Mike Zadorojny left ArenaNet

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:It seems strange to have this upturn in communication, a positive outlook for the game and zero knowledge of who is running it. You would think the Game Director would want to interact with their community

That's not the game director's job. It should be the community liaison or community manager or someone in PR. However, I do not mean to counter the point that more communication would be preferred.

Totally disagree. Every mmo ive played the GD has been instrumental in the communication and interaction with the community. Even putting that aside, I would absolutely see it as part of a GD or equivalent role and would expect some level of interaction

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:It seems strange to have this upturn in communication, a positive outlook for the game and zero knowledge of who is running it. You would think the Game Director would want to interact with their community

That's not the game director's job. It should be the community liaison or community manager or someone in PR. However, I do not mean to counter the point that more communication would be preferred.

Totally disagree. Every mmo ive played the GD has been instrumental in the communication and interaction with the community. Even putting that aside, I would absolutely see it as part of a GD or equivalent role and would expect some level of interaction

Yeah, it's not that the game director needs to write every word and format each webpage thereself but they should be involved in communication with the community. They direct the game, that can include directing people to prepare or help prepare articles/posts/videos/whatever on specific subjects.

Whether or not they deliver those messages themselves is another matter but I'd expect them to be known at least. Perhaps they are a caretaker filling in until a permanent game director is appointed and they don't want to muddy the waters or create any further impression of turnover.

Well, reading some of the quite personal attacks on here (criticism should always be directed towards the product, not a person), I understand they want to stay away from this. ;)

@Ashantara.8731 said:

Well, reading some of the quite personal attacks on here (criticism should always be directed towards the product, not a person), I understand they want to stay away from this. ;)

Whilst such attacks are not condonable this is not a problem exclusive to Anet. Most game teams get it sadly and is often vastly worse than anything we see here or on the cesspool that is Reddit. The community at large should never pay for the actions of an idiotic minority.

At the end of the day, if they don't wish to talk to us, they don't wish to talk to us. It's not a great ethos to have, but it is what it is.

@Randulf.7614 said:

Whilst such attacks are not condonable this is not a problem exclusive to Anet. Most game teams get it sadly and is often vastly worse than anything we see here or on the cesspool that is Reddit. The community at large should never pay for the actions of an idiotic minority.

At the end of the day, if they don't wish to talk to us, they don't wish to talk to us. It's not a great ethos to have, but it is what it is.

Who says the game director isn't communicating with us? You may just not know their name.

@FrizzFreston.5290 said:

Who says the game director isn't communicating with us? You may just not know their name.

Id like to know their name please.

@zealex.9410 said:

Is ANet a publicly traded company? If so, then you can find it in their published information. If not, then they have no obligations to produce the name.

@zealex.9410 said:

Why is it even important? I'm completely fine as long as the game develops positively.

• 2 months later...

IF Mike Z did leave maybe they were hush hush about it because Icrbrood saga was going to be released and decimating the morale just before that release might have been another nail in the energetic coffin so they wanted to avoid it. That is understandable but for someone to work that long at ANET and just bounce without anything is a little disappointing. Maybe he can't say anything due to NDA's but that makes it sound like it wasn't amicable. When I say the word leadership and effective management ANET would not be on the top of that list and that saddens me. Maybe this is why we are getting expansions but some communication from them would be lovely.

no matter who is in charge. it will always be about social engineering and pulling your cash of your pockets. the game is developed after psychology standard and not for your fun.

when mike o brien left he called mike z. „champion of the guild wars lore“. xD..... guess what... lol

gaming industry = GG. empty products for full price and if you want more than an empty chatroom you need to buy dlc, season passes, gemshop skins... by the time you have reached the same amount of content you payed like 200-300 dollars more than what you payed in the 80s-90s...

the rip off has many faces nowadays...

@HotDelirium.7984 said:IF Mike Z did leave maybe they were hush hush about it because Icrbrood saga was going to be released and decimating the morale just before that release might have been another nail in the energetic coffin so they wanted to avoid it. That is understandable but for someone to work that long at ANET and just bounce without anything is a little disappointing. Maybe he can't say anything due to NDA's but that makes it sound like it wasn't amicable. When I say the word leadership and effective management ANET would not be on the top of that list and that saddens me. Maybe this is why we are getting expansions but some communication from them would be lovely.

There's no if; Mike Z. works at Amazon now. And, of course, Mike O'B. works at ManaWorks, his own company. (They've hired 3 more people, now up to 9.)

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@HotDelirium.7984 said:IF Mike Z did leave maybe they were hush hush about it because Icrbrood saga was going to be released and decimating the morale just before that release might have been another nail in the energetic coffin so they wanted to avoid it. That is understandable but for someone to work that long at ANET and just bounce without anything is a little disappointing. Maybe he can't say anything due to NDA's but that makes it sound like it wasn't amicable. When I say the word leadership and effective management ANET would not be on the top of that list and that saddens me. Maybe this is why we are getting expansions but some communication from them would be lovely.

There's no if; Mike Z. works at Amazon now. And, of course, Mike O'B. works at ManaWorks, his own company. (They've hired 3 more people, now up to 9.)

The same Amazon that treats its merchants like poo, won't pay anything in taxes ever and stopped paying their workers for Hazzard pay during Covid-19? Super classy business to work for.

@HotDelirium.7984 said:

The same Amazon that treats its merchants like poo, won't pay anything in taxes ever and stopped paying their workers for Hazzard pay during Covid-19? Super classy business to work for.

Pretty sure I didn't suggest Mike Z. work for Amazon Game Studios (Relentless). Nor do I know about working conditions at the studio. Not sure there is any hazards working from home, as most game studio employees do, at this time.