[POLL] Did you experience a weekend population boost and why?

TheGrimm.5624

@Dawdler.8521 said:There are multiple questions here and the poll answers contain responses to at least two of them, yet the poll is excluse to answering only one question.

Reading, argee, I do have a bias that I think others saw an increase in populations this weekend as well but wanted to account for that assumption with the last two options, but was hoping to pickup oddities in the other. That said I do wish the website tools allowed for a 'check all that apply' kind of option.

I believe it was a multitude of things; But I doubt the balance patch was one of them. I believe the new rewards were a huge key factor, balance might be part of it as some might of returned to check it out. But I think we saw more PvE peeps coming in to just ride the train and get the new shinnies~

What I found interesting is more people are showing up this week than last week during the increased boosts. Generally, anything new offered as a reward track will bring people in. Just not sure how effective that is due to the cost involved. There are a lot of folks who love completion aspects and will chase down anything new to add to their collection. I can say for sure that I found a lot of small groups just running around capping camps and then logging off. lol

Sorry, I didn't personally DM every player in every map throughout the entire day, but I suspect the reason I saw more people in the game mode was because of the Double XP, at least that is why I spent more hours in WvW than usual.

FWIW though, I saw multiple map queues on the Tuesday reset only. Every night afterwards, usually only saw queues on EBG + homeBL.

@"Fatherbliss.4701" said:What I found interesting is more people are showing up this week than last week during the increased boosts. Generally, anything new offered as a reward track will bring people in. Just not sure how effective that is due to the cost involved. There are a lot of folks who love completion aspects and will chase down anything new to add to their collection. I can say for sure that I found a lot of small groups just running around capping camps and then logging off. lol

I have a feeling the wind was taken out of a lot of people's sails when they saw the "new reward" was a 200g skin for a mount they would never use outside of WvW

A zergling might go for it but a pve carebear won't bother

New armor's also less than great on medium and light so I doubt there's much pull there either

@Substance E.4852 said:

@"Fatherbliss.4701" said:What I found interesting is more people are showing up this week than last week during the increased boosts. Generally, anything new offered as a reward track will bring people in. Just not sure how effective that is due to the cost involved. There are a lot of folks who love completion aspects and will chase down anything new to add to their collection. I can say for sure that I found a lot of small groups just running around capping camps and then logging off. lol

I have a feeling the wind was taken out of a lot of people's sails when they saw the "new reward" was a 200g skin for a mount they would never use outside of WvW

A zergling might go for it but a pve carebear won't bother

New armor's also less than great on medium and light so I doubt there's much pull there either

I don't know, hence the poll. Say Saw queues way later into the night as well and then the next day was heavier than normal. Which 'is' why I was curious if everyone was seeing the same or what not. Also saw a lot of low levels on the other side running around.

Edit: Proof reading ftw

We've had quite some queues and random commanders appearing on Desolation/UW.

It's not really much fun unless you enjoy clouding or karma training even in T1, sometimes disorganized groups getting wiped, if no one on voice Comms tags up.

At least we can get a full enough squad on voice on the other borders, because EB is impossible to play on right now. We don't even have that many guilds anymore or well known commanders either, but gained so much coverage for some reason.

Amazing fights on NA t1

The side that had more variety of builds or numbers would win the fights, still a mixture of initial range fights but melee dive is now a thing.

On Somewhat same sized groups fights the some groups tryed aoe condi bomb, itwas strong but if failed they would melt since it’s the same as if trying to shoot without ammo, those condi bunker blobs could only take smaller groups or very desorganized ones.

This reset queues were about half of previous week and fell off even faster on Saturday. So far it seems there is some additional draw for the extra reward time period and some extra till people get their armor chest. Might be a good idea to move that chest further back in the reward chest if it is drawing players, or add a second one higher in the pip track.

Population was slightly higher at reset but closer back to in normal lines during weekdays. Seems like it was more likely the trifecta of bonus, new balance and new rewards. But with the balance fading and no bonus XP looks like that drops it back down pretty quick after weekend since the new armor box is low enough in the trackline for people to finish over the weekend. If you had seen pop boosts, how is it looking for you now?