Core Power Mesmer Is Nasty Toxic Nonesense

Trevor Boyer.6524

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

@Stephen.6312 said:I knew I should've kept my kitten thoughts to myself.

@"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:You only need a hotkey set to "Target Next" and it will automatically look past the clones at the human target, every time.

Its better to speak, be corrected, and learn something in this situation. Don't ever be sorry for that. We're at each others throats a lot but if a pvper learns something and improves as a result, that's always good.Don't be afraid to debate and voice your opinions, as long as you do so respectfully.

How dare you be helpful and civilised on the pvp forums

@Twilight Tempest.7584 said:

@Odik.4587 said:By the way, its not the class problem (PU should be reworked into another useless GM trait like CI) that you cant see giant purple greatsword and didnt bother to turn your camera to the left while ran to the point, even more you are mirage with privilege to evade during CC, you should be the last person to complain about it.

Yeah it looks bad in that clip because the field of view is cropped to hide the player list and chat box. It was just the quickest way to hide them. In the game I could see pretty far to the left without turning, as I'm on an ultrawide monitor now :smile:

Watching the original, there is no visual indication of the Mesmer's presence at all until the burst, not even on map. I can show you if you want. And there is no way at all I could have heard the stealth sound. I can still only barely make it out when rewatching the clip if I max the volume and focus on the moment Leonidrex mentioned.

Everything's clear in 20/20 hindsight, especially in a video clip where you know what's coming. Needless to say I wasn't expecting that burst from stealth at all. Now I know what to watch for when I see a core mes in the player list. The rest will be up to my reaction time and ping I suppose.

And yes, I know I'm not allowed to complain when I'm playing Mirage, the least sympathetic spec in the game.^^

It's not about you beeing a mirage xDIt's because you complain about something that has been in gw2 since betaand in your current class you can counter it better than anybody elseyet instead of learning and getting better you come here and complain

First, to counter a mesmer you just have to predict and dodge, it's that simple, if you can't predict because it's the first time you see him/her, then you have to react.. and i mean to the giant greatsword flying at you.. the one you didn't even try to dodgeone dodge and thats it, a block, evade frame, or invulnerabilty works wonders too, and that mesmer has to run away because he has almost no more offensive skills strong enough to kill you

now regarding the mirage part, some dumb or new players call core mes op because he can stun you with f3 (diversion) and then pull the one shot, leaving most classes unable to defend themselves, but guess what, mirage can dodge even through hard cc!! so for you it's extremely easy to avoid almost all of the burst, but why learn? why get better? when you can just post a rant on the forum and ask for wild nerfs for a class you clearly know little about right?

source: i've been playing for 5 years, i mained mesmer a while, and i fought against the best power shatter mesmers around in countless 1v1 or pvp matches, also i've seen every build mesmer had in every spec

and it's actually a shame whats happening, mesmers got all of their strongest builds nerfed to the ground, somehow they always managed to go back to older mechanics and make them work in a completely different meta, yet new players instead of learning how to counter those old mechanics (they are litteraly millions of youtube videos year after year of how to) they just come here and start crying, yet they don't realize it's pretty hard to main mesmer today having so many holos and fb around, and we were narrowed from having several builds to just two, yet they ask for even more nerfs... what is their goal? delete the class from the game?...

@kraai.7265 said:

@"Odik.4587" said:By the way, its not the class problem (PU should be reworked into another useless GM trait like CI) that you cant see giant purple greatsword and didnt bother to turn your camera to the left while ran to the point, even more you are mirage with privilege to evade during CC, you should be the last person to complain about it.

Yeah it looks bad in that clip because the field of view is cropped to hide the player list and chat box. It was just the quickest way to hide them. In the game I could see pretty far to the left without turning, as I'm on an ultrawide monitor now :smile:

Watching the original, there is no visual indication of the Mesmer's presence at all until the burst, not even on map. I can show you if you want. And there is no way at all I could have heard the stealth sound. I can still only barely make it out when rewatching the clip if I max the volume and focus on the moment Leonidrex mentioned.

Everything's clear in 20/20 hindsight, especially in a video clip where you know what's coming. Needless to say I wasn't expecting that burst from stealth at all. Now I know what to watch for when I see a core mes in the player list. The rest will be up to my reaction time and ping I suppose.

And yes, I know I'm not allowed to complain when I'm playing Mirage, the least sympathetic spec in the game.^^

It's not about you beeing a mirage xDIt's because you complain about something that has been in gw2 since betaand in your current class you can counter it better than anybody elseyet instead of learning and getting better you come here and complain

First, to counter a mesmer you just have to predict and dodge, it's that simple, if you can't predict because it's the first time you see him/her, then you have to react.. and i mean to the giant greatsword flying at you.. the one you didn't even try to dodgeone dodge and thats it, a block, evade frame, or invulnerabilty works wonders too, and that mesmer has to run away because he has almost no more offensive skills strong enough to kill you

now regarding the mirage part, some dumb or new players call core mes op because he can stun you with f3 (diversion) and then pull the one shot, leaving most classes unable to defend themselves, but guess what, mirage can dodge even through hard cc!! so for you it's extremely easy to avoid almost all of the burst, but why learn? why get better?
when you can just post a rant on the forum and ask for wild nerfs for a class you clearly know little about right?

Is that what I did? If so, please show me where.

If you missed it, you might want to see my earlier post where I say quite the opposite:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1114393/#Comment_1114393

That said, I do tend to agree with those saying 1-shots from stealth (especially long stealth) are just dumb, unhealthy, and shouldn't be a thing.

@AnodicShadow.3647 said:I just wish mirror blade wasn't unblockable. It doesn't need to be unblockable.

It actually kind of does need to be unlockable.

If it wasn't unlockable nonmemsers could create their own clones by reflecting it back at the mesmer, with no mechanics for what to do with it.

It would also be the only mesmer skill where you can straight up prevent the clones which isn't how other mesmer skills operate.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@AnodicShadow.3647 said:I just wish mirror blade wasn't unblockable. It doesn't need to be unblockable.

It actually kind of does need to be unlockable.

If it wasn't unlockable nonmemsers could create their own clones by reflecting it back at the mesmer, with no mechanics for what to do with it.

It would also be the only mesmer skill where you can straight up prevent the clones which isn't how other mesmer skills operate.

Clueless newcomers ¯_(ツ)_/¯. The same goes for thief shadow shot, first part of it is unblockable because otherwise teleport ppl to thief.A-failnut style nerf would be 50% dmg nerf on every gs skill, all shatters have 1s cast time, PU/MoP untouched - chrono treatment ?

@"Axl.8924" said:Im just gonna say this and its pve sorry guys i don-t get it, the damage in pve from shatters doesn-t seem that good.

Im doing maybe 5k from shatters?

This is the best break down of what a power mesmer burst is, a step by step break down of all the various parts of the combo.

The video is a tad outdated as it's about chronomancer before it lost Illusionary Persona but the only thing that has truly changed is that you aren't Continuum Splitting to do the burst twice back to back and in PvP everyone is playing core mesmer.

This combo on core mesmer will global most builds in the game.

@"Axl.8924" said:Does this apply to pve too?

Yeah. If you're trying to do the power burst on Chrono it will be inherently weaker than mesmer and mirage because the Chrono doesn't count as a clone and doesn't pulse damage.

pJwe8Kw.jpgOn core mesmer and mirage you can output all that damage in a fraction of a second. Even more actually because the golem died before my GS3 landed.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

Yeah. If you're trying to do the power burst on Chrono it will be inherently weaker than mesmer and mirage because the Chrono doesn't count as a clone and doesn't pulse damage.

pJwe8Kw.jpg

On core mesmer and mirage you can output all that damage in a fraction of a second. Even more actually because the golem died before my GS3 landed.

This are around 16-17k dmg in 5 hits in my opinion that's fine

@Avatar.3568 said:

pJwe8Kw.jpg

On core mesmer and mirage you can output all that damage in a fraction of a second. Even more actually because the golem died before my GS3 landed.

This are around 16-17k dmg in 5 hits in my opinion that's fine

You don't have to estimate. It was 19,601. In six hits. And had the golem not died too fast it would have eaten a Mind Stab for another 5k damage for 24k total and seven hits.

This also isn't just seven hits over time. This damage all happens all at once within a very small fraction of a second and when done properly is physically impossible to react to.

https://clips.twitch.tv/HedonisticWanderingBeanFutureMan

Instead of that can we please nerf condis again? SPVP classes need to not spew out that much condi some of the condi classes and i have had whole groups wipe out teams is really ridiculous. forget about mesmers lets go after condis i say put hunting season on condis, and then nerf cleanses as well while we are at it to balance.

There is literally no strategy whatsoever its just carpet bomb after carpet bomb of condis.

@Axl.8924 said:Instead of that can we please nerf condis again? SPVP classes need to not spew out that much condi some of the condi classes and i have had whole groups wipe out teams is really ridiculous. forget about mesmers lets go after condis i say put hunting season on condis, and then nerf cleanses as well while we are at it to balance.

There is literally no strategy whatsoever its just carpet bomb after carpet bomb of condis.

Condition damage attacks are just normal attack that do a bit more damage at the expensive of taking a bit longer for the damage to manifest, being able to be retroactively negated with cleanses and resistance and invulnerability. There's fundamentally little to no difference. If you eat a lot of condis, that's really just you eating a lot of attacks.

@Ubi.4136 said:There are a lot of players who have decent refliexes, but with server side skill lag this problem could be easily solved by the game alt-f4'ing anyone who uses a macro. I would bet 90+% of the instakills would vanish from all competitive modes if the game just disconnected a player the second they hit a macro.

nobody uses macro to 1shot lol. it takes longer to look for macros then to learn the combo properly