[Strike Mission] Boneskinner after patch too hard (by bug) ?

ReActif.9251

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:

@"Kelly.7019" said:welp sorry i missed you, but 15mins ago i was here on the forums :Dedit: wait i'm being toxic? that's funny, i'd say the same thing about you.hmmm. perspective & opinion. tis all interesting :)

How is it toxic to ask healers for boneskinner as they are needed?

its not toxic to ask for certain classes - the quote above says nothing about that.

What's toxic is strike missions becoming raid meta only builds. Or maybe better put defeats the "training" aspect.Strikes should be a place for people who want to learn, not a barrier for those that don't have the right build or skills yet.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@Kelly.7019 said:Welp raid elitists (as expected) seem to be ruining the bjora strike mission with the LFG posts "meta raid builds" for a lowly raid training strike? Everytime now (post fix) i look, i see either zero posts for this strike or raid meta only posts. :( and sitting around waiting for a group that never forms when creating yer own post isn't at all funz.

@"Moi.5013" said:the rewards are not reflective of the difficulty.....

Dhuum raid boss gives you 2 gold and 1 random exotic weekly when you kill it and its considered as hardest boss in game. So strike rewards are perfectly fine.

This. If strike rewards get buffed, raid rewards better get doubled/tripled.

Yeah. Not sure why strike missions even need better rewards anyways. They are a learning bridge to raids, might aswell teach that raids are not rewarding ?

The bigger problem i see, is that players are going to lose interest quickly. They already are. I got lucky and did it before the buff, and -everyone- was doing it then. Honestly, SMs need a slower increase in difficulty than they did, or way better rewards. Im not gonna play through the toxicity of what this SM has become for nothing. Raids have legendary armour, what do SMs have that make it worth while? A learning experience? no, because they arent even that, they are either to easy, or to hard right of the get go. Add to that, almost no group wants to do anything but speed run these due to the rewards vanishing over time, which promotes a terrible learning environment which is what these are supposed to be for. Is it working? i dont think so.

Yea, interest lost if only elitist kitten are running this.

Create your own LFG then

read the top part of the comment again.

Read the rest of my post that I edited in as you were posting this. Not wanting to make your own LFG is not an excuse to be toxic to those that chose to take the initiative to create their own because they have requirements that you don’t agree with.

Yeah. Around 15 minutes ago i posted "normal"double chrono double heal squad composition in lfg, took 5 minutes for squad to get filled and it was a clean oneshot kill. there was not even any LI or other requirements like that, only roles like chrono, dps and so on.I cant understand why some players find this toxic.

Some players who have been regularly doing the strikes now feel left out I guess if not meta or a certain class. I'm sure he wasn't looking right after reset when you can get groups easy. These shouldn't be too strict as some lfg as getting gold is no extra rewards but some groups want to snag 10 meta perfect group instead maybe a couple requirements then some pugs who get to learn/ be carried. If you look in lfg and mostly see healbrand only or multiple acronyms you scare of newer players which is the opposite of what these strikes were for

Hmm perhaps the listing looks confusing for newer players. But i support it that every1 can play how they want, thats why we have an option to create our own LFG or use the public strike group.

PERSONALLY i dont care is the squad composition meta or not, for me its enough that there is 2 guys healing and quickness, alacrity fury and might covered.

@Kelly.7019 said:

@Kelly.7019 said:welp sorry i missed you, but 15mins ago i was here on the forums :Dedit: wait i'm being toxic? that's funny, i'd say the same thing about you.hmmm. perspective & opinion. tis all interesting :)

its not toxic to ask for certain classes - the quote above says nothing about that.

What's toxic is strike missions becoming raid meta only builds. Or maybe better put defeats the "training" aspect.Strikes should be a place for people who want to learn, not a barrier for those that don't have the right build or skills yet.

Read my edit :DSowwy :3

@Kelly.7019 said:

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:Yeah. Around 15 minutes ago i posted "normal"double chrono double heal squad composition in lfg, took 5 minutes for squad to get filled and it was a clean oneshot >kill. there was not even any LI or other requirements like that, only roles like chrono, dps and so on.cant understand why some players find this toxic.

welp sorry i missed you, but 15mins ago i was here on the forums :disappointed:

Read the rest of my post that I edited in as you were posting this. Not wanting to make your own LFG is not an excuse to be toxic to those that chose to take the initiative to create their own because they have requirements that you don’t agree with.

wait i'm being toxic? that's funny, i was thinking the same thing about you.hmmm. perspective & opinion. tis all interesting :)

The first part of what you quoted was not something I said.

In regards the last half of your post, you're being toxic in regards to how you're treating those that took the initiative to create their own LFG simply because they have requirements that you do not agree with.

@Kelly.7019 said:

@Kelly.7019 said:welp sorry i missed you, but 15mins ago i was here on the forums :Dedit: wait i'm being toxic? that's funny, i'd say the same thing about you.hmmm. perspective & opinion. tis all interesting :)

It's not toxic for players to have requirements for THEIR own groups. You are always free to create your own. This has always been the case with this game since the beginning when players had requirements for their own dungeon groups. They were accused of being toxic because some players didn't want to create their own groups. Dungeons were not even difficult content.

It's not toxic for players to have requirements for THEIR own groups. You are always free to create your own.

Yeah. If im commanding a strike squad my goal is to kill the boss and get all the chests. If there is an easy way to do it ofc i will, why should i wipe there over and over again when there is an option to build my squad in a way that its for sure capable to achieve what i want.

@Kelly.7019 said:

If you want strikes to be a learning environment, you should be asking anet for more in game performance feedback tools. Even with grothmars strike, if there was a post pull stats page of how much damage dealt , Boons, heals, and mechanics failed it would go a long way to getting people to realize where they stand. Add in an achievement for each strike to obtain an s ranking in each of the categories

@Fueki.4753 said:

@"ReActif.9251" said:(
gear check, class check, french autoban check, etc)
That sounds like many of my German friends that have an unreasonable hatred towards French players.

I know this well, I am French and when the dungeons were the only contents, at the time of French bashing, if our English was typical of a French or if we spoke French, even before the build request, we were excluded (but it came more from English).

I will say something very unkind but I understood this attitude sometimes when I saw that unfortunately many (less now) of my compatriot did not put absolutely any will to try either to understand or to master some English terms it did not help to learn strategies that at the very beginning was not necessarily easy to understand right away.

But it's funny I've never had any trouble with Germans, on the contrary.After that it was never possible to make a particular case (my experience) a generality, I mostly said this in addition to the rest for the joke.

I just notice that my post wanted at first a question that I thought was simple to be able to give the answers to my contacts afterward, if it was a normal upgrade and correction and not that elements like flares didn't work because we understood and mastered the strategy but we really believed that they did nothing for our instance (nothing excluded a bug totally at that time)

And I see that the debate has shifted very quickly, or even immediately to a class struggle between players who want to be elite (with various names, but often denigrating the worst without distinction) and those who refuse any difficulty (but they are not the most numerous to react).

That's it, my misunderstanding remains complete even if I deduced that it didn't seem abnormal so in all these messages that go from contempt for all players said casual (this is not supposed to be an insult normally) and those who only play for "hard" things (I put quotation marks because it is not hard in itself, GW2 is a rhythm game, more than a real game requiring skill, like it or not, ok this is my personal opinion only of course, it is reality and it is another debate to know if it is easy for ArenaNet to add things requiring high level skill to a game of this kind).

Anyway, so it has become like the old dungeons even asking for LIs now to be able to join a squad (and some posts here are closer to ego reaction really oversize looking for the slightest element to feel better than the mass by treating it if possible with all the most negative terms)

Especially since I didn't see anyone here, or even in the game, complaining about the existence of these strike missions by saying that it would be too hard for this game or any other, no, there was just a question following a normal patch correction a question when to know if the operation of this boss was considered normal, in the sense not bug.

I know that some are in absolute search of something that will make them feel different, of challenges to which they can say they have succeeded when few will succeed, but is that really the goal of strike missions? Is that really the purpose of this game, is it in its very nature? Well, that's another debate.

Congratulations to anyone who has read everything (sorry for the English from a probably imperfect translator).I just finish on the reminder of the simple question that is the title of this post, but on the optics everything works or things are still abnormal?

Thank you.

Did this last night. Our group wiped five times trying the mechanics. Leader finally said, forget mechanics completely. We swapped to four healers, stood in the middle, dps'd, got it down easy peasy with one attempt.

Morale of the story: as usual in gw2 for public content, mechanics are not necessary.

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:

@Moi.5013 said:the rewards are not reflective of the difficulty.....

Dhuum raid boss gives you 2 gold and 1 random exotic weekly when you kill it and its considered as hardest boss in game. So strike rewards are perfectly fine.

This is so disengenious, dhuum also drops a high value chair, 4 unique skins and gating crystals that can be used to buy say chair and skins.Currently, gv strike has a better value with 3 unique skins and a chair, all that can be sold. Bm needs better rewards similar to gv.

@Shadowmoon.7986 said:

@Moi.5013 said:the rewards are not reflective of the difficulty.....

This is so disengenious, dhuum also drops a high value chair, 4 unique skins and gating crystals that can be used to buy say chair and skins.Currently, gv strike has a better value with 3 unique skins and a chair, all that can be sold. Bm needs better rewards similar to gv.

Yes there is a chance to loot those items. With that logic veteran ascalonian ghost is a good enemy to farm because they drop precursors.I was talking about 100% loots here anyways. Sure they can add something cool with rare droprate to boneskinner if that is enough to keep players intrested.

My note to players saying its too hard;See this as an opportunity to improve. This boss is quite easy when you create the right squad composition, you can expand your class pool and try to learn&play the class that will benefit the squad most. It will give you the opportunity to learn new mechanics and classes better overall in the end. If you just sit and say "its too hard" rather than thinking on how to tackle the issues you face and improving, you will never become better. If you dont want to become better than just keep doing open world. Strike missions are a bridge to raids not to world bosses.

@"Alyster.9470" said:My note to players saying its too hard;See this as an opportunity to improve. This boss is quite easy when you create the right squad composition, you can expand your class pool and try to learn&play the class that will benefit the squad most. It will give you the opportunity to learn new mechanics and classes better overall in the end. If you just sit and say "its too hard" rather than thinking on how to tackle the issues you face and improving, you will never become better. If you dont want to become better than just keep doing open world. Strike missions are a bridge to raids not to world bosses.

And then you have the people who want to actually have fun instead of treating the game as a second job and tediously improve their performance.Also, not everyone can improve.Given the rewards being abysmal, I doubt many people even are interested in improving on fighting a boss that only is available every third week.

Apparently no one read anything other than just the title of the post?For example, the content of the message and the context of the question?

It was to know if it was not due to a dysfunction of some pattern or elements of the fight (in this case I did not give more info but I had been asked the question following an attempt or despite the torch lit, despite the CC performed it ended with a room covered with the aoe and a death of all the members despite healing them (I had not excluded the idea of a particular case but the debate went on afterwards on another thing)

To put it simply, it was to find out if the patch had worked well or if it had caused any other problems, then it was left in 2 answers on a confrontation on hard or not hard.

But with the answers I deduced that if I go beyond the posts that make a fight between casual and player who masters the game, there still seems to be some feedback when it comes to wondering if his mechanics is actually still the right one.

But well I didn't think that 90% of people would have read only the title.What is annoying is that this post will probably continue to spread only based on casual /skilled player arguments

NB: i think i will change the title soon

Tried the patched Boneskinner last night with my Guild. We tried it 3 times and failed. Among our group we had players who raid. We had healers, we broke him but could not get him below 41%. My observations:

1. A casual group of players is not going to be successful on this strike mission(the vast majority of the time). If ANeT wanted casual players to learn anything, they won't. They will simply become frustrated and ignore the content. Plus, the "Raid Meta Only" groups won't let them in to learn.
  2. The difficulty is tuned way beyond normal content that you want for open world content.(It was way too easy before though) The Boneskinner is closer to Raid content than it needs to be.
  3. From my perspective, as someone who raids, the Vale Guardian is easy compared to this fight and we don't do greens. Heck most Raid bosses are easier.
  4. Yes, the rewards are pitiful.

Finally, for those who use the learn to play adage, this isn't where you apply it. The Boneskinner was far over-tuned when they patched it. Yes, it was supposed to be the hardest among the new Strike Missions, but if ANeT wants the majority/all of the players to actually play/enjoy the content the level of tuning should be adjusted slightly downwards. Players who do Raids will always do Raids and have that content. The players who don't do Raids and want to do the Strike Missions but can't get past a boss even if they bang their heads against it for hours will simply not do that content, defeating the purpose of ANeT's introduction of said content. There has to be a happy level of difficulty that ANeT can come to on Strike Missions. Hopefully they already know this and will act accordingly.

The difficulty feels just fine to me. You just need one or two people with movement skills to handle the torches and ensure you break the defiance bar every time.

The groups that fail tend to be too slow at getting the torches and breaking the bar. If all of the torches go out, I’d say it’s not worth it to continue going for torches as things tend to snowball with those players doing torches going down to the dots as they’re out of range from the heals.

Also, for rangers, don’t be that guy camping longbow at range doing 3K DPS.

@"Heibi.4251" said:Tried the patched Boneskinner last night with my Guild. We tried it 3 times and failed. Among our group we had players who raid. We had healers, we broke him but could not get him below 41%. My observations:

1. A casual group of players is not going to be successful on this strike mission(the vast majority of the time). If ANeT wanted casual players to learn anything, they won't. They will simply become frustrated and ignore the content. Plus, the "Raid Meta Only" groups won't let them in to learn.
  2. The difficulty is tuned way beyond normal content that you want for open world content.(It was way too easy before though) The Boneskinner is closer to Raid content than it needs to be.
  3. From my perspective, as someone who raids, the Vale Guardian is easy compared to this fight and we don't do greens. Heck most Raid bosses are easier.

Finally, for those who use the learn to play adage, this isn't where you apply it. The Boneskinner was far over-tuned when they patched it. Yes, it was supposed to be the hardest among the new Strike Missions, but if ANeT wants the majority/all of the players to actually play/enjoy the content the level of tuning should be adjusted slightly downwards. Players who do Raids will always do Raids and have that content. The players who don't do Raids and want to do the Strike Missions but can't get past a boss even if they bang their heads against it for hours will simply not do that content, defeating the purpose of ANeT's introduction of said content. There has to be a happy level of difficulty that ANeT can come to on Strike Missions. Hopefully they already know this and will act accordingly.

Tbh your guild failed because you were using wrong strategy. PLEASE tell me that you will try it again with your guild and share the results here.

Now here is what you need to do: 1-2 healers are enough, however if you wanna really cheese it, add 3rd healer. Make every1 ALWAYS stack behind the boss AND inside his hitbox (red circle under the boss when you target him). Dont care about torch mechanics, just skip them. Stay middle always, even when boss jumps off.If you do this, boss wont spawn those AOEs and its really easy to rez if some1 goes down in a stack.When boss disappears every1 should share aegis or prepare to dodge when he jumps back.

^do this and promise you that its an easy kill :)

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:

@"Heibi.4251" said:Tried the patched Boneskinner last night with my Guild. We tried it 3 times and failed. Among our group we had players who raid. We had healers, we broke him but could not get him below 41%. My observations:

Tbh your guild failed because you were using wrong strategy. PLEASE tell me that you will try it again with your guild and share the results here.

Now here is what you need to do: 1-2 healers are enough, however if you wanna really cheese it, add 3rd healer. Make every1 ALWAYS stack behind the boss AND inside his hitbox (red circle under the boss when you target him). Dont care about torch mechanics, just skip them. Stay middle always, even when boss jumps off.If you do this, boss wont spawn those AOEs and its really easy to rez if some1 goes down in a stack.When boss disappears every1 should share aegis or prepare to dodge when he jumps back.

And we did all you just suggested and still no success. Sorry to burst your elitist bubble.

@Heibi.4251 said:

@Heibi.4251 said:Tried the patched Boneskinner last night with my Guild. We tried it 3 times and failed. Among our group we had players who raid. We had healers, we broke him but could not get him below 41%. My observations:

And we did all you just suggested and still no success. Sorry to burst your elitist bubble.

I don’t think calling someone elitist for trying to help you is warranted. That’s a little toxic.

I did it yesterday in pu to 9 peoples, with 2 tempest heal, me in alac + ventarie to block projectiles + power dps we stayed in the middle.it went very peacefully.Then I can understand that it is complicated for the vast majority who don't do raids.You just have to tell yourself that it's not because there's a mechanic that it's the easiest way to kill the boss.

But don't do torches, just dodge and don't stay in front of the boss there's nothing hard about it.

@Heibi.4251 said:

@Heibi.4251 said:Tried the patched Boneskinner last night with my Guild. We tried it 3 times and failed. Among our group we had players who raid. We had healers, we broke him but could not get him below 41%. My observations:

Most likely u had players moving away from the hitbox and spawning AOEs or something. As that strat even worked with a squad that has 8 new players and only 2 guys who knew the fight 15 minutes ago. Heal scourge is also a huge carry there.

Feel free to ask help ingame aswell unless its too elitist to suggest you to do something ofc.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:It’s not at the difficulty of a raid boss though. The issue is that players are choosing not to learn, and execute, mechanics. I’ve been in some fail groups where players who were assigned torches chose not to do them.Sadly you don't even need to do the mechanics. I was in a group about 30 minutes ago that completed the boss without doing a single mechanic, just because of how powerful our heals were.