PvP Amulet and Rune Additions

I would be a bit careful with the last 2 ammys, they seems to be pretty much the same with different majors/minors and could be pretty strong with Sb's and scourges... i like hybrid builds, but idk... some skills have a kinda high base damage already.

TY for the nerfed cele, 460 (down from 560 if i remember correctly) seems pretty good.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

@Sigmoid.7082 said:General question Ben. How does the team come up with the amulet names?

We make them up and then editing makes us change them, and then it goes live.

Any chance you can make one of the names funny? You guys had a sense of humour once upon a time. (vial of salt - took a lot of tears to make this)

I know some people get upset by silly stuff like a mini pet fish on land, but that didn't stop you from attaching an ugly quaggan to a club for a hammer skin.

If we are adding amulets why is there no consideration towards mercenary or soldier? Both of those amulets would be good to have back in this game as they are bruiser amulets which the lack of is creating such a burst heavy damage meta! Also why is cele being nerfed that much, pre removal it was 560 so I expected the comeback to be about 500 for each stat which is still a significant nerf but 460? Damn that's gonna hurt. Hopefully there will be some fluidity on the numbers if this doesn't work out. If it ends up working fine then that's cool but with just that I don't know, guess I'll have to do some testing to see..

@Lost Elegy.9276 said:Celestial seems blatantly weaker than it should be. If scourge is allowed to press 2 buttons and obliterate 5 players at once, I should have my 550+ to all ammy. This is a completely different era than the vanilla celestial crisis. +All doesn't mean much anymore, especially when extremist builds are popular and powerful.

Yeah I'm pretty sure with just 460 stats there won't be a single class that can find use for it sadly :(

Celestial needs more stats or to include Expertise and Concentration on 460 stats.

The game has changed massively since the celestial time, and a build with such low stats will be useless without any boon duration and expertise.

Celestial stats is only any good if you can keep at least 10 might and fury, there is a TON of boon corruption and removal now.

nice changes but all of them base on power, what about other states.

so what about these:

1050 condition, 1050 healing , 560 vitality, 560 precision1200 healing, 900 vitality, 900 condition1050 condition, 1050 healing, 560 toughness, 560 precision/power1050 concentration, 1050 condition, 560 healing, 560 precisionand more....

@AngelsShadow.7360 said:

@Chapell.1346 said:I do not know if giving compliments for adding all these crap into the game while ruining my number immersion is necessary, i assure you for the sake of fun it'll not work. Fasten my pip gain a little bit to get those Ascended marks may be while neglecting who counters what or vice versa.Yes please, do a tighter bonding with your Art team, and if all things fail maybe start cooperating more on your Gameplay Designer to start those next Generation Elite spec to counter play/build the previous one, because clearly based on feedback,they don't.I wish you more Gems sale.

???????

has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more like?

@Crinn.7864 said:

@kKagari.6804 said:

@Crinn.7864 said:

@"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:
Runes
We’re adding all the new profession runes except Scourge. We’re not adding Rebirth.

Why not Scourge? I understand not adding Rebirth, but whats wrong with scourge runes? 3k barrier on a 75sec cooldown is hardly OP, and sPvP has a definitive lack of condi damage + healing power amulets.

I think they have issues with 'cheat death' mechanics these days.

I didn't realize a 3k barrier was "cheating death"Never mind the fact we already have a rune that procs stealth.

@"Lost Elegy.9276" said:Because the team is clearly going to be making massive changes to Scourge. It was marketed as a support spec, and yet currently the damage numbers it puts out are unacceptable in every applicable mode. From PvE to WvW or SPvP, Scourge has become MANDATORY.

We are talking about Rune of the Scourge, not Scourge the elite spec.

Rune of the Scourge isn't even a good rune for Scourge compared to already existing options such as Scavenging or Tormenting runes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mysterious_Ways_(song)

I'm not complaining about not getting another rune with a passive defensive proc, but why aren't you adding rune of the scourge to PvP? Its less effective than endure pain is, since its only a barrier instead of 2 second physical damage immunity, and its on a longer CD as well. So if its honestly considered "too strong" then there are several passive proc traits that also need looking into as well.

@R E F L H E X.8413 said:With the new ones I still see a lack of toughness.

That is true across-amulets, as they had to remove most toughness when they added boatloads of hard-mitigation abilities with HoT. The power-creep has stayed mostly constant, although most PoF elites skew towards insane damage. Maybe they'll add toughness amulets (like soldier and cleric) back some day and nerf the stupid abilities that are the problem.

I love this!

Celestial's total stat gain is now perfectly in line with all the other 4 stat amulets, so it's fine imo.Finally some good options for hybrid builds, which should encourage some build diversity.

The only thing I'm seeing some issues with are marshal and harrier. All current support specs (have to w8 for scourge rework) are either mid- or low-tier health classes, which makes these amulets kinda unusable for them. Necros can somewhat get by without using vitality and warriors are the only (!) class right now, where its completely acceptable to run a fully offensive amulet. All damage amulets, if you want them to get used on anything besides warrior, should at least have 1 defensive stat on them, otherwise I just don't see any form of usage for them (just take a look at vipers, sinister, destroyer, assassins etc.etc.).

Other than that, great initial draft!

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:Hey folks,

As mentioned previously, we’ve been considering new amulets and runes. This is our current proposed list of additions.

AmuletsCelestial• All stats except Expertise and Concentration: 460Grieving• Power: 1050, Condition Damage: 1050, Precision 560, Ferocity: 560Harrier• Power: 1200, Healing: 900, Concentration: 900Marshall• Power: 1050, Healing: 1050, Precision: 560, Condition Damage: 560Name TBD• Power: 1050, Precision: 1050, Healing: 560, Vitality: 560Name TBD• Power 1050, Precision: 1050, Condition Damage: 560, Vitality: 560Name TBD• Power: 1050, Condition Damage: 1050, Vitality: 560, Precision: 560

RunesWe’re adding all the new profession runes except Scourge. We’re not adding Rebirth.

Why all have power as first attribute?Why not Precision, CD, healing power, vitality? (yeap Im thinking about scourge)...

Shouldn't the Celestial be "560" per stat instead of "460"?

The current Celestial gear outiside of PvP offers the same numerical values as the "minor" stats on four-stat gear.

The advantage of Celestial is the overall higher total stats, at the cost of no stat being very high on its own. As it stands with "460" the total stats are identical (3220 total points) to the 4-stat amulets. There's little advantage in bringing Celestial without the stat bonus.

@juno.1840 said:Shouldn't the Celestial be "560" per stat instead of "460"?

The current Celestial gear outiside of PvP offers the same numerical values as the "minor" stats on four-stat gear.

No, the stat distribution is setup differently than other game modes and the Celestial at 460 provides the exact same Total stat Value as 4 stat gear, it used to be 560 before they removed it and it provided more total stat value than every other Amulet.

How many amulets have both Power 900+ and Precision 900+ ? 11 / 22 ! And you're adding 2 more?How many amulets have Precision ? 18 /22. And in the ones proposed: 6/7.

Please add some variety, there's 9 different stats and so many have never been paired:

• Condition Damage + Concentration
  • Power + Expertise
  • Concentration + Expertise
  • Healing Power + Condition DamageEtc..

There's usually no wrong amulet: if a build over-perform thanks to some amulets, balance traits and skills that are too efficient.

Archived