Mystic Coin Inflation

korian.8615

@lare.5129 said:

@Astralporing.1957 said:But you completely ignored those MCs in your original calculation. And if you do it each day, they add up to a lot of MCs.I don't ignore them, I sell them, and get gold for new legs ! Also add 6 m-coins each week from wvw!...you've just said a few posts ago that you haven't used any MCs for most of your legendaries. That is not entirely collect - you might not have used any MCs directly, but you used clovers you bought for MCs. You just chose to skip that part over.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Astralporing.1957 said:But you completely ignored those MCs in your original calculation. And if you do it each day, they add up to a lot of MCs.I don't ignore them, I sell them, and get gold for new legs ! Also add 6 m-coins each week from wvw!...you've just said a few posts ago that you haven't used any MCs for most of your legendaries. That is not entirely collect - you might not have used any MCs directly, but you used clovers you bought for MCs. You just chose to skip that part over.

Hate to break it to you but have you ever fished from a slow moving boat?

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Hate to break it to you but have you ever fished from a slow moving boat?...i don't see any relation between fishing, slow moving boats and someone that misrepresents the situation.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

Hate to break it to you but have you ever fished from a slow moving boat?...i don't see any relation between fishing, slow moving boats and someone that misrepresents the situation.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trolling_(fishing)

@Astralporing.1957 said:you might not have used any MCs directly, but you used clovers you bought for MCs. You just chose to skip that part over.yes, I see giant difference between sync in uncountable amount in mystic forge, and buy limited 2 per day whit grantee. And during this the m-coint count is increased for me, and I it sell anyway time to time.

And probably all clover that I buy is not used yet .. have a lot of clover +in bank .. so buy coins and forge it in mf - obsession nowadays

There isn't anything out of control about MC prices, nor is 2G "not feasible". The idea that Anet can stop the inflation is what doesn't make sense.

@choon.6308 said:Well, it seems like earliest players were the luckiest. Getting everything for ridiculously cheap prices to max out and buy everything. 400 gems used to cost like 8 gold rofl

Nothing lucky about it. You just misunderstand of the RELATIVE difference of the value of gold then and now.

@lare.5129 said:

@Astralporing.1957 said:you might not have used any MCs directly, but you used clovers you bought for MCs. You just chose to skip that part over.yes, I see giant difference between sync in uncountable amount in mystic forge, and buy limited 2 per day whit grantee.Doesn't matter. You said that you used MCs only on 5 (one weapon, 4 trinkets) out of your 30+ legendaries. Only when i pressed you about clovers, you admitted that
it wasn't really true
, because you did use MCs, just not directly.

In reality, while in theory it may be true that over a half of legendaries does not require MCs, it is also true that in practice you'll almost certainly use at least some on them.That's because people that can afford a legendary are extremely unlikely to be willing to wait for a year to produce one.

You with 30+ legendaries should know that the best, so please, do not pretend MCs are not an issue.

By the way, i have to wonder - you have over 30 legendaries, but you seem to have pretty much avoided all the ones requiring MCs. Isn't it partly due to the MC requirement?

@"Obtena.7952" said:There isn't anything out of control about MC prices, nor is 2G "not feasible". The idea that Anet can stop the inflation is what doesn't make sense.They did manage to do that for most of the stuff on the market, though. For an MMORPG with this age, the overall economy is extremely stable. While individual prices go up and down, there's next to no actual inflation (if we exclude an initial year or two when they were still making a lot of changes that massively impacted player income). MCs are one of the very few exceptions to that.

@Astralporing.1957 said:You said that you used MCs only on 5 (one weapon, 4 trinkets) out of your 30+ legendaries.yes, for that items 250 MCs should be forged fro gift

Only when i pressed you about clovers, you admitted that it wasn't really true, because you did use MCs, just not directly.yes, and this most all clover still exist on my bank, and still NOT used. Or may be more clover exist. I never buy clover if get 0 mc from cms drop. Only positive balance accepted.

In reality, while in theory it may be true that over a half of legendaries does not require MCsin practice for ME mostly all no require MCs. I have only one weapon from t2 tier.

That's because people that can afford a legendary are extremely unlikely to be willing to wait for a year to produce one.why extremely unlikely?? This is ok. I craft less than one item per year, if we calculate items thet have 250 mc in gift. As as say armor items req only 15 clover - it funny sum. I per one day today get 6 clovers, 2 per fractal, 4 from track. And MC balance is today +1 (3 get from cms) // in this route - 3 days - clover for one lege item ?

By the way, i have to wonder - you have over 30 legendaries, but you seem to have pretty much avoided all the ones requiring MCs. Isn't it partly due to the MC requirement?It is ONLY due to the MC requirement fro me. And I don't think that this is problem. More cooler players can farm, or buy gems>gold>MC, and etc. if they want do it very much and very fast.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@"Obtena.7952" said:There isn't anything out of control about MC prices, nor is 2G "not feasible". The idea that Anet can stop the inflation is what doesn't make sense.They did manage to do that for most of the stuff on the market, though. For an MMORPG with this age, the overall economy is extremely stable. While individual prices go up and down, there's next to no actual inflation (if we exclude an initial year or two when they were still making a lot of changes that massively impacted player income). MCs are one of the very few exceptions to that.

Whether Anet 'did something' for inflation isn't relevant though because the price of MC's on the TP isn't JUST a function of inflation. It's not a problem that people don't want to pay market value for MCs on the TP. It's not out of control and 2G being 'not feasible' is subjective. The price varies based on exactly the same things it's been based on for the last 8 years ... so no, it's not something Anet needs to deal with just because a few people don't want to pay those prices.

Considering early on other materials were way more expensive than they are now and MC are cheap while now its the other way around. Im wondering whether the overall price has changed or not. For legendaries at least. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a bit cheaper these days.

Ofcourse it could be more boring (or more practical dependingon how you see it) to only grind for one material. Especially since other things are cheaper as people gathered those over time anyway.

Whether that needs to change is upto Arenanet.

but in what side better change it ? increase price? or make less?Let see pre price MC from gift price vision:2g for mc ? so gift t2 value is + 500 gold .. not big value .. 1000 gold - not bad. 250MS - 2000+ if more - that to much.So for me normal price can be from1.8 to 2000/250. This is 8 gold for each MC. If wil be more - it will be very cool. And in nearest time Ism sure more than 8g not up. So we can no worry in this market price have valid limit to grow up.

@lare.5129 said:but in what side better change it ? increase price? or make less?

Yeah that's pretty much the point that kills this conversation every time ... there ISN'T a correct price, so there isn't a valid reason for Anet to change something to affect it based on the argument of 'price'. People not liking the price isn't a reason for Anet to change it. If Anet were to step in and change something because of the price on the TP, they would be indirectly saying the TP doesn't work ... which is nonsense because it's worked for 8 years.

For people selling ... it is better to have a higher price. And for people that buy them big amounts ... they probably are going for legendaries and are used to farming. Not a big deal to have an increasing price here.

Besides: The higher the price ... the more likely people will make a 2nd paid account to get them from dailies + doing the anomaly more and more. It just needs to reach a point where people say "instead of doing other stuff I'd be willing to to spend my time to make mor coins to sell them ... of for using them myself".

• upcoming expansion might introduce a new way - maybe they'll hear the people complaining about high price here and will do another daily event to do for anothe rcoin ... in Cantha. (+ a lot of other ways to spend coints :P so price can increase again ;) )

@Obtena.7952 said:

@lare.5129 said:but in what side better change it ? increase price? or make less?

Yeah that's pretty much the point that kills this conversation every time ... there ISN'T a correct price, so there isn't a valid reason for Anet to change something to affect it based on the argument of 'price'. People not liking the price isn't a reason for Anet to change it. If Anet were to step in and change something because of the price on the TP, they would be indirectly saying the TP doesn't work ... which is nonsense because it's worked for 8 years.They actually do that
all the time
. In fact, they have already done this more than once specifically for MCs. Why do you think additional sources of MCs were introduced? Because i can tell you that it definitely wasn't for narrative or gameplay reasons. They even mentioned a few times they made sure the supply for MCs was higher than their consumption rate (they just seemed to underestimate the desire of players to hoard valuable commodity that MCs have become, that unsettled that whole calculation).

Sure, you can say that they didn't do that because of the price, but because they thought the supply was insifficient, but those two things are inseparably linked together.

The fact remains, that they are definitely not above making some direct interventions to the economy. They don't seem to limit themselves only to minor ones either - some of those in the past had a really major impact on the market.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Astralporing.1957 said:The fact remains, that they are definitely not above making some direct interventions to the economy.

This is true ... that's a power they can exercise if they want ... for GOOD reasons.That's not what you were saying earlier - you said that

If Anet were to step in and change something because of the price on the TP, they would be indirectly saying the TP doesn't work ... which is nonsense because it's worked for 8 years.Which is not true - for the last 8 years Anet kept manipulating the economy pretty much constantly.

I have no doubt that 'people not liking the price of MC's' is not a good reason.And you might have had a point, if it was the only reason.

The truth is, they have made interventions in the past for other materials in similar situations. MCs are no exception - in fact, there were already several interventions Anet made to them since their price started increasing as well. If one more happened, it would still be quite consistent with Anet's past behaviour.

The other factor in play here is that there are good odds people are now currently stock piling in case it's needed for the expansion. We have seen trends like that in the past. If that is the case it is possible that ANet would review how many are being used versus how many are stacking in banks and storage and not address since the market will be again adjusted once its know if MCs have more use versus less. You also need to factor is the MCs being used for clover conversion, and they may not adjust for that since that's a sink on convenience since people are not acquiring the clovers before starting their projects and are trying to rush that step using the coins. If that is the case the price increases are valid and will get to the current true price of the item. The question is for the people holding theirs, what is their sell price?

@kharmin.7683 said:

@TheGrimm.5624 said:The question is for the people holding theirs, what is their sell price?For me, it's not a price point. It's usually once I have collected a stack, then I'll sell 'em unless the trends have been really skewed around the time I'm ready to offload.

If I might ask, is that a stack after storage is full or a stack in storage?