Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Please fix the weird tilting already! [Merged]


Recommended Posts

The cause of this seems to be getting cc'd (knocked down, pushed back, launched, etc.) by an enemy mob in the middle of an animation. Resetting the character model via mapchange or the use of a tonic are the only ways that fix it, but obviously it should not happen at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't imagine this not affecting every race, though.   As correctly observed by others, the tilting always occurs whenever the character gets pulled, pushed or other such actions are appli

@Adamixos.6785 said:The cause of this seems to be getting cc'd (knocked down, pushed back, launched, etc.) by an enemy mob in the middle of an animation. Resetting the character model via mapchange or the use of a tonic are the only ways that fix it, but obviously it should not happen at all.

Nope thats not the case with me, it can happen in LA just running around the town.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Tuchanka.5148 said:Typing an emote like /point seems to fix the tilting position. I just want to leave that here as an advice.

That's not really an option. You can't use an emote 24/7 when playing WvW or DRMs, you have to focus on other stuff as you are constantly in-fight.

The only real fix would be a repair of the code that is causing the issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Tuchanka.5148 said:Typing an emote like /point seems to fix the tilting position. I just want to leave that here as an advice.

That's not really an option. You can't use an emote 24/7 when playing WvW or DRMs, you have to focus on other stuff as you are constantly in-fight.

The only real fix would be a repair of the code that is causing the issue.

It's more of a bandaid fix/ help to fix your character tilt if that happens out of combat to you.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Zuldari.3940 said:

@Adamixos.6785 said:The cause of this seems to be getting cc'd (knocked down, pushed back, launched, etc.) by an enemy mob in the middle of an animation. Resetting the character model via mapchange or the use of a tonic are the only ways that fix it, but obviously it should not happen at all.

Nope thats not the case with me, it can happen in LA just running around the town.

Did you happen to fall off from a height that triggered the knockdown animation, during that run-around?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, I want to report this bug to see if there is any solution of it happen to others. I've had it sometimes on other characters but not too noticeable to be annoying.I've been mapping from 0 to 100% a fresh character (daredevil) and I've realized that sometimes the character its just inclined while moving. It's annoy me a lot because character just move a bit weird specially on ramps. Here is a video about what I mean:

Here is how you move normally, if you want to compare the character's inclination.

Does anyone know how to fix or minimize it? I think I get that inclination issue after using staff 5 or staff 2 often, after dismounting, or idk...

Excuse me for my english and I hope you can understand what I mean. I didn't get that issue that often like now. Oh, and you can "fix" it relogging but it usually come back after a few actions.

Good day.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@"Titan.8215" said:Hey, I want to report this bug to see if there is any solution of it happen to others about. I've had it sometimes on other characters but not too noticeable to be annoying.I've been mapping from 0 to 100% a fresh character (daredevil) and I've realized that sometimes the character its just inclined while moving. It's annoy me a lot because character just move a bit weird specially on ramps. Here is a video about what I mean:

Here is how you move normally, if you want to compare the character's inclination.

https://youtu.be/Cf7RVJzVLi4

Does anyone know how to fix or minimize it? I think I get that inclination issue after using staff 5 or staff 2 often, after dismounting, or idk...

Excuse me for my english and I hope you can understand what I mean. I didn't get that issue that often like now. Oh, and you can "fix" it relogging but it usually come back after a few actions.

Good day.

You need to edit link to second video as it has "https.//" twice (in the link that are actually directing to web site). You don't see in until you use edit or re-post it.

Corrected link:

Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems to be triggered by skills/abilities that "displace" your character in some way or form.

So it is bound to happen a lot more to people who play classes that have some kind of teleport skills, dashes, etc. or content where knock backs and the like are common.

I bet those who claimed being unaffected will encounter the bug the first time they get hit by a spider in SAB. Or anything really, since in there most types of DMG seems to come with a knockback/knock down attached. Not even talking about jumping rocks in Tribulation Mode ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

@"Rayti.6531" said:It seems to be triggered by skills/abilities that "displace" your character in some way or form.

As written before, it is now happening in SAB. What "displacement" skill do we have there? Oh, that's right: pushes and pulls.

Link to post
Share on other sites

P.S.

@"Rayti.6531" said:It seems to be triggered by skills/abilities that "displace" your character in some way or form.

So it is bound to happen a lot more to people who play classes that have some kind of teleport skills, dashes, etc. or content where knock backs and the like are common.

These are all situations in which the character wasn't near an enemy, yet the tilting occured (I've made screenshots with and without weapons drawn):

ghRQRcZ.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ashantara.8731 said:P.S.

@"Rayti.6531" said:It seems to be triggered by skills/abilities that "displace" your character in some way or form.

So it is bound to happen a lot more to people who play classes that have some kind of teleport skills, dashes, etc. or content where knock backs and the like are common.

These are all situations in which the character wasn't near an enemy, yet the tilting occured (I've made screenshots with and without weapons drawn):

ghRQRcZ.jpg

I noticed that even "fall dmg" is enough for it to trigger sometimes. Even though fall dmg per se does not exist in SAB, as soon as you fall far enough your character "face plants" - that might be what's triggering it - need to test this again once I'm home from work.

Might be some adjustments in the game physics that brought back this old bug... Maybe even related to adjustments made to SAB, since those are usually being worked on quite some time before its release. As far as I remember from dev interviews, making SAB work at all required quite some tinkering with game physics.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@"Rayti.6531" said:I noticed that even "fall dmg" is enough for it to trigger sometimes. Even though fall dmg per se does not exist in SAB, as soon as you fall far enough your character "face plants" - that might be what's triggering it - need to test this again once I'm home from work.

Perhaps we will get some feedback from the devs on this (regarding what's causing it).

Might be some adjustments in the game physics that brought back this old bug... Maybe even related to adjustments made to SAB, since those are usually being worked on quite some time before its release. As far as I remember from dev interviews, making SAB work at all required quite some tinkering with game physics.

Well... the past couple of years, I did not have it happen even once in SAB (and I played the Tribulation Mode 96 times for the infusions without it occuring at all). So I hope this gets fixed soon, it has become majorly annoying and disruptive.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ashantara.8731 said:Well... the past couple of years, I did not have it happen even once in SAB (and I played the Tribulation Mode 96 times for the infusions without it occuring at all). So I hope this gets fixed soon, it has become majorly annoying and disruptive.

True, the bug first appeared years ago, but was fixed for a long time until it reoccurred just recently. I also had no problems in my many Tribulation runs last year (at least not the character tilting one - the trampolines though... well...).

This is not the only bug that reappeared - the Weaver skills getting messed up when using mounts also got much worse recently. Might have merged some old code into the live build or something...

However, all we can do here is guesswork and provide as much information regarding which skills/actions trigger it in order to make tracking down the root cause of the bug easier.

Link to post
Share on other sites

After playing SAB for 4 days

... I can now say this with certainty:

  • Using an emote like /point does not temporarily fix the tilting.
  • Fall damage does not trigger the tilting. I've had several occasions where I would get up after falling from great heights and be perfectly aligned by the laws of gravity.

Ergo, the tilting issue is occuring by itself and has no specific triggers. And it's happening all the time, with very few exceptional moments.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is one reproduceable trigger - as I already said. Being hit by anything that causes knock down/back:

Note the non-tilting before being hit. Same happens when being hit by a monkey, spider, etc. -> The claim that there is "no trigger" is simply not correct. It's just that there are several, some of which might not be that easy to spot.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ashantara.8731 said:I just did the daily DRMs, and since Fireheart Rise has a lot of uneven terrain, it was extremely noticeable...

This has been going on _for three months now

Not had it happen to me in DRM's but it happens to me sometimes in WvW, and it is not a new bug, it has been around for years and years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Ashantara.8731 changed the title to Please fix the weird tilting already! [Merged]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...