Nerf portal

Tayga.3192

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Why shouldn't portal be playable in a matchIt has been said and shown by the highest echelon of players that portal always has been and always will be busted for what it provides to coordinated teams.

That's not really going to change as long as it has that same functionality. It should truly be split in functionality from PvE and WvW so it works like Sand Swell in PvP.

I unironically think this is a good thread.Portal is OP skill, so OP that mesmer can't be good at anything because protal alone is making it meta.Nerf Portal and after that you can buff mesmer.Also I think Mesmer needs to be moved from duelist to a little bit different position.With so many utility skills it should be somewhere between duelist and some other position.(as if it would become the best 1v1 it would push some other professions like ranger for example to be just their worse version).

@mortrialus.3062 said:Portal is one of a handful of skills that scales immensely with higher skill caps and if anything the game needs more abilities that work like that, not less. If anything it should go back to it's prenerf state.

tbh you can use it if you are good but had bad placements.

Otherwise it's very bad in ranked, yeah.

@Sznurek.8791 said:I unironically think this is a good thread.Portal is OP skill, so OP that mesmer can't be good at anything because protal alone is making it meta.Nerf Portal and after that you can buff mesmer.Also I think Mesmer needs to be moved from duelist to a little bit different position.With so many utility skills it should be somewhere between duelist and some other position.(as if it would become the best 1v1 it would push some other professions like ranger for example to be just their worse version).

incorrect

@Sznurek.8791 said:I unironically think this is a good thread.Portal is OP skill, so OP that mesmer can't be good at anything because protal alone is making it meta.Nerf Portal and after that you can buff mesmer.Also I think Mesmer needs to be moved from duelist to a little bit different position.With so many utility skills it should be somewhere between duelist and some other position.(as if it would become the best 1v1 it would push some other professions like ranger for example to be just their worse version).

the most logical place for mesmer to be is roaming, but thiefs existence makes mesmer unplayable in that role so I dunno.

@Tayga.3192 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:Portal is one of a handful of skills that scales immensely with higher skill caps and if anything the game needs more abilities that work like that, not less. If anything it should go back to it's prenerf state.

tbh you can use it if you are good but had bad placements.

Otherwise it's very bad in ranked, yeah.

in ranked when I +1 people my allies sometimes dont even help just afk on point, to think they are smart enough to take portal that is intended for them and NOT take portal that is not for them is ridiculous. Using portal in ranked is shooting yourself in the foot, for every good play you make with it you will have retarded sidenoder take it and lose node etc etc.

I think portal is one of my favorite skills in the game, and I don't play mesmer. It needs thinking, and team play. There where a time where it was broken, mostly because mesmer was too good overall, but now I think it is really a "pro" skill to use in competitive environment with some coordination.I remember when a esport tournament (long time ago) was won with a portal to the lord on Legacy, it was so much fun to watch!I think this game can only get better if devs push team plays like: portals, combo field, etc

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@FrownyClown.8402 said:Portal doesn't need a 30s duration in pvp. Gives too much opportunity to zerg 1 point and immediately zerg another. 20s seems far more fair and gives less opportunity to auto win 2 points

It literally takes 20 seconds on average to run from one node to an adjacent node without swiftness.

So it takes the mesmer out of one fight and the 2 other dps have 10 less seconds to finish the first one. I dont see the problem

@FrownyClown.8402 said:

@FrownyClown.8402 said:Portal doesn't need a 30s duration in pvp. Gives too much opportunity to zerg 1 point and immediately zerg another. 20s seems far more fair and gives less opportunity to auto win 2 points

It literally takes 20 seconds on average to run from one node to an adjacent node without swiftness.

So it takes the mesmer out of one fight and the 2 other dps have 10 less seconds to finish the first one. I dont see the problem

Is this even English what in the world are you blathering about?

@Tayga.3192 said:

@FrownyClown.8402 said:So it takes the mesmer out of one fight and the 2 other dps have 10 less seconds to finish the first one. I dont see the problem

So you are talking about portal exit duration, like when you open two portals?

It doesn't really matter. What matters is portal entre duration.

Yeah I was talking the duration exit portal exists.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@FrownyClown.8402 said:The 30s duration. Idk even know why I'm complaining at this point. Only viable in team of 5, but gives teams a huge advantage to zerg points all game in those matches. Not gonna argue for the sake of it

you are whats wrong with this game :)

What if portal ran out before you could even get literally ANYWHERE AND ONLY LASTED AS LONG AS SHADOW STEP RETURN WITH A 50% LONGER COOLDOWN?! BRILLIANT!

The op has been a mesmer apologist, so it is probably a troll post.

Unfortunately, it was poorly executed, and actually served as a highlight that the nerfs were not too much.

Everyone gets their turn, but mesmer and thief will get it more.

Has anyone ever considered that some utilities are better on some maps than others?

Maybe the meta kit isn't game mode wide and more map selective.

Just a thought.