Can we change the tier systems or merge some servers?

jgeezz.7832

WVW IS really bad I tired of fight servers with 3 times our numbers and cheaters too how about you dev start looking at thing is wvw does see how facing the same servers every weeks is fair or fun. My server has face YB like 6 times in 2 months. They cheat and nothing is being done about and i know people have reported guilds like IE so many times for cheating its not even funny.

@jgeezz.7832 said:WVW IS really bad I tired of fight servers with 3 times our numbers and cheaters too how about you dev start looking at thing is wvw does see how facing the same servers every weeks is fair or fun. My server has face YB like 6 times in 2 months. They cheat and nothing is being done about and i know people have reported guilds like IE so many times for cheating its not even funny.

indeed. some servers need to go. they shold just implement my idea where everyone gets periodically kicked of a server and choose again

I have Seen and IE ranger spam 3 rapid fires in the space of 30 secs Also i know people say they arent cheat its a common thread that they are not, I am not the only one who has seen. All i am saying all you hear from the dev talks and stuff is PVP this or PVP that nothing new and transfer cost plus its not the answer. we need some like into hell game play. there are too many battle grounds not enough players to cover it all.

@jgeezz.7832 said:I have Seen and IE ranger spam 3 rapid fires in the space of 30 secs Also i know people say they arent cheat its a common thread that they are not, I am not the only one who has seen. All i am saying all you hear from the dev talks and stuff is PVP this or PVP that nothing new and transfer cost plus its not the answer. we need some like into hell game play. there are too many battle grounds not enough players to cover it all.Rapid fire has a 10s cd... untraited...

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@jgeezz.7832 said:WVW IS really bad I tired of fight servers with 3 times our numbers and cheaters too how about you dev start looking at thing is wvw does see how facing the same servers every weeks is fair or fun. My server has face YB like 6 times in 2 months. They cheat and nothing is being done about and i know people have reported guilds like IE so many times for cheating its not even funny.

indeed. some servers need to go. they shold just implement my idea where everyone gets periodically kicked of a server and choose again

So.... Alliances?

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@jgeezz.7832 said:I have Seen and IE ranger spam 3 rapid fires in the space of 30 secs Also i know people say they arent cheat its a common thread that they are not, I am not the only one who has seen. All i am saying all you hear from the dev talks and stuff is PVP this or PVP that nothing new and transfer cost plus its not the answer. we need some like into hell game play. there are too many battle grounds not enough players to cover it all.Rapid fire has a 10s cd... untraited...

Heh... /argument.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"jgeezz.7832" said:I have Seen and IE ranger spam 3 rapid fires in the space of 30 secs Also i know people say they arent cheat its a common thread that they are not, I am not the only one who has seen. All i am saying all you hear from the dev talks and stuff is PVP this or PVP that nothing new and transfer cost plus its not the answer. we need some like into hell game play. there are too many battle grounds not enough players to cover it all.Rapid fire has a 10s cd... untraited...

I wasnt sure how long it exactly had, but i was thinking the same, the problem with ppl calling others cheater is that many dont even look into the class of the "cheater" and what it actually can do.

OP, was that your only example of a cheater?If ppl are not teleporting inside of objectoves etc, or with classes that have no teleport, then id be very cautious with accusing others of cheating

@Fish.2769 said:

So.... Alliances?

we don't know how alliances works yet because it does not yet exist.

@Sovereign.1093 said:

So.... Alliances?

As true as that may be, that's exactly how they've described it to work.

@Fish.2769 said:

So.... Alliances?

As true as that may be, that's exactly how they've described it to work.

lets hope it comes to pass then. since describing something may not be the same as how it's supposed to be irl.

@RedShark.9548 said:

@"jgeezz.7832" said:I have Seen and IE ranger spam 3 rapid fires in the space of 30 secs Also i know people say they arent cheat its a common thread that they are not, I am not the only one who has seen. All i am saying all you hear from the dev talks and stuff is PVP this or PVP that nothing new and transfer cost plus its not the answer. we need some like into hell game play. there are too many battle grounds not enough players to cover it all.Rapid fire has a 10s cd... untraited...

I wasnt sure how long it exactly had, but i was thinking the same, the problem with ppl calling others cheater is that many dont even look into the class of the "cheater" and what it actually can do.

OP, was that your only example of a cheater?If ppl are not teleporting inside of objectoves etc, or with classes that have no teleport, then id be very cautious with accusing others of cheating

When someone calls out a cheater, the first thing I want is a video. I have been called a cheater/hacker I don't know how many times, and even got a few recorded where they PM/mail me to let me know they reported me for cheating. This used to NEVER happen, however since PoF, this has become far more common. Many people see something they don't understand or care to look into and just exclaim cheating because they lost.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

When someone calls out a cheater, the first thing I want is a video. I have been called a cheater/hacker I don't know how many times, and even got a few recorded where they PM/mail me to let me know they reported me for cheating. This used to NEVER happen, however since PoF, this has become far more common. Many people see something they don't understand or care to look into and just exclaim cheating because they lost.

why would someone call you a cheater?

@Sovereign.1093 said:

I was fighting a duel 1vs1 by the rock close to SWT, 8 people ran in to gank, I was full CD in the fight, so I got rolled, they then sieged me and corpse jumped. I ran back, they were in the tower by then (trying to cap) however only 4-5 stuck around, I ran in solo and killed all of them and returned the BMing, then got called a "Fucking cheater".

It's at 1:53 I get the mail:

I then killed them all again only to have one Alt F4 at the end of the fight.

Before anyone says it, yes, I was playing sloppy, and yes, they were that bad of players.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

I was fighting a duel 1vs1 by the rock close to SWT, 8 people ran in to gank, I was full CD in the fight, so I got rolled, they then sieged me and corpse jumped. I ran back, they were in the tower by then (trying to cap) however only 4-5 stuck around, I ran in solo and killed all of them and returned the BMing, then got called a "kitten cheater".

Before anyone says it, yes, I was playing sloppy, and yes, they were that bad of players

:) As long as you didn't cheat. So(^^)(^^)(^^)(^^) all is well

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

I was fighting a duel 1vs1 by the rock close to SWT, 8 people ran in to gank, I was full CD in the fight, so I got rolled, they then sieged me and corpse jumped. I ran back, they were in the tower by then (trying to cap) however only 4-5 stuck around, I ran in solo and killed all of them and returned the BMing, then got called a "kitten cheater".

Before anyone says it, yes, I was playing sloppy, and yes, they were that bad of players.

Looking at their ranks says it all

@jgeezz.7832 said:Just Looking at someone rank doesn't mean anything, gear has an effect but only to a point a lot of it is skill, Not even builds.

Very true, some of the highest ranks I have seen play just as bad as the lowest, mostly because they never play outside a blob, or got their rank back in the EOTM days. However, those in the videos above were indeed low skilled. But that is the point, people like this are all over, who will without understanding, claim someone is cheating just because they lost the fight.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

@jgeezz.7832 said:Just Looking at someone rank doesn't mean anything, gear has an effect but only to a point a lot of it is skill, Not even builds.

Very true, some of the highest ranks I have seen play just as bad as the lowest, mostly because they never play outside a blob, or got their rank back in the EOTM days. However, those in the videos above were indeed low skilled. But that is the point, people like this are all over, who will without understanding, claim someone is cheating just because they lost the fight.

May be an acquired taste though. If I don't have someone to play with, I log off, and just work on irl projects.

It can get really boring

Meh the IE guys are annoying but I don't think they're cheating, they just tend to run in groups to gank people with sustain ranger and pocket eng healer, people make the mistake of running back at them solo, although if you run at them with greater numbers they just continually run away to string out the groups, you won't get a good fight with them just stop bothering and move on.

Still pretty stupid how much sustain/escape some of these classes have with the dps they can output, again lack of proper balance over the years.

IE definitely doesn't cheat. I've seen them a decent amount, generally between red keep and spawn. They will certainly gank, but generally the legitimate fights they take part in find them outnumbered by a few people and being heavily bombarded by siege. They kite away when a significantly larger group pushes, but generally its just to regroup across the bridge away from the keep siege. They are capable players running extremely strong specs, but they aren't unkillable for sure. I can think of two past roaming guilds, one past havoc guild and one current roaming guild that could easily roll IE. For those wondering, the old school roaming BG guilds, RIOT and oPP at their peaks, they would win due to being better at mobility and escape than even IE's rangers. On the more organized front you have the TC havoc guild FLOT, while they generally focused on small man late night PPT, when engaged they buried most groups that weren't full on zergs..and pretty often even those. Pretty sure they didn't have anything that wasn't a full zerker burst guard or zerker necromancer.. On the still active list you obviously have the current WvW terrors, vT, which needs little introduction and whose exploits are much better known than the older guilds.

What will merging servers accomplish? When so few are willing to do anything for the realm? fairweathers will be fairweathers.

First thought was dependent on how long alliances will be. But the positive aspects of the relinks are letting people meet others they might not have been able to team with and people could theoretically consider who they might want to team up with for alliances. This is all dependent on alliances still on the table. It's ironic the people that are less for alliances are the ones that were more on the server pride side and are more likely the people left on the lower population and linked servers. Alliances are the silver bullets for the server pride side of the group. So forcing them to transfer and then not have alliances launched would be a double gut punch.