It would be a good idea to bring pre nerf Istan back?

With the change over the "Global Unidentified Gear" Istan received a harder nerf than all the previous ones together, currently only serves to farm meteors every 15 minutes and the daily seem not worth much. Could they return Istan before the changes to the limited chests per day and the champions in the GH? I do not ask that it be the best farm, but that it may be viable againThank you for reading

I share your disappointment over the current state of Istan, but pre-nerf Istan would just resurrect the 24/7 Istan farms, which is what Anet does not want. Not only does it hurt the economy, but serves to draw the population away from the other maps and that is not good for the health of the game.

BUT, something needs to be done, meteor-farm Istan is a narrow utilization of the map.

I would argue for a limited buff for the map in order to make it a more attractive destination. By default, you will have access to one set of chests per day (Palawadan meta and Great Hall (GH). BUT, change it so there is a 'participation bar' (similar to that found in the Tangled Depths and Auric Basin metas) that gradually fills as the individual player participates in events throughout the map. Once this 'participation bar' fills, then the full array of chests are available to you for the Palawadan and GH metas. The number of events required to fill this participation bar should be carefully calibrated so that it is not so low as to practically enable a pc to loot the full array of chests every time the meta is available with minimal event farming. Let's call this newly restocked (chest-wise) meta resulting from participation a 'meta-reset'.

If possible, consider capping this 'meta reset' so that is occurs x number of times per day. Once or twice would be ideal, to discourage 24/7 farming.

@"RiyazGuerra.9203" said:I share your disappointment over the current state of Istan, but pre-nerf Istan would just resurrect the 24/7 Istan farms, which is what Anet does not want. Not only does it hurt the economy, but serves to draw the population away from the other maps and that is not good for the health of the game.

BUT, something needs to be done, meteor-farm Istan is a narrow utilization of the map.

I would argue for a limited buff for the map in order to make it a more attractive destination. By default, you will have access to one set of chests per day (Palawadan meta and Great Hall (GH). BUT, change it so there is a 'participation bar' (similar to that found in the Tangled Depths and Auric Basin metas) that gradually fills as the individual player participates in events throughout the map. Once this 'participation bar' fills, then the full array of chests are available to you for the Palawadan and GH metas. The number of events required to fill this participation bar should be carefully calibrated so that it is not so low as to practically enable a pc to loot the full array of chests every time the meta is available with minimal event farming. Let's call this newly restocked (chest-wise) meta resulting from participation a 'meta-reset'.

If possible, consider capping this 'meta reset' so that is occurs x number of times per day. Once or twice would be ideal, to discourage 24/7 farming.

I hope that the limiter also applies to SW, I really would like all maps that have been farmeables to be viable and that each one of something unique. Although your idea is also very good, I would love to see a "train Daily farm maps", it would give a fresh breath to everything

@RiyazGuerra.9203 said:I share your disappointment over the current state of Istan, but pre-nerf Istan would just resurrect the 24/7 Istan farms, which is what Anet does not want. Not only does it hurt the economy, but serves to draw the population away from the other maps and that is not good for the health of the game.

Agree. The ressurection of the Istan map is not desired by ANet. Because we now should farm the Dragonfall map. Although the Istan farm hurts the economy (according to ANet), the Dragonfall should be beneficial for the same economy because it is encouraged by the map design. This will last until a new map will be released and then, suddenly, the Dragonfarm map will become bad for economy and the new map farm will be the new beneficial factor for the same economy.

@Nekromalistik.7045 said:

I hope that the limiter also applies to SW, I really would like all maps that have been farmeables to be viable and that each one of something unique. Although your idea is also very good, I would love to see a "train Daily farm maps", it would give a fresh breath to everything

I can see this in reverse light: I hope that the limiter applied now to SW to apply to all the farmable maps, in order to make them viable.I don't think you can have the players happy if you decrease the rewards overall.

Bleah! It is as with the balance patches - take a look on this:

@Vegeta.2563 said:

March 27, 2018 Patch Notes:

• Net Shot: Fixed a bug that prevented players from being able to fire this skill at targets behind them.

July 11, 2019 Upcoming Patch Notes:

• Net Shot: Fixed a bug that could allow this skill to be fired backward.

Any reason why the later note is considering the first one a bug?? Also why reverse this?

HM :# It is in the dirrection of what ANet is doing. Undo a change in order to let the players to have something (good) back. For this you make 2 changes. Everything is OK. Nothing (or almost nothing) changes in fact, but your dev team can proudly report they implemented 2 changes canceling each other.

The only think I want to see back is the complete cancelation of the Unidentified bag of Gear. Let the items drop directly, as in the past. This will be a HUGE QoL improvement - after a Dragonfall session I end usually with around 250 blue and green UnID gear (more than 500 bags) . If you want to identify them, then ... this can last around 20 minutes.

@Cristalyan.5728 said:

• Net Shot: Fixed a bug that prevented players from being able to fire this skill at targets behind them.

Any reason why the later note is considering the first one a bug?? Also why reverse this?

HM :# It is in the dirrection of what ANet is doing. Undo a change in order to let the players to have something (good) back. For this you make 2 changes. Everything is OK. Nothing (or almost nothing) changes in fact, but your dev team can proudly report they implemented 2 changes canceling each other.

They don't cancel each other out. The first change fixed the bug that Net Shot would go on 5 second cooldown like it was interupted when targeting an enemy behind you.The second change fixed a bug where you could use Net Shot without facing the enemy. Two completely different things that just appear to be related because of the wording.What this actually shows is the direction online communities are going since years. Uninformed comments complaining about things they don't understand properly.

Bringing pre-nerf Instan back is a pretty bad idea.

@Cristalyan.5728 said:

@"RiyazGuerra.9203" said:I share your disappointment over the current state of Istan, but pre-nerf Istan would just resurrect the 24/7 Istan farms, which is what Anet does not want. Not only does it hurt the economy, but serves to draw the population away from the other maps and that is not good for the health of the game.

Agree. The ressurection of the Istan map is not desired by ANet. Because we now should farm the Dragonfall map. Although the Istan farm hurts the economy (according to ANet), the Dragonfall should be beneficial for the same economy because it is encouraged by the map design. This will last until a new map will be released and then, suddenly, the Dragonfarm map will become bad for economy and the new map farm will be the new beneficial factor for the same economy.

Istan requires the bare minimum of attention and work, whereas for Dragonfall you are absolutely required to actually participate in as many events as possible because you WILL run out of keys. Gating the "gold" behind keys was the absolute right decision and is a thousand times more healthy than Istan ever was.

@Miellyn.6847 said:They don't cancel each other out. The first change fixed the bug that Net Shot would go on 5 second cooldown like it was interupted when targeting an enemy behind you.The second change fixed a bug where you could use Net Shot without facing the enemy. Two completely different things that just appear to be related because of the wording.

I mean you can't get more straight forward than them stating they fixed a bug prevented you from being able to fire net shot at targets behind them.. then go and say they fixed a bug that allowed them to fire at targets behind them... meaning you can't anymore. They just reversed the changes..

Pre-patch I could use net shot on a target behind my character. Now after the patch net shot doesn't work unless I actually face my target.

@Vegeta.2563 said:

@Miellyn.6847 said:They don't cancel each other out. The first change fixed the bug that Net Shot would go on 5 second cooldown like it was interupted when targeting an enemy behind you.The second change fixed a bug where you could use Net Shot without facing the enemy. Two completely different things that just appear to be related because of the wording.

I mean you can't get more straight forward than them stating they fixed a bug prevented you from being able to fire net shot at targets behind them.. then go and say they fixed a bug that allowed them to fire at targets behind them... meaning you can't anymore. They just reversed the changes..

Pre-patch I could use net shot on a target behind my character. Now after the patch net shot doesn't work unless I actually face my target.

Are you standing still or moving?

@Voltekka.2375 said:People made 7k gold per week, 8 hours per day, for 100 people (those who led them say so themselves) In NA alone. Same happened in EU. And this messed up the market a LOT. I am part of a daily train, and most people used to farm Istan endlessly. So, no.

Istan was not a map generating liquid gold (as the dungeons for example). Istan was a map generating materials mostly. And if a player sold materials for 7k in one week, that means other players spent these 7k gold. And, by using the TP, 15% of this gold was removed from the game under the form of taxes. From what you say, the Istan was a map following the favorite ANet philosophy (Vivat TP !!) and it was a good thing for the game.

This is BS... Anet did want it, as they did want leather farm that was also nerfed... Anet introduced both as they introduced new items that people where not happy about ie "requires lots of leather" - lets make a leather farm - fixed, "Grifin Mount costs 200g" lets make a gold farm..... then people farm too much leather, and leather farm gets nerfed, people farmed too much gold - gold farm gets nerfed ... the problem is created by Anet, to mask another problem created by Anet... People wanting to farm is not the problem!

@finkle.9513 said:

I would argue for a limited buff for the map in order to make it a more attractive destination. By default, you will have access to one set of chests per day (Palawadan meta and Great Hall (GH). BUT, change it so there is a 'participation bar' (similar to that found in the Tangled Depths and Auric Basin metas) that gradually fills as the individual player participates in events throughout the map. Once this 'participation bar' fills, then the full array of chests are available to you for the Palawadan and GH metas. The number of events required to fill this participation bar should be carefully calibrated so that it is
not so low
as to practically enable a pc to loot the full array of chests every time the meta is available with minimal event farming. Let's call this newly restocked (chest-wise) meta resulting from participation a 'meta-reset'.

This is BS... Anet did want it, as they did want leather farm that was also nerfed... Anet introduced both as they introduced new items that people where not happy about ie "requires lots of leather" - lets make a leather farm - fixed, "Grifin Mount costs 200g" lets make a gold farm..... then people farm too much leather, and leather farm gets nerfed, people farmed too much gold - gold farm gets nerfed ... the problem is created by Anet, to mask another problem created by Anet... People wanting to farm is not the problem!

precisely.the problem isnt with farmers, the problem is with anet not being able to design content (in this case, pve maps) that keeps people wanting to play it.and so they go in, and decide for players what they should or shouldnt do.thats basically what it is.Istan was fine after the second nerf, they didnt nerf it because it was too rewarding, as you all know. they nerfed it in an attempt to force people to occupy their dead maps, which are still pretty dead, tbh.again, Anet deciding for the players what they can and cannot enjoy.people (that is, the farmers mainly) have a tendency to go where most profit can be generated, even if that profit is only slightly more compared with other maps, say SW, not because its super overpowered omegalulz money.some people actually ENJOY farming, for the sake of farming....but Anet either doesnt understand this, or do not care.at the end of the day, their last nerf (of istan when they killed it off completely) achieved very little, especially since the introduction of Dragonfall map.at some point they ARE going to nerf that map too, and either make the chests daily, limit the amount of keys that can be generated, or similar.again, not because its extremely rewarding, but because they want to push people to other content, and basically decide what they should enjoy.If they see too many people occupied in DF, thats what theyre going to do.i dont think they will ever realize the mindset of farmers, and what drives them.

@Cristalyan.5728 said:

@RiyazGuerra.9203 said:I share your disappointment over the current state of Istan, but pre-nerf Istan would just resurrect the 24/7 Istan farms, which is what Anet does not want. Not only does it hurt the economy, but serves to draw the population away from the other maps and that is not good for the health of the game.

@Nekromalistik.7045 said:

I can see this in reverse light: I hope that the limiter applied now to SW to apply to
all
the farmable maps, in order to make them viable.I don't think you can have the players happy if you
decrease
the rewards overall.

Bleah! It is as with the balance patches - take a look on this:

The only think I want to see back is the complete cancelation of the Unidentified bag of Gear. Let the items drop directly, as in the past. This will be a HUGE QoL improvement - after a Dragonfall session I end usually with around 250 blue and green UnID gear (more than 500 bags) . If you want to identify them, then ... this can last around 20 minutes.

500 bags? that doesnt sound broken at all...lol

I hate seeing Istan gutted, but I'm convinced Anet wasn't telling the truth about why they nerfed it. I get the impression that they nerf the farm maps when the farm works by...how do I put this...bypassing the intended way of playing the map. The istan farm abused map instance hopping, the AB multimap abused it too, the Lake Doric farm was an afk farm, and SW 24 hour chest trains made the map just that. A train where hardly anyone did the meta. So they all got nerfed. That would explain why RIBA SW hasn't been nerfed yet, because it's farmed by just playing the meta event normally. And the Lake Doric farm where you run up the mountain to kill centaurs for leather was actually buffed at one point iirc. I don't buy that they nerfed istan because "we don't want people playing the same thing all day" or whatever they said. It's a conspiracy, I'm telling you.

the first week after the nerfs there were still plenty of people going to istan to do the meta

so after going to couple of istans metas over the past few day (since I'm now down with Dragonfall contents), Istan meta definitely needs a bit of tweaking, even with 15-20 ppl the metas are failing, which is pretty discouraging

Amala, the issue is she hops around so much that it's really difficult to sustain the dps to bring her down in time, but not by a lot, so quick and easy solution is to have her hp probably tweak down slightly, by 5-10%

palawadan, a lot of things needs to be tweaked

• area of occupation - slightly less mob spawn, or scale down their hp so they can cut down faster, or make the bar fill faster
  • pirate ships - less mob spawn and reduce ship's hp
  • Archon Iberu - tweak down the hp a bit; it's been so long since people are able to even reach this point i'm unsure how much to be toned down, people runs out of time at pirate ships

i think with these changes above it will bring back a bit more life to istan metas

@crepuscular.9047 said:the first week after the nerfs there were still plenty of people going to istan to do the meta

so after going to couple of istans metas over the past few day (since I'm now down with Dragonfall contents), Istan meta definitely needs a bit of tweaking, even with 15-20 ppl the metas are failing, which is pretty discouraging

Amala, the issue is she hops around so much that it's really difficult to sustain the dps to bring her down in time, but not by a lot, so quick and easy solution is to have her hp probably tweak down slightly, by 5-10%

palawadan, a lot of things needs to be tweaked

• area of occupation - slightly less mob spawn, or scale down their hp so they can cut down faster, or make the bar fill faster
  • pirate ships - less mob spawn and reduce ship's hp
  • Archon Iberu - tweak down the hp a bit; it's been so long since people are able to even reach this point i'm unsure how much to be toned down, people runs out of time at pirate ships

i think with these changes above it will bring back a bit more life to istan metas

Sad, the change, isn't it? I remember being able to drop Iberu in 2 minutes. Of course that was in the heyday with 2 full squads plus randoms and multimaps. Good times. Miss the folks I met there.