Core Necro shroud is an issue. It's making people look like gods

mrauls.6519

Necro shroud needs an update. Either lower the maximum amount of shroud a Necro can have or lower shroud regeneration. I don't want them to be unviable. I don't care about their damage, CC cleanse, etc... Just shroud. It's over the top, making people look like GW2 gods

My suggestion for today :)

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sort of agree. But that big shroud is all the Core Necro has. It's honestly just kind of bad all around in the DPS department, mobility, and even CC. Like right now, the only reason why a Core Necro can even deal damage at all, is because it can face tank while completing its long slow animation channels. If the shroud mechanics are nerfed too much, it'll force too much defensive play, and the Core Necro will no longer be able to offense long enough to do anything at all.

I do think shroud play needs to be nerfed, but if this happens the Core Necromancer shroud skills need some kind of buff compensation to accommodate.

So I don't believe this to be a situation where "The Core Necro is OP" as much as it is "The Core Necro is imbalanced." It needs a little less sustain and a little more offensive pressure/CC.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:I sort of agree. But that big shroud is all the Core Necro has. It's honestly just kind of bad all around in the DPS department, mobility, and even CC. Like right now, the only reason why a Core Necro can even deal damage at all, is because it can face tank while completing its long slow animation channels. If the shroud mechanics are nerfed too much, it'll force too much defensive play, and the Core Necro will no longer be able to offense long enough to do anything at all.

I do think shroud play needs to be nerfed, but if this happens the Core Necromancer shroud skills need some kind of buff compensation to accommodate.

I wouldn't mind updating shroud 1-5 skills. The Necro kit is good atm. It has great CC (fear ring), condi cleanse, heal options, reliable port stunbreaks, solid elite for bursting... Shroud just doesn't make sense in its current state, after all the damage reductions

@"mrauls.6519" said:Necro shroud needs an update. Either lower the maximum amount of shroud a Necro can have or lower shroud regeneration. I don't want them to be unviable. I don't care about their damage, CC cleanse, etc... Just shroud. It's over the top, making people look like GW2 gods

you are right about one thing, Necromancer god is Grenth- ' Grenth is the god of darkness, ice, and death' so therefore they can be seen as gods too

a god is not easily killed, Necromancer is Master of Death...no issues, nothing wrong with that

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:Necro shroud needs an update. Either lower the maximum amount of shroud a Necro can have or lower shroud regeneration. I don't want them to be unviable. I don't care about their damage, CC cleanse, etc... Just shroud. It's over the top, making people look like GW2 gods

you are right about one thing, Necromancer god is Grenth- ' Grenth is the god of darkness, ice, and death' so therefore they can be seen as gods too

a god is not easily killed, Necromancer is Master of Death...no issues, nothing wrong with that

certified bruh moment.

You are right OP, necro is pretty beefy, but the lacks of damage still makes up for it, and the lack of mobility makes it easy to kill when pinned down even in a 2v2 inside a node, thats why you always gotta stay as far as possible and use the worm as panic button.

@"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:I sort of agree. But that big shroud is all the Core Necro has. It's honestly just kind of bad all around in the DPS department, mobility, and even CC. Like right now, the only reason why a Core Necro can even deal damage at all, is because it can face tank while completing its long slow animation channels. If the shroud mechanics are nerfed too much, it'll force too much defensive play, and the Core Necro will no longer be able to offense long enough to do anything at all.

So I don't believe this to be a situation where "The Core Necro is OP" as much as it is "The Core Necro is imbalanced." It needs a little less sustain and a little more offensive pressure/CC.

100% agree here. Both elite specs pretty drastically changed how necro work to make it competitive. Core necro was always just a punching bag. Previously an ineffective one, but now probably too good. I don't know that tweaking numbers on shroud is going to get you to a happy bunker sustain level. I would rather see the shroud 2-5 skills cost lifeforce at the tradeoff of being buffed up to compensate for that lack of durability. Core necro shroud really is outdated anyways. Condi/power hybrid that don't do either well.

@Zephoid.4263 said:

@"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:I sort of agree. But that big shroud is all the Core Necro has. It's honestly just kind of bad all around in the DPS department, mobility, and even CC. Like right now, the only reason why a Core Necro can even deal damage at all, is because it can face tank while completing its long slow animation channels. If the shroud mechanics are nerfed too much, it'll force too much defensive play, and the Core Necro will no longer be able to offense long enough to do anything at all.

100% agree here. Both elite specs pretty drastically changed how necro work to make it competitive. Core necro was always just a punching bag. Previously an ineffective one, but now probably too good. I don't know that tweaking numbers on shroud is going to get you to a happy bunker sustain level.
I would rather see the shroud 2-5 skills cost lifeforce at the tradeoff of being buffed up to compensate for that lack of durability.
Core necro shroud really is outdated anyways. Condi/power hybrid that don't do either well.

That's like, exactly what needs to happen. Good suggestion.

@Burnfall.9573 said:

No problem when our main is the toxic one eyyyyy

@Brimstone Jack.3462 said:Stun/cc/cleanse/corrupt/fear/kiting/LOS will shut a rampaging shroud down REAL fast. But no, you can't just stand still and mollywhomp a defense-heavy caster spec 1v1 otherwise.

Core necros don't 'rampage'. Thats part of the problem. Very little that a core necro does in shroud matters. Its just a hp block. However, with how little damage people are doing right now, combat resing is super strong. With free last rites in blood magic, you can very easily res people many, many times in combat. You are also the best tank in the game atm. Eternal Life's free lifeforce regen is rather incredible and easily puts you at a good block of shroud every time shroud comes off cd. The combination makes for frustrating fights and really isn't a good spot to have a class in.

@"Brimstone Jack.3462" said:Except again: We can still be hard-countered by a bit of defensive play that. Some classes and builds fare better than others, but I don't look at any class and think "ez kill."

No, no you can't. I played tons of core necro in 2v2 and its nearly unkillable even when focused. I had many fights last until the areas of death. In 1v1 there is almost no class in the game that can kill you, though you probably can't kill most in return unless they bork their cleanses.

Well, congrats on attacking a core bunker while their partner was free to take out your partner then 2v1 you, I guess? 2v2 balance is very different. You're not going to solo or even 2v1 burst them down out of nowhere without more than a few tricks. But re-balancing based on 2s is kinda nuts, seeing as how it's only JUST had a trial run.

@Brimstone Jack.3462 said:Stun/cc/cleanse/corrupt/fear/kiting/LOS will shut a rampaging shroud down REAL fast. But no, you can't just stand still and mollywhomp a defense-heavy caster spec 1v1 otherwise.

That works against everyone. I dunno how to tell you this, we fight on points.

Yes, shroud needs a nerf. IMO the rate of decay should be faster. With probably reducing the maximum for both core and reaper by 20-25% in PvP.

@Brimstone Jack.3462 said:Well, congrats on attacking a core bunker while their partner was free to take out your partner then 2v1 you, I guess? 2v2 balance is very different. You're not going to solo or even 2v1 burst them down out of nowhere without more than a few tricks. But re-balancing based on 2s is kinda nuts, seeing as how it's only JUST had a trial run.

Again, core necro is the best resing classing class in the game. Blood magic gives three beneficial traits for reviving. You have signet of undeath. Your partner goes down, you pick them up easily. Again, being the block of hp means you can combat res like no other class. Cleave barely works as their full damage output

In 5v5, you often have 1v1s and 2v2s all over the map. 1v1 core necro is nearly unkillable. 2v2 its still incredibly tanky. Yeah, in 3v3+ your entire team can burst down a core necro, but ANY class can get bursted down in 3v3 so thats not a good argument.

I would not mind at all if they nerf life force regen, but give us back Foot in the Grave as a stunbreak at least (don't even need the stab, only the stunbreak on shroud). Because right now, staying in shroud is compulsory to tank the CC chains and damage that follows. So core necro is forced to stay in shroud until all the CC cancer is gone, and for me this is boring/passive gameplay.

@"mrauls.6519" said:I hope we see a balance patch drop immediately after this PvP season ends... Or maybe... During it!This is what PvP dev-team announced :The specific cadence for balance will always depend on our overall release schedule, but ideally it will be closer to every 4-6 weeks, while still having the opportunity to >make minor tweaks outside of the regular balance update.Next week its 6 weeks !. . . . FB, condi rev and especially necro have to be on the list. Dont nerf them to the ground but bring them in line !

The problem is with the base HP between classes. The difference between 11k base and 18k base is like 700 extra stats. It's the base HP that gives Necro so much sustain power, since their trait heals by HP percentage.

We have enough thing to differentiate the classes: namely, armor classes. That should be enough. All the classes should have the same 15k HP base.

@Sunshine.5014 said:The problem is with the base HP between classes. The difference between 11k base and 18k base is like 700 extra stats. It's the base HP that gives Necro so much sustain power, since their trait heals by HP percentage.

We have enough thing to differentiate the classes: namely, armor classes. That should be enough. All the classes should have the same 15k HP base.

If Guardian had 15k HP I would be insanely happy

Lower the inherent -50% incoming damage and condition damage while in Death Shroud down to something like -33%. Death Shroud is too tanky post megabalance and they can cast from range unlike reaper which needs to dive bomb into melee range where shroud will get immediately cleaved away.

@mortrialus.3062 said:Lower the inherent -50% incoming damage and condition damage while in Death Shroud down to something like -33%. Death Shroud is too tanky post megabalance and they can cast from range unlike reaper which needs to dive bomb into melee range where shroud will get immediately cleaved away.

Again, cc/stunlock can kill your whole LF bar pretty quick, and then it's squishy mortal time.