WvW servers i know has been said alot but it LAGS

reddie.5861

@Stormscar.5489 said:Some people were saying that conditions cause a lot more server load. This could explain why there's been more lag since the balance patch, as more people are running condi builds whereas before the patch people played almost exclusively power builds in blob fights.

That cannot be the problem. As a lot of skills apply conditions as well as they do power damage, so while the conditions before the patch did almost no damage, they were still there and had to be calculated

True. Now even on Border maps server sometimes lag with only 2-blob fighting. No problem with my internet connection, 1111111-fighting works perfectly. Typical server-side problem, any other skills than the first one are activated after 3 or more seconds, sometimes not activated at all. I can literally feel on the gamespeed, if there are big zergs on map, of if a map is not very much populated. Not to mention teleporting or suddenly stopping Dolyaks, and other server-calculated game mechanics.

//edit: By the way, I never experience these lags in any PvE maps, only in WvW maps.

@Stormscar.5489 said:Some people were saying that conditions cause a lot more server load. This could explain why there's been more lag since the balance patch, as more people are running condi builds whereas before the patch people played almost exclusively power builds in blob fights.

I know someone else said this can’t be the case, but I actually think you are correct on this one.

With the patch a lot more people are running condi builds which has increased the amount of conditions the server has had to calculate exponentially.

Yes power builds have some conditions too, but no where near the amount of condis actual conditions but can create.

yeah, heavy lags in WvW are a heavy issue at the moment. Especially at reset (well, i guess that´s normal, but currently way more extreme than usual) you sometimes cannot use a single skill infight due to lag. Just right now, our commander for public lead, and most of our public Zerg just quit the game because it´s literally unplayable and is not even close to being fun playing. Also, just as reminder: a whole Tier got closed, and the player population has increased quite heavy on every server-link, resulting on even more players on one map than before; which leads us to even more lags. Unless ANet will upgrade their Potato-Servers and bamboo-connections, this will never get improved. This sadly is not an issue, that players can prevent, it´s a thing ANet has to take action. This is something that is more than overdue to get improved, not an issue that recently came up. It has been this ways since release, but is getting worse and worse in the last few months.

@reddie.5861 said:lately server lags so bad.. it used to happen on 3 way blob but nowadays lags even on 2 big blobs, dunno if balance patch changed some codes that made things more heavier or w/ebut beside better balance right now the lag is horrible.. :(

Actually the lag is from the condi spamming from blob. for each condi and each people damage must be calculated by an server (CPU RAM...) so when there is too many action to be calculated (condi spamming by blob) server lag due to lack of calculating power.

SRY for my poor english btw

@"Faenar.8036" said:True. Now even on Border maps server sometimes lag with only 2-blob fighting. No problem with my internet connection, 1111111-fighting works perfectly. Typical server-side problem, any other skills than the first one are activated after 3 or more seconds, sometimes not activated at all. I can literally feel on the gamespeed, if there are big zergs on map, of if a map is not very much populated. Not to mention teleporting or suddenly stopping Dolyaks, and other server-calculated game mechanics.

//edit: By the way, I never experience these lags in any PvE maps, only in WvW maps.

true. if i think of the big pve-events (talking about Tequatl for example) there are no problems. and usually, in tequatl there are at least 3 full squads fighting the same boss, spamming skills, and i cannot remember any bossfight there where i had any lags. So, it seems that theoretically the game/servers could be able to handle that load in PvE, but not even close in WvW. This is even more frustrating for people (like me) that are very dedicated in WvW (it´s literally the only mode i play in GW2), totally ruining their expierience. WvW-players are already in a position, where they feel disadvantaged compared to all other players (in terms of balancing, game mode development etc), and issues like lag (especially if the seem to not hit everyone, but your own server alone; note: that´s heavily subjective) or other problems that have a negative impact on the gameplay that the player cannot do anything about discourages the players from actually playing the game.

Also, regarding the Server-Performance in terms of latency, this is nothing that you could consider as "surprising", as ANet was fully aware that the server-population on every matchup will heavily increase as they closed a whole Tier.

@Arctisavange.7261 said:Servers are laggy? Skill dont work at all? Youre teleporting in your own spawn while 2 blobs are fighting at the other side of the map?

Ooh i know how we can solve this - lets add a new mount. Im kinda thinking thats what goes down every time someone from anet reads this topic.

add bandwagon to the list and you are good to go with the lag!

@Nimon.7840 said:

That cannot be the problem. As a lot of skills apply conditions as well as they do power damage, so while the conditions before the patch did almost no damage, they were still there and had to be calculated

They may apply conditions but not for nearly as long (more number crunching), and dedicated condi builds provide way more conditions than their power or healing alternatives.

It's the same thing with boons, but the push/need for uptime hasn't changed that much.

I'm not sure the game servers are the real (or biggest) problem. Last night we had people in our squad with really bad lags, and others had no problems at all. Maybe it depends on specific intermediate servers, or specific routes? Some bad router somewhere? Perhaps we should collect traceroutes (to what address?) from people with lags, and compare them to people without problems?Game servers or even client changes may still be part of it, don't get me wrong.

@Faenar.8036 said://edit: By the way, I never experience these lags in any PvE maps, only in WvW maps.

Actually, I’ve experienced those typical wvw skill lags in pve a couple of times post patch. Not on my side since the whole map started complaining in map chat at the same time.

And no pve blobs anywhere either. Just a standard mid populated map. Sandswept Isle one time.

@Corma.7268 said:I'm not sure the game servers are the real (or biggest) problem. Last night we had people in our squad with really bad lags, and others had no problems at all. Maybe it depends on specific intermediate servers, or specific routes? Some bad router somewhere? Perhaps we should collect traceroutes (to what address?) from people with lags, and compare them to people without problems?Game servers or even client changes may still be part of it, don't get me wrong.

There isn't such a thing as no one get's lag; if the server lags it is map wide. There is just a window of opportunity where one zerg can cast something, as though they are queued to cast before another.

Server lag made me come back to GW2 from ESO.Server lag will make me go to another game - maybe Amazons New World.

You can add as much content as you like, but if the basic game is not enjoyable there's just no point in playing.Largish blob fights (30x30) are laggy as hell and when it turns in a three way you just cannot get a single skill off.

@Twysted.9824 said:Server lag made me come back to GW2 from ESO.Server lag will make me go to another game - maybe Amazons New World.

You can add as much content as you like, but if the basic game is not enjoyable there's just no point in playing.Largish blob fights (30x30) are laggy as hell and when it turns in a three way you just cannot get a single skill off.GW2 lags due to being hosted on Amazon servers, lets all go play the Amazon game instead they surely have better servers!

@CrimsonNeonite.1048 said:

@Corma.7268 said:I'm not sure the game servers are the real (or biggest) problem. Last night we had people in our squad with really bad lags, and others had no problems at all. Maybe it depends on specific intermediate servers, or specific routes? Some bad router somewhere? Perhaps we should collect traceroutes (to what address?) from people with lags, and compare them to people without problems?Game servers or even client changes may still be part of it, don't get me wrong.

There isn't such a thing as no one get's lag; if the server lags it is map wide. There is just a window of opportunity where one zerg can cast something, as though they are queued to cast before another.

It actually happens now. I have experienced that few people in squad had 3-4k ping lag while most of men have no server lag. Their skills were not responding at all while other fight was going on.

UP

anet just remove some of flashy shit effects from WvW.force models to every1 if this is making the load less for server remove any useless stuff that has nothing to do with killing each other..

today i see every1 rubberbanding around while i can typ just fine i cant use a skill i cant do a shit and out of blue my while client seems to catch up and i can use everything again..

where are these servers even located? hopefully not in germany cus then i could have told u years ago already thats why servers have these shitty lags beside fact that client cant handle all crap at ones german servers in generally suck(no im not trying to bash any1 here)

I’m not sure why but usually the servers tend to lag more for a few days after a new patch.My usual ping is 300 average but can spikes to 800 average after patch for a few days.

The bad things is everything freezes when I run into a blob vs blob.

The good thing is necro is so tanky right now that I can waddle through a blob with my screen freezing and come out alive ?