Do you have Pre- POF goals?

I currently don't have a level 80, and would really like to have one to experience the new content! However, it isn't really my primary goal - I refuse to power level because there is so much amazing content already. I'm basically leveling organically, as I should be. I guess my main goals are to work on map completion, be frugal and save as much money and materials as I can for my future legendary, and level up cooking and artificer. And of course, have fun. :)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@rapthorne.7345 said:I'm mainly trying to get all my classes to at least 250 HP to (hopefully) get elites maxed asap

Why are people so overly eager to "get enough HP" in advance? With HoT, it took me only an short evening of playtime to gather enough HP for the respective elite spec. I assume it will be similar with PoF.

Just relax and enjoy the story, you will get your elite specs soon enough. :)

as of right now i have not got one at all single or any goal . for or after path of fire for the reason i am not buying the new pack at all . as it is not offering me what i want or had hoped for to come to this game . since i been playing it since the days of guild wars its self . i would like to but it is just not in the cards . so in the mean time i will enjoy and work on other things and hope they put the new changes into the game i been hoping for . to give us all a more better game than it is even right now . and should that not be the case well its been fun .

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@rapthorne.7345 said:I'm mainly trying to get all my classes to at least 250 HP to (hopefully) get elites maxed asap

Why are people so overly eager to "get enough HP" in advance? With HoT, it took me only an short evening of playtime to gather enough HP for the respective elite spec. I assume it will be similar with PoF.

because I want my play time to be focused on the story and having fun with friends and guildies, rather than spazzing around hunting down HPs and picking between not using the new elites or using them without all of their features

@rapthorne.7345 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:Why are people so overly eager to "get enough HP" in advance? With HoT, it took me only an short evening of playtime to gather enough HP for the respective elite spec. I assume it will be similar with PoF.

because I want my play time to be focused on the story and having fun with friends and guildies, rather than spazzing around hunting down HPs and picking between not using the new elites or using them without all of their features

Okay, I get your point of view. Maybe I am just not thrilled enough about most of the new elite specs (with a few exceptions) that I would mind playing with my current builds until I've collected the HP required (and even after that, I might still stick to the current builds, only time will tell).

I wanted to make Ad Infinitum to finally have a glider skin in addition to basic glider, and a backpiece with re-selectable stats, which I finished last week. I also wanted to try out some raiding (anything between 100% guild and 100% pug groups), which has been made much easier by gearing a cps as I only had a geared dps before. Won't be able to play much more before the expansion hits, so I'm happy with my progress.

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

• Figuring out what makes GW2 crash my PC,Occassionally when playing GW2 my pc reboots and I get the 'lost power unexpectedly' note in my event log, so I got nothing to work with. Trying out things one by one, but I'm honestly running out of things to try

even tho this is not the place for your post as it belongs in the tech forum area . how ever i can say this and help you out maybe with your problems here still . now if you have windows 10 . check your power plan management settings . and if they are set to balanced or energy saving . change it to high end use giving your computer the power it needs to make the game run with out crashing .

@ayeniss.8190 said:I only have smaller Pre-POF things to do, I would like to collect some money, and level up my Armorsmith craft, to drop my unwanted materials out for money. (Leather mostly, it's a really nice amount of money, but I don't have guts to sell them before max level, even if it writes that I only use it at lvl125 Armorsmith, I still keep them until the end.)

Just so you know, the tooltip tells you what level you start needing those materials, not the only level where you need those materials. To fully max your crafting, you'll need some of the lower tier mats, too. There are several crafting guides out that are nice to help save coin and time, so you can look ahead and see what you'll need to make your pre-PoF crafting goal, if you aren't focused on discovering it all on your own.

My original goal was to at least finish LWS3, which I was able to do over the last 1-2 weeks. Not much else I have planned, but the toon I will be diving into PoF with should probably get more of Season 2 finished, or some map completion. At least I pre-ordered the expac as of last night, so now I just need to sit back and wait.

I've been playing more than normal to accomplish some pre-PoF goals (mostly done thankfully so now I can rest for the next big push).

• Get 250 hero points for engi, warr, necro (done).
  • Farm map currency and unbound magic to buy the ascended trinkets I want (done but I keep getting daily chests because why not? it's quick and easy and they'll get used eventually).
  • Finishing Bloodstone pvp reward track for 50 more bloodstone rubies (soon; related to previous goal).
  • Finished a couple more HoT ascended specialization weapons (e.g. Glint's Bastion and Dark Harvest, done).
  • Crafted a couple new ascended weapons for new specializations (done).

@Myrdreth.6829 said:

@Jaken.6801 said:

@Boysenberry.1869 said:I'm just doing little things. Farming, working on a Legendary weapon, and picking up a few old achievements.

Same. Tried starting one of the new ones (save the Queen) and absolutely hate the process.I know it's a material sink, but I can't stand the repeating nature of it. It's literally the same three times in a row, just with more stuff.

The old ones had at least variety and got you into other areas of the game.

"little things" like working on a legendary weapon
cry
xD

Well, It's that I was only working at it as in getting closer. It's a little thing on the side.So it kinda counts as a little sidegoal.A big one would be going back and finish the LS2, HoT and LS3 archievments I didn't do so far.

though I could finaly make the modrem backpack from LS2...

@Jaken.6801 said:

@Myrdreth.6829 said:

@Jaken.6801 said:

@Boysenberry.1869 said:I'm just doing little things. Farming, working on a Legendary weapon, and picking up a few old achievements.

Same. Tried starting one of the new ones (save the Queen) and absolutely hate the process.I know it's a material sink, but I can't stand the repeating nature of it. It's literally the same three times in a row, just with more stuff.

The old ones had at least variety and got you into other areas of the game.

"little things" like working on a legendary weapon
cry
xD

Well, It's that I was only working at it as in getting closer. It's a little thing on the side.So it kinda counts as a little sidegoal.A big one would be going back and finish the LS2, HoT and LS3 archievments I didn't do so far.

though I could finaly make the modrem backpack from LS2...

Don't mind me, it just boggles my mind that others consider getting a legendary a little thing while I don't even have one single legendary yet. It seems like a huge goal to me^^ My next goal after I got the mounts in PoF :)

Archived