[Merged] Oh cool you must buy more build slots

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@susana.7814 said:

@Healix.5819 said:They didn't want build templates at launch. GW1 was all about builds - you were basically expected to change for every map. They specifically didn't want that for GW2. They wanted you to stick to a single build, which is why you had to reset it at a trainer.

Charging for build templates was always expected and this exact implementation has been suggested for years (minus the ability to have it double as a costume template).

Expected by who? I've been playing since release, no one wanted paid templates. They just wanted them in game. No other game I have EVER played has charged for templates and frankly the concept of them charging for them is absurd.

Ive played a few games that charged for extra build templates actually so i dont find this offensive by any means.

The fact that they are giving out 3-6 slots for free is actually a surprise (if i understand it correctly)

Most games ive played give you like 1-2 templates and you have to buy ever extra template after that.Any game that gave you free unlimited templates rquired a sub fee.

@yoni.7015 said:

@Swagger.1459 said:@susana.7814 Don't be ungrateful, especially since you don’t pay a mandatory monthly fee to play this game. Maybe learn about the costs of running a business, employees costs and about taxes before you decide to complain again.

Unfortunately for some this is to much to ask.

Yeah, unfortunately feeling entitled to getting everything for free is a thing.

@"Swagger.1459" said:Yeah, unfortunately feeling entitled to getting everything for free is a thing.Imagine you are building a house on some acreage. Your best bud lends you a few power tools.It takes two years, for the sake of the argument.All of a sudden, right as you are about to finish building the house, your boss shows up on your property and says "nope, these power tools are mine now, and you will be paying me a fee for every power tool you have exceeding the quantity of 3".

So ... are you a yes man? Or not

@solemn.9608 said:

@"Swagger.1459" said:Yeah, unfortunately feeling entitled to getting everything for free is a thing.Imagine you are building a house on some acreage. Your best bud lends you a few power tools.It takes two years, for the sake of the argument.All of a sudden, right as you are about to finish building the house, your boss shows up on your property and says "nope, these power tools are mine now, and you will be paying me a fee for every power tool you have exceeding the quantity of 3".

That’s a horrible analogy and doesn’t even fit.

We get 3 free, buy more if ya need more. And what do you think the devs put food on the table by volunteering at Anet?

Seriously, shame on anyone who thinks they are entitled to be handed every little thing for free. Y’all get 3 free, so be grateful for that...

@Swagger.1459 said:

@Swagger.1459 said:Yeah, unfortunately feeling entitled to getting everything for free is a thing.Imagine you are building a house on some acreage. Your best bud lends you a few power tools.It takes two years, for the sake of the argument.All of a sudden, right as you are about to finish building the house, your boss shows up on your property and says "nope, these power tools are mine now, and you will be paying me a fee for every power tool you have exceeding the quantity of 3".

We get 3 free, buy more if ya need more. And what do you think the devs put food on the table by volunteering at Anet?

Seriously, shame on anyone who thinks they are entitled to be handed every little thing for free. Y’all get 3 free, so be grateful for that...

Easiest way to make a counter argument against a great analogy - say it's a bad analogy.That's a horrible argument and doesn't even fit.

Im more annoyed by the recent blance patch and my main build was not even nerfed or buffedThe news of build templates is excitingThe news that you will need to pay for extra templates is expected really im not surprised (dont have to use them lol)You get a few for free "ok cool"

What could be worse is anet not offering build templates and telling you that it was going to cost you gems every time you wanted to reset your traits...Yes some games use to work like thisYes some games still do work like this

Why are people mad at templates being charged?

Im a lazy person,I hate cooking takes more time than i like but hey i cant afford to eat out every day.I dont really like taking out the trash so long as nothing volatile like fish or meat is in there ill stuff that thing as much as i can lolI dont feel like getting out of the bed most mornings to go to work but i have bills to pay

But i dont think ive ever been so lazy to the point that i couldn't click a few boxes in ma inventory in a video game to equip some gear and change my build.This feature is not a necessity its a luxury.

Ill gladly take my free template slots and like many people here wont buy extra ones if they are too expensive I'll use what i can and continue to do things the old way just do some double clicks to change my gear.

@Sazukikrah.5036 said:People will complain about anything.. How many builds do you need bro? You played the game this long without it now its a problem? Jesus Christ.

When I acquired template 2 years ago, it was amazing, made things so much easier, it actually made me play so many more builds than I usually would.Anet stumbles along with their version of it and asks us all to pay for what we already have had for 2 years.This is somehow some outrageous issue to people like you because you are completely unwilling to empathize with people who experience problems that you don't, because you have less builds or never bothered using build templates in the first place.

jesus christ

@solemn.9608 said:

We never had free build templates so how is this fitting?

Just an FYI, ARCDPS build templates were only ever allowed under the condition that they’d go away once Anet added templates into the game. They were never intended to be a permanent solution.

@solemn.9608 said:

@Swagger.1459 said:Yeah, unfortunately feeling entitled to getting everything for free is a thing.Imagine you are building a house on some acreage. Your best bud lends you a few power tools.It takes two years, for the sake of the argument.All of a sudden, right as you are about to finish building the house, your boss shows up on your property and says "nope, these power tools are mine now, and you will be paying me a fee for every power tool you have exceeding the quantity of 3".

Easiest way to make a counter argument against a great analogy - say it's a bad analogy.That's a horrible argument and doesn't even fit.

Anet didn’t take anything away. They added build templates and gave 3 free. Can you comprehend that? Now compare it to your analogy...

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Just an FYI, ARCDPS build templates were only ever allowed under the condition that they’d go away once Anet added templates into the game.

We have had free build templates for 2 years? What are you talking about?

@solemn.9608 said:

Just an FYI, ARCDPS build templates were only ever allowed under the condition that they’d go away once Anet added templates into the game.

No we haven’t had official build templates for two years.

@Swagger.1459 said:

Anet didn’t take anything away. They added build templates and gave 3 free. Can you comprehend that? Now compare it to your analogy...I already had infinite build templates. Can you comprehend that? Apparently not. Now compare it to your responses...

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

No we haven’t had official build templates for two years.Oh, we're going to play semantics now? Oh whoopy, hey let's nitpick grammar too while we're at it.We HAVE HAD build templates for two years.

@solemn.9608 said:

No we haven’t had official build templates for two years.Oh, we're going to play semantics now? Oh whoopy, hey let's nitpick grammar too while we're at it.We HAVE HAD build templates for two years.

No. Build templates from ARCDPS were never intended to be permanent. They technically break the TOS but Anet allowed them until they had their own version in the game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/704oem/build_templates_actual_release/

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

No. Build templates from ARCDPS were never intended to be permanent. They technically break the TOS but Anet allowed them until they had their own version in the game.This is correct. Where are you going with this. Before you say "I've already told you", please understand you have yet to make a real counter argument. You have not already told me.

@solemn.9608 said:

Anet didn’t take anything away. They added build templates and gave 3 free. Can you comprehend that? Now compare it to your analogy...I already had infinite build templates. Can you comprehend that? Apparently not. Now compare it to your responses...

From an unofficial 3rd party program lol

Go use that program if you can’t handle it

@Swagger.1459 said:

Go use that program if you can’t handle itIt is exiting development as per their agreement.It's functionality was perfect, what does it being a 3rd party have to do with this? It was not able to access our password, nor was it infected with any malicious code, so again, what does it being an "unofficial 3rd party program" have to do with it? Big phrases like "unofficial 3rd party program" may sound convincing to the passive reader, but not an active reader who is willing to dispense with fallacies.

@solemn.9608 said:

Go use that program if you can’t handle itIt is exiting development as per their agreement.It's functionality was perfect, what does it being a 3rd party have to do with this? It was not able to access our password, nor was it infected with any malicious code, so again, what does it being an "unofficial 3rd party program" have to do with it? Big phrases like "unofficial 3rd party program" may sound convincing to the passive reader, but not an active reader who is willing to dispense with fallacies.

Go use the free program then and quit the complaining. Problem solved for those who feel entitled to everything free...

Charging for products that cost money to produce is unacceptable!!! Especially if the item is nonessential and multiple free samples are given out!!!/s

I wonder how many of the people complaining about this offer to work for free. I am sure that their employer(s) would be delighted to not have to pay them.

@Ashen.2907 said:Charging for products that cost money to produce is unacceptable!!! Especially if the item is nonessential and multiple free samples are given out!!!/s

I wonder how many of the people complaining about this offer to work for free. I am sure that their employer(s) would be delighted to not have to pay them.

Sure, that's what we're saying./sIf you can't even strong-man your opponent's argument in a debate, then you don't understand what they're saying, which means you are in no position to make a counter argument.

@solemn.9608 said:

@Ashen.2907 said:Charging for products that cost money to produce is unacceptable!!! Especially if the item is nonessential and multiple free samples are given out!!!/s

Sure, that's what we're saying./s

That is exactly what is being said, even if not by you personally.