In regards to condi -- a random recommendation.

Levinus.6532

@Kodama.6453 said:

@"DeanBB.4268" said:Don't we already have a defensive stat vs. Conditions, known as Vitality?

so tell me... does vitality only affect your life versus condi? do you drop to 11k health when fighting power damage? no?oh... so you're telling me that the "defensive stat versus conditions" work against power as well? so why is Toughness only affecting power?

if you don't see the problem here, i'm sorry for you

That logic doesn't check out, dude.

Conditions can get cleansed, unlike power damage. So if you want these 2 damage types to be absolutely equal, then make all condi cleanses in the game also heal back up the power damage done in the last x seconds as well.

see. im not asking to balance power and condi. i only pointed that the argument that "vitality" counters that is ridiculous :Pcondis are fine besides some few builds that can insta apply 300 stacks of conditions on you and do it again after a cleanse

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"bOTEB.1573" said:I agree, ONLY if anet remove the condi cleanse mechanics.This is a direct counter to condi damage and it is super strong. Some builds clean conditions like there is no tomorrow.If there is an additional defensive condi modifier, the mitigation will be super broken. It will be so broken that it would be faster just to delete all conditions from the game.

defensive condi damage modifier + condi cleanse = baddefensive condi damage modifier OR condi cleanse = good

Also resistence boon exists.

Do you understand?

@"bOTEB.1573" said:I agree, ONLY if anet remove the condi cleanse mechanics.This is a direct counter to condi damage and it is super strong. Some builds clean conditions like there is no tomorrow.If there is an additional defensive condi modifier, the mitigation will be super broken. It will be so broken that it would be faster just to delete all conditions from the game.

defensive condi damage modifier + condi cleanse = baddefensive condi damage modifier OR condi cleanse = good

Also resistence boon exists.

Do you understand?

Means there isnt a problem with conditions cuz there is alredy counterplay

@Zawn.9647 said:

@"DeanBB.4268" said:Don't we already have a defensive stat vs. Conditions, known as Vitality?

so tell me... does vitality only affect your life versus condi? do you drop to 11k health when fighting power damage? no?oh... so you're telling me that the "defensive stat versus conditions" work against power as well? so why is Toughness only affecting power?

Conditions can get cleansed, unlike power damage. So if you want these 2 damage types to be absolutely equal, then make all condi cleanses in the game also heal back up the power damage done in the last x seconds as well.

does cleanse heal all the condi damage done in the last x seconds? i think i missed that :open_mouth:

Maybe u should try to use ur keyboard faster

@Zawn.9647 said:

does cleanse heal all the condi damage done in the last x seconds? i think i missed that :open_mouth:

No but it in a round about way of thinking it heals the damage you're going to take in the next Y. It's why people make this comparison all the time. Technically it makes sense to do so.

@AliamRationem.5172 said:

Fair is fair. If we require this degree of parity, then we must be granted the ability to remove power damage after it has already been applied, even if it would have been fatal.

Wtf parity of two different types of dmg , then why the fuck u want two different type of dmg?

@Laila Lightness.8742 said:Solution revert condis to the 2012 state set dmg and only gets a longer duration from condi dmg so pure zerker meta can rise again

Seems like > @Laila Lightness.8742 said:

Solution revert condis to the 2012 state set dmg and only gets a longer duration from condi dmg so pure zerker meta can rise again

Seems like u dont remember was on core days when condition builds were cheese af cuz there was barely cleanses and resi didnt exist

So, let's say you did do this.

Most Power builds won't use it because they'd be gimping their damage and still leaving themselves very squishy to other Power builds.

Condi bunkers might be able to find some room for it. Especially if they could somehow combine both Toughness and Condi-Toughness.

Doesn't that just sound worse than what we have now?

@ASP.8093 said:So, let's say you did do this.

Most Power builds won't use it because they'd be gimping their damage and still leaving themselves very squishy to other Power builds.

Condi bunkers might be able to find some room for it. Especially if they could somehow combine both Toughness and Condi-Toughness.

@ASP.8093 said:So, let's say you did do this.

The problem is pol doenst know how to play pvp , condi tanks r only decent at sidenoding , but there is better power tanks than condi tanks .

There should be only one sidenoder per team and all teamfighters now are power

@Zawn.9647 said:

The one with a problem here is you.

All counters affecting power without couning toughness affects condi dmg too while having plus cleanses(lot of them) and resistance

If u struggle agaisnt conditions is a l2p issue im sorry for you

I am learning from all of your posts, keep them coming! I just created this post cause i was just concerned on how condi-damage just ignores armor and we need to sacrifice under the balance of surviving the 2 types of damage...

*But i think i shouldn't have made this post into a rant, per se... nor a recommendation, maybe only a concern from a semi-novice player of some sort (i have been playing this game for 5 or 6 years now, and i had just began to take my pvp game seriously).**

Thank you for all of your responses!

P.S.2: my other P.S within the post doesn't concern the condi-damage "rant" at all LOL, I just want to be able to have the freedom to manipulate my stats with my gear, please dont be angry ;-;

@wevh.2903 said:

is this a new feature? press buttons faster = heal condition damage? missed that patch note! amazing

@wevh.2903 said:

All counters affecting power without couning toughness affects condi dmg too while having plus cleanses(lot of them) and resistance

i’ve never said i have a problem against condition. if you take a few seconds and read you can figure that out by yourself without me having to tell you againi’ve only said that the guy stating that “vitality already mitigates condi damage” is ridiculous since it’s a stat that works for everything and power has a dedicated stat for mitigating condi

he could’ve said that cleanses mitigate condis... for instance :) not vitality

@Zawn.9647 said:

is this a new feature? press buttons faster = heal condition damage? missed that patch note! amazing

If u get 7burned stacks and u need 4s to pulse ur cleanse maybe is ur own fault lose 10k hp my friend

@Zawn.9647 said:

i’ve never said i have a problem against condition. if you take a few seconds and read you can figure that out by yourself without me having to tell you againi’ve only said that the guy stating that “vitality already mitigates condi damage” is ridiculous since it’s a stat that works for everything and power has a dedicated stat for mitigating condi

Vitality doensnt mitigate raw dmg , without protection mender build r easy to burst down , that doenst happen with condition damage

condi problem in pvp and wvw is easy to understand: there is too much cleanse available and that makes the stat that will have to be the one most important in condi dmg philosophy(condi duration) to be irrelevant, and his created a condi bomb meta with condi dmg being the unique rrelevant stat and that causes 2 problems, condi builds can invest in other traits to become tankier and break the condi dot paradigm.

Condis can only be revalanced to proper dot damage if condi cleanse availavility is hard reduced

@megilandil.7506 said:condi problem in pvp and wvw is easy to understand: there is too much cleanse available and that makes the stat that will have to be the one most important in condi dmg philosophy(condi duration) to be irrelevant, and his created a condi bomb meta with condi dmg being the unique rrelevant stat and that causes 2 problems, condi builds can invest in other traits to become tankier and break the condi dot paradigm.

Condis can only be revalanced to proper dot damage if condi cleanse availavility is hard reduced

what condi duration stat? it was fucking removed from the game in feb patch.

@Levinus.6532 said:

I noticed that there are a LOT of complaints towards conditions, the number of them being used in the game, and most of all, its damage. The same CAN be said to boons, but that's a story for another day....

For now, let us talk about conditions, shall we?

We need a defensive Condition Damage modifier.No thanks, toughness was basically removed in SPvP because defensive stats are impossible to balance in this game(and needs to be basically removed from WvW gear as well). Adding more defensive stats to this game is the OPPOSITE of what this game needs..

@wevh.2903 said:

Vitality doensnt mitigate raw dmg , without protection mender build r easy to burst down , that doenst happen with condition damage

lol ok

@"megilandil.7506" said:condi problem in pvp and wvw is easy to understand: there is too much cleanse available and that makes the stat that will have to be the one most important in condi dmg philosophy(condi duration) to be irrelevant, and his created a condi bomb meta with condi dmg being the unique rrelevant stat and that causes 2 problems, condi builds can invest in other traits to become tankier and break the condi dot paradigm.

Anet shaved condition duration almost entirely from PvP back in February to reduce the overall DPS of condition builds. https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/98220/game-update-notes-february-25-2020

Problem is condition durations. Bleed and poison should have longer durations, but torment and confusion should be shorter. Burn damage needs to have the shortest duration in all cases. 3s of torment or confusion is fair. Burn needs to be 1s base duration for all skills imo. Bleed and poison are good around the 6s mark

@FrownyClown.8402 said:Problem is condition durations. Bleed and poison should have longer durations, but torment and confusion should be shorter. Burn damage needs to have the shortest duration in all cases. 3s of torment or confusion is fair. Burn needs to be 1s base duration for all skills imo. Bleed and poison are good around the 6s mark

I think power should be capped at 500 damage. I mean, getting hit for 9k crits hurts and I really think it would be better if we just capped it so that nobody can kill anybody anymore. 1s burning cap is a good call, too.

@AliamRationem.5172 said:

@FrownyClown.8402 said:Problem is condition durations. Bleed and poison should have longer durations, but torment and confusion should be shorter. Burn damage needs to have the shortest duration in all cases. 3s of torment or confusion is fair. Burn needs to be 1s base duration for all skills imo. Bleed and poison are good around the 6s mark

I think power should be capped at 500 damage. I mean, getting hit for 9k crits hurts and I really think it would be better if we just capped it so that nobody can kill anybody anymore. 1s burning cap is a good call, too.

I didn't suggest capping it at 1s. Feel free to flame me for my opinion.