Legendary Equipment and Templates - [Merged]

1 hour ago, Anthonev.6452 said:

Wouldn't that just make it the same as it is now. Basically the 'skin' is on the gear the toon has, which is used across its equipment tabs.

It would be the same, but then again we don't have leg armory available now, so who says the rules can't change. I think it would be much better if they introduced skins-per-tab with armory. I said it would be a disappointment if that wasn't the case, but it doesn't make it some kind of a deal breaker, it would still be good to have.

• Confused 1

MikeZ on stage said that templates will be free. Weeks later you have to pay for more slots. You now said that access and use of legendary armory is free. If you pull the same thing for armory you did with templates prepare for a massive backlash.

Edited by DirtyDan.4759

47 minutes ago, TwinFrozr.6214 said:

Plans on including all account bound gear in the wardrobe?

Not sure what you're asking about?

If you;re talking about Legedary Armoury, it's not about account bound gear, nor is it about unlocked wardrobe skins. It's about legendaries you actually posess (so, no, don;t count on getting Sunrise and Twilight as an automatic bonus to having unlocked Eternity in wardrobe.

10 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Not sure what you're asking about?

If you;re talking about Legedary Armoury, it's not about account bound gear, nor is it about unlocked wardrobe skins. It's about legendaries you actually posess (so, no, don;t count on getting Sunrise and Twilight as an automatic bonus to having unlocked Eternity in wardrobe.

Apologies for being unclear. I am curious about the possibility to include non-legendary gear as well, as long as the items are not soulbound.

As of my understandings, Legendary armoury is a "treat" to encourage the making of legendary equipment. Instead of immediately unlocking the Legendary wardrobe for everyone, however, even those without legendaries; why not make it a first legendary bind unlock, and include all shareable equipment on the account? I am certain that players will feel crippled when they still have to move non-legendaries between characters manually.

Edited by TwinFrozr.6214

3 hours ago, TwinFrozr.6214 said:

Apologies for being unclear. I am curious about the possibility to include non-legendary gear as well, as long as the items are not soulbound.

As of my understandings, Legendary armoury is a "treat" to encourage the making of legendary equipment. Instead of immediately unlocking the Legendary wardrobe for everyone, however, even those without legendaries; why not make it a first legendary bind unlock, and include all shareable equipment on the account? I am certain that players will feel crippled when they still have to move non-legendaries between characters manually.

Then get a legendary of that item or another acsended/exotic for alt.

7 hours ago, TwinFrozr.6214 said:

As you have mentioned already, Legendary Armoury is meant to encourage the making of legendary equipment. By including ascended equipment in the equation, the system would end up the exact opposite of that.

Not to mention, there's already a solution for ascended gear - it's called "getting multiple copies of those". Notice, that it's a solution that is still cheaper than crafting legendaries.

But if you are just asking a question, and not proposing introducing changes to the system, then the answer is that from what we've heard so far Legendary Armory system is meant for legendaries only, and there are no plans to expand it to a wider range of gear.

Edited by Astralporing.1957

13 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Not to mention, there's already a solution for ascended gear - it's called "getting multiple copies of those". Notice, that it's a solution that is still cheaper than crafting legendaries.

I beg to differ: 

In the case one is buying a Minstrel and sharing (effectively copying) it between the maximum amount of characters, each Minstrel is worth 24 gold. I bet not even Eternity will be more expensive per character than buying an ascended for each. 

Ultimately; I thought this Legendary Armory was a solution to avoid moving stuff between characters manually, not a way to sneak around the cost (and make a quantity item) of legendaries. 

Edited by TwinFrozr.6214

On 5/11/2021 at 11:52 PM, TwinFrozr.6214 said:

In the case one is buying a Minstrel and sharing (effectively copying) it between the maximum amount of characters, each Minstrel is worth 24 gold. I bet not even Eternity will be more expensive per character than buying an ascended for each. 

If you need to make some extremely rare edge case assumptions (like having max character slots, and needing gear for all those) to even make the cost comparable, you've already lost the argument here.

By the way, crafting ascended is probably the most costly approach (takes anywhere from ~20 to 40 gold, with price mostly depending on stats). A lot of ascended gear players would be equipping is going to come from reward drops however.

(i.e. i don't remember the last time i actually bought or crafted an ascended weapon - i'm quite sure that by now a majority of ascended gear i use comes from drops, and thus i haven't paid a single copper for them)

On 5/11/2021 at 11:52 PM, TwinFrozr.6214 said:

Ultimately; I thought this Legendary Armory was a solution to avoid moving stuff between characters manually, not a way to sneak around the cost (and make a quantity item) of legendaries. 

No. It was primarily a solution to a completely different issue. One where (as many players noticed) using legendary gear with gear loadout system made them actually be less useful than ascended ones.

Making legendary armory use ascended gear as well would not only not help fix the issue the Armory was supposed to solve, but actually make it even bigger.

10 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

If you need to make some extremely rare edge case assumptions (like having max character slots, and needing gear for all those) to even make the cost comparable, you've already lost the argument here.

By the way, crafting ascended is probably the most costly approach (takes anywhere from ~20 to 40 gold, with price mostly depending on stats). A lot of ascended gear players would be equipping is going to come from reward drops however.

(i.e. i don't remember the last time i actually bought or crafted an ascended weapon - i'm quite sure that by now a majority of ascended gear i use comes from drops, and thus i haven't paid a single copper for them)

No. It was primarily a solution to a completely different issue. One where (as many players noticed) using legendary gear with gear loadout system made them actually be less useful than ascended ones.

Making legendary armory use ascended gear as well would not only not help fix the issue the Armory was supposed to solve, but actually make it even bigger.

OK, quoting what you just said: 

On 5/11/2021 at 10:28 AM, Astralporing.1957 said:

it's a solution that is still cheaper than crafting legendaries.

Yes, it is cheaper the fewer characters you have to gear up. The more characters you have, the less true it becomes. You stated this as an absolute fact, which even in the case of Eternity (about 50g per character in the case of maximum characters), is incorrect.

It is not about "winning" an argument here, it is about having a constructive discussion. Those who can make legendaries are more likely to have a high /age, and therefore, also a higher welfare (for example, more character slots). 10% of gw2e 4000h+ players have 22 characters, including players who aren't even active anymore. 3600 gold for the most expensive legendary in the game, Eternity, divided by 22 characters = 163 gold per character. 

20-40 gold for ascended crafting sounds incredibly cheap (except the free in PvP). Where did you find out that? 70+ gold per ascended sounds more realistic, if something drastical haven't happened to material pricing.  

Edit: I personally have 62 characters and a few legendaries, so I do not even argue in my own favor. I will be one of those gaining the advantage of what I am questioning here 😛 

Edit 2: To reconnect to my main point, what I'd like is shareable weaponry unlock after account-binding the first Legendary, including all items bound to the account (and keeping Legendary skins untransmutable; Ferraris should be rare sights, not more common than Toyotas!)

Edited by TwinFrozr.6214

1 hour ago, TwinFrozr.6214 said:

Yes, it is cheaper the fewer characters you have to gear up. The more characters you have, the less true it becomes. You stated this as an absolute fact, which even in the case of Eternity (about 50g per character in the case of maximum characters), is incorrect.

Actually, 50g is currently more costly than the most costly option for an ascended GS (which is ~40 gold for pahua/trailblazer crafted version)

It is not about "winning" an argument here, it is about having a constructive discussion. Those who can make legendaries are more likely to have a high /age, and therefore, also a higher welfare (for example, more character slots). 10% of gw2e 4000h+ players have 22 characters, including players who aren't even active anymore. 3600 gold for the most expensive legendary in the game, Eternity, divided by 22 characters = 163 gold per character. 

For 160g you'd be able to get from 4 to 8 ascended greatswords.That should cover for all the stat variations you might need on every character that would use GS.

20-40 gold for ascended crafting sounds incredibly cheap (except the free in PvP). Where did you find out that? 70+ gold per ascended sounds more realistic, if something drastical haven't happened to material pricing.  

Check prices on efficiency It really is at around those prices now. With the five caladbolg weapons (stat-selectable) at around 19g.

And that's for weapons. If we'd be talking trinkets (which, remember, are also part of the picture), there's simply no comparison at all.

Edit: I personally have 62 characters and a few legendaries, so I do not even argue in my own favor. I will be one of those gaining the advantage of what I am questioning here 😛 

Edit 2: To reconnect to my main point, what I'd like is shareable weaponry unlock after account-binding the first Legendary, including all items bound to the account (and keeping Legendary skins untransmutable; Ferraris should be rare sights, not more common than Toyotas!)

I understand what you want. I just point out that it would almost certainly go against one of the primary reasons for which legendary armory was made. Which was specifically to make crafting legendaries more advantageous compared to ascended than they are now. Your solution would offer ascended a far bigger edge than they have now, because not only it would fully retain (or even increase) the price edge they have now, but also reduce the QoL advantage legendaries now posess.

Basically, yes, due to the Armory, you will be getting more out of legendaries you posess. That's fully intended.

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Actually, 50g is currently more costly than the most costly option for an ascended GS (which is ~40 gold for pahua/trailblazer crafted version)

For 160g you'd be able to get from 4 to 8 ascended greatswords.That should cover for all the stat variations you might need on every character that would use GS.

Check prices on efficiency It really is at around those prices now. With the five caladbolg weapons (stat-selectable) at around 19g.

And that's for weapons. If we'd be talking trinkets (which, remember, are also part of the picture), there's simply no comparison at all.

I understand what you want. I just point out that it would almost certainly go against one of the primary reasons for which legendary armory was made. Which was specifically to make crafting legendaries more advantageous compared to ascended than they are now. Your solution would offer ascended a far bigger edge than they have now, because not only it would fully retain (or even increase) the price edge they have now, but also reduce the QoL advantage legendaries now posess.

Basically, yes, due to the Armory, you will be getting more out of legendaries you posess. That's fully intended.

Thanks for the clarifications (I neither have crafted ascended in a while) 🙂

Without disable the effects on your own and on the other charactes the future of GW2 looks like this.

GW2 - Human/Mesmer - Transcendence - Conflux - Coalescence - Vision - Aurora (YouTube Video)

When Anet forces us to use the effects of the legendary trinket and the one's from the legendary armor (PvE) each character looks like the same and the view and feeling of GW2 will be boring.

Another point is that Anet can't sell skins in the Gem-Shop because they can't be used on the armors which are in the "Legendary Armory".

Please do not make ascended irrelevant after getting legendary, it still feels great when I get ascended drop from raid , events, fractals and also buying them from raid and strike vendors, gearing a new character from scratch is fun and part of gameplay.

After brainstorming for an hour finding about this I could find one solution to have it both way (That you have to have a ascended in your new character to use it) for example I have twilight in armory now I can turn any ascended great sword in my inventory into twilight, as stats of ascended and legendary is same and this way ascended will still be relevant. But that's just my take I am sure you guys will find better way to implement them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

I think many of you will be soooo disappointed. To me "legendary armory" sounds like it is an armory, a place where you _store_ your weapons and armor pieces. Store, not share. I think, it will be a place to store your legendary equipment, and from where you can use it once it is unequipped from _all tabs on all chars_. I'm pretty sure it will be an everywhere accessible extra bank for the legendary equipment. And as it sounds to me, it will be accessible on the equipment-page of a char much like the inventory. That means it will be an extra bank for legendary items that feels like part of the inventory of a char when you're in the equipment-tab of that char. Maybe you can choose to unequip the item on another char without leaving the current char to make it instantly become available on the char you are currently playing.

The OP says:

"Any legendary item that is added to the Legendary Armory will become ___available for use___ by all the characters across your entire account at the same time. "

This is not the same as "will become usable at the same time" .. it says "available .. at the same time".

You will be able to pick the legendary equipment piece from the armory with any char and use it, but if you do, it will be unavailable to all other chars.

The OP says further:

"This removes the need for you to swap legendary equipment between characters through your bank or shared inventory."

It says exactly this. Only the need of the swap is what is intended to be removed.

The Op says, that part of the goals for the armory is:

"Make it _feel_ more valuable to earn and use legendary equipment... "

Maybe you will be able see the collection of all your legendary equipment pieces at all chars, some of them unavailable for the current char because it is in use by another one. This "sum"-view would probably make you more proud of what you've achieved so far.

I guess legendary crafting is a major income driver for Arenanet. Why on earth should they cut this off?

I think the armory will be nice nonetheless.

Maybe it will display all the legendary runes and sigils and a tool-tip shows, which char they are on. That would be nice.

Have fun. 🙂

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Ashreen Destemas.6840 said:

Hey,

I think many of you will be soooo disappointed. To me "legendary armory" sounds like it is an armory, a place where you _store_ your weapons and armor pieces. Store, not share. I think, it will be a place to store your legendary equipment, and from where you can use it once it is unequipped from _all tabs on all chars_. I'm pretty sure it will be an everywhere accessible extra bank for the legendary equipment. And as it sounds to me, it will be accessible on the equipment-page of a char much like the inventory. That means it will be an extra bank for legendary items that feels like part of the inventory of a char when you're in the equipment-tab of that char. Maybe you can choose to unequip the item on another char without leaving the current char to make it instantly become available on the char you are currently playing.

The OP says:

"Any legendary item that is added to the Legendary Armory will become ___available for use___ by all the characters across your entire account at the same time. "

This is not the same as "will become usable at the same time" .. it says "available .. at the same time".

You will be able to pick the legendary equipment piece from the armory with any char and use it, but if you do, it will be unavailable to all other chars.

The OP says further:

"This removes the need for you to swap legendary equipment between characters through your bank or shared inventory."

It says exactly this. Only the need of the swap is what is intended to be removed.

The Op says, that part of the goals for the armory is:

"Make it _feel_ more valuable to earn and use legendary equipment... "

Maybe you will be able see the collection of all your legendary equipment pieces at all chars, some of them unavailable for the current char because it is in use by another one. This "sum"-view would probably make you more proud of what you've achieved so far.

I guess legendary crafting is a major income driver for Arenanet. Why on earth should they cut this off?

I think the armory will be nice nonetheless.

Maybe it will display all the legendary runes and sigils and a tool-tip shows, which char they are on. That would be nice.

Have fun. 🙂

If your right that would make it useless and resources would have been better spent elsewere.

Since equipment templates will still be reset just like they do now when you unequip your legendary.

On 3/20/2020 at 7:30 PM, Fire Attunement.9835 said:

Here are our goals for the Legendary Armory feature:

• Make it feel more valuable to earn and use legendary equipment, while also making it easier to use legendary items with the Equipment Template feature.

I've never realized duplications equal value increase... Does it work on dollar bills too? Thanks for the insight! 🙂

After spending way too much time looking at this, I only wish there were more facts and fewer speculations.

Anet can mess this up pretty bad, be it for the people who crafted multiple sets before this, or the people interested in fashion, or for the people who just want to participate in the end game freedom that legendary gear provides. They're kind of in a rough situation with this; so I'm just gonna throw in my thoughts to this too and hope that it's actually considered.

in regards to players who have already made duplicates of legendaries; offering a way for them to use their duplicates would be nice, either by just unbinding them so that they can sell them to other players, or by making them useful in some other way, like as an exchange for a special new rare item. Giving full refunds for the crafting of each legendary would have a lot of issues with implementation and still leave players with a lot of legendary crafting materials that they wont be able to do anything with, and I think it would be a bad idea because of that.

For players who care about style; either allowing them to make a "fake" duplicate legendary for the purposes of wardrobe (maybe at the cost of an ascended item of the same slot, or exotic) would be an easy step that wouldnt require a new system, but I also think that it's about time we have wardrobe loadouts be different from equipment anyway. Style is an important part of the game to many people, being able to save "wardrobe loadout"s and sharing them is a long overdue thing, and with people running around in full legendary gear being more of a reality, having different styles that can just go on top of that (for free) is important. in an actually useful part of this, I like having different visuals for each of my builds so that I can tell at a glance which stat set I'm running, if we can't have different styles for different loadouts on legendary armour then there's almost a detriment to having legendary gear vs having multiple sets of ascended, and that shouldn't be a thing with how tough it is to get the gear in the first place.

Lastly for everyone else; if the restrictions for this new system are too strict (ex: the armoury only can steal the legendary from another character without going to character select) then the whole thing will honestly just be a waste of everyone's time and hopes. We all like this game, that's why we're still playing it, throw us some QoL bones that don't cost us gems once in a while, please.

Thanks

13 hours ago, Aesir.3192 said:

I've never realized duplications equal value increase... Does it work on dollar bills too? Thanks for the insight! 🙂

Indirectly, yes. Imagine, you buy a pair of pants for $10. Now something happens that lets that pair of pants be used by several people (of differnt gender and sizes) and make them fit each of those people perfectly. Suddenly your  $10 multiplied in value.

But more seriously: yes, QoL also has a value. If you add QoL to stuff, that stuff gains value.

On 5/22/2021 at 11:52 PM, Linken.6345 said:

If your right that would make it useless and resources would have been better spent elsewere.

Since equipment templates will still be reset just like they do now when you unequip your legendary.

It also makes absolutely zero sense, because last I checked it was impossible to be logged on two characters at once with the same account.

Having to "store" the legendary with one character and log in on another and "retrieve" it would be completely redundant compared to having it duplicated on any character. The end result is exactly the same. The only limitation will probably be that you have a set amount (ie if you have built 1 dagger, you can only take out 1 per character).

• Like 1