Why isn't 2v2 permanent?

Anput.4620

@Fueki.4753 said:It's probably so they don't permanently split up the dwindling ranked pvp playerbase between multiple game modes.And 2vs2 replacing ranked conquest forever is in noone's interest.

Not replacing, adding, why would it dwindle the playerbase if it's in no one's interest to replace 5v5 with it? It's either too popular or not popular enough lol.

ppl calling for balance in this mode when conquest is their main game mode

i think they can leave this mode in unranked, but they will have to put it in a separate queue cuz it'll always pop first than v5 modes and I don't know if it's possible or will take a huge amount of work cuz the engine is old

@Khalisto.5780 said:ppl calling for balance in this mode when conquest is their main game mode

i think they can leave this mode in unranked, but they will have to put it in a separate queue cuz it'll always pop first than v5 modes and I don't know if it's possible or will take a huge amount of work cuz the engine is old

Just make a seperate que idc what else happens to it.

Well ... the game mode that is more fun - conquest - should stay ranked all the time. If they have 2 vs. 2 as well available in unranked or also as ranked it is okay. But only 2 vs. 2 as ranked ... this should be limited.

I say make both ranked and different ratings for both. (Balancing though ... I heard will be mainly for 5 vs. 5 conquest.)

I love the tactical stuff which isn't in WvW (only zerging and too long "matches" since it runs for a week) and isn't in 2 vs. 2 (only fighting). 5 vs. 5 conquest comes closest to what I want. (Preferred would a 10-20 vs 10-20 though. Big teams and big maps. Matches 40-60 minutes.)

Edit: And another free build template set for each char for free. (1 PvE, 1 WvW, 1 for each of the PvP modes). ;):D

I think 2v2 (or maybe 3v3?) should be the main solo-duo Q for seasons while conquest 5v5 which I really like, should remain only for AT (and we should have more AT). With this solution we keep a nice conquest mode with coordinated teams which is the best thing, and we have coordinated teams in solo/duoQ during the seasons.

Well ... if they made 2 vs. 2 permanent main game mode only the hardcore "competitive" players would play - I'm certain. (I mean those are mostly the ones that complain cause they don't like tactics and strategy and if a weaker build can cap and help the team to win. They want to show off their builds and how fast/good they are at keyboard acrobatics in combat while the casual players I guess can enjoy conquest more easily.)

I actually like the 2v2 more than conquest and I'm more of a casual player. Plus it's harder to manipulate in 2v2 mode and is very easy to do in conquest. Which is another reason I like 2v2 more. Now I just need to drink from the fountain of GET GUD and advance my self.

Not sure if the op cared to notice that what we have now is a mini season ---- technically we are supposed to be on a ranked pvp break now. Also, to those who have an issue with 2v2 as a filler ranked in-between proper 5v5 ranked seasons - Would you rather have that option taken away from you and just sit 3 weeks without ranked? Well, no one is forcing you to play 2v2 ranked now ---- you are welcome to enjoy the unranked shenanigans until end of March.

@"Fearless.3569" said:I actually like the 2v2 more than conquest and I'm more of a casual player. Plus it's harder to manipulate in 2v2 mode and is very easy to do in conquest. Which is another reason I like 2v2 more. Now I just need to drink from the fountain of GET GUD and advance my self.

"Plus it's harder to manipulate in 2v2 mode and is very easy to do in conquest."What do you mean by this? Theres no reason to "manipulate" on 2v2, you are allready allowed to duo, so you can get another good player, pick the meta builds, and steamroll everything on your way, just look at the leaderbords, some players with 40 win streaks lol2v2 just removed more depth from the game, Conquest you had to have good micro play to win duels on points and macro play to make good rotations...2v2 is basically cheese the other team with the broken specs.

@ollbirtan.2915 said:Not sure if the op cared to notice that what we have now is a mini season ---- technically we are supposed to be on a ranked pvp break now. Also, to those who have an issue with 2v2 as a filler ranked in-between proper 5v5 ranked seasons - Would you rather have that option taken away from you and just sit 3 weeks without ranked? Well, no one is forcing you to play 2v2 ranked now ---- you are welcome to enjoy the unranked shenanigans until end of March.

Other than the map and team sizes, nothing seems mini about this season.They even added the new armour chests to the rewards.

@ollbirtan.2915 said:Not sure if the op cared to notice that what we have now is a mini season ---- technically we are supposed to be on a ranked pvp break now. Also, to those who have an issue with 2v2 as a filler ranked in-between proper 5v5 ranked seasons - Would you rather have that option taken away from you and just sit 3 weeks without ranked? Well, no one is forcing you to play 2v2 ranked now ---- you are welcome to enjoy the unranked shenanigans until end of March.

I mean if i didn't notice i wouldn't ask for it to be a permanent que.

With the rewards ... it might be an exception to get a lot of players to play ... since it is new. Might totally change in the coming seasons. (I mean there is no guarantee for them to bring 2 vs. 2 in ranked permanently or switching with conquest. Could go back to conquest permanently in ranked and a unranked 2 vs. 2 besides the conquest unranked.)

Best would be to have ranked and unranked for both modes. (4 buttons to chose from.) And to automatically start new seasons. (Doesn't need a month break in between - unless you really plan to do regular hotfixing on the balancing stuff which you don't want in a running season.)

I also like 2v2 more than conquest. It's shorter, packed with actions. It's exciting to both play and to watch.

There is some issue with balancing, but it's not like there is anything fundamentally can't be fixed.

I'm really bored with the Conquest stay on the node mode. I hope they make 2v2 permanent.

I really, really hope they decide to keep it as a permanent mode (don't remove 5v5 of course). I returned to the game for this and it's the most fun I've had in the game in a long, long time. I even managed to get my boyfriend to play as well. It feels so much better when it's not a clusterfuck of 10 people standing on each other having to guard some boring points that favour the bunkers.

@Anput.4620 said:

@Fueki.4753 said:It's probably so they don't permanently split up the dwindling ranked pvp playerbase between multiple game modes.And 2vs2 replacing ranked conquest forever is in noone's interest.

Not replacing, adding, why would it dwindle the playerbase if it's in no one's interest to replace 5v5 with it? It's either too popular or not popular enough lol.

Why? because people would have to choose where to spend their time.