2nd non pvp/wvw version of Legendary Amulet/Ring

It would be cool if with expansion came another way to get the legendary ring (currently in WvW) and legendary amulet (currently in pvp, mode that does not even need legendary equipment in the first place). It's a bit annoying that we gotta grind through it even as PvE-only players.

If not a new set, wouldn't it be cool to allow us to make 'slumbering' version of Coalescence in some way. Not adding more effects but just granting us another legendary item at the somewhat same cost (as I believe it is possible to craft 2 Confluxes at the moment)?

@"Solanum.6983" said:Edit: was not aware you can make 2 conflux, I stand corrected and will be making my 2nd XD

You can make a "Conflux" and a "Slumbering Conflux" and wear them both.The items are unique, so you cannot wear two "Confluxes" or "Slumbering Confluxes" at the same time.I'm using the two WvW rings because raids are not my thing.

Proof here:

I still have the hope that when GW2 is complete, you can make a full set of legendary armor and trinkets in the game type of your choice:

• PvE and Living World
  • Raids and Fractals
  • sPvP
  • WvW

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:

@"Solanum.6983" said:Edit: was not aware you can make 2 conflux, I stand corrected and will be making my 2nd XD

You can make a "Conflux" and a "Slumbering Conflux" and wear them both.The items are unique, so you cannot wear two "Confluxes" or "Slumbering Confluxes" at the same time.I'm using the two WvW rings because raids are not my thing.

Proof here:

I still have the hope that when GW2 is complete, you can make a full set of legendary armor and trinkets in the game type of your choice:
  • PvE and Living World
  • Raids and Fractals
  • sPvP
  • WvW

I don't know why I thought you couldn't, Even started getting materials for coalescence but couldn't push myself to raid. Very happy now that I can continue to play WvW and work on another ring :lol:

Honestly I'd rather another set of accessories / trinkets that are for WvW. Doesn't even have to have an effect. Why? WvW is the only mode that can make use of switching stats every balance patch. Very rarely do stats change for PvE unless you play specialized roles such as chrono.

I was ecstatic when I was able to use my WVW infusions in Confluxes along with templates for PVE fractals which is where the funding for WVW comes from.

Also it's repeatable and ever changing "content", unlike Aurora/Vision with JPs that people don't like to do and Coalescence which is about 3% of population of gw2efficiency *.

@"Fenom.9457" said:It would sure be nice if you could fill a given slot without being forced into a game mode, especially the niche toxic ones (raids and tournaments)

Would love another two rings, amulet, and armor set. I’d kill for it even

Slumbering Transcendence doesn't require tournament play.

Relevant stats

edit: that's more people that have Emblem of the Conqueror than Chef 500 (Grandmaster Chef) https://gw2efficiency.com/account/unlock-statistics?filter.group=56A82BB9-6B07-4AB0-89EE-E4A6D68F5C47&filter.category=4

The most common Champions story achievement has ~21% https://gw2efficiency.com/account/unlock-statistics?filter.group=A4ED8379-5B6B-4ECC-B6E1-70C350C902D2&filter.category=266

@"Infusion.7149" said:Honestly I'd rather another set of accessories / trinkets that are for WvW. Doesn't even have to have an effect. Why? WvW is the only mode that can make use of switching stats every balance patch. Very rarely do stats change for PvE unless you play specialized roles such as chrono.

I was ecstatic when I was able to use my WVW infusions in Confluxes along with templates for PVE fractals which is where the funding for WVW comes from.

Also it's repeatable and ever changing "content", unlike Aurora/Vision with JPs that people don't like to do and Coalescence which is about 3% of population of gw2efficiency *.

@Fenom.9457 said:It would sure be nice if you could fill a given slot without being forced into a game mode, especially the niche toxic ones (raids and tournaments)

Would love another two rings, amulet, and armor set. I’d kill for it even

Slumbering Transcendence doesn't require tournament play.

This is true, but it also has no visual effect. Keep in mind the original point of legendaries was a high end cosmetic only advantage. I know things have shifted a bit since then, but ideally you should only be interested in legendaries for cosmetics and prestige. They weren’t meant to be better than ascended, and the fact there even is a legendary with no visuals says something about how far we’ve strayed from what they should be

@"Fenom.9457" said:This is true, but it also has no visual effect. Keep in mind the original point of legendaries was a high end cosmetic only advantage. I know things have shifted a bit since then, but ideally you should only be interested in legendaries for cosmetics and prestige. They weren’t meant to be better than ascended, and the fact there even is a legendary with no visuals says something about how far we’ve strayed from what they should be

If you have any amount of PvE stat infusions (well over 90 gold each on average and that doesn't include aurillium or other 400g+ ones) and 3+ templates it is worthwhile to get Slumbering Conflux even if it takes you a while.Currently the best use case is a mesmer since even if you only PvE it has spiteful infusion recommended for mirage, condi boon , and condi chrono. The same goes for guardians, since the recommended fractal gearing is slightly different than raid gearing.

Transcendence is different because enrichments don't cost massive amount of gold generally although if you want a Koda or Otter enrichment on more than one template that's what you need. Since you don't need to win the top spot in the tournament (it's just wins) I'd say it's relatively fair if you want the visual effect.

While kharmin could argue gw2efficiency is not a valid basis for statistics, it's a subset of the community that would have more "stuff" on average. It's also not an insignificant sample size as there are nearly 300K registered users.

Adding more open-world legendaries that have extensive collections would just mean more things people do once and never again on their own, in my opinion, if it's obscure locations and/or events that ideally require more than one person. If you try to do Aurora or Vision trinket in 2021 you will see that LFG has very few people actively helping out with the jumping puzzles and the events or bounties unless it's a daily LS3/LS4. Consider how long Aurora has been out and it's still ~10% and Vision II is just over 5%. In addition, consider the investment in developer time to make the collections. It probably would not ROI. The best case for a new PVE "openworld" trinket would be to tie it to meta achievement items to reduce the amount of work needed. I can only imagine how much complaining there will be if a set of tier 3 Dragon slayer weapons is required similar to how you needed 6 Astral weapons and 6 dragonsblood weapons for Vision.

To expand on this , if there's a LS5 / "Ice Brood Saga" trinket it would likely involve the following:

• "/Stretch" Emote Tome from Champions
  • Dominion Tribune Manica from Jormag Rising (below 4% right now)
  • "/Playdead" Emote Tome from No Quarter
  • Steel Warband Banner Skin (~3%) or Forged Steel title (~1.4%) from Steel and Fire
  • "/Shiver" Emote Tome from Shadow in the Ice
  • Prize of the Boneskinner Skin from Whisper in the Dark (~9%)
  • "/Rockout" Emote Tome from Bound by Blood

That's seven items that can be used as a prereq for map currency "Encapsulators" that can act also as Xunlai Electrum Ingot sinks, if you tack on sort of separate resource sink it would be 8 (two mystic forges) to make 2 gifts + mystic tribute + the precursor.

At this point the statistics (the only ones we have access to) suggest that a LWS5/IBS trinket is not economically viable , you're looking at roughly 3% of existing gw2e users that can even make it today if there is no added scavenger hunt. In addition to that, some players may not want visual effects at all and until a legendary armory is actually realized there will be no way to use it on more than one character if you have it in templates , presuming it is another one-off PvE item.

Even Legendary Backpack: Ad Infinitum collection (and the glider) is listed at ~10% (which is ironically a fraction of a percent more than Envoy Armor II: Refined Armor even if the top legendary armor piece , Perfected Envoy Breastplate , is <5%) so it's safe to say unless it's an "any tier" fractal achievement or openworld-based trinket it isn't going to gain much uptake. I still see people advertise for Ad Infinitum on occasion and try to help people out with the low level Challenge Motes that nobody wants to do when it's a daily fractal.

The 350 WvW level gating on Warbringer has stopped its adoption as you can see by the 3% figure for the skin. Ideally a WvW trinket should be as accessible as Conflux (6-7 weeks at max tickets) or Warclaws which have had 34% rate on gw2efficiency and over 13% for Fatal Fangs achievement which requires finishing people in WVW with warclaw. There's below 2% for Sublime Mistforged Triumphant Hero's Breastplate (requires 500 rank, down from 2000) and Triumphant Hero breastplate has ~4.5% uptake which is close to the Perfected Envoy Breastplate at ~4.9% or the precursor Refined Envoy Breastplate at ~5.8%. So if anything is added for WvW it shouldn't be artificially gated if it's intended as a material sink for the economy : an effective implementation would result in a figure close to 13% rather than a low sub 5%; the emblem of the conqueror number suggests that without an artificial gate 15% or more people would have access within a year. The emblem of the avenger (killing players in WvW) number at >24.5% is even more impressive when you take into account only ~21% have any Champions story achievement at all.

edit: as Shadowmoon.7986 noted , an aquabreather would be more befitting the next PvE legendary. That is especially if underwater in parts of Cantha.

Leave it as is. Getting a full set of legendaries should require doing all parts of the game, even the parts you do not particularly like. I can honestly say I did not enjoy farming 6 astral weapons for vision, but I sucked it up, and farm them so I could get that legendary.

I would also prefer anet work on getting new legendaries in slots that do not exist, the aquabreather and infusion. I believe there are far more players who dream of getting purple in every hole like me than want overlapping legendaries.

@Shadowmoon.7986 said:Leave it as is. Getting a full set of legendaries should require doing all parts of the game, even the parts you do not particularly like. I can honestly say I did not enjoy farming 6 astral weapons for vision, but I sucked it up, and farm them so I could get that legendary.

I would also prefer anet work on getting new legendaries in slots that do not exist, the aquabreather and infusion. I believe there are far more players who dream of getting purple in every hole like me than want overlapping legendaries.

Yes a legendary should be a proof you have mastered the game, a full set all the gamemode of the game.The only real use of legendary are for wvw and endgame pve anyway (fractals cm and raids).

For now we have:-Openworld / Living World:37 legendary weapons.2 legendary trinkets

-Raids:1 armor set1 legendary trinkets

-Wvw:1 armor set1 trinket

-Pvp:1 armor set1 trinkets

If they had new trinkets they should cleary add them to wvw or raids (maybe fractal cm why not to diverse how you get them).Hey even pvp have more legitimty to get 1 new trinket even if it's usless to them.

2 full sets of armor and trinkets for PvE (openworld and Raids) and Competitive mods (PvP WvW) is ideal. Then give the competitive modes a way to make legendary weapons.

Legendaries themselves representing your mastery of the game is a tired argument. Only skins represent your mastery of a certain content. If you are only seeking out the utility, then you shouldn't be hindered by a game mode you loathe and only by time invested in the game mode you love to get that access.