Lost 15 AP from Halloween patch

@"Eayln von Bator.5769" said:Another resetted Achievment: The collection for "Might of the Vindicitive", which is in the 4th room of Rune-locked Doors. Even the unlocked Skin is gone, but the parts to collect disappeared as well, so you can not redo the achievment.

It's another lost 3 AP

For me it's not lost. It shows completed under the Rare Collections Category. Also checked if I have the hammer skin and it's also still there.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Pandora.5084 said:

@"Eayln von Bator.5769" said:Another resetted Achievment: The collection for "Might of the Vindicitive", which is in the 4th room of Rune-locked Doors. Even the unlocked Skin is gone, but the parts to collect disappeared as well, so you can not redo the achievment.

It's another lost 3 AP

For me it's not lost. It shows completed under the Rare Collections Category. Also checked if I have the hammer skin and it's also still there.

Yep same for me, no issues with this achievement here

@Susy.7529 said:Well actually we gained ap, they lowered Seeker of Truth and Knowledge from 15 to 7 ap but they also added 2 new PoF achi in Vabbi for a total of 5 and 10 ap. So we lost 8 ap but gained 15 for a total of 7 ap of true gain.The right thing to complain is that instead of lowering the already-done achi, they resetted it forcing people to do it again.

That logic is silly. They are completly new achievements which require you to spend additional effort on something else. Plus the said 30min to reearn the reset achievement.

@Coulter.2315 said:

@Malediktus.9250 said:OK. Mystery solved. "Seeker of Truth and Knowledge" was reset for everyone and also reduced from 15 to 7 AP. This is simpy unacceptable. The expansion was very stingy on new AP already and then you do this to us.

If you're an achievement hunter you didn't lose an advantage, everyone else lost the AP too.Perhaps not lost advantage over other players, but progress to the magic 39k you need for the back pieces.

It's another lost 3 APIt was not reset for me.

@Malediktus.9250 said:

@Susy.7529 said:Well actually we gained ap, they lowered Seeker of Truth and Knowledge from 15 to 7 ap but they also added 2 new PoF achi in Vabbi for a total of 5 and 10 ap. So we lost 8 ap but gained 15 for a total of 7 ap of true gain.The right thing to complain is that instead of lowering the already-done achi, they resetted it forcing people to do it again.

That logic is silly. They are completly new achievements which require you to spend additional effort on something else. Plus the said 30min to reearn the reset achievement.

No, it's nor silly, they could as well not release those 2 achi at all or release them with PoF initial launch. Adding them now means that they gave us a refund for the ap lost.

I certainly hope it wasn't deliberate, because that would be a ridiculous thing for Anet to do. In 4 years of playing this game I can't remember any cases where they deliberately took away AP from the total we had already earned. If they did it would be bad because:

1) It leads to awkward things like how the player in the other thread on this issue (https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/10672/15-achievements-points-are-missing-with-halloween-patch) had just received the chest from 15000 AP and is now back below that threshold.

2) MOST IMPORTANTLY, it sets a bad precedent for the future, as it would mean that no AP we earn is safe. We can just log in on a given day to find that our total points have decreased because they lowered the amount of points an achievement we already earned was worth.

All that said, I hope we can see this get fixed soon.

@Malediktus.9250 said:

@Malediktus.9250 said:

@Malediktus.9250 said:Why would it be a bug after finding out they lowered the AP of the achievement? I believed that it was a bug, too, until I saw they also changed the AP of it. Too much of a coincidence to not be intended.

It could be a variety of bugs that caused both symptoms. It's not any sort of coincidence without knowing the root cause.67I think ANet should address this and I hope they make a public comment about whether it's a bug and (ideally) whether it's something they can fix quickly or not.

I'm not going to assume that this is worth getting outraged about, especially since there are so many things in RL (and perhaps even in game) that we know are, without doubt, big deals. It's your blood pressure if you want to worry about it immediately.The only possibility is that it was pushed to live servers by mistake. The 0 and 1s in the achievement tier database do not change on their own.

There are tons of possibilities. There's zero chance a change can be pushed to servers by mistake unless that change was somehow in the code that was pushed, so it's a minimum more complicated. Sure there are 0s and 1s, but there are all sorts of ways that stuff gets changed. But we don't know. We have no facts upon which to base an opinion, just speculation. Why not wait til we learn more and save your outrage for something else?

Ok so the achievement has 15 tiers which used to give 1 AP each, now it is 0,0,1,0,0,0,0,1,1,1,0,0,1,1,1 which equals 7 in total. The chance that a bug caused half of the tiers to change to 0 by a bug is almost zero. If it were just reset and nothing else changed I would have agreed with you.

You've missed the point: we don't know what happened. You're treating a reasonable explanation as if it's the only possible reason for this.

Here's another way that's just as likely based on how little we know:

• The achievement was originally designed to give 7 AP and implemented in pre-launch Build A.
  • Build B introduced a bug associated with awarding the achievement, that caused some people not to get credit.
  • Build C added AP to make it what some would consider a more-reasonable 15.
  • QA figured out the bug in 'B' and realized that the code in 'A' would solve the problem, without having to start from scratch.
  • In Build D, 'C' was merged with 'A', which set up a potential problem if anyone touched that the code for that achievement again.
  • In Build E, someone touched the code for that achievement again, resetting progress and reducing the AP to build 'A' levels.

No malice, no intent to nerf AP. Just a typical merge error after a series of unfortunate simplifications are made.

@Zaraki.5784 said:

@Malediktus.9250 said:

No, it's nor silly, they could as well not release those 2 achi at all or release them with PoF initial launch. Adding them now means that they gave us a refund for the ap lost.

Giving you something else is not a refund. O.o

PoF Act 2 itself is buggy in many regards with awarding AP. Many people might not be aware but the Act 2 Mastery can bug out and not award the 15 AP it is meant to give ( the achievement lights up but your AP total wont be credited the 15 AP). I had made a thread about this and also have filed a bug report and opened a support ticket but nothing so far from any front. I also asked some other people I know that like to AP hunt and some of them also noted this lack of AP award as well.

TL;DR Act 2 is a buggy mess for AP hunters period check your total with regards to if you have been awarded for other cheevos in that category.

PROOF:

1. AP total (33213) before: https://i.imgur.com/egHZ1x6.png
  2. AP total (33233) after Hidden and Dishonored (1 AP), Leave None Alive (2 AP), Act 1 Mastery (15 AP), Dynastic End (2 AP) and Act 2 Mastery (15 AP): https://i.imgur.com/nsAxZJK.png

The night before last I worked really hard finishing up achievements for POF. I got to 14,999 but was to tired to finish one last point. I logged in today and got the Halloween patch and noticed my points are down to 14,984. So I ended up having to wait to get my chest :(

@Djinn.9245 said:

@Zaraki.5784 said:

@Malediktus.9250 said:

It's not something else, it's stilo ap, source doesn't matter.

@Zaraki.5784 said:

@Djinn.9245 said:

@Zaraki.5784 said:

@Malediktus.9250 said:

It's not something else, it's stilo ap, source doesn't matter.

What am I reading?If as a worker I get my salary one day, the next day someone steal it from me and after a month I get ANOTHER salary, in the end I don't have the first salary AND the second one.

As I thought anyway this was totally not intended, we'll just wait for the fix.

The problem has been solved.Talk to Priestess Adhara at the Temple of Kormir (Crystal Oasis map) to get your achievement back. Thanks!

Update 2 - October 19th, 2017Bug Fixes

Fixed a bug that prevented some Path of Fire reward skins from showing up in the wardrobe.Fixed a bug in which Zunja's Necklace could not be equipped by some players.Players who have lost achievement progress for the story instance "Chapter 7: Facing the Truth" can now speak with Priestess Adhara at the Temple of Kormir to regain their lost progress.Fixed a bug that prevented the Lunatic's Fashion achievement from progressing in the Heart of the Mists. Players who missed progress in this achievement can re-enter the Heart of the Mists to have it automatically repaired.Black Lion Trading Post: Fixed a minor art issue with the effects on the Spooky Mounts.

Guild Wars 2 Wiki Notes

Build: 83,379

This is getting frustrating. Where is Priestess Adhara? I can only see Priestess Hadya, Priestess Akeelah, Priestess Sirin at the Temple of Kormir and they fix nothing about this bug. I've spent 15 minutes trying to find this person. Why do we have to jump through stupid hoops to get this bug resolved?

Archived