Big hitting skills need a cast clear animations.

anduriell.6280

Skills like Gunflame which can do easily 10K in a 1200 range on one shot need to have some kind of clear visual clue or the projectile to travel slower.

Why is DH's True Shot has a visual clue while Gunflame which can deal more damage in smaller CD does not. Also the gunflame projectile travels faster so it gives a much smaller evade window.

I'm not requesting to touch the damage or CD, but to make it easy to see, even fighting 1v1 is very difficult to see when that skill is cast depending on thee character (asuras being particularly subtle on that regard).

Same for all the skills which can deal a massive damage package and does not have any visual indication.

I agree, visual clutter reduction for sure, and Gun Flame was hitting me for 9k plus, not counting the burn damage, multiple times with no tell, and practically no cooldown the other evening (in WvW) - that's 45% of my HP gone to a single skill (Vault bursted me with two 14k hits the same session as well).

On one hand I see what you're saying and I generally agree but on the other hand complaining about anything tied to berserker offends my sensibilities.

Also True Shot objectively has more power damage.

True ShotDamage: 735 (1.91)?PiercesCombo Finisher: Physical ProjectileRange: 1,500

GunflameDamage: 650 (1.54)?Burning (10s): 1,310 DamageDaze: ¼ secondsNumber of Targets: 3Radius: 180Velocity Increase: 100%Combo Finisher: Physical ProjectileRange: 1,500

The only reason GF does more damage in practice is because the only way to justify berserker is to stack damage modifiers. The damage comes from the class not the skill.

As for the CD complaint gunflame has a 5 second CD untraited and a resource requirement vs True Shot's 8 second CD. I think that's perfectly fair. I think you're probably griping about Blood Reckoning which is a class mechanic not Gunflame being OP.

Can Gunflame be slowed down? Probably but every other complaint is just a well disguised Zerker OP thread and that's comedy.

Gun Flame is the F1-Mechanic of Berserker Rifle, and can only be used while being in Berserk mode. It is high risk high reward, as it can do massive damage but you are also extremely squishy. It´s just a meme build really, as gunflame is easy to dodge/avoid if u pay attention. Meanwhile True Shot is a normal weapon skill and you still have F1-F3 unlike Berserker. You can´t really compare a weapon skill to a class mechanic.

Literally just watch for when the berserker enters 'berserk mode' (very obvious animation) and 9/10 times their primal burst will follow suit. Otherwise just be careful when they're in berserk mode. Whether gunflame should be more obvious or not is irrelevant when there's already plenty of counterplay.

@"KrHome.1920" said:Interesting.

To me gun flame has a much bigger telegraph than true shot. I expect it when a rifle berserker enters berserk mode, while a dragon hunter can cover true shot much better.

On top of that, this might be a deadeye complaining. Aside from warrior rifle being trash alltogether, true shot is a terrible comparison of what is "fair" considering if they use trapper runes they literally can do it from stealth.

@"anduriell.6280" said:Skills like Gunflame which can do easily 10K in a 1200 range on one shot need to have some kind of clear visual clue or the projectile to travel slower.

Gunflame has one of the biggest telegraphs in the game. Warrior goes on fire while holding rifle + kneels = dodge now. I'm worried for this game where people don't consider gunflame telegraphed but want to justify things that you almost cannot react to with "just los".

@"TeqkOneStylez.8047" said:Aside from warrior rifle being trash alltogether, true shot is a terrible comparison of what is "fair" considering if they use trapper runes they literally can do it from stealth.

And it has an 8 second cd AND the windup from it looks almost identical to their auto even when they aren't stealthed

Trueshot has a tell? News to me. Lack of tells/animations is a theme of this game though. So while the OP picked a weird ability to use as an example, what he's saying is accurate. This is why this game didn't do well as an esport - no one knew what was going on.

I would love one of two things to happen:

• Standard enemy models for Asuras only

I love being able to see the other team's fashion wars. It adds a bit more personality to the people I'm mercilessly slaughtering, but Asuras are obnoxious to fight with their tiny models getting lost amidst the clutter.

• Move the damage numbers to the side of or above enemy player models.

Back onto asuras. If you crit an asura their entire model is hidden behind the damage splash. For that period of time, any animations that they are performing are completely obscured from view. For any attack where the animation itself is the tell and not the particle effect, you're effectively blind.

@Kuma.1503 said:I would love one of two things to happen:

• Standard enemy models for Asuras only

I love being able to see the other team's fashion wars. It adds a bit more personality to the people I'm mercilessly slaughtering, but Asuras are obnoxious to fight with their tiny models getting lost amidst the clutter.

Yeah...would be nice. Asura are the only reason I ever consider turning on standard models but it ruins my immersion. Asura is overpowered.