Condi is overtuned

@Chorazin.4107 said:I think it is more the compounding nature of condis. You get 1 bunker condi it is not too bad to deal with. A whole team of them and it is kitten nuts in any team fight. a couple of seconds and you are covered in every condi in existence if the condi train has you targeted.

Its the old confirmation bias, if a whole power team has you targeted you would instapop

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@vesica tempestas.1563 said:

@Chorazin.4107 said:I think it is more the compounding nature of condis. You get 1 bunker condi it is not too bad to deal with. A whole team of them and it is kitten nuts in any team fight. a couple of seconds and you are covered in every condi in existence if the condi train has you targeted.

Its the old confirmation bias, if a whole power team has you targeted you would instapop

And if a whole condi team decides to do the same, I'm sure you'll survive, right?

I've come to the realization that in these "nerf this" threads, the answer is pretty much always that the OP has problems beating a build with their favorite profession. This freaks out their ego, because the problem couldn't POSSIBLY mean they should adjust their playstyle. They treat any need to adjust their playstyle as a game-breaking attempt to stifle their perceived supremacy. Then they throw a temper tantrum.

@Brimstone Jack.3462 said:

@FrownyClown.8402 said:Dunno I had 18 burn stacks transferred to me and I died in 1 secondUnless that's how the match STARTED, that's all on your own cleansing failure, I'd say. But no, you built up that much burning on a target you KNOW has this mechanic, didn't finish them off, stayed close to them, and then got slapped for it.

I was support tempest and went tornado =(

@FrownyClown.8402 said:

@FrownyClown.8402 said:Dunno I had 18 burn stacks transferred to me and I died in 1 secondUnless that's how the match STARTED, that's all on your own cleansing failure, I'd say. But no, you built up that much burning on a target you KNOW has this mechanic, didn't finish them off, stayed close to them, and then got slapped for it.

I was support tempest and went tornado =(

Still doesn't sound like the opponent's problem...

@NorthernRedStar.3054 said:

And if a whole condi team decides to do the same, I'm sure you'll survive, right?

Why should you survive when focused by the entire enemy team?

I'm sorry, but I see no indication that condi is dominating the meta. Condi rev. That's about the only one that comes up as a straight OP build. Burn guards can put out sick damage, but I don't see anyone playing them. Fire weavers are still great for damage and sustain, but seem to have less impact than the shock tempest build many players are now running. I just don't see a ton of weavers either. Necros, of course. But the problem with them seems less to do with condi damage output and more to do with their sustain. In fact, I think a lot of the necros I am seeing now are running power, not condi.

Who else is running condi? Mirage? Yeah, that's a winner...

Just not seeing the problem with condi here.

@AliamRationem.5172 said:

I'm sorry, but I see no indication that condi is dominating the meta. Condi rev. That's about the only one that comes up as a straight OP build. Burn guards can put out sick damage, but I don't see anyone playing them. Fire weavers are still great for damage and sustain, but seem to have less impact than the shock tempest build many players are now running. I just don't see a ton of weavers either. Necros, of course. But the problem with them seems less to do with condi damage output and more to do with their sustain. In fact, I think a lot of the necros I am seeing now are running power, not condi.

I personally run a power-heavy hybrid core necro.

@NorthernRedStar.3054 said:

Same result, that's kinda the point.

I'd say it is a big deal. But yeah there are condition removals. Then again ... not every class has easy access to them and there is still CC to deal with. Random queue 2 vs. 2 is a joke because of this. (You'd need to change build according to the enemy - which is possible in between matches. But clicking around to change the build is not fun. Maybe they sell more template slots now? :D )

5 vs. 5 it is okay. You can just stay with your own build to counter CC and with less condi remove as long as the team is balanced somehow. Just don't run into 1 vs. 1 towards the enemy that seem strong against you.

@AliamRationem.5172 said:

Classes are roughly split into 3 categories. Bunkers, like Engineers (holosmith or scrapper), half of Rangers, half of Necros. CC-spam builds, like Warriors, whose effectiveness is basically entirely reliant on endless CC and a lack of stability. And indeed, condi builds. Condi rev is op, but the truth is that all good builds that dont fall into the former 2 categories fall into this one. Pretty much every class is going condi. Ranger is, Rev is, Guardian is, Necro is, Ele is, even bloody Thief is running condi now. Condi is significantly overtuned and as a result the only classes still running power are the ones that simply dont have a viable way of playing condi. Which is to say, Engineer and Warrior.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

Classes are roughly split into 3 categories. Bunkers, like Engineers (holosmith or scrapper), half of Rangers, half of Necros. CC-spam builds, like Warriors, whose effectiveness is basically entirely reliant on endless CC and a lack of stability. And indeed, condi builds. Condi rev is op, but the truth is that all good builds that dont fall into the former 2 categories fall into this one. Pretty much every class is going condi. Ranger is, Rev is, Guardian is, Necro is, Ele is, even bloody
Thief
is running condi now. Condi is significantly overturned and as a result, the only classes still running power are the ones that simply dont have a viable way of playing condi. Which is to say, Engineer and Warrior.

Core nec goes power a lot, mainly cause it got pretty neutered hard in condi.

boon corrupt itself cannot compete at this moment, because it got nerfed really hard.

@Axl.8924 said:

Classes are roughly split into 3 categories. Bunkers, like Engineers (holosmith or scrapper), half of Rangers, half of Necros. CC-spam builds, like Warriors, whose effectiveness is basically entirely reliant on endless CC and a lack of stability. And indeed, condi builds. Condi rev is op, but the truth is that all good builds that dont fall into the former 2 categories fall into this one. Pretty much every class is going condi. Ranger is, Rev is, Guardian is, Necro is, Ele is, even bloody
Thief
is running condi now. Condi is significantly overturned and as a result, the only classes still running power are the ones that simply dont have a viable way of playing condi. Which is to say, Engineer and Warrior.

boon corrupt itself cannot compete at this moment, because it got nerfed really hard.

Core Nec is either a bunker build which doesnt really do much damage (that one is split between power or condi), or full condi. There are no full power Necro builds. Same story for all non-Engineer and Warrior professions. And those 2 only arent playing condi because they dont really have the option. Engineers only condi build was surprisingly the only condi build really significantly nerfed, and it was nerfed to hell, while Warrior simply never really had the option.

At this point the only way to get non-bunker power back as an option is to nerf condi like power was nerfed. I would suggest the same 33% slash accross the board, and if something ends up underperforming, just buff it up.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

Thief

Core Nec is either a bunker build which doesnt really do much damage (that one is split between power or condi), or full condi. There are no full power Necro builds. Same story for all non-Engineer and Warrior professions. And those 2 only arent playing condi because they dont really have the option. Engineers only condi build was surprisingly the only condi build really significantly nerfed, and it was nerfed to hell, while Warrior simply never really had the option.

At this point the only way to get non-bunker power back as an option is to nerf condi like power was nerfed. I would suggest the same 33% slash accross the board, and if something ends up underperforming, just buff it up.

Lich shroud has lots of power implements axe is power too. power can still do decent dmg for power necro core, since lich still hurts.

Condi necro is way more limited than other classes since applications of condis such as burn.

Guard can apply tons of burns and mes not sure how it is now but mirage was applying way more condis than necro could on its own without boon corrupt and right now boon corrupt can't keep up, hence why power is dominant for necro with the sustain to survive.

Boon corrupt was one of the things that helped push necro condi up a lot, but with the nerfs its very apparent how condis are really bad without those boon corrupts we had..

Reaper hits really hard with power, so there is that, though hybrid power condi does help since you can apply some conditions

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

Thief

Lich shroud has lots of power implements axe is power too. power can still do decent dmg for power necro core, since lich still hurts.

Condi necro is way more limited than other classes since applications of condis such as burn.

Guard can apply tons of burns and mes not sure how it is now but mirage was applying way more condis than necro could on its own without boon corrupt and right now boon corrupt can't keep up, hence why power is dominant for necro with the sustain to survive.

Boon corrupt was one of the things that helped push necro condi up a lot, but with the nerfs its very apparent how condis are really bad without those boon corrupts we had..

Reaper hits really hard with power, so there is that, though hybrid power condi does help since you can apply some conditions

Core Necro can certainly do power damage, but to do so it needs to be pretty squishy, while condi can do damage and remain (somewhat) tanky. Thats why core condi necro does work, but power does not. Well, the main one, anyway. Reaper is power, yeah, but Reaper is not doing too hot right now.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

Thief

Core Necro can certainly do power damage, but to do so it needs to be pretty squishy, while condi can do damage and remain (somewhat) tanky. Thats why core condi necro does work, but power does not. Well, the main one, anyway. Reaper is power, yeah, but Reaper is not doing too hot right now.

getting 10 power per carapace stack would like to have a word with you, there is a reason why power necro was meta before the nerfs.havent played after but I bet its prop still power.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

Thief

getting 10 power per carapace stack would like to have a word with you, there is a reason why power necro was meta before the nerfs.havent played after but I bet its prop still power.

Thats bunker Necro. I wouldnt call bunker builds either power or condi. That being said, people are also playing condi versions. Mostly minionmancers to use Necromantic Corruption to counteract the condi meta.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Revolution.5409 said:Players forget that Mirage can still apply tons of conditions. xD

god kitten mirages and their endless conditions !

Absolutely, Mirage is far from rubbish.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

@Revolution.5409 said:Players forget that Mirage can still apply tons of conditions. xD

Mirages arent the problem, actually. Its a decent build, but just that, decent. Its hardly overperforming. Main culprits are Rev, Weaver, Guardian, various Rangers, core Necro and possibly thief.

Condition Ranger? could you please share the build with me?