It's very quiet..

Notsoperky.4291

Been more or less away and been logging on and taking a look around. At the times I log on nothing much seems to be happening, no comms around, maybe 5-10 clouding. nothing organised and not much to gain in the way of exp or fights or points.

Even reset night seemed quiet after 930pm EU time and as for the rest of the week, it's pretty dead.

Is it like this on every t1/t2 EU server now?

@Notsoperky.4291 said:I have a life so can only play at certain times. There were no commanders tagged during the times I was able to play, not even an organised group.... are you implying that other people arent supposed have a life, they should be forced to populate GW2?

Also there is a simple solution to this. Tag up. You can give any valid reason you want as to why you wont, its still hypocritical to demand of other people.

@ArlAlt.1630 said:

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:CHILDREN! Dont make me turn WvW around

Coming from a player that lurks in T4 and map calls a grief squad everytime he gets killed , that’ s rich.

Grief squad? Must have me mistaken with someone mate.

I'm in T3 atm for starters so theres that lol.

Despite that fact, what would that have anything to do with my comment mate?

@Notsoperky.4291 said:Been more or less away and been logging on and taking a look around. At the times I log on nothing much seems to be happening, no comms around, maybe 5-10 clouding. nothing organised and not much to gain in the way of exp or fights or points.

Even reset night seemed quiet after 930pm EU time and as for the rest of the week, it's pretty dead.

Is it like this on every t1/t2 EU server now?

This is a very open-ended question or discussion so it is difficult to give you a precise answer without knowing more.

In a very general sense however, assuming you have been gone for a while, even EU has started to see a relative draught of public tags. The amount of servers that get stacked are fewer and the amount of non-stacked servers that are not facing a proverbial death (ie., a general absence of public tags that attracts enough players to organize them) are also fewer and fewer. The amount of servers that are multi-stacked are down to 1-3, with something similar for servers that can be regarded as single-stacked.

With those terms I suggest that it is either one or multiple guilds that impacts pickup content in a way that makes the server attractive to transfer to.

To give you some indication (while it's a rather poor metric had there been better options with lists over all guilds): The latest listing of GvG guilds in EU seems updated with the most recent relink now. On the list there are 20 guilds. Those 20 guilds are spread over 9 servers total. 12 of those 20 guilds are on 3 servers (worlds). Now, to underline something important: Those guilds are driven by guild-guild matchups so they have no interest in spreading out and server-server matchup is a secondary concern for them at best. At the same time, their commanders and players are valuable so the servers they pick also constitutes the primarily stacked servers. Then there are guilds that do not GvG and some exception that still has a relatively functional server community without GvG guilds. However, that should give you a gist or indication. It should be noted that for every server stacked by non-GvG guilds there are also servers where the GvG guild(s) may not be driving- or deeply/actively involved in the server's popularity.

I could give you examples or a list of examples but that risks getting the thread locked.

So to wrap things up: It is not impossible to see servers poking into T2 or even T1 matchups now that rarely have tags up in prime. The lower half of T2 may be claimed by servers with low tag coverage in general whereas servers with uneven coverage will continue to PPT/nightcap their way well above their primetime presence, creating very lopsided or coverage-mismatched matchups.

As always, these issues are directly related to the developer's neglect or lack of urgency in addressing these fundamental underlying issues over the course of more than half a decade. If you want a server with reliable content these days I suggest that you do what every other active player does, look at the post-link migrations and cough up the blood money. If you are smart and active enough you'll learn how to set up your account to avoid card swipes or help offsetting the inflation in the gold-economy by letting the PvE:ers get shinies while you get to transfer to content. That gives you access to content on your server even if it doesn't give you competetive/population balance or good matchups on either the guild-guild or server-server level.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

Coming from a player that lurks in T4 and map calls a grief squad everytime he gets killed , that’ s rich.

Oh I’m not mistaken and no, you’ve not had the displeasure of encountering me personally. However I’ve heard stories of your marvelous exploits.

WvW is fine when a commander dares to tag up, but it's always a case of either winning easily or getting completely blasted away. If you lose one fight, you lose all fights - that's why everybody quits after one wipe.

It's a sad fact that the game is too hard for normal people, and the elitists stick around because it's fun to wipe people easily. You end up with a game that's dominated by few good players and the vast majority move on to play something else.

So at prime time, you might get a commander and lots of sociable-but-crap players, but when either; 1. Off-peak, or 2. No commander, you get good/elitist/gankers. Good luck on your own against THAT!

@ArlAlt.1630 said:

Oh I’m not mistaken and no, you’ve not had the displeasure of encountering me personally. However I’ve heard stories of your marvelous exploits.

Hmmmm still have no idea what you are talking about bud but you do you.

Cheers mate.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Notsoperky.4291 said:I have a life so can only play at certain times. There were no commanders tagged during the times I was able to play, not even an organised group.... are you implying that other people arent supposed have a life, they should be forced to populate GW2?

Also there is a simple solution to this.
Tag up.
You can give any valid reason you want as to why you wont, its still hypocritical to demand of other people.

I didn't demand anyone to tag up, I commented on the lack of comms around during the periods I log in. Nothing hypocritical there.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

Cheers mate.

I wouldn't expect you to, it's ok.

@Notsoperky.4291 said:

Also there is a simple solution to this.
Tag up.
You can give any valid reason you want as to why you wont, its still hypocritical to demand of other people.

I didn't demand anyone to tag up, I commented on the lack of comms around during the periods I log in. Nothing hypocritical there.

If there is no demand then it doesnt matter that no commander is on, does it?

@ArlAlt.1630 said:

Cheers mate.

Well as long as that's cleared up, cheers mate.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

Cheers mate.

Well as long as that's cleared up, cheers mate.

Jolly good, cheerio.

Personally after patch i came in just to spawn camp wvw.... because of poorly made patch and matcheups... so yeah nothing else to gain. Next step is uninstall move forward. I don't care about gw2 really i go in to troll and not spend the amount of time i used to. Which is very good. I saw tons of people just leave all together.

How would that help? I have a life so can only play at certain times. There were no commanders tagged during the times I was able to play, not even an organised group.

And what makes you think I wasn't logged into our server discord?

This is because you'd know there is activity on the server and commanders tagging up, you just happen to miss them.