perm stealth

@Captain Kuro.8937 said:

@"Junkpile.7439" said:Problem is that you need passive healing against thief. If your all heal comes from healing skill thief just poke you from stealth until you die or you get some lucky crit that thief fail to dodge. They rarely fail to dodge because they seems to spam evade too like no tomorrow.

2 whole evades on De , Much wow.

Lets make it , so they dont benefit from :

Acrobatics btwVigor class specific buff btwClass specific food effect I guess too btw

What is this post even supposed to be? :no_mouth:

Someone said , that thief can dodge spammWhile the other , say it has 2 dodges .I link the things use for the dodge spammWhat is the purpose of our conversation ? :no_mouth:

You've linked a trait from spec that sees less use than the Warrior's Defense line and 2 things that are available to every class. Your response made no sense.

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

@"Junkpile.7439" said:Problem is that you need passive healing against thief. If your all heal comes from healing skill thief just poke you from stealth until you die or you get some lucky crit that thief fail to dodge. They rarely fail to dodge because they seems to spam evade too like no tomorrow.

Acrobatics btwVigor class specific buff btwClass specific food effect I guess too btw

Someone said , that thief can dodge spammWhile the other , say it has 2 dodges .I link the things use for the dodge spammWhat is the purpose of our conversation ? :no_mouth:

You've linked a trait from spec that sees less use than the Warrior's Defense line and 2 things that are available to every class. Your response made no sense.

He's not the only person in this thread who has used examples of rarely used traits/skills as examples of why thief needs to be gutted. There was a video linked of a thief who put up a shadow refuge before going down and ended up in stealth for an eternity. When was the last time any decent thief used shadow refuge? That utility sitting no your skill bar is soooooo 2015.

@Sobx.1758 said:

How do you know that ?Are you like Ownen, there thief dont use stealth ?:P

@Captain Kuro.8937 said:

How do you know that ?

How do I know what? Which specs were overnerfed and don't see use? Or what is available to every class?...how do you NOT know that?

Are you like Ownen, there thief dont use stealth ?:P

Yes, I pretended thief doesn't use evades, this is exactly what I wrote, good job. :)Are you, by any chance, one of those people that instantly pm any thief that uses SINGLE stealth stack during a fight that they play "broken permastealth class"?

• Confused 1

@godz raiden.2631 said:

He's not the only person in this thread who has used examples of rarely used traits/skills as examples of why thief needs to be gutted. There was a video linked of a thief who put up a shadow refuge before going down and ended up in stealth for an eternity. When was the last time any decent thief used shadow refuge? That utility sitting no your skill bar is soooooo 2015.

Daredevil has 30% physical damage reduction , while DE have range+damageMake it so stealth behaves like other games . And both specs can use teleport skills such as Shadowstep or Death's Retreat , to avoid combat . If so reduce those cost to 3 , or cd to 10:)

@Sobx.1758 said:

How do you know that ?

How do I know what? Which specs were overnerfed and don't see use? Or what is available to every class?...how do you NOT know that?

Yes, I pretended thief doesn't use evades, this is exactly what I wrote, good job. :)Are you, by any chance, one of those people that instantly pm any thief that uses SINGLE stealth stack during a fight that they play "broken permastealth class"?

I am like you , i enjoy cercullar comments:)

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:Ah, yes, thief mains defending their op stealth and mobility.

Thieves should have no defensive measures to use whatsoever, I agree with you. All Gas. No Brakes. Let's do this. Remove stealth and mobility. Buff thief damage. Every skill that uses initiative gets damage increased by 500% as a baseline.

Man, players like you have wonderful ideas and I'm glad you're part of the balance team.

There is so much wrong with what you wrote, so much putting words in my mouth, no reply is needed. Good day

Mission accomplished boys and girls, I got one of them to leave. Jk.

But seriously, what's wrong about what I wrote? You want stealth and mobility gutted for the thief class. So you just want them to have evade frames as a defense? But other classes get to keep their stealth, blocks, aegis, mobility, evades, invulnerabilities, and resistance? Oh, and in general, higher armor values and larger health pools? Come on man, if you're going to suggest nerfing something as critical to a class's ability to fulfill any role at all, you need balance it with a compensation somewhere. I was being sarcastic, admittedly, but that's because you're just offering nerfs that would kill a class off entirely because you can't handle them.

There's a reason you don't see many thief mains complaining about thieves, even when we play on other classes. We know how to handle them. If thief is so braindead easy, players like you and others in this thread should play one for a bit. I look forward to turning you into bags while you learn the class.

@Captain Kuro.8937 said:

Daredevil has 30% physical damage reduction , while DE have range+damageMake it so stealth behaves like other games . And both specs can use teleport skills such as Shadowstep or Death's Retreat , to avoid combat . If so reduce those cost to 3 , or cd to 10:)

How do you know that ?

I enjoy your inability to spell the word circular.

If you want stealth to be the same as other games why don't you... play those other games instead?

@godz raiden.2631 said:

How do you know that ?

If you want stealth to be the same as other games why don't you... play those other games instead?

Why not nerf stealth and reduce the cost of s/d spells ?More survibility for thieves

Now that Longbow teleport have been nerfed . How much time will Thiefs will need to use another weapon for survibility ?

@Captain Kuro.8937 said:

How do you know that ?

Why not nerf stealth and reduce the cost of s/d spells ?More survibility for thieves

Oh so you want every thief to be forced into s/d? What a boring, horrendous mentality to have.

@godz raiden.2631 said:

How do you know that ?

Oh so you want every thief to be forced into s/d? What a boring, horrendous mentality to have.

Use 1 weapon for damage , use another for defenseShould we gut even more the teleport of the Shortbow ? Will it force people to use other weapons ?

@godz raiden.2631 said:

I've seen it used but the dropping it just before being downed and stealthing enough to revive I'd guess was happy coincidence but also aoe and attacknthe area it was casted, u see the thiefs house floating and if he tele out than thats less stealth uptime. I mean a teef standing in area of effect for full stealth gain is a easy target.

@Captain Kuro.8937 said:

How do you know that ?

Use 1 weapon for damage , use another for defenseShould we gut even more the teleport of the Shortbow ? Will it force people to use other weapons ?

As a thief who doesn't use shortbow now, or s/d, I'm failing to understand your argument here. Are you suggesting I should be using shortbow right now as my means of defense? Why are you so dead set on wanting thieves to be forced into s/d, shortbow builds?

Edit: Do you understand how thieves work, actually? You can one weapon set for offense, one for defense, but thieves operate under a global cooldown system called "initiative." So your ability to use defensive weapon skills is directly linked to how well you utilized your initiative on offense, and vice versa. You can't just attempt to go full offensive on a target, fail that attempt, swap to shortbow and get away for free using shortbow skills.

@godz raiden.2631 said:

How do you know that ?

As a thief who doesn't use shortbow now, or s/d, I'm failing to understand your argument here. Are you suggesting I should be using shortbow right now as my means of defense? Why are you so dead set on wanting thieves to be forced into s/d, shortbow builds?

You said , that if people want something nerfed , then they give a copensation .More active VISIBLE defense , is better for the thief

@Captain Kuro.8937 said:

How do you know that ?

You said , that if people want something nerfed , then they give a copensation .More active VISIBLE defense , is better for the thief

Invisible isn't invincible. Just because you can't see the thief doesn't mean you can't put him in the dumpster. Competent players understand they should save defensive utilities for the hardest hitting attacks from a thief, which come from stealth.

The reason stealth is so punishing via the thief class as a whole is because it punishes people who can't remain calm from the pressure that comes from an opponent entering and exiting stealth. Players with slower reaction times and who are tilted easily mentally always perform poorly against rogue classes in every game.

For some reason, I'm guessing players like you, even if you could see a thief evading all of your skills, would still lose those fights and end up coming right back here to ask for thieves to lose those same evade frames anyway. Thieves could be nerfed straight into the grave and you all would still want to take more from them. It's cool, I get it.

Edit: So if your compensation is more visible defense, what's your compensation for removing stealth attacks? Where's my offensive compensation too? Get real.

@Justine.6351 said:How would you go about getting rid of it without getting rid of thief too? The less complicated the better. The less band aid the better.

Thief doesnt NEED perm stealth to be viable that is flat out absurd. Next I would suggest what thief is lacking is becoming revealed, also they shouldnt have skills to just remove revealed that seems totally wrong. Also every class should have decent access to cause revealed. Otherwise, yes Thief has too much stealth and with less stealth it would be ok to give thief other things like easier access to damage or defenses. You know balance that works in within the confines of the limitations of the other respective classes.

@Moradorin.6217 said:

@Justine.6351 said:How would you go about getting rid of it without getting rid of thief too? The less complicated the better. The less band aid the better.

Thief doesnt NEED perm stealth to be viable that is flat out absurd. Next I would suggest what thief is lacking is becoming revealed, also they shouldnt have skills to just remove revealed that seems totally wrong. Also every class should have decent access to cause revealed. Otherwise, yes Thief has too much stealth and with less stealth it would be ok to give thief other things like easier access to damage or defenses. You know balance that works in within the confines of the limitations of the other respective classes.

Holy guacomole, if you remove access to stealth, you remove access to the hardest hitting skills thief has. You guys seem to operate under this asinine impression that stealth is explicitly a defensive mechanic for thieves, but it's what gives us access to our skills that actually kill you. What are you going to do, take away my malicious backstab and load that damage into my spammable weapon skills elsewhere? Then you'll be right back here complaining about how easily I'm hitting you for 7k by hitting my 2 key repeatedly and ask for nerfs to that.

You know what, let's have it your way. Gut stealth from thief, and remove it entirely from other classes as compensation too.

@Moradorin.6217 said:

@"Justine.6351" said:How would you go about getting rid of it without getting rid of thief too? The less complicated the better. The less band aid the better.

So you said his question is absurd and then immediately agreed that with less stealth "it would be ok to compensate with easier access to damage or defenses", but still didn't come up with anything more detailed, so in the end you dodged the question entirely anyways?Pretty weird as a response to that particular comment.

• Confused 1

@godz raiden.2631 said:

How do you know that ?

Invisible isn't invincible. Just because you can't see the thief doesn't mean you can't put him in the dumpster. Competent players understand they should save defensive utilities for the hardest hitting attacks from a thief, which come from stealth.

The reason stealth is so punishing via the thief class as a whole is because it punishes people who can't remain calm from the pressure that comes from an opponent entering and exiting stealth. Players with slower reaction times and who are tilted easily mentally always perform poorly against rogue classes in every game.

For some reason, I'm guessing players like you, even if you could see a thief evading all of your skills, would still lose those fights and end up coming right back here to ask for thieves to lose those same evade frames anyway. Thieves could be nerfed straight into the grave and you all would still want to take more from them. It's cool, I get it.

Edit: So if your compensation is more visible defense, what's your compensation for removing stealth attacks? Where's my offensive compensation too? Get real.

If by nerfing stealth means that Thief will go in the dumpster . Then it mean that stealth is overpowered and should get conpesation elsewhere :PIf s/d becomes problematic , we increase its cost/or reduce the damage if you stay longer than 10 sec . While for the first 10 sec is versaIf you get found out , while stealth , you remain self transparrent , that allow you to land Backstab and the trait that offer 33% damage rduction while stealth

@Sobx.1758 said:

@"Justine.6351" said:How would you go about getting rid of it without getting rid of thief too? The less complicated the better. The less band aid the better.

So you said his question is absurd and then immediately agreed that with less stealth "it would be ok to compensate with easier access to damage or defenses", but still didn't come up with anything more detailed, so in the end you dodged the question entirely anyways?

That's all these people ever do. They always suggest nerfing something critical to the thief class, and then when asked what they would compensate that with, they offer vague things like "more damage and defenses." I want to know EXACTLY what they mean in terms of more damage. Where do they want that damage to come from? Stronger modifiers in traits? Greater baseline damage on skills costing initiative? And what better defense? Do they want to give thieves better access to certain boons like aegis and resistance? Do you they want us to have more evades? Blocks? And what skills/traits would those be tied to? These people don't think about this AT ALL. It's laughable.

@Captain Kuro.8937 said:

How do you know that ?

If by nerfing stealth means that Thief will go in the dumpster . Then it mean that stealth is overpowered and should get conpesation elsewhere :PIf s/d becomes problematic , we increase its cost/or reduce the damage if you stay longer than 10 sec . While for the first 10 sec is versa

You nerf core aspects of other classes too and they would go in the dumpster if you don't compensate. Now stop dodging the point, and give me specific details on how and where you would buff thieves to compensate stealth removal/nerfs.

Go on, I'll wait while you do your best to get creative.

@godz raiden.2631 said:

How do you know that ?

If by nerfing stealth means that Thief will go in the dumpster . Then it mean that stealth is overpowered and should get conpesation elsewhere :PIf s/d becomes problematic , we increase its cost/or reduce the damage if you stay longer than 10 sec . While for the first 10 sec is versa

You nerf core aspects of other classes too and they would go in the dumpster if you don't compensate. Now stop dodging the point, and give me specific details on how and where you would buff thieves to compensate stealth removal/nerfs.

If you get found out , while stealth , you remain self transparrent , that allow you to land Backstab and the trait that offer 33% damage rduction while stealthAnd the traits remove cond while Stealth remains active :P

What is your proposal for active defenses ?: Go on, I'll wait while you do your best to get creative.Edit: What about the GWEN from LoL ? Stealth fielf persist around you (the enemy can see the field) , while inside you get 90% physical damage reduction and if the enemy step inside the field can attack you ?

@Captain Kuro.8937 said:

How do you know that ?

If you get found out , while stealth , you remain self transparrent , that allow you to land Backstab and the trait that offer 33% damage rduction while stealthAnd the traits remove cond while Stealth remains active :P

What is your proposal for active defenses ?: Go on, I'll wait while you do your best to get creative.

Is that... is that really your suggestion? So you don't have any actual compensation to damage or other ideas to give more defensive options to replace stealth? I'm assuming by transparent you're suggesting that a thief would have access to all the benefits of stealth, except for invisibility (dropping target). You know what, what do you even mean by found out? Like if I were to be hit by some random aoe spam that you throw all over the place you can see me now? What a horrible idea, if that's the case.

Also, I don't have to suggest anything, I'm not the one arguing for changes. Learn how to debate.

Your position: These things need to be changed:My position: I think they're fine as is, but if you changed them, what would you compensate them with.

Learn logic, please.

Edit responding to your edit: This. Is. Not. League of Legends.

@godz raiden.2631 said:

How do you know that ?

What is your proposal for active defenses ?: Go on, I'll wait while you do your best to get creative.

Is that... is that really your suggestion? So you don't have any actual compensation to damage or other ideas to give more defensive options to replace stealth? I'm assuming by transparent you're suggesting that a thief would have access to all the benefits of stealth, except for invisibility (dropping target). You know what, what do you even mean by found out? Like if I were to be hit by some random aoe spam that you throw all over the place you can see me now? What a horrible idea, if that's the case.

Also, I don't have to suggest anything, I'm not the one arguing for changes. Learn how to debate.

Your position: These things need to be changed:My position: I think they're fine as is, but if you changed them, what would you compensate them with.

Learn logic, please.

Then keep the permastealth, just like that exist in other games ,and bring other games backfire also ,like destealth and slow speed in stealth :P

@Captain Kuro.8937 said:

How do you know that ?

Learn logic, please.

Then keep the permastealth, just like that exist in other games ,and bring other games backfire also ,like destealth and slow speed in stealth :P

Once again, if you want systems that are in place in other games, play those games, where those systems exist with the context of balance in those games.

This is Guild Wars 2. Stick the context of Guild Wars 2.

The answer to the problems of Permastealth have already been suggested and shot down by the community at large.

I really no longer care. Remove stealth and replace with more dodge for the dueling classes for all I care. With the kittenshow that is WvW "balance" it doesn't matter, people that are still bad at 1v1 will still be bad at 1v1.

There is no real point but to play the game mode as blob vs blob anymore anyway. Playing my scrapper or firebrand with a zerg is 10 times easier and more rewarding than roaming anyway.