Please fix the weird tilting already! [Merged]

GWMO.4785

Please fix the weird tilting already

. . . as it makes content like SAB a pain in the behind, with all its slopes and the frequent push/pull/knockdown effects. You can't make out the exact pixels on which your character is standing (which is often super important in Tribulation Mode) as the gravity alignment center is not the feet but the waist.

Unfortunately, you cannot use the manual self-fix (i.e., weapon stow) in SAB and either have to wait for your character to stow their weapon automatically or die, which are the only two options to reset character gravity.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Florimel.8069 said:

This will never be fixed. I remember having this bug since at least 2015, if not earlier.

But it only became a constant issue with a patch during Wintersday 2020.  It now triggers 100% of the time when characters get knocked off their feet, and that includes enemies and other NPCs.

Edited by Ashantara.8731

• 1 month later...

Tbh i have never seen this bug myself... but i do have a character (a female charr) who regularly falls on her back when she is gathering a node in my home instance (usually ore or winterberries). I never saw this on any another character (i have multiple acc). This bug corrects itself after the node is gathered, so no big deal (and it kinda looks funny).

• Confused 2

7 hours ago, GODh.3892 said:

Tbh i have never seen this bug myself... but i do have a character (a female charr) who regularly falls on her back when she is gathering a node in my home instance (usually ore or winterberries). I never saw this on any another character (i have multiple acc). This bug corrects itself after the node is gathered, so no big deal (and it kinda looks funny).

How can you not have seen it... it actually happens A LOT. Are all of your characters Charr or something and perhaps it doesnt happen to them?

I have seen it happen on Norn, Human and Asura (i dont play Charr and Sylvari). On Asura it happens in pretty much every combat situation, very annoying.

Edited by Zeusx.2906
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Zeusx.2906 said:

How can you not have seen it... it actually happens A LOT. Are all of your characters Charr or something and perhaps it doesnt happen to them?

I have seen it happen on Norn, Human and Asura (i dont play Charr and Sylvari). On Asura it happens in pretty much every combat situation, very annoying.

I don't know why it is not happening to me... maybe it is hardware or driver related?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GODh.3892 said:

I don't know why it is not happening to me... maybe it is hardware or driver related?

Very unlikely, im not sure why those things would be able to mess with any games physics. 

I am on an AMD system but if that was the reason i feel like it would have been figured out by now.   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zeusx.2906 said:

Very unlikely, im not sure why those things would be able to mess with any games physics. 

I am on an AMD system but if that was the reason i feel like it would have been figured out by now.   

I am not an expert, so i am not claiming anything. But there must be a reason why it is happening to you and not me...

I have a new pc since apx 40 days, but both my pc's were desktops with an intel processor and a nvidia videocard. Beside my mentioned "problem" with gathering i have never seen this problem.

2 hours ago, Zeusx.2906 said:

No AMD hardware here, I'm on Intel and nVidia.

It's definitely not hardware related as I saw it happen on computers different than mine.

2 hours ago, GODh.3892 said:

I am not an expert, so i am not claiming anything. But there must be a reason why it is happening to you and not me...

Are you sure? The only way to be sure is to check out my videos and see if you can reproduce the bug:
https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/93520-please-fix-the-weird-tilting-already-merged/?tab=comments#comment-93519

If you can't, then yes, it is not happening to you -- and it would be interesting to figure out why.

1 hour ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

If you can't, then yes, it is not happening to you -- and it would be interesting to figure out why.

I tried to reproduce the bug at the Black Earth Coalmine (like your 2nd video) using a female human necro with a greatsword (combat mode). For a split second i thought i had it too, but it immediately corrected itself. After that it never happened again.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Did you stow your weapon before attempting this again?

Yes, i just checked your video again to make sure that i am doing it correctly. Then i did another test run and i did not tilt at all...

1 hour ago, GODh.3892 said:

Yes, i just checked your video again to make sure that i am doing it correctly. Then i did another test run and i did not tilt at all...

Wow... I am at a loss of words. Now I really want to know what's going on.

What are your in-game graphics settings? I have everything at high(est).

15 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

What are your in-game graphics settings? I have everything at high(est).

RTX3080, both gw2 and windows setup at 1440p

My gw2 graphics settings: everything high/ultra, but shadows=low, shaders=medium, character model limit=low

all checkboxes checked, minus vertical sync

https://imgur.com/a/QgjkzTK

Edited by GODh.3892
added image

I play with everything maxed out and everything ticked on in the graphics settings. Again i think that if the cause was some graphical setting i feel like it would have been figured out a long time ago.

My guess is that they did try to fix this at some point but couldn't figure it out and so proceeded to ignore it and the complaints about it.

The funny thing about this is that i actually saw it happen to the devs in one of their streams (think it was an earlier EoD showcase) and absolutely nothing was said about. As if its supposed to happen. 

Edited by Zeusx.2906
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Zeusx.2906 said:

The funny thing about this is that i actually saw it happen to the devs in one of their streams (think it was an earlier EoD showcase) and absolutely nothing was said about. As if its supposed to happen.

Really?! 😂 This is embarrassing!

Now that that's been settled, I hope we will get some response after the weekend. It would be highly appreciated.

• Like 1

Aside from it sometimes happening in combat, another time it happened to me was after I made my character /sit. When I got up and walked away, there I went leaning all over the floor. I don't know if any emote would cause it to trigger, or if this was a truly bizarre one-off occurrence.

I was playing a male sylvari ranger, if that helps any.

• 1 month later...

I was doing a jumping puzzle that has mobs on it and I had the tilt bug on me and as I was about to jump I reached the end of the ledge and ended up horizontal to the ground for like half a second. Failed the jump. It looked like my character had a seizure or something.

Also to give you an idea of how ridiculous this can look: 

Let's Play Guild Wars 2 - In 2022 - Warrior - Part 7 - Immersive Leveling - Gameplay Walkthrough - YouTube watch from 31:45 to 32:50.

This is a new player too so far from ideal. If it was me I would have quit right there.

Also it obviously has something to do with crowd control effects on the player. 

Fix incoming any day now...

Edited by Zeusx.2906
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, DusK.3849 said:

Has anyone encountered this bug since the most recent update? Cause I haven't.

OMG! Thanks for the heads-up! 😲

I just went to Dociu Excavation in the Dredgehaunt Cliffs to test this on the knockback mines -- and it auto-corrects itself now! 😃 (It is still looking a little funny for a second, before it's adjusted back to normal, but this is so much better than before.)

@Rubi Bayer.8493, a huge thank you to the devs for having taken care of this issue. No more frustration at jumping puzzles, or anywhere else for thar matter. Feels good to have proper gravity back. No more getting tilted! 😆

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1