Core Power Mesmer Is Nasty Toxic Nonesense

Trevor Boyer.6524

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:There are a lot of players who have decent refliexes, but with server side skill lag this problem could be easily solved by the game alt-f4'ing anyone who uses a macro. I would bet 90+% of the instakills would vanish from all competitive modes if the game just disconnected a player the second they hit a macro.

nobody uses macro to 1shot lol. it takes longer to look for macros then to learn the combo properly

Lots of people keep saying that, and yet both in streams, videos, and even in game (watch their toon do all the wrong things after being moa'd cause they are stuck waiting for the macro to finish), it keeps happening. This is like the people that say no one trolls in wvw cause it isn't worth the time, yet you can literally see it every day.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Ubi.4136 said:There are a lot of players who have decent refliexes, but with server side skill lag this problem could be easily solved by the game alt-f4'ing anyone who uses a macro. I would bet 90+% of the instakills would vanish from all competitive modes if the game just disconnected a player the second they hit a macro.

The burst combo requires a bit of finesse but the idea that 90% of mesmers are using macros is ridiculous.

@Ubi.4136 said:

nobody uses macro to 1shot lol. it takes longer to look for macros then to learn the combo properly

Lots of people keep saying that, and yet both in streams, videos, and even in game (watch their toon do all the wrong things after being moa'd cause they are stuck waiting for the macro to finish), it keeps happening. This is like the people that say no one trolls in wvw cause it isn't worth the time, yet you can literally see it every day.Precast into bunch of instant skills = waiting for their macros to finish? FYI once u start a skill being a bird you cant cancel it, so you have to wait it to finish.After a while it becomes a muscle memory, so you will be blown 24/7 anyway ?

@Ubi.4136 said:I would bet 90+% of the instakills would vanish from all competitive modes if the game just disconnected a player the second they hit a macro.

It's not that hard, especially if you have a decent gaming mouse that you can assign your key buttons to. If you can play thief not-atrociously you can core shatter.

I'm not saying macros shouldnt absolutely be punished or that people absolutely don't use them, but I'm not sure its as prevalent as 9 out of every 10 core mesmers, especially with all the kitten that can go wrong if you get +1 during your burst or an AOE gets laid under you and you need to bail.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:I would bet 90+% of the instakills would vanish from all competitive modes if the game just disconnected a player the second they hit a macro.

It's not that hard, especially if you have a decent gaming mouse that you can assign your key buttons to. If you can play thief not-atrociously you can core shatter.

I'm not saying macros shouldnt absolutely be punished or that people absolutely don't use them, but I'm not sure its as prevalent as 9 out of every 10 core mesmers, especially with all the kitten that can go wrong if you get +1 during your burst or an AOE gets laid under you and you need to bail.

I'm not saying that 90% of the mesmers playing are macro'ing, I'm saying that 90% of the insta-deaths would not happen. I main a mesmer, the combo is fairly easy to do. But, due to the current server lag (which appears from time to time) there is no way to be perfect every time without using a macro. Sometimes I blow people up, often the shatter lags behind and the damage is abysmal. If the game disconnected a player the second a macro was used, I'm betting a ton of these insta-deaths would go away (and so would the complaint about the build).

@Ubi.4136 said:

I'm not saying that 90% of the mesmers playing are macro'ing, I'm saying that 90% of the insta-deaths would not happen. I main a mesmer, the combo is fairly easy to do. But, due to the current server lag (which appears from time to time) there is no way to be perfect every time without using a macro. Sometimes I blow people up, often the shatter lags behind and the damage is abysmal. If the game disconnected a player the second a macro was used, I'm betting a ton of these insta-deaths would go away (and so would the complaint about the build).

Ah, that clarifies things. I agree with that for the most part.

@Ubi.4136 said:

if Im against mirage and he doesnt see me coming he gets the Deasy 1shot even on 200ping.if he knows im coming its a different story.or when im SUPER DUPER unlucky with crits, that happens too, I tend to run assassins ammy over berserker for this very reason.

@"mortrialus.3062" said:

at 3:25

Notice how some semi-afk ranger who probably wasn't paying attention popped signet of stone, saved himself, and has probably more than enough cooldowns to heal themselves back up?

Now imagine that damage only being able to attempt once.And imagine being able to avoid any damage at all by just paying attention, in only spending one dodge.On a build with less stealth and/or damage mitigation frames than any medium armor class, AND can't make the attempt again as fast as thief.Where the only other significant damage is coming form easily kited, cleaved, and dodged phantasms; all that have a cast time of 1/2 - 1 second, on top of a travel time.In addition to blowing the blink (you know the best tool to escape) for the next 30 seconds.

That is the status quo we have now and the thing people are asking to be nerfed?; lol.

B4: "Oh, blah blah blah, stealth, blah blah can't see it coming, clones and tab targeting!" You should have a decent idea where a mesmer is or is going on a map with map awareness and a basic understanding of how players rotate, and clones are a terrible substitute mechanic to something like flat denial like every build that gets better heal sustain, evasion/block/invuln/blind/etc, and stealth.

• Also this is a double standard.If you can't avoid/survive a backstab combo from any thief, a DE snipe, a one shot ranger build, or a meditation guard porting to you through a wall. Then you cannot survive this. If you can survive any of the above, you should have an even easier time since this does not delay in stealth to pressure cooldowns in a game of "will they, wont they?", Or again; as implied above, is less safe on whiffs.And compared to some burst builds, this is all built into a short collection of cooldowns avoided by a single dodge or defensive cooldown Including blocks (where all you eat is the mirror blade).

Yes. There is notching to "react" to, but there is more than enough to anticipate. In some fighting games you cannot "react" to everything seen, and in a lot of cases there is about a 0.8th of a second that you cannot do anything about and have to actively predict your opponent.

@"Daishi.6027" said:

• Also this is a double standard.If you can't avoid/survive a backstab combo from any thief, a DE snipe, a one shot ranger build, or a meditation guard porting to you through a wall. Then you cannot survive this. If you can survive any of the above, you should have an even easier time since this does not delay in stealth to pressure cooldowns in a game of "will they, wont they?"

This is another thing of note that I mentioned before.The people getting blown up, are they getting blown up because mesmer without fail deletes any class (or any variant of a class) it unleashes the gank combo on, or are they blowing up because they specced as glassy as possible for omegadamage, and then didn't take any damage mitigating trait or instant cast protection/ werent paranoid about getting blown up to prevent being instagibbed?Context changes how strong it is. If you're getting erased because you specced zerker on ele and didnt take final shielding because you thought you were super good, that really isnt the fault of the mesmer that you got wiped.

Its really important to consider -who- is the most offended here and why they're offended. Otherwise, when/if this is patched theyre just gonna move on to worldly impact soulbeasts, killshot warriors, DJ Deadeyes, backstab thieves and anything else that challenges their glass build.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

@"Daishi.6027" said:
  • Also this is a double standard.If you can't avoid/survive a backstab combo from any thief, a DE snipe, a one shot ranger build, or a meditation guard porting to you through a wall. Then you cannot survive this. If you can survive any of the above, you should have an even easier time since this does not delay in stealth to pressure cooldowns in a game of "will they, wont they?"

This is another thing of note that I mentioned before.The people getting blown up, are they getting blown up because mesmer without fail deletes any class (or any variant of a class) it unleashes the gank combo on, or are they blowing up because they specced as glassy as possible for omegadamage, and then didn't take any damage mitigating trait or instant cast protection/ werent paranoid about getting blown up to prevent being instagibbed?Context changes how strong it is. If you're getting erased because you specced zerker on ele and didnt take final shielding because you thought you were super good, that really isnt the fault of the mesmer that you got wiped.

Its really important to consider -who- is the most offended here and why they're offended. Otherwise, when/if this is patched theyre just gonna move on to worldly impact soulbeasts, killshot warriors, DJ Deadeyes, backstab thieves and anything else that challenges their glass build.

And 1shot scrapper, got boomed for 20k+ combos from stealth by them. Dunno why nobody plays it lol, propably grenade barrage being rng or something.

@TorQ.7041 said:Agreed. The stealth up time is just stuipd. You can't tell where it's coming from or even see. No sound no animation. Nothing to react to.

torch 4 has big animation, and loud and clear sound.if you use it to chain stealth you will explode in stealth after 3/4,5s giving even more queue.

Mass invis has long cast time, and big ripple animation.Decoy has no animation or sound that can be heard, signet of midnight has sound and animation.And desperate is in combat and passive.

Out of all the 1shots most can be avoided with proper footwork, and by paying attention.

@Odik.4587 said:

@AnodicShadow.3647 said:I just wish mirror blade wasn't unblockable. It doesn't need to be unblockable.

It actually kind of does need to be unlockable.

If it wasn't unlockable nonmemsers could create their own clones by reflecting it back at the mesmer, with no mechanics for what to do with it.

It would also be the only mesmer skill where you can straight up prevent the clones which isn't how other mesmer skills operate.

Clueless newcomers ¯_(ツ)_/¯. The same goes for thief shadow shot, first part of it is unblockable because otherwise teleport ppl to thief.A-failnut style nerf would be 50% dmg nerf on every gs skill, all shatters have 1s cast time, PU/MoP untouched - chrono treatment ?

I'm not a newcomer. I've been playing this game for almost 5 years now and have been pvping ever since HoT.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@TorQ.7041 said:Agreed. The stealth up time is just stuipd. You can't tell where it's coming from or even see. No sound no animation. Nothing to react to.

torch 4 has big animation, and loud and clear sound.if you use it to chain stealth you will explode in stealth after 3/4,5s giving even more queue.

Mass invis has long cast time, and big ripple animation.Decoy has no animation or sound that can be heard, signet of midnight has sound and animation.And desperate is in combat and passive.

Out of all the 1shots most can be avoided with proper footwork, and by paying attention.

Yeah err. No. Mass stealth. Torch. Beginning of Match you can be at far. Literally happen just an AT 2 ppl in stealth no signs nothing.

No shit torch had a big sign. Torch is 4 seconds u can see mes coming. Mass stealth u don't. Long cool down just doesn't justify shit. Stop excusing unblanace for it's ok it had cool down. Rampage has cool a long cool down. Was it ok? No

@TorQ.7041 said:

Yeah err. No. Mass stealth. Torch. Beginning of Match you can be at far. Literally happen just an AT 2 ppl in stealth no signs nothing.

No kitten torch had a big sign. Torch is 3
4 seconds
u can see mes coming. Mass stealth u don't. Long cool down just doesn't justify kitten. Stop excusing unblanace for it's ok it had cool down. Rampage has cool a long cool down. Was it ok? NoO, you compare now mass invis and rampage... When mass invis is used everyone goes down and mesmer becomes immortal for its duration while does tons of damage, CC and speedhack-level speed :joy: . Go ahead and cry about stealth gyro and 30s cd 6s aoe stealth on engi :wink:

Lol u guys arguing over rampage and mass invis etc atleast u can kill a mirage or a warrior lol unlike fb and ele's who just turtle on a node until 3 players can down it which usually takes some time,its a automatic two nodes taken for a decent timeframe if a team has each sitting on a node, it's broken asf. That's what people should be ranting about not this and pistol whip thieves lol

@Odik.4587 said:

4 seconds
u can see mes coming. Mass stealth u don't. Long cool down just doesn't justify kitten. Stop excusing unblanace for it's ok it had cool down. Rampage has cool a long cool down. Was it ok? NoO, you compare now mass invis and rampage... When mass invis is used everyone goes down and mesmer becomes immortal for its duration while does tons of damage, CC and speedhack-level speed :joy: . Go ahead and cry about stealth gyro and 30s cd 6s aoe stealth on engi :wink:

Except Engi can't 1 shot you with tell take signs.

But ok mesmer main

@TorQ.7041 said:

4 seconds

Except Engi can't 1 shot you with tell take signs.Easly - grenade barrage.But ok mesmer mainIts better to be ex-mesmer main than 30 iq main ;)

@Odik.4587 said:

4 seconds

Except Engi can't 1 shot you with tell take signs.Easly - grenade barrage.But ok mesmer mainIts better to be ex-mesmer main than 30 iq main ;)

Yes because we see those every where

Yes 30 iq needed to stealth then press 5 buttons very quickly.

@TorQ.7041 said:

4 seconds

Except Engi can't 1 shot you with tell take signs.Easly - grenade barrage.But ok mesmer mainIts better to be ex-mesmer main than 30 iq main ;)Yes because we see those every whereYes 30 iq needed to stealth then press 5 buttons very quickly.I see you managed to perform this..? congrats ! But its more about fast fingers ;)You could even make a list what classes need about 30 iq to play, would be useful for many forum users :joy:

@Odik.4587 said:

4 seconds

Except Engi can't 1 shot you with tell take signs.Easly - grenade barrage.But ok mesmer mainIts better to be ex-mesmer main than 30 iq main ;)Yes because we see those every whereYes 30 iq needed to stealth then press 5 buttons very quickly.I see you managed to perform this..? congrats ! But its more about fast fingers ;)You could even make a list what classes need about 30 iq to play, would be useful for many forum users :joy:

Ok cheese guy

@TorQ.7041 said:

No kitten torch had a big sign. Torch is 4 seconds u can see mes coming. Mass stealth u don't. Long cool down just doesn't justify kitten. Stop excusing unblanace for it's ok it had cool down. Rampage has cool a long cool down. Was it ok? No

mate, if enemy has 1shot mesmer. and you go to mid and there is NO enemy in sight. MAYBE just MAYBE you should donsider like, i dont know. Retreating ? or using defensive cooldows? I bet they just ran in and died xd

@Leonidrex.5649 said:mate, if enemy has 1shot mesmer. and you go to mid and there is NO enemy in sight. MAYBE just MAYBE you should donsider like, i dont know. Retreating ? or using defensive cooldows? I bet they just ran in and died xd

This is what I'm talking about when it comes to context in a match changing how strong something is. It only takes getting nuked once by a glass mesmer for you to understand that you should be paying attention to the minimap to see where they are before you go stand on a point. If they're nowhere to be seen, reconsider standing there for 6 seconds to rule out mass invis, then listen/watch for anything that may indicate a mesmer is setting up to gank you.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

No kitten torch had a big sign. Torch is 4 seconds u can see mes coming. Mass stealth u don't. Long cool down just doesn't justify kitten. Stop excusing unblanace for it's ok it had cool down. Rampage has cool a long cool down. Was it ok? No

mate, if enemy has 1shot mesmer. and you go to mid and there is NO enemy in sight. MAYBE just MAYBE you should donsider like, i dont know. Retreating ? or using defensive cooldows? I bet they just ran in and died xd

I don't actually have a problem with dying to 1 on my mains because either passive and or armor. I don't know where you are getting your imaginary scnerio from. But the fact that it can invis at large amounts of time and nuke a team with no signal or signs. Also being invis for 9 seconds hides u in mini map in the same way it hides a dp thief. Except a dp thief can't fully 1 shot.

You don't seem to understand that I am ok with 1 shot. But I am not ok to have a class that can 1 shot with no tell signs.