"Just Kill the Pets" or "Just Dodge"

zoopop.5630

Just so people can stop basing things ONLY on rank..... The two pets being abused in At's and Scrims are literately Smoke-scale and Rock Gazelle.

Probably the dumbest thing i have ever seen regardless of the amount of "nerfs" Gazelle has gotten IT STILL hits hard but that's not the worse thing possible. This is also an issue with the whole argument people keep using "Just kill the Pet" when clearly it takes forever to kill either 1 of those two pets JUST to have them retreat it or swap it off. Like this is insane to me that people are defending this argument of "kill the pet" when you still have a player(the ranger) On you.

SO let me get this correct in case it wasn't so clear before. Ranger Players Don't want to get Nerf because they think it's a "L2P" issue however we need to avoid the Following just to avoid getting clapped on?

1. Avoid Hilt Bash (16 sec cd when traited that Stuns and Dazes)
  2. Avoid Maul (4 sec cd when traited )
  3. Avoid Counter Kick (20 sec Cd Knockback)
  4. Avoid Point Blank Shot (15 sec Cd Knockback)
  5. Avoid Rapid Fire ( 10 second CD )
  6. Avoid Head Toss ( Gazell f2 on a 16 sec CD Knockback)
  7. Avoid Charge ( 12 second cd on a Daze from an Auto Chain attack from Gazell)
  8. Avoid TakeDown ( 12 second cd on a knockdown from SmokeScale)

That's about 8 skill i can think off from the TOP of my head on abilities that need to be avoided and about at least HALF of those skills NEED to be avoided in order to avoid the ranger/pet from getting any sort of damage Mod. Yet some of these Pets abilities can't even be Blocked because it becomes Unblockable....so for the sake of arguments and any other false bullshit going on can we just stop saying it's a "l2p" and "Dodge" issue? Shit getting old to read on the forums at least make a better case on how to properly manage the pets or the class itself.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on match up. If they are like knights with 2 birds, it’s obvious kill the pet and you’ll get node eventually. But some pets are way tanky and it’s that strat becomes way worse. But there are some builds and MUs where it doesn’t matter how tanky the pet is- like core symbol guard or pretty much any thing with condition aoe. Those match ups are like intense for about 30 secs and all of a sudden the aoe kills w.e pet and the ranger that already struggles against those builds is even more useless. So just kill pet only applies to like glass pets and match ups that would already win

The point people want to make is that the ranger should have more effort to put in rather than the pet slashing half the health of anyone after who knows how much effort it took to get the Ranger to 50% or less.

@Dantheman.3589 said:Depends on match up. If they are like knights with 2 birds, it’s obvious kill the pet and you’ll get node eventually. But some pets are way tanky and it’s that strat becomes way worse. But there are some builds and MUs where it doesn’t matter how tanky the pet is- like core symbol guard or pretty much any thing with condition aoe. Those match ups are like intense for about 30 secs and all of a sudden the aoe kills w.e pet and the ranger that already struggles against those builds is even more useless. So just kill pet only applies to like glass pets and match ups that would already win

Guardian Symbol spam is another problem of it's own, AoE's have the right to be large but lasting this long is absolute toxicity that doesn't belong. Should some of the Mantra's nerf be reverted to actually not make half the class useless entirely and touch the real problem here.

Well sure you will find people talking as if theres an unlimited use of dodges as an excuse in every discussion if it benefits their class.Its the pathetic last resort bringing it up in a 5v5 when you have 2 dodge vs 5 bustrers + 2-3 pets minimum and i say minimum because in case you havent noticed plat tier soon will have more rangers than all the other classes combined.

Got hit by 7500 by the charge the other day, also got dazed. Amazing rangers get to be the only class that can keep CC + burst abilities untouched for their pets.

It's almost like there's either a ranger bias or the patch was a rushed, untested piece of garbage

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:Those health numbers...what even? Was that just pulled from GW2Skills? I can assure you they are way off. Not even Bears get as high as those Smokescale/Gazelle numbers.

Yeah, those are the PvE pet health values, the PvP health values are half that. That's the problem with listening to the forums for advice on balance, most people don't know what they are talking about.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:Those health numbers...what even? Was that just pulled from GW2Skills? I can assure you they are way off. Not even Bears get as high as those Smokescale/Gazelle numbers.

Go to pets when you are looking around and they'll give you all the information you need on the pet tab.

@Waffler.1257 said:

Yeah, those are the PvE pet health values, the PvP health values are half that. That's the problem with listening to the forums for advice on balance, most people don't know what they are talking about.

100% telling you right now I don't EVER touch PVE. If for some stupid reason The stats on pets don't ever change AT all while your in the mist then that's on Anet and it should be corrected. However From just standing around in the pvp lobby the stats show exactly what i posted.

@Waffler.1257 said:

The pvp health values are not half pve. It's not listed anywhere and you can easily check in the pvp lobby. In addition, smokescale is damage immune when using smoke assault or smoke cloud and it's very easy to access weakness with this build- meaning you won't kill it.

@zoopop.5630 said:

100% telling you right now I don't EVER touch PVE. If for some stupid reason The stats on pets don't ever change AT all while your in the mist then that's on Anet and it should be corrected. However From just standing around in the pvp lobby the stats show exactly what i posted.

I'm looking at gazelle health in PvP right now, it's 21,913 with beast mastery, you said it had 40k. Bird in PvP is 16,243 again with beast mastery, you said it had 29k.

You posted PVE Pet numbers.

The stats in the Mists are the same as the stats in a PvP Match which are the following (traited to be buffed with Beastmastery mind you):

Birds and Tiger: 16,243 hp - 1,674 toughnessSmokescale: 23,800 hp - 2,361 toughnessGazelle 21,913 hp - 3000 toughness

Gazelle and Smoke don't do very much damage, besides Gazelle's RNG Charge into Narnia - so I'm surprised people are complaining about these. Are they annoyiing? Yes, but I don't think anything actually dies to this.

Birds and Tiger do good damage - and they are squishy. So, kill birds and tigers.

Luckily for all you non-ranger players. Pet AI is scripted. Goes through the same moves in order, so after smokeassault there will be a KD. The Deer likes to charge as soon as it can and will just stand there winding up for a bit.

If the ranger is squishy you need to target the ranger and dodge all the things mentioned by OP.

If the ranger is tanky (which most rangers are especially in ATs and will be in the MAT), you only need to dodge the CC knocking you off node and the pet dmg (but if you kill the dps pet, there's nothing to worry about now).

@Waffler.1257 said:

I'm looking at gazelle health in PvP right now, it's 21,913 with beast mastery, you said it had 40k. Bird in PvP is 16,243 again with beast mastery, you said it had 29k.

Where and How do i see the Pvp numbers? Pet Management showing me those exact numbers I posted while in the Mist.

@zoopop.5630 said:

Where and How do i see the Pvp numbers? Pet Management showing me those exact numbers I posted while in the Mist.

Pet health bar is above the weapon skills bar.

@Waffler.1257 said:

Pet health bar is above the weapon skills bar.

The Stat sheet just threw me off lmfaooo. Changing it off now.

@Eurantien.4632 said:

@"Odik.4587" said:I'm just leaving it here (you can watch until the game ends to see him dying 2v1 cuz pet kek)

Great example of a l2p moment. If he had just chilled the bird, or CC'd it, or better yet killed it. Then they could've trained the ranger down without it being able to do any damage.

Yeah, that's the problem. Not that the AI is hard to see and hits harder than builds running berserkers with every attack and 0 stat investment on the ranger's part.

No, the problem is that he didn't target the bird and force the ranger to call it back or swap it. Actions that would really have cost the ranger to employ.

@RisenHowl.2419 said:

@"Odik.4587" said:I'm just leaving it here (you can watch until the game ends to see him dying 2v1 cuz pet kek)

Great example of a l2p moment. If he had just chilled the bird, or CC'd it, or better yet killed it. Then they could've trained the ranger down without it being able to do any damage.

Yeah, that's the problem. Not that the AI is hard to see and hits harder than builds running berserkers with every attack and 0 stat investment on the ranger's part.

No, the problem is that he didn't target the bird and force the ranger to call it back or swap it. Actions that would really have cost the ranger to employ.

I'm glad you agree. Yeah. Since blue team already had control on henge. If he had just killed the thing killing him. He could've then freely trained the ranger and gotten a kill. Since no one had to go back to node to decap or cap it. Instead he fell right into the ranger's trap and his own ignorance led to him dying.

Luckily for the Rev, since pets don't recall instantly and also can't dodge, it would've been very easy for him to do.

@Eurantien.4632 said:

I'm glad you agree. Yeah. Since blue team already had control on henge. If he had just killed the thing killing him. He could've then freely trained the ranger and gotten a kill. Since no one had to go back to node to decap or cap it. Instead he fell right into the ranger's trap and his own ignorance led to him dying.

Luckily for the Rev, since pets don't recall instantly and also can't dodge, it would've been very easy for him to do.

lmfao pets don't recall instantly. yeah, they just do it at 2x superspeed. easy to catch, np.

watch the clip again, ranger pet swapped and it instantly KOd him. Please tell me more about how to dodge instant abilities or attacks from AI that are a 1/10th the size of a player model. 57:05

@RisenHowl.2419 said:

lmfao pets don't recall instantly. yeah, they just do it at 2x superspeed. easy to catch, np.

watch the clip again, ranger pet swapped and it instantly KOd him. Please tell me more about how to dodge instant abilities or attacks from AI that are a 1/10th the size of a player model. 57:05

The same way you dodge any other instant cast burst like a heralds sword 5 or reapers shroud procs or engineers explosive entrance. You get gud. He got instant KOed whilst at 6k HP on a class that runs pretty glassy. Let's be honest here if the rev didn't get insta KOed we'd be having very different discussions on these forums because that would be absolutely stupid.