Where do you play thief?

itspomf.9523

• 3 weeks later...

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:Anything and everything. For close to two years my thief was my only char.

It speaks volumes about a class when you don't grow bored of it after years upon years.

Great build variety, flexible and innovative skillset. Feels distinctively different from every other class due to initiative and and how the traits work in tandem yet offer a lot of combinations.

@NorthernRedStar.3054 said:

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:Anything and everything. For close to two years my thief was my only char.

It speaks volumes about a class when you don't grow bored of it after years upon years.

Great build variety, flexible and innovative skillset. Feels distinctively different from every other class due to initiative and and how the traits work in tandem yet offer a lot of combinations.

That's a good explanation of it, I call it Street Fighter for how tactile and personal thieves I see across different servers get with their builds over time. A good steady core build might be my favorite thing to fight against in game and maybe most frustrating, Deadeye is perfect for that mood, and Daredevil with the right keybinds feels like hooking up to the game Matrix style. Like the rest of the game I suppose it all funnels at higher tiers wherever you're at but there's still players keeping the Thief elastic across each game build.

@kash.9213 said:

That's a good explanation of it, I call it Street Fighter for how tactile and personal thieves I see across different servers get with their builds over time. A good steady core build might be my favorite thing to fight against in game and maybe most frustrating, Deadeye is perfect for that mood, and Daredevil with the right keybinds feels like hooking up to the game Matrix style. Like the rest of the game I suppose it all funnels at higher tiers wherever you're at but there's still players keeping the Thief elastic across each game build.

Pretty much all of what you've both said. I love coming up with builds and experimenting with trait combinations, and Kash is the only person who seems to run close to what I do for my go to duelling build. For me the introduction of build templates has been amazing as there's 3-4 builds I swap between on a regular basis while roaming, each suited for different opponents and situations and generally not meta builds. It was amazing playing an interrupt based shortbow condi thief in HoT when people hadn't worked out how strong it was, for instance.

Sure, build X is always going to be most effective given parameters Y and in those situations the meta is what it is for a reason, but variety is the spice of life. I respect people that can play certain builds for 4 years solid in PvP and get super proficient at it, there's a guildless D/P dash thief roaming on desolation that kicks my ass every time I fight him, but I'm not one of those kinds of people haha.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:In my living room with my cat.

What does ur cat main? I bet whatever it is it's a charr

I would have thought it would be human. It's always amused me thinking of people pretending to be cats online, only for cats to pretend to be humans, and it would explain some of the salty whispers (whiskers?).

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

I would have thought it would be human. It's always amused me thinking of people pretending to be cats online, only for cats to pretend to be humans, and it would explain some of the salty whispers (whiskers?).

I could see that lol

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

I could see that lol

My cat is on the other computer, playing ESO

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

I could see that lol

My cat is on the other computer, playing ESO

M'aiq prefers to adventure alone. Others just get in the way. And they talk, talk, talk.