Anyone else getting stuck in the ground (bug? )?

I dunno if I am doing something wrong or if it's a bug, but sometimes my character just becomes stuck. If I press forward nothing happens, no animation or anything it's like there is no button press at all. Anyone else have this problem? Is it a known bug or something?

It's honestly really getting in the way of my enjoyment of the game :(, it's especially bad on Thief after Cloak and Dagger as well as the dodge when I play the staff build.It happens like every 2-3 casts or something almost and it makes it totally unplayable with the staff especially since I need to dodge to attack, but even with Cloak and Dagger I become stuck it's like I am immobilized even tho I am not.

I am just wondering if maybe there's something I am doing wrong and am just not getting? I just got back into the game again and this is game breaking to me which is really sad because I do love the game, but I remember this being a problem before too and it's driving me crazy.

To be clear this isn't a problem with my keyboard, I know that for a fact. This only happens in GW2 and I've tried two different keyboards.

I am unaware of any widespread bug. There have been old glitches in the past which have blocked movements, but those are from many years ago and haven't really been since since. AT least not regularly.

Just to be clear, are you sure you aren't referring to the sudden game freezes/lag? Because that is a problem in PoF and some LS4 maps at the moment

@Randulf.7614 said:I am unaware of any widespread bug. There have been old glitches in the past which have blocked movements, but those are from many years ago and haven't really been since since. AT least not regularly.

Just to be clear, are you sure you aren't referring to the sudden game freezes/lag? Because that is a problem in PoF and some LS4 maps at the moment

Yeah I am sure it's not lag :/, my character continues to attack and it only happens during combat and especially after certain moves ( also more often with third hit on Thief I noticed ).Whenever I used Cloak and Dagger for example it's basically a gamble whether I'll be immobilized or not.

@Kolsyrad.2807 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:I am unaware of any widespread bug. There have been old glitches in the past which have blocked movements, but those are from many years ago and haven't really been since since. AT least not regularly.

Yeah I am sure it's not lag :/, my character continues to attack and it only happens during combat and especially after certain moves ( also more often with third hit on Thief I noticed ).Whenever I used Cloak and Dagger for example it's basically a gamble whether I'll be immobilized or not.It sounds more like you have a hardware problem that makes your keyboard/mouse fail when attempting chains of actions. Its a common problem that cheap keyboards and/or drivers can only handle a certain amount of keypresses at once.

Have you verified that you can't continue to move with mousemove (hold both buttons) when this happens?

(Especially beware of wireless input devices that can be affected by microwaves or battery quality/voltage problems.)

Just because it happens only with GW2 doesn't mean anything. Most games aren't action games, GW2 is, and it'll always push your keyboard and mouse harder than other games outside of something like League of Legends and other MOBAs.

There's various third-party utilities to fix DirectInput problems as well, use at your own risk.

You can also try dx12pxy or DXVK to make the game more fluid. Or Linux+Lutris instead of Windows as a last resort.

@Hannelore.8153 said:

Yeah I am sure it's not lag :/, my character continues to attack and it only happens during combat and especially after certain moves ( also more often with third hit on Thief I noticed ).Whenever I used Cloak and Dagger for example it's basically a gamble whether I'll be immobilized or not.It sounds more like you have a hardware problem that makes your keyboard/mouse fail when attempting chains of actions. Its a common problem that cheap keyboards and/or drivers can only handle a certain amount of keypresses at once.

Have you verified that you can't continue to move with mousemove (hold both buttons) when this happens?

(Especially beware of wireless input devices that can be affected by microwaves or battery quality/voltage problems.)

Just because it happens only with GW2 doesn't mean anything. Most games aren't action games, GW2 is, and it'll always push your keyboard and mouse harder than other games outside of something like League of Legends and other MOBAs.

There's various third-party utilities to fix DirectInput problems as well, use at your own risk.

You can also try dx12pxy or DXVK to make the game more fluid. Or Linux+Lutris instead of Windows as a last resort.

I have a Corsair k95 and a Razer Blackwidow mechanical keyboard, definitely not cheap. And my PC or connection not being powerful enough is definitely not the issue.And I've played a ton of action games before that involves constant animation cancelling and haven't had problems with them. GW2 isn't very intense in comparison with games I normally play.It also tends to happen a lot more frequently with certain Professions and abilities, usually the '' big abilities '' with longer animations I've noticed.

I can't move using the mouse either :(.

Edit: Often I have to dodge out of it, it's really like I've been immobilized by something and need to dodge to get out of it. That's basically how it feels when it happens.

@Friday.7864 said:Happens to me sometimes when I mount up.Character ends up halfway underground. If I was moving, 2 seconds later I get unstuck and end up where I would have been had I moved normally with mount.

This happens to me often if there are lots of people and not all assets are loaded. Sometimes I end up where I should be, sometimes just stuck in place and very seldom stuck in the ground.

Agreeing with Cuks.8241

I get it when the game is letting me play, but everything is not fully loaded in. On my older system it happens periodically. On my system with the SSD it happens rarely, but still occassionaly in very crowded/busy zones when I first port in.

I've had a few similar issues since I've been playing. The worst ones, from a you lose point of view, is when my character got mobbed in the Silverwastes. She was pounced on so hard she was pushed below ground level. Another time she was smashed to the wrong side of a rock wall. Funny thinking about it now, though I wasn't overly amused at the time.

@Ithlia.1830 said:I've had a few similar issues since I've been playing. The worst ones, from a you lose point of view, is when my character got mobbed in the Silverwastes. She was pounced on so hard she was pushed below ground level. Another time she was smashed to the wrong side of a rock wall. Funny thinking about it now, though I wasn't overly amused at the time.

Owh, I didn't know players could get smashed into the ground hahah.Seen it happen to mobs only. Like the giant bouty in Elon Riverlands or the Krait before the final boss in Aquatic fractal.