Open all skin types to all classess

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:^ This.

Also, there are many threads on this request. Please use the forums search feature in the future. :)

There are many threads on almost all quarries if u look long enough but I'd rather not look thru archived posts lol faster to post and get few quick answers which I did so thanks for the replys:)

Actually, it would have been faster to type fewer words in the search bar than your post. But I get it. People are lazy.

The different weights were designed to fill different areas (medium is top heavy, light is bottom), which is why the raven armor for example has the medium chest include the legs. If they broke it where you could simply equip whatever, the chest and legs would overlap and appear to have a corrupted texture. The best they could do without a complete overhaul would be to lock the chest and legs to the same weight.

They originally also wanted the silhouette to be identifiable, but that was thrown out with outfits and skins for all weights.

@sorudo.9054 said:actually the rigging isn't the problem because armor is based on weight class instead of profession's body like GW1, the problem is that we can't mix them without making everything clip like crazy.

That's unfortunately the designed things this way. Alot of other vids I've played nioh for example allowed u to mix and match different armor pieces, even when weight was a factor lol. I realize that's a different game type just saying would have opened a lot of potential in fashion wars which is gw2 end game after all lol.

@"Healix.5819" said:The different weights were designed to fill different areas (medium is top heavy, light is bottom), which is why the raven armor for example has the medium chest include the legs. If they broke it where you could simply equip whatever, the chest and legs would overlap and appear to have a corrupted texture. The best they could do without a complete overhaul would be to lock the chest and legs to the same weight.

They originally also wanted the silhouette to be identifiable, but that was thrown out with outfits and skins for all weights.

Even if they looked heavy chest to heavy leggings it still would open up fashion potential imo. But I understand what u guys mean now.

it is still possible but they'll have to lock sets up, so even while a necro can wear heavy armor skins you are still limited within the heavy armor category..

there is one compromise they can make, allow all headgear for all weight classes.it isn't as much as all the other parts but it does allow for allot of customization without the issue of clipping.

@sorudo.9054 said:it is still possible but they'll have to lock sets up, so even while a necro can wear heavy armor skins you are still limited within the heavy armor category..

there is one compromise they can make, allow all headgear for all weight classes.it isn't as much as all the other parts but it does allow for allot of customization without the issue of clipping.

It is the rigging of the skeletons. each armor weight is rigged differently on each race. its the most obnoxious rigging system ever. Add to that you can pull skeletons of both models and armor out of the game and try and mix a medium and a heavy set together and the skeleton of the character literally breaks(there used to be videos of this on youtube i dont know if they are still around). So while the clipping is an issue its a much less problematic issue than the rigging of the skeletons.

Outfits are a fourth armor weight as well, which is why you cannot mix outfit head pieces and regular ones.

@Trise.2865 said:Sure, just completely redesign how character rigging and modeling works. No biggie, right?

I'd take this over one or two living world chapters - fashion is a big deal in gw2, and to people like me, it's basically the endgame. I'd spend much more time in a redesigned wardrobe than I would in a new living world map.

@Dante.1763 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:it is still possible but they'll have to lock sets up, so even while a necro can wear heavy armor skins you are still limited within the heavy armor category..

It is the rigging of the skeletons. each armor weight is rigged differently on each race. its the most obnoxious rigging system ever. Add to that you can pull skeletons of both models and armor out of the game and try and mix a medium and a heavy set together and the skeleton of the character literally breaks(there used to be videos of this on youtube i dont know if they are still around). So while the clipping is an issue its a much less problematic issue than the rigging of the skeletons.

Outfits are a fourth armor weight as well, which is why you cannot mix outfit head pieces and regular ones.

you compare race with class, completely different from what i said.

Too bad they just cant lift the light/med/heavy restrictions per profession. I get that it would not look good mixing different weights together but there's absoluteley no reason why an elementalist shouldn't be able to wear med. armor and a thief wear light armor.And please; before someone says they have different toughness stats -- the ~5% discrepency between all weights makes NO DIFFERENCE in the overall scheme of stats. You're not going to win or lose a fight based on the armor weight you have...