Ruins and Borderland Bloodlust?

Gudradain.3892

They probably should change it to it only affected the map it's on (sorry ebg smc campers), and giving 100 stats instead (even guild aura can give 100). This way the attacking sides on the map can use it to even out the stats, (since some claim the guild aura to be a big advantage to defenders).

Although defenders having it would make it even more of a mess with +200 to stats instead lmao especially on roamers in the off hours, although ruins are not hard to flip.... but attacking zergs would have an advantage too when defending what they took. If you want it to be more important it needs to provide more significant advantages/disadvantages.

Better yet make it even more interesting, the attacking enemy on home borderlands having ownership of it switches off all passive tactivators and guild auras on all objectives on the map, yes even your own objectives, sometimes you need to sacrifice to obtain great power...

But's it's complicated and nothing will happen since no wvw development...

WvW is kind of down to a dominate server for different time zones and any blob that gets rolling now wont need the stats at this point in a forgotten WvW even if players can always use any extra stats. I wouldn't bother right now because I'd probably be scrambling across different maps trying to find a few big fights before too many log off.

I wish you could use it to "start" attacks on the maps.Like if you have the ruins captured your siege-to-structure damage is 25% more effective, or something. Maybe refer to it as scouting parties?The statistical benefit of owning the ruins is either inconsequential or unfair as it favours the group with more players, depending on who you ask. (Both can be true.) The opinion on ruins generally ranges from "eh, don't care" to "it's unfair". Nobody seems to especially like the ruins.

Even the roaming there is pretty dead.

~ Kovu

I like Bloodlust in principle, probably mostly because I really like the areas you get them in. But the effects are pretty meeh/lacklustre.

• The bonus stats are both so low that they doesn't really matter much, and at the same time I dislike them strongly because I don't like bonus stats as a design in a pvp game format (So the same applies to guild auras).
  • The extra PPK for finishers is ... ok ... but not really exciting one way or another. Most of the time, unless it's less than 2vs2 you never have time for finishers anyways, and just cleave/aoe downed players down.
  • Ironically the best effect of the borderland bloodlust, is that if you capture it, all 5 points remains in your colour, so you can actually GLIDE in those areas.

I agree with Kovu that it could be used for much more interesting effects like improving certain siege attacks, to both work as a buff for attackers, and as a warning system for defenders. Other effects I could see:

• +5 supply capacity
  • faster repair/build
  • speeding up supply production for the controlling team
  • perhaps weaken/strengthen doors on enemies/own towers

@Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

@Sansar.1302 said:it is a bad mecanic for wvvw as it gives stat boost that makes the one with more numbers even stronger

Not really. The stats are very negligible.

@KrHome.1920 said:Too insignificant.

Honestly, this ^

Honestly it's a bit of both.There was that one event where bloodlust gave a major stat boost (it happened for like a week, just once). The result was, server with most people was camping ruins, PLUS a stat boost, effectively removing other 2 servers from participation and counter-play in any way. Snowball effect was too big.Stat boost is a bad idea. What @Kovu.7560 suggested sounds way more balanced and interesting, providing very nice flavor to the match-up.

@Samug.6512 said:

@Sansar.1302 said:it is a bad mecanic for wvvw as it gives stat boost that makes the one with more numbers even stronger

Honestly, this ^

Honestly it's a bit of both.There was that one event where bloodlust gave a major stat boost (it happened for like a week, just once). The result was, server with most people was camping ruins, PLUS a stat boost, effectively removing other 2 servers from participation and counter-play in any way. Snowball effect was too big.Stat boost is a bad idea. What @Kovu.7560 suggested sounds way more balanced and interesting, providing very nice flavor to the match-up.

Gonna have to agree to disagree with you about the stats making a difference. My server frequently wins the war score and the kdr score and rarely has the bloodlust boost.

That being said, I do agree that the ruins can use some changes to refresh it, but that goes for the entirety of WvW in general and not just ruin alone.

Some ideas for reworking Bloodlust, all of which translate to EBG if Bloodlust is owned on all Borders.Note, literally making these up as I go so I'm sure there will be imbalances with these ideas. Each are individual, not suggesting Bloodlust does all these things at once.

• Disables enemy Mounts map-wide.

• Disrupts Tactics map-wide.

• Bloodlust nodes offer the option to send a Champion accompanied by two Veterans to attack your selection of Keep or Castle. Champion awards War Score at intervals while alive. 15 minute cooldown between summons. Does not attack other NPC's until destination reached.

• While Outnumbered Bloodlust grants additional attack Power and Ferocity inside Objectives you own, and Vitality and Toughness in Objectives you do not.

• Bloodlust nodes offer the option to teleport directly inside one random T2 or higher upgraded Supply Camp. After one player has teleported additional players cannot for 30 seconds.

• Disrupts Waypoints such that only one player may use a Waypoint per 10 seconds. Spawn Waypoint unaffected (obviously..)

@Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

Honestly, this ^

Gonna have to agree to disagree with you about the stats making a difference. My server frequently wins the war score and the kdr score and rarely has the bloodlust boost.

That being said, I do agree that the ruins can use some changes to refresh it, but that goes for the entirety of WvW in general and not just ruin alone.

You're lucky to be on that server. Those extra stats always make a difference for players and groups and used to make a difference in long larger fights but no one does the prep anymore because servers are so lopsided.

@"Kovu.7560" said:I wish you could use it to "start" attacks on the maps.Like if you have the ruins captured your siege-to-structure damage is 25% more effective, or something. Maybe refer to it as scouting parties?The statistical benefit of owning the ruins is either inconsequential or unfair as it favours the group with more players, depending on who you ask. (Both can be true.) The opinion on ruins generally ranges from "eh, don't care" to "it's unfair". Nobody seems to especially like the ruins.

Even the roaming there is pretty dead.

~ Kovu

This would be perfect i think

as was said yet: only the more numerous server has easy time flipping it, and it's not a mattering amount of stats (which is good, since if it'd matter it would be even more unfair...)

like, ofc u don't need those stats if u have just a lot better players online than the enemy servers. but on even grounds, or especially at heavy outnumbering, it really makes everything worse. and it's zero skill or brain involved to capture the ruins. nobody can actively defend them, nor is there any real sense in that.

the ruins + bloodlust thing needs to be replace. that's what balance patches shoulda fixed as one of the very first things. that's where u can balance something. not by random class number changes.

Major Borderlands Bloodlust - 1 extra pip for your team.Superior Borderlands Bloodlust - 2 extra pips for your team.

Another option that'll generate a bit content in the middle of the map. People care about pips.

~ Kovu

edit- heck, throw a small wxp and reward track boost onto teams that own more bloodlust. There are things you can do that will make more players care without potentially affecting the balance of power in fights.

@joneirikb.7506 said:I agree with Kovu that it could be used for much more interesting effects like improving certain siege attacks, to both work as a buff for attackers, and as a warning system for defenders. Other effects I could see:

• +5 supply capacity
  • faster repair/build
  • speeding up supply production for the controlling team
  • perhaps weaken/strengthen doors on enemies/own towersYou could combine and simplify all of that to a single idea that practically do the same thing:

Bloodlust caps enable a central supply depot/camp similar to supply from EoTM victory.