Severe Lag Spikes & Disconnect - Error Code 7:11:3:202:101 - [Merged]

A few days ago, I was suffering from another ping spike and strangely, this time, it is related to my main character only and the spike disappeared when I logged on to my alt. So I decided to delete the temp cache folder and its content as suggested by some and it worked. So maybe this could be a short term workaround for some? 

As much as I hate to be the bearer of bad news, this specific error is either tied to the cache, or is actually tied to your ISP. Some ISPs have some sort of moderation tool built in to them, such as college campus providers, where there are certain functions blocked while linked to their internet service. For whatever reason, those blocks affect your ability to enter certain instances because your ISP won’t properly handshake with GW2’s Amazon (does Anet still use Amazon?) servers. This is why you can get booted from story instances, dungeons, PvP maps, unique locations, etc.

In order to solve this issue, use a free VPN service 

Spoiler

like ProtonVPN

which will allow you to properly complete the handshake and not lose connection. Some of the connections you can use with a VPN will still keep your ping below ~150, so it will not ruin your in-game experience.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/11/2022 at 8:21 PM, Noko Anon.9154 said:

As much as I hate to be the bearer of bad news, this specific error is either tied to the cache, or is actually tied to your ISP. Some ISPs have some sort of moderation tool built in to them, such as college campus providers, where there are certain functions blocked while linked to their internet service. For whatever reason, those blocks affect your ability to enter certain instances because your ISP won’t properly handshake with GW2’s Amazon (does Anet still use Amazon?) servers. This is why you can get booted from story instances, dungeons, PvP maps, unique locations, etc.

In order to solve this issue, use a free VPN service 

Reveal hidden contents

like ProtonVPN

which will allow you to properly complete the handshake and not lose connection. Some of the connections you can use with a VPN will still keep your ping below ~150, so it will not ruin your in-game experience.

The thing is I played lost ark which is on Amazon Games Server and I am fine, no lag. Once return to Gw2 lag everywhere, must be from Gw2's management.

• 3 months later...

Me too. Since last update my game became unplayable. Huge lag spikes and disconnects.
I never had this issue before.

Any other games are just fine, so, it is not on my side. ANET needs to look into this. Also I saw many players ingame complaining about the same problem.

• Haha 1

Hi, I'm experiencing the same problem too. It's impossible to do Living world without crashing and lagging and everytime I use waypoints it freezes on loading screen. 
My connection is just fine and the issue started today for me. I think it's a server problem. 

• Sad 1

Same problem here, have been emailing back and forth with support for 2 days straight doing everything they requested and nothing helped. Suggests that anet has some server issues since the last update, since i also have not had a single problem with gw2 before the small patch few days ago. all other games work fine. 

Hope they fix it soon.

• Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...

Same problem. I was playing for a month and last 3 days it has become dificult to enjoy this game. It is like playing on 1 map but when I decide to change map or teleport to the lion arch and etc I have this error. Connection is stable i've checket it.

Even if its because i am from Russia (but playing without VPN, 'cause I've bought this game once upon a time) i still have played for month(-s) without any problems so it is like on ANET side. Hope their servers will be fine soon

Same problem started when they added the new map, eventually stopped till sab was added, connection stable but when i wp or change map instances, death in wvw, death in trip, i get these constant annoying pop ups that spam me to press ok, lose squad or party, but apparently im still in it, all friends go online offline, i don't dc at all, still get rewards etc like normal.

Edited by RubyHazel.2719

I want to update my last post. I have tried to reinstall game but due to disconnections grom server my client cant even download game data installation process just stops at some moment and internet speed have some major drops.

Now I am sure that on Anet side 'cause jther games an apps work good and because while a had issues and was able to launch game (at least) there were good moments when connection was stable. So I very want to see new update/fix or something beause if to be honest i fall in love with this game but this trouble just frustrating: /

Two weeks ago i was getting high ping - up to 500-700ms in some instances, though stable - which seemed to improve last week. Today, at the time of writing this, i'm having the same issue again. The routes, according to `tracert`, are exactly the same for, for example, 70ms (3.64.201.148) and 500ms (3.70.148.33) servers, with the last two in the route responding to pings being 149.3.183.67 and 149.3.183.105 at stable ~60ms, which is also the highest on the route. What's more interesting is that hopping back and forth between two instances (i was always getting same two ips mentioned above) showed inconsistency as occasionally i got 500ms ping on .148 and\or 70ms on .33. This doesn't look like my local problem like a year ago where i did have a 10-20% packet loss on my ISP's gateway. Am i missing something here?

• Sad 1

I see a couple of different problems being id'ed. My problem is that today I am having trouble even logging into the game. This morning it took 30 mins, and I started trying to log into the game about 50 mins ago and was just able to log in. I can get here to the website just fine. Nothing is wrong with my internet, it's just logging into the game. I keep getting an error regarding being unable to connect to the login server. This is the first day I have had any issues with the game.