Stylish Shoes Skin

Vision.7265

Happy Wintersday, designers!

Thank you for making the Stylish Shoes Skin. 4 dye channels: outer rim, bottom, jewel, and jewel accent.

I wanted to cite other posts wanting party heel shoe skins (not wrestling boots), but I didn't think it was necessary.

I bought for myself, and my gifted my friends today.

For those of us who were waiting, this was a LONG time coming. If you went through the entire wardrobe in this game, you probably realized it is very wrestling-boot heavy. Definitions vary but for me a boot is anything that comes up above the ankle (boots with heels do not count). These were the first good-looking pair of actual heels (shoes that came up below the ankle and had a pointed heel). I've been using Aurora shoes for the majority of my female human toons, but they were short heels that maybe your grandma wore or that girls wore to school in a uniform. This game is a fantasy where we have all the ridiculous (but well-designed) skins we have now, but we didn't have party heels like this one that came out today.

Thank you to all of you who work tirelessly in our current environment and give us a break from the daily hardships we face with your artistry and design.

Let's make 2021 a good one.

Oh, wow, these look fantastic! Finally we get some decent high heels for the ladies. (I originally thought the men's version didn't look as nice...then realized - it's a pair of casual shoes that can be worn with heavy armor classes. I revise my opinion: they're awesome.) Now I'm curious what they look like on asura and charr...

Thank you, ArenaNet! :D

@"Batel.9206" said:Oh, wow, these look fantastic! Finally we get some decent high heels for the ladies. (I originally thought the men's version didn't look as nice...then realized - it's a pair of casual shoes that can be worn with heavy armor classes. I revise my opinion: they're awesome.) Now I'm curious what they look like on asura and charr...

Someone said in (EU) chat that he had tried them on an Asura, and I got the definite impression that "what has been seen cannot be unseen", as they say.

EDIT: it's not quite as bad as that implies:https://i.imgur.com/nbOGmtz.jpg![](https://i.imgur.com/nbOGmtz.jpg "")

A complete shame that at the same time they simply HAD to insist on gender locking the skins, again. ANet super lives in the past when it comes to this stuff. Sorry, ladies, you're not allowed to wear nice shoes like the boys, it's heels or nothing (and vice versa!). They really couldn't be bothered to just release both of them as universal separate skins? C'mon gang.

@XYLO.7031 said:Someone please> @Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@"Witch of Doom.5739" said:Have you seen them on Charr? I have no words. No, wait, I do: clown shoes.

I'm inclined to say "clown feet" rather than "clown shoes", but yeah.

XD They ARE clown shoes on Charr. Screenshot will not do it justice. See it for your self. XD

...I didn't think it could possibly be that bad, but...uh...actually, yes, it is. (Sorry for the low-quality image.)

xC3DxnG.png

@"Witch of Doom.5739" said:Have you seen them on Charr? I have no words. No, wait, I do: clown shoes.

XD They ARE clown shoes on Charr. Screenshot will not do it justice. See it for your self. XD

I did see for myself, before I wrote the comment.

@Batel.9206 said:

...I didn't think it could possibly be that bad, but...uh...actually, yes, it is. (Sorry for the low-quality image.)

xC3DxnG.png

Dem Charrs got big feets. =)

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@"Batel.9206" said:Oh, wow, these look fantastic!
Finally
we get some decent high heels for the ladies. (I originally thought the men's version didn't look as nice...then realized - it's a pair of casual shoes that can be worn with heavy armor classes. I revise my opinion: they're awesome.) Now I'm curious what they look like on asura and charr...

Someone said in (EU) chat that he had tried them on an Asura, and I got the definite impression that "what has been seen cannot be unseen", as they say.

EDIT: it's not quite as bad as that implies:
"")

As a long time asura player, it immediately didn’t look right when I first viewed it. It still doesn’t. But then I saw the picture of it being used on a human model at the top of this page and wondered, why does it look alright there?

The difference is, human models (human, sylvari, norn) get a bit of extra substance on their foot to compensate their missing heels. On the other hand, asura get their heels sliced off with no compensation.

It’s a bit inhumane if you ask me, but then again, asura ears are lopped off everywhere. And I can’t deny that the human models get their ankles obliterated by these shoes either. But IMO it would’ve been interesting if they did artificially increase character height (as it should) instead of slicing off heels/adding some mysterious body-like substance.

@Noodle Ant.1605 said:As a long time asura player, it immediately didn’t look right when I first viewed it. It still doesn’t. But then I saw the picture of it being used on a human model at the top of this page and wondered, why does it look alright there?

The difference is, human models (human, sylvari, norn) get a bit of extra substance on their foot to compensate their missing heels. On the other hand, asura get their heels sliced off with no compensation.

It’s a bit inhumane if you ask me, but then again, asura ears are lopped off everywhere. And I can’t deny that the human models get their ankles obliterated by these shoes either. But IMO it would’ve been interesting if they did artificially increase character height (as it should) instead of slicing off heels/adding some mysterious body-like substance.

Amid its many flaws, for which this thread is not the place, ArcheAge did do one thing right. If your human character wears high heels of any sort, you can tell because the character is a little taller, and you can see the change if you remove the heels and then put them back on.