Mystic Coin Inflation

korian.8615

@lare.5129 said:

@Nightcore.5621 said:The price maby higheryes. it is easy see by number value. It is ok for me? yes. I sell mc time to time.

but u also get faster gold nowgreetings from wvw. I don't see where I am faster get gold. May be someone get it, me not.

if we want FAIR and don't worry about price - one way only - acc bound

Wvw is also the only gamemode that reward you nothing :/

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Nightcore.5621" said:Wvw is also the only gamemode that reward you nothing :/reward is fun, chill gameplay as I can, possibility use any class and biuld in pug blob . So it ok for me. But I don;t see "get faster gold now " there as in more other places.I am don't say that this is bad, - I say that I don't have "get faster gold now "

@knite.1542 said:

@"Nightcore.5621" said:Buy 20 gw2 accounts when they on 50%sale. Now u have 100s of mystic coins for free evey 30 Day doin nothing. Thats 440 evey 30 Day just to login in

I don't understand some people's concept of free.It comes from the constant exposure to the marketing strategies of the "buy x of y, get one free" style.

@knite.1542 said:

@Nightcore.5621 said:Buy 20 gw2 accounts when they on 50%sale. Now u have 100s of mystic coins for free evey 30 Day doin nothing. Thats 440 evey 30 Day just to login in

I don't understand some people's concept of free.

It's a pay for itself and you keep getting stuff for almost no effort afterwards kinda concept.Close enough to free after the initial investment (in gold value) pays off. Beats having to spend most of your gold on mystic coins all the time for some people. Not for everyone.

Newer players who almost certainly wont make leggies will have a better income to help them at the start. Which is good.Older players/players who commit to making a leggy, have learnt how to make gold efficiently wont have much of an issue, 2 -3 more hours of farming will cover up the difference of mcs being more expensive now. We all know mcs are mainly used for leggies these days, so a very expensive item is just a weeeeeee bit more expensive. No biggie.

@Ashen.2907 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:And 6 per week from WvW.

Lol. To address this very specific point, to get the 6 from wvw you need to finish diamond tier skirmish chest. Obviously there are people that are going to do that anyway, but I feel like your post is implying that farming for these 6 mystic coins that will take hours and hours to get (depending on a lot of factors obviously) is good gold. It definitely is not.

If the goal is gold then don't worry about the cost, value, difficulty in acquiring, etc of Mystic Coins.

Exactly.

50 coins per month isn’t bad either... but...

@lare.5129 said:

@"Ashen.2907" said:Do you mean that people's existing stock would become account bound or that any earned started in '21 would be account bound?I don't see any reason make it account bound. But one of way "make price fair" - make it.Also I don't see reason made it ASAP. Ofc can be some announce, and do conversion after some time, 2 week, 4 weeks, or 10 weeks is the same mostly if target is same.

But the price is already fair.

@knite.1542 said:

@Nightcore.5621 said:Buy 20 gw2 accounts when they on 50%sale. Now u have 100s of mystic coins for free evey 30 Day doin nothing. Thats 440 evey 30 Day just to login in

It's not free but over time would be way cheaper then buying gems with that same rl money and converting. Some of the richest players probably starting their fortune buying a ton accounts when they were $10 bucks each. There was one on reddit who bragged about 36 and the 2 autologin apps or w/e he used to bank MC. I bet someone has more then 36 too. It's like buying character slots on sale is a better investment instead of boosters because birthday gifts overtime are cheaper to acquire then boosters

It's just a matter of patience or not ;)

Just do reward tracks (PvP or WvW) and get your mytic clover for free, get over 20 MC's per 28 days for free as well.If you have patience you never need to buy a single MC, you may even sell some.

If you are impatient then you have to give your money to others, that are patient. I find this fair ;)

And of cource the price reflects the ratio of patient to impatient, looks like we got more impatient and the price rises.

And of course some inflation just results from the increased rewards over time, getting 100 gold today is much faster than getting it on day 1

Like a new account right now is on sale 16 bucs. That's like 2000 gems which convert to 500g maybe. After one year 240 MC plus what 480 laurels which you can trade for t6 bags so 1500 t6 mats at 20s ea and you looking at 780 g just logging in so instead buy $20 worth of gems to convert buying a new acc is better even after only 1 year doing nothing but logging in.

@knite.1542 said:

Same, firstly there is the cost of 20 accounts, then you have to factor in the time it would take to log in 20 accounts each day. I am happy with my one account.

@Ashen.2907 said:But the price is already fair.for me too. But we see topic like this, and not all think about this same.

@ArchonWing.9480 said:Honestly though, if one is worried about a few hundred gold, why are they making a legendary to begin with? It's never a good idea to spend what you can't get.Honestly though most leg item not requre m-coins. As owner of 40+ leg items I know this.

@lare.5129 said:Honestly though most leg item not requre m-coins. As owner of 40+ leg items I know this.In theory, sure, seeing as only second gen weapons and trinkets require MCs (which is less than a half of them, although is still quite a significant part). Of course, that's only if you can supply all the mystic clover requirements (that most of the remaining legendaries have) by other means.As the owner of 40+ legendaries, i am sure you have used MCs for clovers for at least some of them, possibly even for most.

@Astralporing.1957 said:In theory, sure, seeing as only second gen weapons and trinkets require MCs (which is less than a half of them, although is still quite a significant part).I check it on practice. MC was used only for trinkets, and 1 weapon from T2. Armor sets, all 3 back, and T1 weapons dont eat MC.so 4 trinkets and one t2 wepon rast 1250 coins. Per 7 year earned a lot off m-coins+ from dayli login, mf daili, cms+t4 most each day) and sell them on market time to time then price start be more than 1g.I see only one real sync for m-coins, if person craft ALL t2 weapons. Yes, in this way m-coins will be not enough.In other way, to craft pvp/wvw leg set, backs, and t1 I don't see any issue with coins, no matter that the price 1 gold or 50 gold.

@lare.5129 said:

@Astralporing.1957 said:In theory, sure, seeing as only second gen weapons and trinkets require MCs (which is less than a half of them, although is still quite a significant part).I check it on practice. MC was used only for trinkets, and 1 weapon from T2. Armor sets, all 3 back, and T1 weapons dont eat MC.so 4 trinkets and one t2 wepon rast 1250 coins. Per 7 year earned a lot off m-coins+ from dayli login, mf daili, cms+t4 most each day) and sell them on market time to time then price start be more than 1g.I see only one real sync for m-coins, if person craft ALL t2 weapons. Yes, in this way m-coins will be not enough.In other way, to craft pvp/wvw leg set, backs, and t1 I don't see any issue with coins, no matter that the price 1 gold or 50 gold.How did you get enough
clovers
for them? 40+ legendaries would require a ton (correct me, but i don;t think there are any that do not need clovers), and they aren't really all that easy to obtain either, if you
don't
use the MC to clover conversion.

@Astralporing.1957 said:How did you get enough clovers for them? 40+ legendaries would require a ton (correct me, but i don;t think there are any that do not need clovers)not ton, enough only half tonarmor part eat only 15 clover so for all 6 items on one set you need only a little bit more than for 1 weapon.

and they aren't really all that easy to obtain either, if you don't use the MC to clover conversion.spvpv, wvw, plus each day after some update I buy 2 m-clover from fractal vendor. So some conversion exist, but I don't buy m-coin, enought that I get from dayli login and cms. And how I see I have plus balance of m-coins.

@choon.6308 said:Well, it seems like earliest players were the luckiest. Getting everything for ridiculously cheap prices to max out and buy everything. 400 gems used to cost like 8 gold rofl

@choon.6308 said:Well, it seems like earliest players were the luckiest. Getting everything for ridiculously cheap prices to max out and buy everything. 400 gems used to cost like 8 gold rofl

but at the same time 8gold was quite a bit

@lare.5129 said:

plus each day after some update I buy 2 m-clover from fractal vendor.

Which requires mystic coins...yes, it is. And how I see I have positive m-coins balance, and never buy it. For me enough it from dayli and fractal cmsBut you completely ignored those MCs in your original calculation. And if you do it each day, they add up to a lot of MCs.