New Forums YAY! Thank you!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Goro.1794 said:Looking at this on my phone and it seems nice and streamlined! I don't know how to change my picture on it though, not even sure how to get to my account page haha. Might have to use desktop for some things like that.

On the top of the page next to the language selector click the gear icon. You can set the avatar there.

@Dashrider.9360 said:i like it mostly. im having a hard time with the broken line between posts, it's just distracting my eyes a little.

Working on custom styles. Here's my most basic improvements. And yes, I'm a boring person.Probably going to get rid of the bit where you can see who thumbed you up, unimportant information that's bound to start arguments. "How dare you up vote something I disagree with".

body * {font-family: helvetica, sans-serif !important;color: #333333;}.Section-Discussion .Content .Item-Header::after {background-image: none;border-bottom: 1px solid #333333;}.Section-Discussion .Content .Item .Item-Body::after {background-image: none;border-bottom: 1px solid #333333;}.Section-Discussion .Content .Item {border-bottom-width: initial !important;border-bottom: 1px solid #333333;}.DataList .Item {background: none;}.ReactButton {border: 1px solid #e1d9d9;background-color: #f9f9f9;border-radius: 5px;padding: 5px;}.Section-Discussion .Content .Item-Header .Meta time {color: #333333 !important;}

@Rinn.2375 said:

@Goro.1794 said:Looking at this on my phone and it seems nice and streamlined! I don't know how to change my picture on it though, not even sure how to get to my account page haha. Might have to use desktop for some things like that.

On the top of the page next to the language selector click the gear icon. You can set the avatar there.

Ah, thank you! I totally didn't see that

I have never cared for the reddit forums, and was nervous when I saw the down vote option, but am relieved to see that downvotes do not bury posts. I am definitely willing to give the new forums a chance, and am hopeful that the investment in the forums, on the part of ANet, that the change represents indicates an intention to increase dev forum involvement in the future.

I am hoping for options to modify the forums, like disable all the icons and avatars etc unneccessary shiny clutter. Oh and change the font size or layout, it's kinda odd to see only like 8 thread topics per page on computer screen.

Edit: oh nice, at least all signatures were possible to turn off :) Now just that font size..

Going to give it a chance but feel like they need to fiddle with the layout a bit more.There is a lot of space between post text vertically because of the likes and giant usernames. There is also a lot more horizontal room which makes lines pretty long unless you resize the window (maybe its better on mobile).Seems like it would be good to put the username and likes on the left with the icon and set a fixed width more in line with the previous forum. I'm guessing this works better on mobile though and that is why it was done like this though I think a good medium should be more friendly for desktop users. I guess I can use browser extensions to modify the layout myself on desktop though if it comes to it.

I might also suggest that draft saved dialog just show up inline somewhere because its popped up over things a few times now. Seems to be a bit in the way sometimes.

On the good side though the new features are pretty nice.

Archived