Here's How You Can Fix Warrior (It's Really Simple)

Bee.6239

Why would people play Warrior when Ranger got the whole GS shield kit at their disposal with just GS( i still don't understand why they gave ranger a block, it was unnecessary power creep then), chose a pet that gives gap closer, heal , stun or damage skills on it and you got all the utility slots from warrior with a bonus you get your utility slots free for whatever you want and a longbow on top. Ranger just has the full kit of warrior backed in, there is no point in the class to exist in pvp it does nothing special when it is basically half ranger without ranged option.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@fumcheg.1936 said:why should I care about war problems? there should not be 3 second stuns. 3 sec is enough to burst thief to death. let alone 5 second.

Ur post basically says ur bad at thief, sry. Wars are not hard to dummy on thief whatsoever unless they severely out play u.

Indeed. Pre-Feb 25th you could severely pub on a warrior as thief as long as you knew what you were doing. Nowadays, unfortunately, thief's power damage has been gimped so hard that unless the warrior is a total dummy, you're not killing them 1v1. Unless they run a very greedy zerker setup.

@NorthernRedStar.3054 said:

@fumcheg.1936 said:why should I care about war problems? there should not be 3 second stuns. 3 sec is enough to burst thief to death. let alone 5 second.

Ur post basically says ur bad at thief, sry. Wars are not hard to dummy on thief whatsoever unless they severely out play u.

Indeed. Pre-Feb 25th you could severely pub on a warrior as thief as long as you knew what you were doing. Nowadays, unfortunately, thief's power damage has been kitten so hard that unless the warrior is a total dummy, you're not killing them 1v1. Unless they run a very greedy zerker setup.

I donno with pd the blinds and kiting with stealth makes war pretty easy to play with lol. Just keep shadow step handy and avoid magebane and eviscerate and ur good.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Indeed. Pre-Feb 25th you could severely pub on a warrior as thief as long as you knew what you were doing. Nowadays, unfortunately, thief's power damage has been kitten so hard that unless the warrior is a total dummy, you're not killing them 1v1. Unless they run a very greedy zerker setup.

I donno with pd the blinds and kiting with stealth makes war pretty easy to play with lol. Just keep shadow step handy and avoid magebane and eviscerate and ur good.

Ah, right. I don't play the stealth spam builds.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Eh, the Warrior can punish stealth pretty easy, thats one of the ways thief gets killed. But in general, the fight is a draw. Even in the current state of Warrior, thief is woefully short of having enough damage to kill the Warrior, and the thief can just teleport up inclines to get away.

@NorthernRedStar.3054 said:

Ah, right. I don't play the stealth spam builds.

Well that's besides the point then, thief has builds that are great against war, just not the one u chose to use

@UNOwen.7132 said:

Eh, the Warrior can punish stealth pretty easy, thats one of the ways thief gets killed. But in general, the fight is a draw. Even in the current state of Warrior, thief is
woefully
short of having enough damage to kill the Warrior, and the thief can just teleport up inclines to get away.

Depends, I punish thieves hard if I catch them, usually by predicting and knowing their skills well but I also punish wars if they can can avoid their predictable telegraphed bursts lol.

@Rekt.5360 said:If you play thief and get bursted to death off a single stun vs a warrior in its current state the problem is on you. This isn't the days where warriors ran berserker's power in the strength line and eviscerate could actually delete 80%+ of a thief's HP. As a thief, especially if you run d/p daredevil you should not lose to a warrior at all. You have enough tools to kite, dodge/blind his burst, which is basically all single hits and bait his own stun breaks/ccs. And if you yourself have no CDs available nobody forces you to engage in the 1v1 while he's sitting on point. If you decide to duel a spellbreaker on point and die instead of disengaging it's entirely your fault. Also, literally all warrior CC skills have big telegraphs and very clear animations???

When the hell did I say I have problems with wars at all? I just said there should not be situation in the game when you die in stunlock 1v1 being caught out of stunbreaks. If you want buff wars then remove this 3 sec kitten first.

@fumcheg.1936 said:

@Rekt.5360 said:If you play thief and get bursted to death off a single stun vs a warrior in its current state the problem is on you. This isn't the days where warriors ran berserker's power in the strength line and eviscerate could actually delete 80%+ of a thief's HP. As a thief, especially if you run d/p daredevil you should not lose to a warrior at all. You have enough tools to kite, dodge/blind his burst, which is basically all single hits and bait his own stun breaks/ccs. And if you yourself have no CDs available nobody forces you to engage in the 1v1 while he's sitting on point. If you decide to duel a spellbreaker on point and die instead of disengaging it's entirely your fault. Also, literally all warrior CC skills have big telegraphs and very clear animations???

When the hell did I say I have problems with wars at all? I just said there should not be situation in the game when you die in stunlock 1v1 being caught out of stunbreaks. If you want buff wars then remove this 3 sec kitten first.

Warriors dont even deal enough damage to kill someone that is stunned for 3s right now

@fumcheg.1936 said:

Then don't get caught without stunbreaks, ur not a good thief if wars telegraphed and predictable cc is in any way a problem for u. Don't kno the last time I've been caught by a full burst from war lol, at most they get a bulls charge or imob on me and I simply shadowstep outa the knockdown or dash if imob'd. If a thief gets stun locked by a basic predictable war chain that's a get better issue on thief's part, sry.

@Tharan.9085 said:

Warriors dont even deal enough damage to kill someone that is stunned for 3s right now

That's the point and why a lot of non war players state otherwise, they want to keep it that way.

@fumcheg.1936 said:I just said there should not be situation in the game when you die in stunlock 1v1 being caught out of stunbreaks.Perhaps you should work on not being caught out of stunbreaks then. You're the only person in control of managing your cooldowns, and handling situations based on what skills are available at that moment. Being a thief, you even have the privilege of being able to outkite enemies indefinitely until you feel safe enough to reengage.

Warrior is mechanically one of the most balanced and well designed classes in the game. It's just underperforming because the damage overhaul hurt Warriors playstyle more than others, so currently other specs perform Warriors job better than Warrior does.

All it really needs is more consistent damage on the weapons that got hit the hardest. For instance Mace, Hammer, and Dagger currently do very pitiful dps. So Warriors can only CC chain, but can't do decent damage.

@Master Ketsu.4569 said:Warrior is mechanically one of the most balanced and well designed classes in the game. It's just underperforming because the damage overhaul hurt Warriors playstyle more than others, so currently other specs perform Warriors job better than Warrior does.

All it really needs is more consistent damage on the weapons that got hit the hardest. For instance Mace, Hammer, and Dagger currently do very pitiful dps. So Warriors can only CC chain, but can't do decent damage.

Just adding some damage back on cc's even if just on war would fix most of its issues, not all but most.

I don't play warrior; I have no idea what could wars possibly need. It's clear they need something, though, because fighting them changed radically and they no longer feel like a threat. If anything I'd lower the duration of their stuns -because honestly 3s knockdown is just wrong- and give them back some of their damage, they deserve it; but again, I'M NOT A WARRIOR PLAYER, I'M JUST SHARING MY 2 CENTS, if I'm wrong feel free to correct me. Wars before the patch were quite overperforming with damage\kiting\sustain\movement, but the current situation is just not fair. Wars deserve some love.

And besides, are we ever going to see berserkers again? Or the plan is to keep them dead indefinitely?

Playing Berserker Ammy with Axe/Shield + GS. Able to land 5k Axe throws with 7k Arcing Slices pretty consistently, Eviscerate has pretty nasty damage too with sometimes 8k hits. All of this depends on armor type and what the other uses but obviously Warrior is not in lack of damage IMO.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Shao.7236 said:If you're gonna get 2 Might on Tether, Riposting Shadows on Revenant needs 25 Endurance back too.

True! Cuz I mean why not? Both are in a great state emiright lol

Warrior absolutely dominated the side node meta because it could evade spam at up to 5k Unblockable crits per. If it gets it back, should Rev do too. It absolutely demolished Heralds and still can.

@Shao.7236 said:Playing Berserker Ammy with Axe/Shield + GS. Able to land 5k Axe throws with 7k Arcing Slices pretty consistently, Eviscerate has pretty nasty damage too with sometimes 8k hits. All of this depends on armor type and what the other uses but obviously Warrior is not in lack of damage IMO.

@Shao.7236 said:If you're gonna get 2 Might on Tether, Riposting Shadows on Revenant needs 25 Endurance back too.

Warrior absolutely dominated the side node meta because it could evade spam at up to 5k Unblockable crits per. If it gets it back, should Rev do too. It absolutely demolished Heralds and still can.

Yeah talking about warrior BEING strong in the past doesn't mean it's ok to be weak now. But hey almost all warriors and even most non war players have noticed how underperforming war is now but guys everyone's wrong. Must be the war players all need to get gud right? Lol.War definitely lacks damage without a doubt, dry gonna have to agree to disagree.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Shao.7236 said:Playing Berserker Ammy with Axe/Shield + GS. Able to land 5k Axe throws with 7k Arcing Slices pretty consistently, Eviscerate has pretty nasty damage too with sometimes 8k hits. All of this depends on armor type and what the other uses but obviously Warrior is not in lack of damage IMO.

Yeah talking about warrior BEING strong in the past doesn't mean it's ok to be weak now. But hey almost all warriors and even most non war players have noticed how underperforming war is now but guys everyone's wrong. Must be the war players all need to get gud right? Lol.War definitely lacks damage without a doubt, dry gonna have to agree to disagree.

If you say so, I don't think it lacks damage for the fact I'm still able to play it and see similar numbers as before. You're absolutely ignoring the reason why it was cancer to fight warrior in the past.

There was nothing fun about evade spam and it's entertaining to see the double standards going right now. There's some hope, some hope. I'd be a main of anything now and say that it's fine at the same skill level as before and it wouldn't matter.