If we get GS

Lonewolf Kai.3682

@"Vladisimissius.2594" said:Would be nice to get something new. There are lots of weapons aside those we have for years. Spear, chain, knuckles, idk kung fu. Maybe someone more creative may suggest more. Wanna be surprised..

Aside from maybe making the spear or trident a ground weapon (small chance) no way they will introduce new weapons, because that would force them to add a new skin to each weapon collection in the game with the new featured weapon, and that will be INCREDIBLY time/cost innefective. Notice also that since the introduction of the Daredevil and Rev some staff (which used to be mainly "spell caster weapons) now have mele-oriented skins (including some that could only be called spears). So, the weapon type remains but some skin diversity has been reached (some hammers resemble battle axes, etc.).

i vote for greatsword too.

Most heavies greatsworders arent in good state, except berseker that come back to some metas. But a GS warrior is one of oldest stuff in the game.DragonHunter is good, but the style is extremy simple, is just a sitting duck spinning his GS,

With a GS we can have a "feral" and speed of revenant atack style, like we have with swords.

HoT brought utility/defensive spec. PoF brought condi spec. I really hope EoD brings a strong power spec that can compete with the best in raids/fracs.

For the weapon I’m in the majority when I say GS. It’s so much fun what they could do with it, like mist waves coming out when you swing. I also love some GS skins more than other weapons.

@"Raknar.4735" said:Power, AoE, cleaving close/mid range weapon.

Except both Warrior and Guardian can already do that. Boring. This is why most Rev Greatsword threads are so terrible because people just want what we already have on two other classes, but simply slapped on to Rev because "it looks cool". Can we have something different that actually works and is not just another copy/paste of Warrior and Guardian?

@Kanok.3027 said:

Except both Warrior and Guardian can already do that. Boring. This is why most Rev Greatsword threads are so terrible because people just want what we already have on two other classes, but simply slapped on to Rev because "it looks cool". Can we have something different that actually works and is not just another copy/paste of Warrior and Guardian?

The biggest problem I see with that suggestion is also that if another class gets access to greatsword, then it should definitely not be power based.

Literally all greatswords in the game currently are power weapons. Which makes the option to craft condition greatswords useless (and also many exotic greatsword drops).Having at least 1 condition based greatsword across all the classes which can use it would be great.

@Kodama.6453 said:

The biggest problem I see with that suggestion is also that if another class gets access to greatsword, then it should definitely
not
be power based.

Literally all greatswords in the game currently are power weapons. Which makes the option to craft condition greatswords useless (and also many exotic greatsword drops).Having at least 1 condition based greatsword across all the classes which can use it would be great.

More torment for Rev right? I'd be in favor of Poison and Chill.

@Kanok.3027 said:

What warrior and guardian is already able to do should have no relevance for the revenant. This is about the revenant class, not about warriors or guardians.Also, instead of just crying about GS threads because you personally don't like them, maybe give an idea of your own. As it stands your post doesn't really add anything of relevance to this discussion and directly goes against the thread-starters plea of derailing the thread, please and thank you.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Nothing wrong with torment; I mean: Necros already have a large focus on poison, chill and bleeding, Guardians burn people to ashes, Mesmers stack confussion like crazy... Rev started as a torment/burns with a bit of chill and minimal poison, but since HoT our chill access have been nerfed and the Renegade short bow have been based on bleeds for the regular attacks with burst of torment and burns. If the go condi (or hybrrid) I would like to see consistence across the specs instead of changing it with every expansion.

I want a main hand dagger used as a ranged weapon. But we just had a ranged weapon so likely not the best choice this round.

GS could definitely work.

But yeah definitely a power based weapon this time. I enjoy both renegade and herald. But we do lack alot of power weapons compared to our condi choices.

@Buran.3796 said:

Nothing wrong with torment; I mean: Necros already have a large focus on poison, chill and bleeding, Guardians burn people to ashes, Mesmers stack confussion like crazy... Rev started as a torment/burns with a bit of chill and minimal poison, but since HoT our chill access have been nerfed and the Renegade short bow have been based on bleeds for the regular attacks with burst of torment and burns. If the go condi (or hybrrid) I would like to see consistence across the specs instead of changing it with every expansion.

I know. It seems that Poison and Chill would compliment Mace/Axe.