Aviator Box and other items placed under chests purposely to annoy/prevent players from looting

2 minutes ago, troy.3257 said:

How many times have you heard someone say OH LOOK I got a Toy Box  or a SAB Box ....etc ? OR Man I am saving up my gold to get gem store aviator boxes they are sooooo cool. 

You dont because NO ONE gives a kitten about them. They are just troll items to mess up a loot chest with. The only people that would miss them in game are .... (drum roll) ........trolls.

Clearly you don't listen or talk to enough people and that my friend is not my problem 🙂 

Plenty of people enjoy a toy box or aviator one, it's just a fun feature. Just because you and your one friend don't like it, doesn't mean you can make a judgement call on what can be defined as fun. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, disco.9302 said:

Clearly you don't listen or talk to enough people and that my friend is not my problem 🙂 

Plenty of people enjoy a toy box or aviator one, it's just a fun feature. Just because you and your one friend don't like it, doesn't mean you can make a judgement call on what can be defined as fun. 

Oh yeah I see people discussing  about them for hours in map chat and people linking them at WPs in chat for all to enjoy..........never.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, troy.3257 said:

Oh yeah I see people discussing  about them for hours in map chat and people linking them at WPs in chat for all to enjoy..........never.

Your single experience of the game does not reflect all 16 million other players experiences. If you don't see or know about people enjoying these features it doesn't suddenly mean they doesn't exist.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, disco.9302 said:

Your single experience of the game does not reflect all 16 million other players experiences. If you don't see or know about people enjoying these features it doesn't suddenly mean they doesn't exist.

Dont worry Anet dosent give a kitten about them or how trolls use them, so messing up peoples loot chest is still a activity you and your friends can enjoy.

Have Fun 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, troy.3257 said:

Aviator boxes, and other boxes are useless and serve no purpose other than troll items. They should just be done away with. When I get one for birthday or whatever I just drop it  to get rid of the kitten.  I Have No interest in them at all.

Since you seem to think your experience is the only one: I have a group of friends in my guild that literally use the bobblehead novelty in pretty much all content they do because they think it's really funny, especially on large NPC models (like dragons, or the giant in cliffside fractal).

They also really enjoy aviator boxes (and whilst I do not give a kitten for them myself, I always just interact a second time to remove the effect), and I genuinely see people asking for them in map chat after metas like AB. Like, people get sad if people don't drop one.

What I am against is people dropping them on top of chests, or other things people need to interact with. Imo that is the real issue here, there should be some sort of barrier that doesn't allow people to do that.

• Like 1

I hate the trolls spawning stuff on top of chests etc., But the bottom line is that Anet doesn't give a darn and will not do to a thing to change it and, apparently, not even going to address it with a comment.  It's time to move on from the topic

Edited by Blude.6812
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Great thread guys, but those toys won't suddenly get removed. Click on the chest you want to loot and then press F to avoid using anything else, or simply position yourself correctly and watch what the F-prompt says you're about to do. It was never a big deal and it still isn't. 🙄

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

The thing is, when Anet just delete the Fun-boxes, they also have to delete the Merchants and all form of portals. Because, my only experience where i got so angry was with someone, or more than one, dropping merchants on some of the Smaller AB-Chests. I just couldn't interact with the chest, no matter what I have done. Not with next target via button press and click the box itself was absolute impossible. So a lot of people had to wait and go for a second run when they wanted the chests ....

Thankfully, i encounterd this only one time~.

I think the easiest way would be to make the zones where many chests are set as end rewards a spawn free zone. Like it is done in JP with the glider and mounts.
Since I don't really know how much work it would be to change the code for each chest. Since gw2 has more than a few chest types.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

Because, my only experience where i got so angry was with someone, or more than one, dropping merchants on some of the Smaller AB-Chests. I just couldn't interact with the chest, no matter what I have done. Not with next target via button press and click the box itself was absolute impossible. So a lot of people had to wait and go for a second run when they wanted the c

Sometimes this can be something that happens automatically if a player is using an Item Booster, so it may not necessarily be trolling.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1