Anet can you add characters sorting ? <3 <3 <3

france.3941

I've been wanting to weigh-in on this. It would be amazing to be able to customize the order of characters in character select. For me, I have to try to keep my characters in a specific order so I know which is which. When I log in to a character I have to log on to each preceding character to maintain the order.

The reason I need specific ordering is because I'm blind and it just makes it easier to have a static order for me to memorize. I have 21 characters and would like more, but it's too much of a hassle to try to keep the ordering static.

If I can customize the order of my characters that would be a massive QoL update for me. I wouldn't have to log onto every character after playing my last one in line. I would be able to just log onto anyone at any time.
I realize my use case is almost singular, but I really really hope for this to happen someday.

I wish we could have a grid showing as many characters as possible, maybe simply headshot and name, with the selected character appearing fully on the screen with basic data, like now. I have 47 characters so far, so don't know how practical it is, but I have to scroll 6 times right now to get through the list. Even if I still have to scroll but maybe twice it'd be a big improvement.

Add options to that such as, sort by name, profession, etc. Option to arrange and have them stick until rearranged.

And definitely have them stick in place. Now I can pop in an out of characters and it only mostly keeps the order in which I load them.

Some sort options would be nice. Keep the current method (sorted by when you last played them) as one option and add a few more, maybe things like:

• Alphabetical by name
  • By creation date (oldest first or newest first...or both)
  • Grouped by profession
  • Grouped by race

My ideal would be to let you put them into a custom order and then keep them that way, because I don't think there's any other way to get them in the order that makes sense to me, but I suspect enabling that would require a lot more work than adding a few pre-defined options.

i'd wish to have the option to have all my characters listed as a text / list on the left or right side of the screen to make it easier to select if you have more than 8 or 10 characters something like:

ーCharactersー・Name01 Lv 80 Mesmer・Name02 Lv 80 Thief・Name03 Lv 80 Revenant・Name04 Lv 01 Necromancer

(instead of a scrolling thumbnail row at the bottom)

and of course the ability to sort manually or automatic (name, last played, profession, race)

i wouldn't see race as an important sorting criteria but several others come to my mind, reasons in parenthesis

• last logged in (current, is useful to continue progress)
  • hours played (main > alts)
  • age (fully static sorting that never changes even if new characters are created)
  • level (maybe helpful, maybe not)
  • crafting level, higher profession first, 500/0 beats 499/499 (for crafting ascended, legendary, daily crafts ...)
  • custom order (reason obvious)
  • waypoint completion, first wp on each map is weighted significantly higher (for group play to see which character can most likely help a friend)
  • maybe even AR (reason obvious)

custom ordering could even be monetized using a template system ...

Yes. I would love to be able to sort by Race, Profession, crafting, and Current Location. I have close to thirty alts. I forget which characters have completed which maps / story chapters. It would be great to not have to click thru them to figure out which ones can talk to Bangar. Just using that as a recent example. I like to park my Sylvari together in HoT. I like to park my human dessert dwellers in PoF. Etc.

@MokahTGS.7850 said:Me thinks you all have an alt problem. :)

Not really and I can chip in on this request.I have different type of alts and being able to group them the way I want would be very much welcome. One example are my 4 crafting alts. I use them only for crafting and they are named to represent the things they craft. I would be very convinient to have them together at all time so I can easily find them. My other alts also have simular unique functions.

@Mortifera.6138 said:It's already sorted by who you logged into last.

NONONONONO!!!

I think shorting system where you catch a picture of your character and you can move it from the first place to the second .. and it will remain so set forever ..

What you write is complete nonsense when you have 50 characters and you want to find your character where you have, for example, something storedIf a sorting system was added to the game, then you just have to remember that the character is on the third side . . definitely better than looking for where the character is again