Remove Knights Amulet

shadowpass.4236

@Tharan.9085 said:

@Scoobaniec.9561 said:Have you even wondered why there are so many wvw builds compared to spvp? Take a hint.

Have you even wondered why in WvW everything is unbalanced?

No, seems more balanced to me than spvp, you could argue about few runes/sigils but thats where it ends. Just delete all amulets, sigils, runes and weapons cuz why have options? Removing stuff is not a proper way to balance the game, this is why balance has been trash since forever. Hit the class that causes trouble, not gear.This is how mobas balance when one hero causes troubles due to item(s) being buffed hes getting nerfed instead of the items. Only people here use reverse logic

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@"apharma.3741" said:Let me translate it for you: "Remove knights amulet instead of nerfing ranger"

Only other class that's really a problem on knights atm is maybe engineer but again it's more of a class issue.

I've been asking for nerfs to marksmanship modifiers, sic em, and base numbers on certain pets for a while now. But it doesn't matter how much ranger gets nerfed people will still cry about it because the general skill level is much lower than it used to be. Base numbers on our weapons should not be nerfed more and neither should the functionality of our weapons.

Regardless, I don't use birds and tigers because they are trash pets that only work against builds without physical damage mitigation, without heavy condi pressure, because they also insta die in teamfights and cause me to lose node when the enemy is intelligent enough to pressure them.

However, even if I kill the pets, a knights amulet ranger can eat my damage for a solid few minutes without dodging anything and still be able to live... no different than a knights prot holo, bunker core necro, or any other facetank spec that has too much survivability in the current meta. Any other amulet wouldn't be an issue to kill but it's pretty tough to whittle away at a 3200+ armor enemy when damage got nerfed pretty hard.

Keep in mind, it's Conquest. You don't need to kill things in order to win. Just sit on node because people can't kill or decap you in a reasonable timeframe. :)

Nerf WILDERNESS SURVIVAL and you won't have ranger Face tanking everything with a knights amulet. Mind you it's dolyak rune + knights amulet is what most of these core rangers are using at the moment. Giving them over 3.5k toughness and slightly under 17k health, Swap the knights amulet out for paladin and you'll have 2.9k toughness and slightly under 22k health on the core ranger. Promise you right now the difference in amulet isn't going to change the out come of the ranger face tanking everything.

Like i said before the issue isn't Knights amulet with these core rangers, it's wilderness survival IMO and theirs enough traits to legit help this class stay alive with the amount of valuable traits it has at the moment such as oakheart( 5% damage reduction whenever you have regen), Companion defense(2 seconds of protection every time you dodge), Rugged Growth(gain health whenever you have protection), and my favorite one wilderness Knowledge( reduces all survival skills by 20% , Gives you fury AND it clears 2 conditions). Wilderness knowledge is busted regardless of what any ranger main wants to say lol the fact you have 2 stun breaks under that offers Condi removal, Superspeed, Evade, quickness, and Fury is crazy. How Anet let that slide is beyond me.

Mind you we aren't even talking about Beast Mastery and What Protect Me as utility has to offer as a THIRD stun break. Instead of blaming Knights amulet for some of these classes over performing as a side node why not look at the traits that allows them to stay alive so easily with no issues at all? Especially a Class like ranger with the BEST stun breaks in the game at the moment with them ALL being 24-32 seconds long at most. Pretty sure ANY side noder with the ability to break out of any HARD cc within every 24 second would not die to anyone 1vs1 or 1vs2 if you know how to properly mange your utilities and dodge a few skills.

Fun Fact: Protect me offers Barrier, Protection, Swiftness, and Regen! ON a 24 second cool down but we want to blame a amulet instead as to why certain specs can face tank so easily and not worry about getting bursted down when they have 2 stun breaks and a heal under 25 second each. This is what you call a brain dead build/spec that is EASILY rewarding players because the build carries itself more the then the skill level required to play the class itself. Imagine If prot holo Stun breaks Offerd Boons anywhere near what ranger gets and that's also another class that needs heavy nerfs but it isn't because of knights amulet lol.

@zoopop.5630 said:

@"apharma.3741" said:Let me translate it for you: "Remove knights amulet instead of nerfing ranger"

Only other class that's really a problem on knights atm is maybe engineer but again it's more of a class issue.

I've been asking for nerfs to marksmanship modifiers, sic em, and base numbers on certain pets for a while now. But it doesn't matter how much ranger gets nerfed people will still cry about it because the general skill level is much lower than it used to be. Base numbers on our weapons should not be nerfed more and neither should the functionality of our weapons.

Regardless, I don't use birds and tigers because they are trash pets that only work against builds without physical damage mitigation, without heavy condi pressure, because they also insta die in teamfights and cause me to lose node when the enemy is intelligent enough to pressure them.

However, even if I kill the pets, a knights amulet ranger can eat my damage for a solid few minutes without dodging anything and still be able to live... no different than a knights prot holo, bunker core necro, or any other facetank spec that has too much survivability in the current meta. Any other amulet wouldn't be an issue to kill but it's pretty tough to whittle away at a 3200+ armor enemy when damage got nerfed pretty hard.

Keep in mind, it's Conquest. You don't need to kill things in order to win. Just sit on node because people can't kill or decap you in a reasonable timeframe. :)

Nerf WILDERNESS SURVIVAL and you won't have ranger Face tanking everything with a knights amulet. Mind you it's dolyak rune + knights amulet is what most of these core rangers are using at the moment. Giving them over 3.5k toughness and slightly under 17k health, Swap the knights amulet out for paladin and you'll have 2.9k toughness and slightly under 22k health on the core ranger. Promise you right now the difference in amulet isn't going to change the out come of the ranger face tanking everything.

Like i said before the issue isn't Knights amulet with these core rangers, it's wilderness survival IMO and theirs enough traits to legit help this class stay alive with the amount of valuable traits it has at the moment such as oakheart( 5% damage reduction whenever you have regen), Companion defense(2 seconds of protection every time you dodge), Rugged Growth(gain health whenever you have protection), and my favorite one wilderness Knowledge( reduces all survival skills by 20% , Gives you fury AND it clears 2 conditions). Wilderness knowledge is busted regardless of what any ranger main wants to say lol the fact you have 2 stun breaks under that offers Condi removal, Superspeed, Evade, quickness, and Fury is crazy. How Anet let that slide is beyond me.

Mind you we aren't even talking about Beast Mastery and What Protect Me as utility has to offer as a THIRD stun break. Instead of blaming Knights amulet for some of these classes over performing as a side node why not look at the traits that allows them to stay alive so easily with no issues at all? Especially a Class like ranger with the BEST stun breaks in the game at the moment with them ALL being 24-32 seconds long at most. Pretty sure ANY side noder with the ability to break out of and HARD cc within every 24 second would not die to anyone 1vs1 or 1vs2 if you know how to properly mange your utilities.

Protect me offers Barrier, Protection, Swiftness, and Regen! ON a 24 second cool down but we want to blame a amulet instead as to why certain specs can face tank so easily and not worry about getting bursted down when they have 2 stun breaks and a heal under 25 second each. This is what you call a brain dead build/spec that is EASILY rewarding players because the build carries itself more the then the skill level required to play the class itself. Imagine If prot holo Stun breaks Offer Boons anywhere near what ranger gets and that's also another class that needs heavy nerfs but it isn't because of knights amulet lol.

Wilderness Knowledge is the only condi clear we got.

Wilderness Survival has always been a busted triatline - and has always been the true root of every ranger problem ever. But without getting condi clear and maybe some small sustain in another line, it is a huge necessity right now. There just arent meta builds without it, and never have been.

@zoopop.5630

Prot Holo is a much stronger side noder than Core Ranger. Insane resustain and sustained pressure, strong mobility, multiple perma boon uptimes, extremely resistant to power damage, can spec to be basically immune to condis, etc. etc.

Not sure why you're comparing Prot Holo to Core Ranger when the former is basically unkillable unless 1v3+.

@Eurantien.4632 said:

Mind you we aren't even talking about Beast Mastery and What Protect Me as utility has to offer as a THIRD stun break. Instead of blaming Knights amulet for some of these classes over performing as a side node why not look at the traits that allows them to stay alive so easily with no issues at all? Especially a Class like ranger with the BEST stun breaks in the game at the moment with them ALL being 24-32 seconds long at most. Pretty sure ANY side noder with the ability to break out of and HARD cc within every 24 second would not die to anyone 1vs1 or 1vs2 if you know how to properly mange your utilities.

Protect me offers Barrier, Protection, Swiftness, and Regen! ON a 24 second cool down but we want to blame a amulet instead as to why certain specs can face tank so easily and not worry about getting bursted down when they have 2 stun breaks and a heal under 25 second each. This is what you call a brain dead build/spec that is EASILY rewarding players because the build carries itself more the then the skill level required to play the class itself. Imagine If prot holo Stun breaks Offer Boons anywhere near what ranger gets and that's also another class that needs heavy nerfs but it isn't because of knights amulet lol.

Wilderness Survival has always been a busted triatline - and has always been the true root of every ranger problem ever. But without getting condi clear and maybe some small sustain in another line, it is a huge necessity right now. There just arent meta builds without it, and never have been.

Which is fine if it stayed with 2-3 condi removal but the fact it OFFERS more then just condi removal is insane eura. I Personally would keep the condi removal on it and remove the Fury and 20% reduction to the skills at least then we can justify the stun breaks not offering so much within such a low CD.

@zoopop.5630 said:

Which is fine if it stayed with 2-3 condi removal but the fact it OFFERS more then just condi removal is insane eura. I Personally would keep the condi removal on it and remove the Fury and 20% reduction to the skills at least then we can justify the stun breaks not offering so much within such a low CD.

That's short sighted. WS cannot be nerfed until we have something gained somewhere else.

@shadowpass.4236 said:@zoopop.5630

Prot Holo is a much stronger side noder than Core Ranger. Insane resustain and sustained pressure, strong mobility, multiple perma boon uptimes, extremely resistant to power damage, can spec to be basically immune to condis, etc. etc.

Not sure why you're comparing Prot Holo to Core Ranger when the former is basically unkillable unless 1v3+.

they are both completely busted as side noder but I'm not bias about the class.

Prot holo isn't stronger in terms of dps compared to Core ranger. However without a doubt if u Match a core ranger and prot holo on a node together it'll just stay naturalize the entire time if it was even 1vs1 match up. Unlike Core ranger prot holo suffers from lack of stability which isn't hard to debunk them off a node unlike a ranger with it's insane 10 stack of stability.

Also....weren't you complaining about Core ranger running around with Knights amulet? The comparison is simple both class need to be properly nerf and I know for a fact the main culprit at the moment for Prot holo is Mortar kit and alchemy trait-line. Not Hard-light Arena , Not Knights amulet and Not The stun breaks that are long and crappy.

Any side noder with knights is annoying asf rn, so I can sympathize. The 1v1s atm are won by whomever has more knock back and stun breaks- I’ve seen ranger beat prot holo cuz of knock back, warrior even though it’s bad rn can also hold and stalemate things like ranger becuz of high amounts of knock back and stun breaks. But in the end even if you win that MU it takes so darn long to even take the node or win that 1v1 when they run knights

@"Dantheman.3589" said:Any side noder with knights is annoying asf rn, so I can sympathize. The 1v1s atm are won by whomever has more knock back and stun breaks- I’ve seen ranger beat prot holo cuz of knock back, warrior even though it’s bad rn can also hold and stalemate things like ranger becuz of high amounts of knock back and stun breaks. But in the end even if you win that MU it takes so darn long to even take the node or win that 1v1 when they run knights

I rarely ever agree with you on the forums but this is probably the biggest issue at the moment with the game. Side Noders DON"T deal enough damage to kill each other at all. Core Ranger and Prot holo match up is legit a never ending fight unless the skill level is really different or 1 has no idea how to properly kite around at all.

@zoopop.5630 said:

Let's compare utilities shall we?

Prot Holo:

1. Superspeed: 25s cooldown stunbreak + 3s superspeed
  2. Elixir U: 32s cooldown stunbreak + 7.5s quickness + 7.5s vigor + 6.25s might
  3. Hard Light Arena: 30s cooldown + 6s duration + 12s fury + 12s protection + 12s regeneration (half duration boons for allies) + 6 to pretty much infinite condi clear as long as vuln keeps getting converted to more prot with Purity of Purpose

Core Ranger:

1. Lightning Reflexes: 24s cooldown stunbreak + 4s fury + 10s vigor + 2 condi remove + 3/4s evade
  2. Quickening Zephyr: 32s cooldown stunbreak + 4s fury + 4s quickness + 4s superspeed + 2 condi remove
  3. Protect Me: 24s cooldown stunbreak + 4s protection + 4s regen + 4k barrier

The first two utilities are almost identical in terms of cooldowns and functionalities. Protect Me could get swapped out for Sic Em but even then, Hard Light Arena is far stronger vs. power and can be specced to perform just as well against condi damage not to mention it also affects allies. When taking Purity of Purpose, HLA single-handedly dwarfs the amount of condi clear a ranger can get through multiple traits/utilities and that's not counting the condi clear every time you receive prot (+ 4 condis cleansed on Elixir H/3+ from Healing Turret, 4+ condis cleansed from shield skills, 1+ cleansed from Toss Elixir H, 1+ from Emergency Elixir).

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@Bazsi.2734 said:Yes please, remove more amulets. Choosing an amulet shouldn't be the part of making a build. Use the condi amulet, or the power amulet. What, you mean there is more then one? Don't make my head hurt!

There is an imbalance somewhere, some things don't fit the game mode.

Like all the elite specialisations introduced by PoF. So remove them all I guess?

@Edge.8724 said:Someone playing with Knight Amulet doesn't have big damage numbers as well, they also don't have any ferocity at all. They can be durable, but far from beeing a problem.Also, they still have their baseline health pool, meaning they can be bursted down quite fast anyway. I'm not even talking about inflicting damaging conditions on them...

My big fear of seeing posts like these is that we already lost so many amulets over the years. Let's not reduce our build's choice much further.

And toughness is useless against conditions

@Chaith.8256 said:Comment last night in chat from Shorts_Gaming stream:

Eurantien & Shadowpass on the forums shutting down news of Ranger being OP faster than the Chinese Communist Party shutting down research into the Covid19 origin.

What would you say if people were saying, nerf the new explosives trait, nerf prot removes condis trait all at once, remove condi cleared is a condi converted to boon trait, remove engi sustain. All at once?

Would you say, hey here are some viable counters you could be running but arent for some reason?

Would you say, hey if we nerf all of this engi is dead?

Or would you let your class potentially get obliterated just because it's the strongest 1v1 side noding spec. Or are you righteous enough to say yeah, for the sake of balance it's fine if we nerf prot holo, its what's best for the game. Despite the fact ranger and weaver are still performing well on side nodes too, and arguably better.

If you shaved pets down 20%, they'd still die, hit for a lot less. Weaver would still be a good side noding option, and prot holo would probably become the undisputable king. I'm ok with ranger getting nerfed as long as other things get nerfed too. Right now the side node fights feel almost balanced and I fear we are about to go back to the times where only 1 side noding spec is viable. Funny enough, that's your class Chaith... yet I haven't seen you out here suggesting nerfs or ways to beat prot holo? Meanwhile...

We've said pet dmg is a little too high. We've stated the counter - killing the pet. There are videos of it happening. We've mentioned the real problem is WS and the tankiness of the ranger - but that there should be caution here as that's never changed before. We've mentioned that Knights amulet is kind of a problem (demo vs demo prot holo 100% beats core ranger - also makes it a lot easier for Weaver to win the 1v1 - a 1v1 weaver can already win). We've offered potential counter specs - yet top players aren't playing them.

Is ranger strong? yes. But people aren't playing the counters to it. People still aren't killing the pets. Sometimes rangers play demo or zerker and people focus the pets now and get meme'd by the ranger - when they should just focus the ranger with those amulets. Is ranger strong? yes. but so is prot holo, and LR weaver, and core necro, and crev, and power rev, and thief, firebrand, and some other side noding specs that people just aren't playing right now. I am ok with nerfing ranger, but I worry that it will lower the skill ceiling even more than it already has AND that it'll just nuke ranger into oblivion while these other classes sneak on by.

Do I like the way ranger is right now? 100%. It's a good 1v1er and despite having counters I have the experience to be able to deal with those. Moreover, all these people band wagoning to ranger don't have the experience to be able to win the mirror match up - which in my opinion - is how it should be. It's fucking dumb when people can just pick up a new class they've never played before and immediately get almost equal value vs someone who has thousands of hours on a class - that to me SCREAMS bad balance, something that is just instantly good because of it's numbers. That's not the case right now with ranger. There's a skill differential - I struggle with certain prot holos, I struggle with LR weaver, If I'm struggling with those I believe every other ranger should be losing those 1v1s. In fact, most 1v1s feel like there's a large amount of skill involved and I don't see these band-wagoners successfully being able to do it. That's how it should be imo. But that's not ranked - and thats not how the casual experiences it.

@"mrauls.6519" said:

@"Scoobaniec.9561" said:No, seems more balanced to me than spvpYes truly. Lets add Trailblazer and Dire to PvP. Minstrel too for good measure. We need food to be usable in PvP too of course.

?

I want infusion effects visible in PvP!This but unironically.

Everyone deserves to experience my main Necro in his full glory.DK3Nk4n.jpg