1300 Gems for 3 Pieces of an Armor Set

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Zenith.7301 said:

@RabbitUp.8294 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:It has day/night effects and an aura effect on those pieces, clearly they consider it premium pack of skins. Don't like it, don't buy it.

I won't. I also won't hesitate to post my opinion whether or not you think I should buy it or not. It also doesn't change the fact we've been asking for full sets and not at 1300 gems. If its so premium, release it as an earnable legendary armor skin pack then.

Then post your opinion. What's up the "we" stuff, you don't speak for the playerbase.

Gemstore armour is exactly what a big portion of the playerbase was against back then, so saying that "we" are asking for full gemstore armour is what's tone deaf here.

If you think 1300 gems are too much, you are welcome to spend your gold instead, or vote with your wallet and don't buy them.

Oh, drop the ladder you climbed on. When he says we he means unhappy players, of which there are many. Sorry you don't like seeing your home team attacked.

^This is correct. I am expressing the concerns about this stuff that people have had and posted for literal years now. There are a TON of us that have posted our desire for the return of full armor sets instead of outfits because we can mix and match them with existing armors to create myriad new looks.

@IndigoSundown.5419 said:

@Iason Evan.3806 said:I really feel like charging 1300 gems for 3 pieces of an incomplete armor set after players have been asking for gem shop armor sets for a few years now is a tone deaf way to respond to what the players are asking for. We don't want pieces of a set. We want full sets placed on there so we can mix and match. The price is awful as well. Full armor sets don't cost 1300 gems traditionally.

Why is the price 1300 gems? That's too high a price for 3 pieces of an unfinished set.

1300 is a discount of 200 gems over buying the three pieces separately. Before the bundle was offered, getting them separately was the only way to get them. Surely, if you consider the discounted bundle price to be too high, you would also consider the individual prices to be too high.

compare the prices of other similar pieces over the years. these are more expensive. i am posting an opinion. you are free to disagree. don't tell me my opinion is wrong though. it's bad form.

while you are indeed getting skins available for all kinds of armor, it is still too much. Basen on this, new mount skins should costs thousands of gems...

IMO the right price would be 350/pc and 900/package. It would still be a bit too much, but hey - nicely done items and available for everybody.

@Iason Evan.3806 said:

@IndigoSundown.5419 said:

@Iason Evan.3806 said:I really feel like charging 1300 gems for 3 pieces of an incomplete armor set after players have been asking for gem shop armor sets for a few years now is a tone deaf way to respond to what the players are asking for. We don't want pieces of a set. We want full sets placed on there so we can mix and match. The price is awful as well. Full armor sets don't cost 1300 gems traditionally.

Why is the price 1300 gems? That's too high a price for 3 pieces of an unfinished set.

1300 is a discount of 200 gems over buying the three pieces separately. Before the bundle was offered, getting them separately was the only way to get them. Surely, if you consider the discounted bundle price to be too high, you would also consider the individual prices to be too high.

compare the prices of other similar pieces over the years. these are more expensive. i am posting an opinion. you are free to disagree. don't tell me my opinion is wrong though. it's bad form.

I commented that if the bundle price was too high then paying more for the individual pieces should also be too high. Based on your comment (quoted above), you even seem to agree with me. In what way did I say your opinion was wrong? Did you read more into my post than was actually said?

To clarify, the discount is almost certainly based on the higher cost of the individual pieces. This would mean to me that the issue you have raised is due to the original cost.

• ANet gave us a choice: armor sets via in-game achievement or via gem shop; we chose in-game.
  • 1300 gems actually gets us 9 skins, which is less than 150 gems/skin. 500 gems gets us 3 skins, which is 167 gems/skin. Those are well within precedent costs of older skins.

I'm not saying the OP has to like the way ANet is doling out new skins; I only ask that the OP take the time to understand the context first.

ANet pulled back from putting armor sets in the gemstore in response to player request. Sure not everyone agreed with the requests, but they were there. Partial sets in the gemstore are a compromise between those desiring armor sets in the gemstore and those preferring otherwise.

Not a perfect solution, but compromises are rarely perfect.

@Malediktus.9250 said:yes, 1300 gems = 16,25€. PoF costed 30€, so these 3 armor pieces cost as much as half an expansion

The gemshop prices are outrageously expensive for what you get in this game. And this is for stuff you can outright buy. Black lion chest exclusives can easily cost you 50€ a pop with average luck.

How is even an arguement?This is almost like a monthly subscription an optional feature to make any purchases in the Gem Store rather than being forced to.If I wanted to be a cheap skate I wouldn't purchase anything aside from the core game & Xpacs.

@Rhanoa.3960 said:

@Malediktus.9250 said:yes, 1300 gems = 16,25€. PoF costed 30€, so these 3 armor pieces cost as much as half an expansion

The gemshop prices are outrageously expensive for what you get in this game. And this is for stuff you can outright buy. Black lion chest exclusives can easily cost you 50€ a pop with average luck.

How is even an arguement?This is almost like a monthly subscription an optional feature to make any purchases in the Gem Store rather than being forced to.If I wanted to be a cheap skate I wouldn't purchase anything aside from the core game & Xpacs.

lol I spent thousands on this game. Does not change the fact that I usually find it overpriced for what you get

PoF costs $30, and I can get the three skins without spending any money at all.

@Rhanoa.3960 said:

Hah, if you wanted to be a cheapskate you'd have a f2p or core account and complain how it's unfair that people have gliders and mounts in Tyria. :)

Slightly more on topic, I do wish that the outfits were also available as armor sets as I'd definitely like to mix and match. And I do think that a lot of the stuff in the gem store is on the expensive side for what one gets...

@CedarDog.9723 said:

@Rhanoa.3960 said:

Hah, if you wanted to be a cheapskate you'd have a f2p or core account and complain how it's unfair that people have gliders and mounts in Tyria. :)

Slightly more on topic, I do wish that the outfits were also available as armor sets as I'd definitely like to mix and match. And I do think that a lot of the stuff in the gem store is on the expensive side for what one gets...

I totally agree with outfits as armor sets and having more options to variety of syles.

@Malediktus.9250 said:

@Rhanoa.3960 said:

lol I spent thousands on this game. Does not change the fact that I usually find it overpriced for what you get

This exactly what I've spent on Gem purchases in over 5yrs 1 month 13 days as of today.

$1234.28 USD for 61 months $20.23 USD a month.

For $20.23 USD a month which is more than any subscription base game, THIS GAME IS WORTH IT!

@Rhanoa.3960 said:

@Malediktus.9250 said:

@Rhanoa.3960 said:

This exactly what I've spent on Gem purchases in over 5yrs 1 month 13 days as of today.

For $20.23 USD a month which is more than any subscription base game,
THIS GAME IS WORTH IT!

I don't think I've played a game that costed $20 a month.

@Jojo.6140 said:Back in the time when they released full armor sets in the gem store, people complained that it were only full sets and suggested to release individual parts. So now they release individual parts based on the player-feedback back then.

Trouble is.. the ideal world would be.. bring out a set and let the players decide how to get it.. either as one whole set for x price or individual pieces at x price.. BUT buying the complete set would still be cheaper. (Remember City of Heroes way of doing costumes)

@Rhanoa.3960 said:

@Malediktus.9250 said:

@Rhanoa.3960 said:

For $20.23 USD a month which is more than any subscription base game,
THIS GAME IS WORTH IT!
I look at the value of the item I spent money on, not on the value of the game. It is not my fault if anet refuses to charge us a subscription fee. 1300/1500 gems in this example for 3 pieces of armor is definitely overpriced no matter how good the game is in relation to the 30€ expansion price.

@Wintermute.5408 said:For all the skimpy female armor, they still don't do female boots with high heels...

They need to put better footwear like that in the Gem Store. I know a lot of people that would buy heels. They could probably make good money by breaking the boots off of Outfits and selling them separately too.

Archived