 after quite a while, i saw that some characters were missing armor pieces (mostly those that had the 50hp rune on them)

My ritu (who i barely ever played) was sitting at the underworld entrance in prophecies with event items in her inventory (i never logged in at that event), so i guess it was used for farming, or rather botting...

And the worst thing, my main, who was a monk, and had most titles and some almost finished, like 3-4 maps in elona only missing for a hardmode clear was deleted for some reason? Cartographer on proph, cantha, elona finished etc.

Anet said that they couldnt find any unusual IP logins and refused to rollback the account...Thats why i dont like to think about it very often.

But in 4-5 years ive played there are also alot of good memories, especially the faction fights between luxon and kurzick which i have done hundreds.

All for luxon ofc.

My favourite was a bug. There is a monthly flux in PVP. It is a mechanic to spice things up and make matches differently. In october this is minion apocalypse. Any time a player dies, all nearby creatures are struck for 50 damage and a level 20 masterless bone horror is spawned. To showcase this effect, it is also active in outposts for PvP. In outposts, player skills (including heal skills) are disabled. But there was also a situation where Dhuum would pop up out of the ground to kill a player in an outpost (with ressurection disabled) to showcase a suspension of the players account. As this counts as a kill, the monthly flux would trigger and spawn a minion. This would attack other players and spawn even more minions, eventually killing everyone in the outpost.

I have a lot of good memories of Guild Wars 1. Beating DOA with my wife, each of us with 3 of our heroes. Also once, we were in the underworld (not the DOA one but the one from Tomb of Primeval Kings) and we both died, but Acolyte Jin was still alive, my ranger her. I flagged her back and played her until everything was dead, then had her rez everyone else and we were able to complete it. Fun times.

The first time our guild did the quest to get to the Eye of the north with all those mobs appearing on the run there and our monk swearing on TS the more mobs that spawned. It was really early in the morning for us, and I can remember feeling really tried from having played the night before, waiting for the shaking screen ingame to tell us we could start. It was a 'you had to be there moment' but i had never laughed so much.But there are many many, good times.

I had played other mmos before GW1 but never socialized, I am not social. There was something about GW1, perhaps it was the level of player agency available to everyone, that encouraged me to connect with people. Perhaps it was synchronized dancing. Perhaps the game was just fun enough. I met one of my dearest friends in GW1 and it is one of the reasons I still support the studio and GW2.

@Psientist.6437 said:I had played other mmos before GW1 but never socialized, I am not social. There was something about GW1, perhaps it was the level of player agency available to everyone, that encouraged me to connect with people. Perhaps it was synchronized dancing. Perhaps the game was just fun enough. I met one of my dearest friends in GW1 and it is one of the reasons I still support the studio and GW2.

This is why I loved Guild Wars 1. I am not social, but I made some of my best friends that I would never meet in real life playing this game.