Other classes Nerf NEEDED

Rose.2593

Its nice you toned down Necromancer and guardian a bit but other classes need a nerf.

Thief and Ranger are too strong, they should be less tanky than other classes, relaying on evade or range etc but they are way too hard to kill now.

I dont play ranger so idk whats problem there. In case of thief which i have experience with, there are 2 issues.1 of them is obviously stealth design. It needs some rework, there were many ideas about it, so not Going to Deep about it.2nd one Will be shadowstep. This single skill is double stunbreak with condi cleanse, and escape or gap closer. This single skill makes thief almost unkillable, as after using all endurance and initiative, thief can just completly reset. Nerfing range would be prolly Best option.

@Safandula.8723 said:I dont play ranger so idk whats problem there. In case of thief which i have experience with, there are 2 issues.1 of them is obviously stealth design. It needs some rework, there were many ideas about it, so not Going to Deep about it.2nd one Will be shadowstep. This single skill is double stunbreak with condi cleanse, and escape or gap closer. This single skill makes thief almost unkillable, as after using all endurance and initiative, thief can just completly reset. Nerfing range would be prolly Best option.

What about a nerf to teleports where u have to have los to Port. No more porting threw walls or up lvl areas?Or how about not being able to dissengage threw a wall?

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:

@Safandula.8723 said:I dont play ranger so idk whats problem there. In case of thief which i have experience with, there are 2 issues.1 of them is obviously stealth design. It needs some rework, there were many ideas about it, so not Going to Deep about it.2nd one Will be shadowstep. This single skill is double stunbreak with condi cleanse, and escape or gap closer. This single skill makes thief almost unkillable, as after using all endurance and initiative, thief can just completly reset. Nerfing range would be prolly Best option.

What about a nerf to teleports where u have to have los to Port. No more porting threw walls or up lvl areas?Or how about not being able to dissengage threw a wall?

UE i can agree sword 2 is also broken.

@John.8507 said:Its nice you toned down Necromancer and guardian a bit but other classes need a nerf.

Thief and Ranger are too strong, they should be less tanky than other classes, relaying on evade or range etc but they are way too hard to kill now.

Thief isn't tanky to begin with, esp. with zerker's amulet (2-4 hits = dead).

Ranger is … Is it any tankier than, say, engineer? Is it really?

Changes are being made based to data, not just personal feelings.Gurd/Necro/Rev dominated hard to 2vs2 space. Meme builds for immortals necros got published everywhere.Ranger barley make an appearance in mid level platinum, also just watched a 5vs5 tournament , many gurds nad revs, not even 1 ranger.

Wait, hold up, just a sec...Thief tanky?How? It's the only profession that doesn't have any (absolutely any, beside very situational steal) access to protection (or any other survival/support boon beside vigor), Thief literally when hit takes the most dmg in game out of all professions, even more then all the light armor specs for the very reason I mentioned.Also you say it should rely on evades? It already does, evades are it's only pure form of defense with ports usable for a complete run away.

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Pretty sure this a spaghetti code issue that they can’t resolve.

Ranger pets should be utility (blind, immob, chill, poison, cc on f2, boon rip, combo fields/finishers etc) only. Less damage, no random cc.

Core thief and daredevil stolen abilities should be adjusted a bit, as far as I noticed they are supposed to counter the classes they are stolen from but some of them are outdated. Guardian, ranger and warrior steal needs to be reworked. (nerf plasma pls)

Otherwise I don't see any problem FOR NOW in this meta.

@"Alatar.7364" said:Wait, hold up, just a sec...Thief tanky?How? It's the only profession that doesn't have any (absolutely any, beside very situational steal) access to protection _(or any other survival/support boon beside vigor)

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Flickering_Shadowshttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Consume_Plasmahttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Maleficent_SevenThese lads want to have a word with you. :)

@John.8507 said:Thief and Ranger are too strong, they should be less tanky than other classes, relaying on evade or range etc but they are way too hard to kill now.

Someone send me this tanky thief build pls... Asking for a friend.

@John.8507 said:Necromancer seems to have gotten too weak now, and revenant doesn't seem to good.

What game are you playing? I hate playing slow bunkerish builds, but I tried both right after the nerf. Still roflstomping most other builds in even fights. Not to mention revenant isn't just mallyx/glint now. You can go core, you can go renegade... so they might "seem" weak now, but they aren't.

@Kondor.2904 said:

@"Alatar.7364" said:Wait, hold up, just a sec...Thief tanky?How? It's the only profession that doesn't have any
(absolutely
any
, beside very situational steal)
access to protection _(or any other survival/support boon beside vigor)

These lads want to have a word with you. :)

FS is not taken in SA nor is it a boon that you can grant yourself for the purpose of dmg reduction.Plasma - I already said only way is very situational Steal and to have it hidden behind a skill that is not accessible to Thief on demand simply is not considered an access to protection.Go on Wiki and check Protection, Thief doesn't have that boon on any skill nor does it have it on any other traits than M7 and even that one is barricaded behind yet another requirement and is, again, not an on demand protection.All in all, Thief just is not tanky and its ridiculous to even mention those two words in the same sentence , all the more with FB and Necro around.

@"LughLongArm.5460" said:Changes are being made based to data, not just personal feelings.Gurd/Necro/Rev dominated hard to 2vs2 space. Meme builds for immortals necros got published everywhere.Ranger barley make an appearance in mid level platinum, also just watched a 5vs5 tournament , many gurds nad revs, not even 1 ranger.

watch again.. boyce, boringhero are playing slb in ats. Both play for "top" teams. Soulbeast is very strong right now in 5v5. Since spvp is balanced around conquest either damage potential nerfs or (utility) CD increases are necessary for sicem slb.

@Kondor.2904 said:

@"Alatar.7364" said:Wait, hold up, just a sec...Thief tanky?How? It's the only profession that doesn't have any
(absolutely
any
, beside very situational steal)
access to protection _(or any other survival/support boon beside vigor)

These lads want to have a word with you. :)

No one play with this traits OMEGALUL

@Tayga.3192 said:

@wevh.2903 said:Quickness has far more utility than this trait xd

I mean, I asked about DE grandmasters in game and most people favor maleficent seven.

Might just be a preference.

Eh, the issue is that Quickness is good if you can burst well, but Rifle DE cant. Instead its more sustained DPS, where the boons and the initiative regain is better.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

@wevh.2903 said:Quickness has far more utility than this trait xd

I mean, I asked about DE grandmasters in game and most people favor maleficent seven.

Might just be a preference.

Eh, the issue is that Quickness is good if you can burst well, but Rifle DE cant. Instead its more sustained DPS, where the boons and the initiative regain is better.

Deadeye with rifle can't burst well lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo what the kitten did you smoke mate i'll DJ you into oblivion and MB your kitten over there get out here